Mine

My Precious One

Four weeks.

Heechul had been missing for a month.

At first we didn’t worry much (except for mother, of course) because Heechul would always do things like this. He liked to have his space, as well as the attention.

But never had he gone on so long without at least calling someone (me, most of the time). The longest had been two weeks.

My father mobilized his men, and they started to ask around for my brother. The ones that were undercover looked around, too, in search for the heir of the Kim clan.

He was nowhere to be found, and it was my fault.

The mission he had gone to...it had been for me. And now he was missing, probably kidnapped. Maybe he was being tortured, maybe they didn’t know who he was and that’s why they hadn’t asked for a ransom.

It was my fault. So I decided to look for him.

 


Mine

 

 

“Hey.”

Kyuhyun doesn’t look up from the picture in his hands.

It’s Suho, hugging him from behind and smiling. In the picture, Kyuhyun is frowning, but the corner of his mouth is curved upward and his eyes don’t hold anything but love. The picture was taken a few months before by Changmin, one of the days that Suho had labeled as one of  “Daddy’s grumpy days.”

Kyuhyun remembers the date not because of the picture, but because his “grumpy days” are always certain anniversaries: the day he met Siwon, the day they first made love, the day he left the man with no explanation other than a short “You can see Suho whenever you want, but leave me alone.”

“Kyuhyun,” Siwon calls again, and this time his voice sounds closer. “Please look at me.”

And so he does, but he regrets it almost instantly.

Siwon looks fine, composed. Even if he had ruffled his hair earlier out of exasperation, he still looked handsome and ready to hold a meeting in his crisp suit. Kyuhyun doesn’t even want to look at himself in the mirror, because he can just imagine how awful he looks. He’s still in the jeans and t-shirt that he put on before waking up Suho, a beige cardigan shielding him from the coldness of his parents’ mansion. His hair is messier than usual due to the many times he has pulled on his brown tresses in desperation.

This is not how their meeting should have been.

He wanted to be at his best when he talked to Siwon again. He wanted to show that he didn’t need him to survive, to feel okay about himself, to just feel anything at all. He should have been dressed elegantly, holding in one hand his heart for Siwon to see that its heartbeats were no longer for him, while his other hand was interlaced with Changmin’s. This is not going as he planned.

Siwon clears his throat before speaking. “We need to talk,” he says and sits down across from Kyuhyun, who has narrowed his eyes.

“Talk about what?” the younger hisses at him, his free hand forming a fist.

Siwon ignores the venom in his voice. “We need to talk about our relationship.”

Kyuhyun barkes out a mocking laugh, then he leans closer to Siwon. “There is no relationship between you and me. We are divorced. We have been for three years.”   

“The fact that we are divorced means nothing –”

“It means everything!”

“–when we have a son. Even if we are not romantically involved with each other, we have something –someone that concern us both.”

The younger stays silent at the mention of his son, but as soon as Siwon is done talking he tries to fight back. “Don’t bring Suho into this. Not now, Choi Siwon.” He warns the older.

“I have to, or else we will be stuck in this situation until one of us dies. Or maybe until Suho is old enough to decide who he wants to live with –”

Kyuhyun pales, then he blushes a furious shade of red. “You want to take him from me! That’s what you want to talk about! You want to take my son from me, you bastard!”

Siwon doesn’t have time to analyzed his words before Kyuhyun tackles him into the floor, his fists hitting any surface of flesh he can. He keeps on cursing at him, calling him names that would make Heechul nod in approval (since he was the one who probably taught him those words in the first place) and hitting him with as much strength as he can.

“You are not taking him from me! You can’t! He is mine! He is my son!”

He tries to calm him down in vain, restraining his wrists and looking up to meet Kyuhyun’s eyes. They are filled with anger, but there is also fear. So much fear that Siwon’s heart clenches painfully. “Kyuhyun calm down. I’m not going to take Suho away from you, I couldn’t. Calm down.”

But it’s useless. With his wrists restrained by Siwon’s hands, he tries to kneel him in the groin. Fortunately for him, Siwon stops him before he can. He uses his legs to trap Kyuhyun’s.

The younger man continues to struggle against Siwon, repeating the same words again.

“You can’t take him from me, you can’t take my son from me...you can’t.”

Minutes later, he collapses on Siwon’s breathing heavily. His face is hidden in Siwon’s neck, so the older man can’t see his eyes, but he doesn’t let go.

It’s only after he feels tear drops falling against his neck that he loosens his grip on Kyuhyun’s limbs. He does it cautiously, aware that even though Kyuhyun seems to have given up, he could start fighting again.

But Kyuhyun doesn’t.

He stays on top of Siwon, his face hidden in the older’s neck and his strength all gone. He sobs against the father of his son, against the man he loved once, against the man he still loves so much that it hurts because they are not together. To make matters worse, a voice in the back of his head whispers a malicious because you left him. It’s your own fault. And he starts to sob even more.

He has nothing. Nothing nothing nothing.

His son is gone and the love of his life is beneath him, but so very far away. And it’s all his fault. He decided to leave Siwon, and maybe he if he had stayed, maybe Suho would be safe, in his arms, with him, with Siwon, together.   

He has nothing. Nothing nothing nothing.

Then there’s a hand caressing his hair, another one rubbing his back in a soothing manner. And there is Siwon’s voice, deep and familiar, whispering sweet things in his ear. And when he takes a deep breath, he breaths in Siwon’s cologne. It’s still the same he used years ago, the smell that would lulled him to sleep, the scent that Kyuhyun would wake up to in the mornings.

