Prologue

The Beauties and The Beasts; EXO Mafia

The Gambler

     His slender fingers quickly flick a card from out of his hidden compartment, a trick that only happens with practice and natural talent. pink lips, he quietly celebrates his victory hand. He’s careful about his hands, sometimes taking purposeful bad cards and never doing more than two miracle plays. With a slight bluff, he makes his mouth twitch downwards as if he’s received a lesser hand and fights a smile when one of the others notices his ‘break’ in his poker face. Two of the men fold unconditionally, walking away with a few bucks. The other two stare the pianist down in anticipation. As soon as he passes, the other two give each other a look before folding themselves. Shrugging, he picks up the chips before standing and tipping his hat to the angry looking men at the table.
     Walking out, he makes himself scarce in the dark alley, burning his cheating cards. Burn the evidence, he tells himself each time. As he turns a corner, a familiar face greets him. The soft features glow in the ghetto lights. “Welcome back, Lay.” The voice is soft, persuading—the voice of the Dealer.

The Dealer

     After dropping off, the baby-faced man walks down the dark street with his hands in his pockets; confident. He doesn’t fear danger, he doesn’t fear others or death. His natural strength gives him all the confidence he needs to walk around with only brass knuckles. It is his prized possession, never really having to use it—he’s too convincing. The innocent smile continues to dance on his face as he enter the large, delicate glass building. A large company had requested his service and, in a crisp new suit, he walks in. His eyes are lined with a light eyeliner, giving his eyes the illusion of being big and naive. Loosening his blend-into-the-background tie, he quietly swoops into the back staircase where two bodyguards step aside to let him through. He tosses the smile in their faces, showing them his ‘kind’ heart. Like the Gambler, the Dealer is just as careful with his own protection and so he called the Killer to be his front man.
     "Xiumin." The voice is low and rumbles from out of the darker shadows of the staircase. He steps out, a black scarf that wraps around the lower half of his face while jet black hair frames the top half. His entire figure is lean, the body of a Killer.

The Killer

     He follows the Dealer up the stairs, his steps making close to no noise as he watches his surroundings through distrusting eyes. Black is his colour, it covers him from head to toe, covering his slim body till nothing but his eyes are showing. No need to cover his eyes like others, his reputation has become so deadly that he’s been nicknamed the Black Panther. A lean body shape with cat-like reflexes has the young assassin living up to the nickname bestowed upon him. Of course, he carries multiple hidden blades all over his body, including his shoes and behind the long scarf that almost trails to the floor in a  black mist illusion.
     Through a couple of doors later, the Dealer leads the Killer to the leaders of the company. A smooth deal passes by, the assassin had nothing to do during the whole time, how boring. He starts to get antsy and so decides to do a midnight run. The Panther should’ve know he would see the Lover on a clear night like this. His light voice carried through the darkness, “Tao. Need some company?”

The Lover

     He’s not cheap, refusing to do anything for less than expensive. What he gives is worth more than the others on the street. The Lover may explore the dim lit sidewalks but never does he answer to the calls of others as he walks by in a stylish leather jacket. Tao blew him off quickly, that’s alright, everyone is busy tonight. It’s the full moon, the night his wolf pack roams the streets for chaos. his plush lips, he walks confidently through the night. Everyone knows him and yet no one notices his face, just the name. The name is his reputation and blackmail is his protection. Learn a little bit of secrets while they beg for mercy. It always makes the doe-eyed man laugh. People pay him to tell him their inner most secrets. Pour a little wine, you get to hear of an embarrassing moment. Pour another glass and you hear of a person they loathe. A few more later and passwords begin tumbling out of the customers mouth uncontrollably as the Lover would lean seductively lean over them.
     Like everyone else, the soft faced deer has a secret to with hold. A secret in which every customer he’s ever served knows  and which every customer who hasn’t had him, doesn’t know. His next customer is someone the Abductor had recently set his eyes on; someone who refuses to pay back the Dealer. Fortunately, the same man had a cheating wife with a taste for young men and is very willing to pay the Lover’s high prices. “Luhan~” He turns to find the friendly, cat-like smile of the Abductor.

The Abductor

      A face that never stops smiling invites everyone to come talk to the Abductor. His face says ‘boy next door’  with a strong, yet softened jaw line and eyes that slightly curve upwards as if he’s laughing. His style is semi-formal with an opened business suit and no tie. He was going to go ‘check’ on the man who’s scamming his dear, dear friend but alas, the Lover got to him first. The Abductor doesn’t mind though, it means he has time to go to his next mission the Leader gave him. He’ll start it in the morning, when too many people mill around for someone to notice someone is missing. First, he must get the supplies. Of course, his hands will need to get a little dirty but it’s not like they aren’t already stained from past work. He whistles quietly, walking up behind the large building giving him a slight ping of nostalgia. The Abductor waits calmly for the right opportunity and he grabs it—literally grabs the shoulder of two boy students.
     With a friendly smile, he forcefully pulls the two college students onto either side of him. “We have to talk.” He tells them, letting them feel the press of the gun on his hip. The two students comply with fearful expressions and let themselves be led into a nearby alley. “How are you two? School tough? Got any girl friends?” The boys shake their heads quickly, backing up into each other. The Abductor has to control himself from laughing, he’s only a couple years older than these fools. “I need some information on a certain…young female student. Probably second year. Goes by the lovely name, Rose. Daughter of an established businessman. Did I mention her mother is having an affair right about,” For good measure, he looks at his watch before looking casually back at the boys. The hands in his pockets gives him a laid-back kind of look. “now.”
     "Chen, stop playing with your food." A low rumble comes up from behind him, the voice of the Leader.

The Leader

     While his expression is calm, his eyes spark of that of a Scorpio's inner rage. How simply easy it is for him to strike fear into the hearts of others with a simple look. The two students tremble in fear at the coldly beautiful man. He looks them up and down with bored attitude before turning away. "Uniforms, off." One of the boys begin to complain but Chen is already waving the gun around with an eccentric ease. The Cold King stands off to the side, not wanting to get his hands dirty. Unlike the Abductor, his hands are pure and without stains; he lets others deal with the hard part. Supervising is his speciality while his demanding presence just pushed the Leader to the top of their pack. The underground world knows not his face, only his name. People look around before uttering the one syllable that leads a ruthless pack of wolves throughout the darkened streets. Knowing better, people will stay indoors on the night of the full moon when the beasts are most active.
     Grabbing the uniforms was a success, easy play for the Wolves. Entering the condo apartment, both the Leader and the Abductor wave hello to their neighbours, no one, of course, knowing the waved to the up and coming Mafia Gang. The apartment building is expensive but with a cozy feeling, very quaint. It is right downtown where the police are the most situated but, like the Leader said, better to hide in the open. The walk in and are not surprised to see the rest of the pack gathered around a table, counting the money they had earned for the day.
The Gambler stood up, a quiet smirk playing on his lips as he acknowledges the Abductor, “Welcome back, Chen.” Nodding to the leader as he sits, Lay shows him his stack of money, “Welcome back, Kris.”