Secrets

Eternal Rivals

»Ghost - A horrible HunHan drabble by xingrens«

Third Person (at Mr. Cho's Beach House)

Sehun rushed into the shower, getting off all the sand and gross seawater as fast as he could. He sniffed himself as he dried his hair, eww i smell the salt still. He walked out and found Luhan sitting on the floor apparently waiting patiently.

"Done?" He asked with a smile.

"Yeah." Sehun replied.

"Sehun ah, are you mad?" Luhan asked looking Sehun straight in the eye.

"Well..." Sehun started, clearly thinking about his answer. Sehun himself didn't know if he was mad or not, Luhan was just trying to help him in his own way. It wasn't exactly the sort of prank Chanyeol would pull on Sehun, Luhan was trying to make him open up to the water. Unless Luhan was being a trickster. It depended on the answer to Sehun's question. Whether it was serious or a laughing answer.

"First of all why did you trick me?" Sehun asked.

"Because." Luhan began, slowly and seriously. "I wanted to show you what you were missing! Suho told me about what happened when you were eight."

"Hold on. He what." Sehun asked, Suho did not tell Luhan what happened when he was eight.

FLASHBACK (Sehun: Age 8 at the Clan K Battle School) Sehun's POV

"Get in Oh!" Yelled Commander So.

I stood on the edge of sandy bay. Today during training we took a visit to the beach near the Battle School. I watched the others get in happily, so excited to come to the beach. I don't see what was so fun about going to the beach, the water i dangerously cold (not really) and the sand felt weird between my feet. I didn't like not wearing a shirt and feeling so bare. Especially since my assigned future group seemed well, all gay. Everyone was laughing and having fun in the water, Commander So was waiting for me before he started the training.

"Come on get in Oh." Commander So yelled again. This time I saw him bring out the whip.

"Dang it!" I cursed as I quickly stepped into the cold abyss.

"Finally." Commander So said as he whipped out a bullhorn.

I shivered, the water was cold and felt weird.

"Alright, swim two times around the pier. GO!" Was all Commander So yelled.

I saw the others coming for me, because I was in the direction of the pier. Several people knocked me down, I was dragged beneath the waves. When I surfaced for a breath a wave hit me, sending me tumbling under again. I gasped as surfaced again. I saw another wave heading towards me as I tried to swim away. Tried. That's when I realized and remembered I didn't know how to swim. Another wave crashed into me, I was under for two minutes? Two months? Two years? I didn't know which one. I struggled to breathe as I raised my head again. I looked around me, I didn't know where I was. The shore was much too far away, which was good so Commander So wouldn't whip me or redicule me in front of the others. Before I knew it another wave hit me, and I was sent under. I suddenly out.

"Hey you okay?"

I looked up, Suho, the ten year old and the one assigned to be the leader of the assigned future group was dragging me back to shore.

"W-where am I?" I gasped.

"Well I found you in the oppposite direction of the pier, face down, not even moving." Suho explained as he steadied his grip on my waist as he kept swimming us both back to shore.

"What about the two times around the pier?" I asked.

"Done, about ten minutes ago." Suho answered.

Ten minutes? What have I been doing? I was out for ten minutes?

"Oh. Were you sent to get me since I'm part of your group?" I looked at him as he kept swimming us both back to shore, his gaze turned sour.

"No." Suho said as we were sent foreward by a wave. "I wasn't sent here to get you. Commander So figured you had drowned, and he said not to bother to go find you, because you were a lost cause. He said that someone who couldn't even handle baby waves should not be part of the future of Clan K."

I cringed, so what if I wasn't the best archer? So what if using the wrist spear wasn't my thing? So what if I couldn't wield katanas correctly? So what if I was skinnier than everyone else here except for maybe D.O? So what if all I knew how to do was use a whip? A weapon that was only classified for Commanders. I suddenly recalled the time when Commander So yelled at me for using his whip, even though it was very skillfully and maybe reached his skills. He said that I would never become a Commander, saying that I would never be able to wield the pride and skill of a whip. I remembered retorting that Commanders were not the only ones who could use whips, him snorting that only one's with a future in the Clan was allowed to use whips and I was not one of them.

"B-but." I stammered.

"Look I'm really sorry but it's the truth." Suho apologized as we reached the sand.

"I believe you." I said softly.

"Really?" Suho asked, a bit taken back.

"Yeah, but I want to know why you saved me."

"Why?"

"Yes."

"Because." Suho began as he draped a towel over my shoulders. "Everyone is special in their own way, nobody is a lost cause. Commander So is a jerkface. I can see ability in you Sehun. You just need to be patient, and you will be able to become the best."

