Red Delicious

The Beauties and The Beasts; EXO Mafia

word count: 1163

The Lover quietly fixes his hair in his luxurious bathroom. It’s the one thing he demanded when the wolves sought their den; a fancy bathroom with great lighting and a large tub. It’s his sanctuary, a place he can hide in when he feels as if it’s him against the world. Cliché as it is, sometimes he feels too small and weak to deal with reality. Under the harsh light, his face remains a porcelain consistency found rare on even the most beautiful women and yet he, a snarling wolf, contains such a rarity.  He turns his face, side to side, puckering his lips and fluttering his eyes. Tonight, he has a job and yet his heart feels unsteady. He’s done this countless times before but his heart never seems to calm. What if it goes wrong? What if he doesn’t look the way they needed? What if the information is not useful? Will he become useless? A crippled wolf who’s nothing but dead weight? What would happen then? Would he—

“Ya, Luhan!” The knocking echos across the tiles, startling the deer in a wolf costume. Narrowing his eyes, the timid man plays his part as the seductive alpha-male. He stands straighter, waiting for his companion to call again, steading his voice. “Luuuuuuuhaaaannnnn!”

“Yeah?” He lets his voice drag out, a seductive drawl, “Is there a problem?”

A soft chuckle, friendly and yet terrifying, “You done with your make-up, pretty boy?” The Gambler’s voice is a unique sound. It sounds as if he’s constantly bluffing that his cards are all aces or a lonely piano that rings out on a chilly night.

Luhan turns away from his reflection, opening the door with a bored hand even though his heart pumps fast enough to call it a heart attack. “Lay, I don’t leave till later, what do you need?”

Lay’s jaw tightens momentarily before relaxing, “That woman Chen brought home keeps screaming every time he comes near her, he wants me to do it but I’ve got an important game in a few moments.”

The Lover shrugs, “And?”

“Deal with her.”

“You know how to deal cards, deal with her.” And with that, the Lover pushes past Lay and out the door with a soft persistence. He carries nothing on him, nothing he could possibly leave behind for evidence. Nothing that will trace back to him. Instead, he carries a red lipstick. It’s bold colour and cartoonish style is his favourite good luck charm. He uses it at every job, not to wear of course. For something else, to make a statement. To let people know he was there without actually being there.

The night’s chill gets to him easily, causing the deer to shiver. He’s not a wolf, that’s why it scares him that he’s in the middle of the wolf den. It’s a terrifying sight to see the others tear flesh and howl mercilessly at the moon. All the while, the deer shakes in the corner, praying they don’t catch on to his façade. The house he’s going to is a special house, he was there yesterday while the kidnapping went on, to get a feel for the person. They just sat and chatted but tonight, his client called him over for another matter. Trying to calm his beating heart, he stands at the foot of the large gate. It’s tall, iron bars feel as if he stands in orange with cuffs around his wrists.

Deep breath.

“Hello? Who is it?” A shrill voice sounds from the intercom, his client.

Pounding heart.

The drawl, “Hmmm, I think you know who~”

Deep breath.

A pause, “Yes come in. Be silent though and…my daughter is coming home soon…”

Pounding heart.

Playful laughter, “I didn’t know you swung that way, Ms. Angela.”

Deep breath.

A giggle, drunken by the sound of it, makes its way through the intercom, “As if, my Deer. Just be relaxed when she’s around, don’t make it obvious, hm?”

--

Amanda bursts through the door of her large house, she’s never quite gotten used to the large size. Her family is made rich, not born and so they all stare in awe at the extravagance. Her skin pales in the blinding light, her dark hair exaggerating the pale features. Big eyes see the world around her with a hint of curiousity and just a slight sense of caution. Long legs make her uniform skirt look ready for the run way and just a touch of eyeliner accents her bold features. Dark irises have people mesmerized when they catch eye contact with such a person. In a hurry, she moves towards the large living room, bigger by itself than her previous home. Pushing through the large doors, she stretches loudly, "Arrrrghhhhh. God I hate Mondays."

--

Luhan stares silently as the girl makes her way around the room; she hasn't noticed him. He shall stay silent, watching with mild interest. He admires her dark beauty, the contrast between her pale skin and dark hair. Her eyes seem doll-like and oversized on her face and yet her lean, dancer body evens out the cutesy style into a sleek beauty. Moving around, she floats to the table behind the couch Luhan sits on with as little presence as he can manage.

A gleaming apple, a red delcious by the looks of it, sits comfortably in a bowl of fruit. The girl picks up the apple with an exaggerated laziness before tossing it in the air, "And nowwww, the newest korean idol," Her voice echo's around the room, the deer trying not to laugh, "LedApple's newest, mystery member. A girl in the midst of men," Taking a deep bite, the juice squirts out of the apple. Her next words are slurred as she chews on the apple, "Ahrmarndra!"

Snickering, Luhan looks at her, "Aren't you a lady?"

Almost spitting out her apple, Amanda stares at him with eyes full of suprise. Swallowing heavily, she points her words to him in an accusing manner, "Ya! Who the hell are you?" Her thoughts are distracted as she notices his girly beauty. He could be a handsom girl or a pretty boy... "Wha...what are you...how much did you see?"

He stands, his hands in his pocket and his eyes soft as he studies the college student, She looks familiar. "Ahrmarndra, is it?" He mocks her apple-filled accent. Oh that's right.

"Ya...don't tell anyone...about...that..." Amanda begins to get a little flustered, such a pretty person in her home.

"Do you...want to go out for coffee? I'm new to the neighbourhood, your mother invited me in."

She's that girl's friend. The one in the picture.

"Uh..." She looks at Luhan with suspicion, "I don't...know."

"Please? At least point me to a good cafe." Useful.

"S-sure..." Amanda watches as the beautiful being makes his way to the table she stands at, picking up another red delicious. He studies the apple before taking a delicate bite of it.

"Mmm, delcious."