The Beach

Eternal Rivals

20-beach-sea-photography.jpg

Third Person

Sehun didn't know how. He didn't even know why. But he was suddenly standing on the beach with a backpack slung over his shoulders while the others (Clan M and K) were standing next to him, looking rather giddy. It was one of Mr. Cho's fabulous ideas of bonding for the clans. While they had a week off from school Mr. Cho arranged them to go spend some time together in some beach house that he owned by the beach. It wasn't optional either, a whole five days at the beach. Sehun would've stayed in the dorm where he would be safe from the salty gross sea, sand, and people. Sehun hated being around too many people at once, they were disruptive, and quite annoying. This of course excluded the clan members. They were an exception. They were his family. The loud hullaballo of regular people was too much at once for the maknae.

Sehun looked over to his right, there stood the most giddy person there. His new friend, Luhan. Luhan was fidgeting with excitement. The others were catching the excitement like the plague. This plague was far more superior than even the Black Death. It was hitting one of the strongest members of the group, the most "cold" as you describe him. It infected Kris. Kris was clencing his hands till they were white to contain his excitement.

Does everyone seriously want to go to the beach that badly? Sehun thought, a bit agitated. He looked back over at Luhan, who was staring at the ocean he then narrowed his gaze at the ocean too.
Luhan saw the beautiful waves crashing into the sand, slowly retracting and ready to crash again. He saw the crystal water just calling him. The water called him like a siren. He just had to get in the water.
Sehun saw the killer waves, ready to knock unsuspecting children off their feet and under the waves. He saw the water just waiting to drown innocent victims into the abyss of the ocean. He had to get away from the water.

"Everyone lets go to the beach house!" Suho declared.

Everyone made their way to the beach house, and gaped at it.

"Is Mr. Cho some kind of secret millionare?" Kris gaped, he was suprised.

"Psh no way." Lay laughed, "why would he be a teacher?"

It was beautiful. The house was maybe two stories. The outside was painted a beautiful ocean blue and had those beautiful stain glass windows like the ones in churches. The door to the house was made of fine bamboo. There was a beautiful lawn in the front that had flowers of all sorts reaching themselves to the sun. It was flabergasting.

"Did he steal this house or something?" Chanyeol asked.

"How can we accuse him of theft? He gave us this place." D.O scolded but he then looked back at the house. "It seems like something out of a child's fantasy."

"Like the ones my mother used to read me." Baekhyun agreed looking at the house in wonder.

"This looks like a church." Sehun stated, "hyung are you absolutely sure that we have the right place? I mean seriously Mr. Cho can't possibly afford this and his own home back at the university."

"Maybe it's his parents and he's letting us borrow it." Luhan shurgged.

"How about we just go in." Chen suggested.

"Right." Suho fumbled with the keys and stuck it into the beautiful doornob. Even the doornob was beautiful, how was that even possible? He opened the door and inside was the complete opposite of the outside. It was mesmerizing. The house was litterally out of a fantasy. D.O almost cried at the sight of the kitchen. It was spotless, had the high end equipment and was stocked to the brim with anything imaginable. There were leather couches and a giant plasma T.V. Upstairs were six rooms with a whiteboard hanging from each door, possibly stating the room assignments. There were bathrooms in every room. But the most suprising part (although they were already suprised, it added to the suprise), was the grand piano in the living room. It was well, breath taking, it was see through and you could see which mechanism was being used while you played.

"Okay Mr. Cho is either crazy about his pianos or seriously rich." Chen exclaimed playing the piano. It emitted a beautiful, lusterous sound that made you want to kiss the player. Of course nobody was really willingly to kiss Chen, maybe Xiumin, but that was it.

"Yeah this pianos is one of the most expensive pianos in Korea where exactly did he get this thing?" Kris agreed, the piano with a delicate touch.

"Does he not have security for this place? He could get mugged any minute." Baekhyun leaned his ear against the piano and listened happily, enjoying the wonderful notes.