“Kyu, I’m not going to take Suho away.” Siwon whispers in his ear. “I would never... I can’t do that to you, or to my son. Even if you decide to...” he swallows before he continues, “to marry Jung Changmin and have more kids, even if Suho himself wants to leave you to be with me. I wouldn’t take him from you.”

And he is saying the truth. He could never separate Kyuhyun and Suho, he would never dare. He is ruthless when it comes to being the head of his clan, but his family, Kyuhyun, his son...he would never do anything to harm them intentionally.

Kyuhyun tenses in his arms, and his sobs come to a stop. When he tries to wiggle away from his embrace, Siwon lets him. They both stand up, and Kyuhyun is facing away from Siwon when he says the next words.

“I hate you.”

Then he leaves, closing the door behind him.

 

~.O.~.O.~.O.~.O.~.O.~

 

“Hey.”

Kyuhyun wonders why everyone starts a conversation with him by saying “hey.” He’s pretty sure there are other greetings that they could use –or better yet: they could leave him alone.

He doesn’t want the sound of the ringing phone be drowned by the voice of someone. Not even by Changmin. Since ignoring Siwon obviously didn’t work, he decides to actually scare away his best friend.

“Look Changmin” he raises the phone in his hands and shows his best friend, “I don’t want to talk. I’m waiting for a call.”

“You have been waiting for that call for a long time now. Why do you think they would call at two in the morning?”

“There are many reasons as to why they are taking so long. Maybe they don’t have clocks. Maybe they want to make us desperate. Maybe –”

“Maybe you need to rest, Kyu.”

Kyuhyun sighs and rubs the back of his neck, tired.

“I need my son. That’s all I need.”

Changmin laughs, then he takes a seat next to Kyuhyun and sneaks an arm around his shoulders.

“Let’s make a deal: you get some rest, and by the time you wake up we will surely have some news about Suho.”

Kyuhyun looks up to him with hopeful eyes, and this is when he notices. He cried. Kyuhyun had been crying before he found him. If Changmin didn’t know him so well, he would have taken his red eyes as tiredness. But Kyuhyun can last days awake and still look fine –a little bit crumpled, but fine.

He doesn’t dare to ask how or when, because Kyuhyun will clam up and deny everything. So he hugs Kyuhyun towards him kisses his hair, keeping his lips there for a long while before letting him go.

Kyuhyun is about to leave the room when a hand in his wrist stops him. He looks back with sleepy eyes and furrowed eyebrows.

“Min?” he asks in a low voice.

But Changmin doesn’t answer. He tugs Kyuhyun’s hand until the older male is in his arms, hiding his face in Kyuhyun’s neck. His lover, although confused, hugs him back.

He inhales deeply –and he breaths in a scent that doesn’t belong to the male in his arms. Kyuhyun usually smells like lemons and something very sweet. But this scent is too strong, too dark, too masculine.

Changmin smiles bitterly because knows whose scent this is.

He has always known that Kyuhyun doesn’t belong to him, that all the minutes they spent together were counted and very limited. He can already see their end coming.

He wonders if this is the last time he will embrace Kyuhyun like this.

“I love you, Kyuhyun.”

Kyuhyun snickers in his arms before hitting his arm.

“Goodnight Changmin.”

 

~.O.~.O.~.O.~.O.~.O.~

 

Kyuhyun wakes up to the sound of his own voice.

 

Lived by the sea

And frolicked in the autumn mist

In a land called Honah Lee

 

It’s his cellphone, blaring out Puff the Magic Dragon to signal an incoming call. Kyuhyun decided to set it as his ring tone because Suho had always liked the song. It always adorable to hear him sing the words with his adorable voice.

 

And brought him string and sealing wax

and other fancy stuff. Oh!

Puff the magic dragon

 

Kyuhyun smiled at the memory of Suho singing along, his mind vaguely wondering who would call at this unholy hour.

It was only when he turned his head to look at the digital clock on his nightstand to see the time –only to find it gone that he remembered.

He scrambled out of the bed to find his cellphone, calling out the first name that came to his mind.

“SIWON! SIWON! SIWON!

 

And frolicked in the autumn mist

In a land called Honah Lee. Oh!

Puff the magic dragon

 

He could hear steps hurrying to his room, but he ignored them in order to answer the call.

“Suho!” he called out as soon as he answered.

He heard a feminine chuckle on the other side of the line. “I’m afraid not, Cho Kyuhyun... or should I say Kim Kyuhyun?”

“Who are you?” he asks.

A laugh, melodic and beautiful. “You don’t remember me? I’m offended, Kim Kyuhyun. You owe me at least this, don’t you think? You should remember me. After all, you took what was mine.”

“I didn’t –”

He is cut off by the door opening.

It’s Siwon and Changmin, both holding a gun in their hands. Behind them, Kyuhyun can make out his brother and his father.

The women keeps on talking, and Kyuhyun puts her on speaker.

His eyes remained on Siwon’s as she speaks, and he can see the recognition in his eyes. He knows the woman.

“Oh but you did, Kim Kyuhyun. You took my happiness from me. So I decided: an eye for an eye. You took what was mine...so I took what was yours: your son.”

Then she hangs up.

 


Wow, I think this is the first time I update so soon, right?

Well, I was just really excited when I saw that I have so many suscribers! Thank you so much you guys!

As a reward (and since some of you have been asking for it), here it is: your wonkyu interaction. Not what you expected, but at least they touched? And yes, if you want to kill Kyu I ask of you to please forgive him, he doesn't know what he is doing. Even though I wanted to slap him myself during the chapter...but no, we cannot do that. We would every family after us! I don't know about you guys, but the one that scares me the most is Heechul. :P

Anyway, review? Your opinion would make as a perfect birthday present!