Choi Jiyoon

The Roommate

“Let’s take some pics at the photo booth!” Jiyoon merrily asked Changjo as she saw the booth from afar when they were having another day out on the next day.

Changjo stared at her in disbelief. “Those photos we’ve taken from your camera today aren’t enough, huh?” he asked back.

She grinned. “I’d never get enough of our photos!” she giggled. “Please?” she whimpered, poking his side. “We haven’t got any photos from the photo booth though. We should get one!”

“Like I could say no to you,” he replied, acknowledging his lose. Then his reply brought a bigger excitement to the girl. She dragged him by the hand as she skipped happily towards the booth.

It wasn’t really one like she had said before. She really meant it when she said she’d never get enough of their pics. Later they came out from the booth with lots of sheets of their pics in her hands which she got from completely sabotaging the booth for almost half an hour since there’s nobody queuing outside. And they finally went out just because Changjo had been complaining for being hungry in the last 10 minutes they’d spent there.

“Okay, okay. Let’s get a meal now,” she laughed at Changjo’s latest whine before giving him a light kiss on his cheek. “At least look what we’ve got here!” she shoved the photos to him.

Changjo smiled as he took the photos and had a look at them. “We really look good together, don’t we?” he couldn’t help to get a slight disgust from his own words. “I know that’s kinda gross, but I mean, just look at us here,” he chuckled.

“After all the downs we had, yes,” she replied, laughing along. “I love you, Changjo-ya.”

Changjo smirked as he locked her in his hug. “You just have no idea how much I love you.” He kissed the top of her head. “Where are we going now?” he asked while still keeping her in his hug.

“Do you wanna go for ramen?” she glanced to see him, expecting his answer.

Changjo laughed hard at her demand, “Ramen? Really? What’s got into you today? I thought you hated it all your life,” he mocked. “You’re missing it now, huh?” he couldn’t stop his exploding laugh.

“It just randomly crossed through my mind. So, are we going or not?” she asked again.

“Since I’m hungry so it would be a yes. Moreover I couldn’t say no to you and else you could turn scary when your cravings didn’t get fulfilled,” replied him.

Jiyoon pinched his side. “I wasn’t threatening you at all!” she argued.

“Haish! Just shut up and let’s get us some ramen!” he smothered and dragged her towards the ramen shop at the end of the street.

The shop was quite packed since they came right at dinner time, forcing them to just get a quick meal there before going back to the hotel to finish their date that day. They went out after finishing their meals right away since people were waiting to be seated.

“I’m so full!” she exclaimed as they went out the shop. “Let’s stop at that convenience store and take a seat first, please. I don’t think I could walk all the way to the hotel right now.” She hugged Changjo’s arm and leaned onto him.

“Full, you said?” Changjo scoffed. “I was the one eating half of your serving!” he complained.

“But that’s just really one hell of a serving. It’s just too much,” she replied. “Come on, I can’t stand walking anymore.” She tried to drag him with all her might, not caring about her limp body was actually had no use against Changjo’s strong build.

Changjo stood still at his place, watching the girl hopelessly pulling him forward. “Just get on my back,” he said.

“What?” she asked back rather rhetorically. “You’re giving me another ride?”

Changjo just simply nodded. “So we could get back to the hotel right away.”

“And you’re giving me a ride on your back to the hotel?!” her eyes completely widened that time. “You don’t mean that, Changjo-ya. That’s way too far!” she argued. “Okay then. I’d just walk on my own, but let me cling on your arm.”

“Ya, this is nothing than that distance I brought you back then from the festival,” he laughed.

Jiyoon rolled her eyes. “The distance might be nothing to you, but don’t you remember how much I ate just now?”

“Challenge accepted,” he said.

Jiyoon was still processing his words in her mind when Changjo already slung her on his shoulder. “Changjo-ya! Damn it! I just finished eating! Do you really want me to throw up on you?!” she squealed from behind his back. Changjo was just laughing at her panic. “Ya! I’m wearing a dress right now!” she was struggling to slide her body off of his shoulder.

“That’s for protesting too much,” he winningly laughed as he put her down. “So, just get on my back,” he told the pouting girl.

“Fine,” she muttered before hopping onto his back. “Now I’m the one telling you not to protest on the weight I just gained.”

“Don’t worry, I take it as an exercise,” he mindlessly replied. “Nonetheless, it’s the weight of your love for me.”