Third Person (back to present day)

"Yes he did." Luhan answered.

"Ugh that pabo." Sehun cursed.

"Can you tell me the rest of the story?" Luhan pressed softly, staring Sehun in the eye.

"What?" Sehun asked.

"Tell me what happened after, like in the course of the years." Luhan stood up and looked Sehun straight in the eyes, causing Sehun to feel a little invaded of space.

"Why not. You already know the basics." Sehun sighed as he sat on his bed, quickly joined by Luhan.

"Well, after that, Commander So still hated me. He was still the cold hearted commander. But after that I strived to be the absolute best. I stopped being such a wimp and eventually got better. Commander So began to acknowledge me and he no longer tried to torment me. He even said that maybe carrying the whip was my weapon after all. Suho even taught me how to swim. I began to abide all of the Clan laws and made myself into what the Clan expected of its members; a skilled fighter and cold hearted person. The others weren't like that, they seemed well more normal than me. I was the only one serious about being in the Clan. Being in the Clan is a privilege and not something to hack around with." Sehun explained. Before he knew it, he had spilled all the events of his past to Luhan. Something he had tried to erase for his whole life. He had told Luhan of his changes and fears; getting kicked out of the Clan.

"So you never went into the ocean again." Luhan finalized, looking rather sad.

"Exactly." Sehun answered.

"I'm really sorry." Luhan apologized.

"I don't see why, none of it is your fault." Sehun shrugged.

"I'm the one who tried to make you go into the ocean even knowing your traumatizing past." Luhan said quietly.

"I'm fine you know, the ocean is nothing to me, I just hate everything about a beach that's all. The annoying people and the water. I'm not like emotionally scarred." Sehun assured.

"Yeah." Luhan answered, feeling guilty to the core.

"Was your life in the Clan just rainbows and lollipops?" Sehun asked.

Luhan's eyes went dark. His whole expression changed into a bitter and sour expression that Sehun had never seen on the boy even when he was mad at Sehun weeks before.

"It was nothing like that." Luhan said, his voice a bit angry.

"I'm sorry for touching such a sensitive topic." Sehun apologized.

"No it's okay." Luhan said as he got up from the bed. "I didn't expect someone like you to understand my pain." And with that, Luhan shut the door to the bathroom.

The last words struck Sehun like a bolt of lightning. His pain.This made Sehun feel very bad. It wasn't the kid of bad Sehun felt when he accidently ate rat poison at the Battle School when Chanyeol had tricked him into eating it. It was a pain that sparked in his upper right part of his chest. Somewhere in his heart, it was feeling bad. It was almost crying.

Sehun heard the water turn on and realized than Luhan was going to be in there for a while. He decided to give the hyung some space and left the room.

Third Person (Luhan in the Shower) ** AND DON'T THINK ANYTHING WRONG NOW OKAY**

He just doesn't get it does he? It's me. He think's that I'm some weak helpless child that was probably pitied. He probably thinks I was some super popular kid who was given lollipops for my efforts. Luhan thought angrily as he pounded his fist into the wall of the shower.

He stood in the shower breathing heavily, the water slowly calming him down.

The nicknames all began to flood back into Luhan's memory.

"Fairy!"

"Little princess!"

"Short cutie!"

"Commander's pet!"

"Weird deerboy!"

With every nickname he remembered he pounded the wall again in anger. Every nickname that he wanted to forget forever was rushing back like a heatwave.

"Luhan calm yourself." He said to himself as he held back another punch to the wall. "This is a very expensive house."

Luhan leaned against the wall and sighed, he started to think about things that would calm him down.

Look at you know, look at the life you have. Those losers were stationed to be just members forever. I happen to be one of the most successful in the Clan. I have Kris, Xiumin, Chen, Lay, Tao. I am even great friends with Clan K members. What Clan M member has ever even touched a Clan K member without killing him? I have Suho, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, D.O, Kai, and Sehun. Sehun. The one that makes me want to tear my hair out everytime I look at him. I don't know why.

Luhan switched the water off and got out. Sehun was never going to understand him. And he was never going to understand Luhan. The feelings Luhan strangely felt when he saw Sehun, were going to need to be estinguished. Like a fireman putting out the flames. Luhan would put out the flames in him. If Sehun couldn't understand him, he would remain neutral.

Because this was Sehun, it looks like his feelings would remain neutral forever.


Omg the secrets are spilled! Hence the title "Secrets" Omo Sehun you idiot.

Luhan's past is something that nobody wants, it's worse than Sehun's and he was neglected and was left to die at sea.

Sehun is going to have to realize before it's too late. Sehun is going to have to understand Luhan.

Anyways!

Comment and Subscribe!

Saranghae~