chapter 1.

Hidden Beauty.

Told in Kim Kibum's point of view.

 

"Kibum ah! You'll be late for school!" i heard umma yell as i groggily got out of bed. I hate school. Why do i even have to go to school? I kept thinking negative thoughts as i changed into my school uniform. I went to the bathroom to comb my hair and put on my glasses.

"KIBUM AH! HURRY UP!" umma yelled again. I sighed and quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face before grabbing my bag and heading downstairs. I snagged a piece of toast from the table and ran to the door to put on my shoes.

"I'm mmpheavn mmow!" i mumbled with toast in my mouth as i ran out the door and started walking towards school.

There are four parts of the day i hate the most. One, going to school. Two, my classes. Three, my job. and four, school.  I sighed as i kept my head down and walked towards the gates. As i passed through, i was pushed aside by a group of girls squealing.

"Jonghyun oppa is coming!" "I want to take a picture!" "He's so hot!" "Jonghyun oppa is mine!"

I scoffed. Jonghyun's fan club was already at it in the morning. I could hear the yelling and fangirling getting louder as a black car rolled up. I sneaked a glance behind me at the hottest guy at school, Kim Jonghyun. Yes, i have a tiny guy crush on him, but he was still a jerk to me. I saw his eyes fix on me and i quickly turned away and trudged towards the school building. Although i liked him, he was the reason why i hated school. His gang would always find ways to pick on me, either calling me a nerd or a . It was all about looks in this school. If you don't have the looks, you don't get the respect.

"KEYYY!" i turned around just in time to be glomped on by Taemin. He started nuzzling against my cheek, causing me almost loose balance and i was forced to lean against the wall, making our position rather awkward.

"Taemin ah! Get off! And what did I tell you about calling me Key?!" i hissed. Truth was, Key was a nickname. A nickname i used at my job. My job as a dancer in a club. Taemin worked their as well, but he did not want to use a nickname. Taemin and I were asked to dance seducingly, ily, to get more customers. It was retarded, but the pay was good.

"But i like Key better. Kibum sounds too formal." Taemin pouted.

"Just don't call me Key. Please please please." I attacked Taemin with aegyo. He took a step back.

"F-fine. Gosh, how did you get so good at aegyo." he muttered.

"Look who's talking. I learned it from you." i laughed, adjusting his hair as we walked to class together. On the way to class, we ran into Kim Jonghyun and his group of friends. I lowered my head as we walked past them. I felt someone's shoulder hit mine and i fell to the ground. My glasses clinked away and i struggled to get up. I heard snickering and whispering behind me. I felt Taemin's arm around mine and he helped me up, handing me my glasses.

"You okay hyung?" Taemin asked in a worried tone.

"Y-yeah. Let's go."

During class, i gritted my teeth as another lump of paper hit the back of my head, followed by giggles. I looked me to see Kim Jonghyun aiming another ball of paper at me. I quickly turned around and sighed, clenching my fist as i felt the lump of paper hit the back of my head again. I quickly turned around to face his laughing face.

"Would you stop it?!" i hissed quietly, not wanting to attract the teacher's attention. Jonghyun just sent me a merong.

"No can do, nerd."

I scoffed and turned away. What a jerk.

"Jonghyun oppa. Stop wasting your time with that ugly thing. Play with me." i heard a girl behind me whine. It was so annoying, having to worry about how you look. It disgusted me seeing girls wear tons of make-up just to impress guys. I prefer natural beauty, like Taemin.

I don't think looks should define someone. Just because i look like a nerd with glasses, that doesn't mean i am a nerd. Just because Jonghyun looks like a short dinosaur doesn't mean he is one. That might not have been the best way to explain what i am trying to say, but bottom line: Looks shouldn't matter. What's inside matters.