His relapse undoubtedly made him earned a slap on his head from Jiyoon. “Shut up, handsome.”

******

“Hiroshi!” Jiyoon hopped off of Changjo’s back as they arrived at the lobby.

Hiroshi just walked out of the elevator with his trolley, finished helping his guests. He turned his head at the mention of his name before brightly waving at the couple while approaching them. “Just back from a date, young couple?” he chuckled.

“Kind of,” Jiyoon answered shyly, twining her arm with Changjo’s. “Busy night, huh?”

Hiroshi wiped the sweat on his forehead. “Yeah, I haven’t rested in the last hour. Guests keep coming and coming.”

“You’ve rested during the day,” Changjo scoffed. “It’s your time to work and you shouldn’t complain on it.” He was in the mood to tease the younger boy.

“I wasn’t complaining, Hyung!” he argued as he lightly smacked Changjo’s arm.

Jiyoon laughed at what she saw in front of her, “I couldn’t prevent myself from laughing at your weird pronunciation.” She joined Changjo on teasing him.

“Hiroshi!” the receptionist called him from afar. There’s a guest who just finished checking in and needed help with his belongings.

Hiroshi rolled his eyes after giving an okay sign to the receptionist. “It’s time to work. See you two around later!” he bowed and skipped towards the receptionist.

“He’s really cute,” said Jiyoon as they watched him went away.

“I’m cuter.” Changjo corrected while locking her in his hug and dragged her towards the elevator. “You shouldn’t be looking at other guys.”

Jiyoon hugged him back tighter. “I never! Why should I do that when I already have you?” she protested.

Their talk was being cut off since they had stepped into the elevator. The empty elevator was filled with a group of people whom went in after them, causing them to be squeezed into the corner. Changjo and Jiyoon were still hugging tightly. Changjo lifted her chin up to face him. He flashed a smile before kissing her on the lips in silence. Jiyoon herself couldn’t help to smile back at him as she kissed him back. They were in their own world despite the packed up surroundings.

The elevator later dinged and nobody got off. Those people who were inside the elevator with them turned to the two lovers right away. Jiyoon felt a sudden awkwardness hanging around them when there seemed no commotion from anybody going out from the elevator after the door had opened. She broke the kiss to finally notice that all of the people were looking towards them. She hastily glanced at the floor sign which actually their place to get off. Meanwhile Changjo had been holding his awkward grin back by pressing his lips together. He rubbed his nape, trying to act casual from the embarrassing moment.

“I’m sorry.” Jiyoon slightly bowed before pulling Changjo out from the elevator. She laughed hard right away after the elevator door closed. “That’s really embarrassing!” she half squealed. Her face turned red from the laugh.

Changjo chuckled, “What else could they expect from young lovers?”

“Well, you’re right though,” she replied as she searched for their key card in her purse. “At least that would just seem normal to them.”

They sighed in relief when they walked into their room. It just felt good to see the comfy bed after a long day out. Changjo threw himself on the bed right away, lying on his stomach.

“Ya! Go take a shower first before you end up oversleeping in that state!” Jiyoon nagged.

“I’m tired.” His voice was smothered by the pillow. “At least let me rest my back for a while. It sprained.”

“I’ve told you I’m heavy. You’re the one insisting to hold me all the way,” she quipped back.

“It’s okay back then. I think I’ve been aging in the last few weeks with you,” he muttered. “Ya!” he scolded her whom just innocently landed herself lying on his back. “Ya! It hurt!”

Jiyoon winningly laughed as she rolled to her side, getting off of his back. “I miss you nagging,” she giggled. “Ya! Don’t!” she shouted at Changjo who was getting his revenge by crawling on her to tickle her sides. “Changjo-ya!!” she turned hysterical when he snuggled onto the crook of her neck.

Changjo smiled widely as he looked at her who was panting from his attack. “I love you.” He gave her smooches from her forehead down to her lips.

“I love you too.” She kissed him on the cheek before pushing him aside so she could get up from the bed.

“Haish!” Changjo ruffled his hair. “Where are you going?” he questioned.

Jiyoon stopped to glance at him. “I know you’re afraid to lose me, but please I’m just taking a shower for 5 damn minutes.”

“Can I come?” he jolted up to a sitting position, hopefully staring at her, anticipating for her answer with a bright face.

