Jang's Barbeque House

Remember me?

 

Saturday afternoon, you were just lazily lying on your bed when you heard a knock on your door.
"Hey, let's eat out tonight, there's nothing left in the fridge.", your sister popped her head into your room.
"Sure, at where?"
"Good question. Do you have any recommendation?"
Then, an idea came up, Dongwoo's mum's restaurant.
"I know a place.", you gave your sister a smile.
 
"And here we are!", you stopped and pointed to the signboard to your siblings.
"Jang's barbeque house?", your brother tilted his head to the left as he read the words.
"Yup. Come on, there's someone who'll be glad to see you guys.", and you pulled your siblings into the restaurant.
*Ding ding*, the bell by the door rang.
You eyes landed on Dongwoo's mum who was by the cashier.
"Paying for table?", she asked without looking up.
"Hi omonim.", you said with a slight smile.
She then looked up and saw your siblings with you, "Omo! You guys came!"
Just then, your brother came to your side and pulled the edge of your clothe, "Psssst, who is she?"
"Have you forgotten omonim?! This is Mrs Jang, she used to be our neighbour when we were in Singapore. Remember?"
"It's okay, we can talk more while you guys eat. Come on, let's get you guys a table."
Dongwoo's mum instructed the three of you into a small room, and she left to get the food.
"Hey. Did you know why they came back to Korea then?" you sister asked softly which you nodded to.
"You do? Why?", then Dongwoo's mum came back.
"I'll tell you the entire story. I'm sure it's better to hear it from the original story source?", she let out a laugh.
 
The meal was filled with much laughter but also awkward silence in between when all of you didn't know what to talk about.
And soon, it was late.
Your sister caught you yawning away and spoke up, "Should we go? We can always come back another time.", then she was about to stood up.
But you stopped her, "No, it seems like you and Omonim have a lot to talk about. I can go home by myself."
You turned and see your brother with his head on the table, "Yah.", you shook him, "Let's go home."
He lifted his head up with his eyes half closed and nodded, trying to balance himself as he stood up.
"Goodbye omonim, I'll come back soon. Thanks for the food.", your brother bowed before Dongwoo's mum gave him a hug.
"Come back soon okay? I'll give you more food next time.", and the two of you left the restaurant.
"There's actually a favour I would like to ask.", your sister said.
"Anything, my dear. What is it?"
"You see. I've gotten a job in England."
"Omo! That's great! But why don't you seem excited about it?"
"I am, I really am. It's a great opportunity and all. The thing is, I was planning to tell the two of them about moving to England. I'm sure it won't be hard convincing Boris because he's always wanted to go England to fulfill his soccer dream.
But for __________, I know she still hasn't been able to get over mum's death yet. She wouldn't leave knowing that mum's here in this country. It's not like I don't miss her, I do. Everyone does, even Boris but he doesn't show it, that's all. 
But among the three of us, it's obvious that ________ is closest with mum since she was always with her when they found out about her illness.", she started to tear.
Dongwoo's mum placed her arm around your sister,  "She's in a better place now. She wouldn't be happy to see you and your siblings crying, right? 
Besides, you're the oldest among the three of them, you should be strong, isn't it?", she wiped away the tears on your sister's cheeks.
"Now, what favour do you need from me?"
"Since my job to England is such a huge opportunity, I've already decided to move there end of this month, bringing Boris with me. As for _________, I know she's old enough to take care of herself and all but still, I don't think it's a great idea of letting her to stay all alone in the house.
Would it be okay if you could, uhm, be at our house every weekend to like babysit her for me?"
Dongwoo's mum couldn't help but laugh at the word babysit, "You mean, keeping her company?", and your sister nodded.
"Of course, I would love to! I've told her before and I'll tell you now, I've already treated the three of you as a part of my family, so don't worry, okay? I'll take good care of her for you. And of course, our Dongwoo will take good care of her as well."
"Wait, they're back together?", Dongwoo's mum gave a slight nod, ""After all these years?", she nodded again. 
"I mean, I wouldn't let them do anything, if that's what you're concerned about."
"No, I'm not worried.", she gave a relieved smile, "I'm glad she has someone she trusts and can rely on now. At least I can move to England without worries."
Before your sister left the restaurant, she hugged Dongwoo's mum and said, "Come over next weekend, I'll cook and you could take a look at the house. And also, to give you spare keys."
Dongwoo's mum then pressed in some numbers in your sister's phone, "See you next weekend, omonim!"
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Okay, this chapter is just basically about your siblings leaving Korea to England and you'll be left all alone.
But even afer this long, you haven't completely get over your mum's death so your sister thought it would be better if someone is at the house for a few days.
And not you alone all the time.
 
I'm sorry it's kinda boring! :/