chapter 4.

Hidden Beauty.


Told in Kim Kibum's point of view.

 

"Taemin i'm such a pabo!" i whined as i buried myself in Taemin's lap. We were sitting on the couch in our changing room resting.

"Key, i doubt Jonghyun hyung noticed. I'm just glad he didn't notice me." Taemin sighed, petting my hair.

"That's because you look like a girl naturally." i mumbled. I looked up and saw Taemin give me a merong. I sat up from his lap and went to the mirror to wipe off my make-up. I heard a knock on the door halfway through wiping my left eye.

"Who is it?" Taemin asked.

"Your hyung." our hyung said. Taemin ran and opened the door.

"Hey. Sorry to disturb you guys but there's this dinosaur outside the backdoor. He might be waiting for you guys, so i'll have the guard out front you out the front door."

"Deh." Taemin nodded, and thanked hyung as he walked out, closing the door behind him. That ert dinosaur!

"AAAUGH! I can't face him in school tomorrow." i groaned. I took out my contacts and threw them in the trash bin along with my make-up covered cotton pads. I put on my glasses and stole a face mask from the drawer of another hyung.

"Let's go Taemin." I said, grabbing my jacket and school bag. Taemin nodded and grabbed his stuff. We walked back into the club and saw the cleaning crew sweeping. We gave them a nod before walking to the front door where our guard walked us back home.

"Thanks hyung." Taemin grinned when he was walked home. 

"See you tomorrow Key hyung." Taemin winked before walking into his house.

"Anyeong." i waved. When the door closed, i turned to our guard hyung.

"I can walk myself home." he nodded and left. I started walking home, thinking about ways to avoid Jonghyun. First off, i had first period with him, so maybe i could switch seats with someone. Maybe Choi Minho. He sits the farthest from Jonghyun. Next, avoid him in the hallways. I'll drag Taemin with me. Lunch, just hide behind a tree and eat. P.E. .. maybe i can avoid changing in the locker rooms .. otherwise he might recognize my or my legs.

"I'm home." i sighed and took of the mask as i walked into my house.

"How was work?" Umma asked from the kitchen.

"The usual." She thinks i work at a store, but little did she know that i got fired for criticizing the designs. I went to the kitchen and Umma handed me a plate of food.

"Kamsahamnida." i mumbled and sat down to eat.

"Oh Kibum. Something came in the mail today." Umma sang playfully. I gulped down the bite of food in my mouth and jumped up.

"Are they here are they here?!"

"They just arrived today." Umma laughed and handed me a box. I was so happy! My contacts finally came! I wouldn't have to wear these stupid glasses! I could put on all the make-up i wanted without having it magnified by my glasses. I started dancing randomly around the kitchen table when i stopped.

Jonghyun. He's seen me without glasses. With make-up. He's going to recognize my face.

"What's wrong Kibum?" my mom asked. I shook my head and smiled.

"Nothing. Just excited. Thanks umma." i grinned, finishing my food quickly and running upstairs to call Taemin. He answered immediatly.

"HYUNG!" Taemin squealed through the phone. I had to hold it a good 4 inches away from my ear.

"Taemin ah! My contacts came!"

"OMO! NOW YOU'LL LOOK ALL HOT AND Y AND SCHOOL TOO!" Taemin yelled. I groaned. Why was he so posative about everything?

"No Taemin ah. I can't wear them to school!"

"W-wae?" Taemin whined softly. Now i can hold my phone to my ear.

"Jonghyun has seen me without my glasses so he might recognize my face."

" ...... OMO YOU'RE RIGHT!" I had to hold my phone away from my face again. "But hyung!! I was really looking forward to you wearing contacts." i heard Taemin whine and sighed.

"It's okay i guess." i said. "I'll see you tomorrow. Sleep early! We have the late shift tomorrow."

"Omo, i almost forget! Deh, see you tomorrow! Anyeong." Taemin said before hanging up.

I sighed and placed my phone on my bedside table before flopping onto my pillow. I'll have to hide my face from Kim Jonghyun tomorrow. I wish I could hide my too, because i was afraid he'd recognize it.

 

-Next Day-

"KE- ahh ... KIBUM HYUNG!" I heard Taemin cry behind me and i felt him glomp my back.

"Yah! Don't call me that name!" i hissed, noticing that Jonghyun and his group was around the corner looking at us.

"Mianhae. I forgot." Taemin mumbled, getting off my back. I sighed.

"It's okay. I don't think he noticed." i said as i pushed my glasses further up the bridge of my nose. We both walked past Jonghyun and his group, and i froze when i heard someone whisper the words "pink ". I quickly pretended i didn't hear anything and continued walking.

"Damn it." i looked down to hide my face, not noticing where i was going.

"Hyung! Watch out!" i looked up just in time to collide with someone's shoulder and i fell backwards, my glasses clinking off in a different direction. I looked at the blurry figure above me and saw it just walk away. I heard Jonghyun and his friends' laughs growing louder and louder. I felt Taemin's arms around me as he helped me up.

"W-where are my glasses?" i mumbled, still trying to hide my face. I saw a blurry face staring straight at me.

"Here." i heard Jonghyun's voice and felt my glasses pressed against my hand. I took it and quickly put the on, freezing at the sight of Jonghyun's face inches from mine.

"Key?" he asked. I swear i thought my heart stopped.

"A-ani. What are you talking about?" i mumbled, picking up my books. Jonghyun shook his head.

"Nevermind. Get out of the way." He roughly pushed passed me, scoffing at his own disbelief.

"That was close." Taemin sighed. He patted some dust off my shoulder. 

"He recognized my face though! He said "Key"! Damn it i should permanently glue my glasses to my face." i grumbled, heaving my books and walking towards class. 