A wide smile grew on her face, giving him hopes. Then it vanished three seconds later and her bright eyes turned to glare at him. “You wish,” she scoffed before walking leisurely to the bathroom, leaving the tricked guy cursing on his own.

******

They were watching the TV from their bed later that night. Jiyoon had been his hair all along as she watched the TV since Changjo was resting his head on her lap. Then a question suddenly popped in her mind.

“Have you decided when to go home?” she asked, still playing her fingers on his hair.

Changjo turned to look up to her when he heard her question. He simply shook his head. “I don’t really want to think about it either,” he said.

“If I go home sooner or later, then you’ll just stay here?” she frowned. “It would be weird going through days without you.” She continued since he didn’t give any respond.

Changjo sighed as he stared deeply at her. “It would be hard for me as well.”

Jiyoon sensed Changjo seemed like hiding something from her. She stayed quiet for a moment, waiting for the right moment to speak out her worries.

“Changjo-ya,” she carefully started off again, catching his attention first. “May I know what’s wrong?” she asked hesitantly.

Changjo gulped. He knew that question would come out from . He felt like delaying his answer by questioning back about what she meant, but it would turn out to be rhetoric since he already knew what it’s all about through her hesitating gestures.

He took a deep breath before started talking. “I… I don’t go along well with my family lately. I haven’t been home for the past few months. I’ve been tired being all emotional at home. All I felt was always been anger every time,” told him. “I stayed at Teen Top hyungs’ places, moving from one to another every week. I thought I’d been bothering some of their parents quite often by staying at their places then I decided to make a runaway here.”

 “Those hyungs decided to come along, having a kind of holiday while accompanying me. Now I don’t have any idea when I will finish this thing,” he trailed off.

Jiyoon his cheek slowly. She was back on staying quiet as she watched his stressful face. “I know I may not understand your problem as well as you and Teen Top do, but I just want to say that what you’ve been doing won’t solve anything, forever,” she told him later.

Changjo let out a heavy sigh. “I know.” He showed a faint smile to her. “I’ve actually been thinking about starting my own new life without them since going back home isn’t going to solve the problem either.” And going home means 90% chance of me losing you.

Jiyoon was a bit surprised by his words. “Here?” she furrowed her eyebrows.

“Most likely, yes. I have Hiroshi here. At least I have a friend whom I can always ask for help anytime,” replied him.

Jiyoon had nothing in respond. She then watched him drowned into his deep thoughts. Well, actually she was drowned into her thoughts too, thinking that it must be hard for them if Changjo really decided to stay in Japan permanently.

“Don’t mind it too much,” Changjo told her when he noticed her worried expression. “It’s just a thought of me. I have to think about it for a while so it’s not final yet.” He smiled at her which clear enough that it was faked in the making just to calm her down.

“I…” Jiyoon avoided his gaze. “It would be hard.” She had so many things in her mind that were all tangled. She would splutter them all at once if she could, but those words were the ones which only came out from , not caring whether it made sense or not.

Changjo sat up to hug her. Jiyoon just buried her face onto his shoulder as she hugged him back. “I don’t want you to mind this too much, Jiyoon-ah. I promise I’ll try to find the best way for us. It’s not like we’re meeting our end just by this thing. It’s not an end,” he whispered. “I promise.”

Jiyoon pulled herself away to look at him. She stared at him right into his eyes, but somehow it’s rather blank. Her lips was trembling as she was about to say something in stutter, but in the end nothing came out from . She frustratingly canceled her will to speak since she knew that she would just mess up her words. She crashed her lips on his, expressing all the things in her mind through her kiss.

Changjo held her nape as he kissed her back gently. He smiled, sincerely that time, after their kiss was parted. “It’s late already. You should sleep,” he said.

Jiyoon nodded slowly. She tucked herself into the bed with Changjo following. He turned off the TV and the lamps before scooting himself closer to her. Jiyoon shifted to rest her head on his arm and wrapped hers around him. “Good night, Changjo.” She rose up a bit to kiss his cheek.

Changjo secured her with his arm she used as a pillow and kissed the top of her head. “Good night, Choi Jiyoon.”

 


A/N:

Anyone miss me? Hahaha I know you're not -_-"

I wrote this in one go and I can't think clearly since I was too immersed into the story. By the way, I was quite sad that the previous chap didn't get as many comments as usual. I've been wondering is something wrong with that chap? D: or actually you've been expecting Chanhee to come back already?