Through the entire school day, i saw Jonghyun and his friends trying to get a good look at my face. I noticed Jonghyun leaning to the side during class to see my face. Well, at least it wasn't my .

After school, i walked with Taemin towards the club, only to find Jonghyun tailing behind us. I pretended i didn't notice him and leaned toward Taemin's ear.

"Behind you. Dinosaur alert." i whispered. Taemin took a quick glance behind him and giggled.

"He's such a stalker."

"Yah. What should we do?"

"Let's just go into the market and sneak out the back door. I think there's an alleyway to the backdoor of the club." Taemin whispered. I nodded and quickly followed him as he lead us to a market a block from the club. We went into the market and hid behind a shelf of snacks.

"Oooh, banana milk~" i heard Taemin cry and i quickly grabbed onto his jacket and pulled him back behind the shelf.

"Shhh." i hissed. I saw Jonghyun enter the store and he started up the aisle. I quickly pushed Taemin towards the back door.

"Pali pali pali!" i said. When we were out the door, Taemin sprinted to the right and i followed. We turned left and right several times before i found myself infront of the back door to the club. Taemin grinned triumphantly. We knocked and our hyung let us in.

"Did that dinosaur chase you down?" he joked, walking us to our changing room. I nodded and entered. Taemin and I did our homework until it was time for our shift. Because today was a Friday, the club stays open until 1 in the morning, which means Taemin and I will be on stage shaking our asses for 6 full hours. Of course we had breaks, but it was hard to have a peaceful one when everyone was trying to your or you.

"Hyung." Taemin whimpered while pointing to the dark clothes bags that hung in the corner with our names on it. 

"Do you want to open them?" I asked Taemin, who shook his head furiously, his mushroom hair spinning. I laughed at his aegyo and trudged over to the bags. I slowly zipped mine down mid-way and peeked in.

"Hey, it's not that bad this time." i cheered, throwing Taemin's outfit to him. He grinned when he saw a pair of turquoise blue skinnies and a dark blue wifesbeater.

"YAY!" Taemin squealed, running behind a rack of clothes to change. "I love it when we get skinnies!"

I laughed and took out my outfit. Black skinnies with rips up to my mid-thigh and a silver wifesbeater. I changed behind our couch and grinned when Taemin came out behind the rack.

"You look nice!" i giggled and stood up from behind the couch. Taemin gasped.

"Hyung! You look so y! I bet if Jonghyun came tonight he'd be drooling!" Taemin laughed. 

"Yah Taemin ah! That's not what i want!" i scolded. I went over to our make-up counter and helped Taemin apply eyeliner and other cosmetics. When i was done, you could not tell it was Taemin. I grinned at my masterpiece.

"Wow hyung! You should become a make-up artist!" Taemin squealed as he admired himself in the mirror. I chuckled and put on extra eyeliner so pabo Kim Jonghyun would have a hard time recognizing me. I also put on my contacts, which were a lighter shade of brown. My normal eye color is dark brown, like most asians. [not intended to sound racist or anything >.<]

"Yah! It's time!" Our hyung called, poking his head through the door. Taemin and I both nodded, quickly put on some necklaces and bracelets before going out the door. A quick "hwaiting!" was shared before going on stage to meet the stench of sweat, , and lust filled customers.

I grinned and put on my "work" face and held the pole while the dj put on a song. I smiled when it was one of my favorites. It was my favorite because i could easily sway to the beat without over exhausting myself, and i knew a whole bunch of moves that would make everyone in the club drool. After just five minutes of pole dancing, i could tell they wanted me. Their eyes followed my every move. When i first started this job, i found it creepy. Now, i take their lustful gazes as a compliment. 

An hour past. Then another, and no sign of Kim Jonghyun. I was getting tired. I panted slightly as i grinded myself against the pole, feeling hungry hands claw at my ankles. I glanced at Taemin and saw his chest heaving. I stopped dancing and heard a few groans, but ignored them and walked over to Taemin and placed a hand on his shoulder. He stopped dancing and looked up at me.

"You can go ahead and rest." i whispered in his ear.

"But hyung-"

"Just go Taemin. I don't want you to collapse." Taemin nodded and gave me a quick hug before trotting off stage. I stood in the center and faced the hungry crowd. Only 2 more hours, might as well make the best of it. My ears almost exploded as i stripped off my wifesbeater. I glanced up at the VIP section as i threw my shirt to the side and saw Rain smirking, but he nodded in approval. Ohh .. smells like a raise. Or maybe it just smelled like want.

I started dancing again. Shaking my , my lips, doing anything to seduce the crowd. I had to keep this up until Taemin regained some strength. I felt a bead of sweat run down my back and my chest as the heat in the room began to rise. How i wished this was over.

 

Told in Kim Jonghyun's point of view.

 

I was extremely determined to find Key. Not just because of his . Okay maybe a little bit, but i found him really interesting. How a guy could have such girly qualities. As i started walking towards the club with my head bent low, i thought about my encounter with stupid Kim Kibum at school. When his glasses came off, i thought i was seeing Key. I did call him Key, but of course, how could nerdy Kim Kibum be the y Key on stage?

I chuckled at my retardedness, smiling when i saw the club up ahead. Sadly, it was rather packed due to the fact that it was a Friday. I managed to squeeze in and found myself drooling at the top- Key. He had some abs, but not as much as me. I could tell he was tired by the way he breathed. I kept my eyes on him evey second he moved, until he left the stage and the crowd groaned.

"Key!" i called as loudly as i could. I saw him glance back as he neared the edge of the stage, his eyes shifting through the crowd. I waved my hand in the air, and his eyes fixed on me. His expression was somewhat off-putting. He looked ... scared. I saw him continue walking off stage and he didn't look back. But i didn't stop there.