"Actually I do."

Everyone turned around and saw Mr. Cho.

"Mr. Cho!" Chanyeol exclaimed, almost crashing into Baekhyun.

"Hi everybody I was about to leave." Mr. Cho said, his hair was wet (probably recently showered) and he had a suitcase.

"Why?" Kai asked.

"Because I have a very important meeting to attend to." He answered simply, "by the way, I have cameras all along the house and the security activates once you turn it on, or it will by itself when you leave."

"How did you get this house?" Chanyeol blurted.

Everyone expected Mr. Cho to lecture Chanyeol on the importance of self restrain or snap at him for thinking Mr. Cho was poor. But Mr. Cho just laughed.

"Haha, did you think I was only just a teacher? But don't ask further, I won't tell you until you guess it right when the time comes." Mr. Cho said stepping out of the house. "Have fun boys and don't break my piano or anything else unless you want to lose all your money."

Chen immediately stood up from the piano and left the stool, everyone backed away from the piano.

"Bye boys." He said closing the door, "also take the "Windstar" trail to the beach, I have a private part of the beach there."

"So should we hit the beach?" Luhan suggested, his excitement taking over him again.

"Do we have to?" Sehun complained, "we could do so many more things than go to the beach."

"Come on Sehun don't be such a party pooper!" Suho laughed, "we have to go to that beach."

"A private beach? When do we get one of those?" Tao agreed.

"Lets go dump our things and go." Kris announced.

Sehun shuffled and checked the whiteboards on the doors.

Kris & Tao

Suho & Lay

Kai & D.O

Chen & Xiumin

Baekhyun & Chanyeol

Sehun & Luhan

Why had everyone else gotten at least someone they didn't sit next to in class? Sehun had to share a desj with his new friend and now a room? Luhan was his friend and all, but there was only so much happiness he could take in at once.

"Looks like we're roommates." Luhan smiled as he walked into the room.

It was a nice and spacious room with a bathroom, two beds, and two drawers. A standard room. But it was still wonderful, the walls were painted a sea green and the carpet was nice and fluffly. Standard or not, it must've cost a fortune to supply each room with such luxury, not to mention the other parts of the house as well. Sehun grabbed some nessessities and shoved them into a smaller backpack. The usual whenever the other clan members went to the beach, sunblock, sunglasses, phone, water, and his trusty cap. Sehun exchanged his shirt for a tank top and he was ready to go.

"Lets go." Luhan said as he left the room, bouncing with excitement. Sehun laughed and grabbed the foldable chair he had brought.

"We're all ready?" Suho asked but didn't wait for an answer, he just opened the door and left. Everyone soon filed after him before Kris stopped and the security system.

"So where is this Windstar trail?" Suho looked around until he spotted a trail marked as Windstar.

Everyone followed behind him and they were lead into a beautiful beach, more beautiful than the house to Luhan.

To Sehun it was just a plain body of water that contained fish urine.

"It looks so nice!" Luhan dropped down his bags and took his tank top off and had nothing on but his boardshorts.

"Whoa you are way to excited to get into the water." Sehun said propping up his chair.

"And you're not?" Luhan objected, staring at Sehun like he was a mad man. Luhan was completely oblivious of the maknae's attitude previously.

"I don't do beaches." Sehun plainly said, flopping gracefully into the opened chair.

"We'll see about that." Luhan smiled before running off.

"Was that a threat?!" Sehun yelled after him, watching as the boy didn't hear his words as he plunged into the water.

"Be careful." Kris warned. "I used to hate beaches too but that bundle of joy." He said gesturing over at Luhan sourly, "made me a whole different person."

"What do you mean by that?" Sehun asked.

"You'll see." Kris sighed as he walked over to the lapping waves where everyone was in (other than Sehun).

Sehun sat confused for a while but decided to shake the warning from Kris. What could little Luhan, sweet faced, honey locks, sweets loving (or so Sehun assumed from what Luhan usually ate at lunch), lithe body, do? Sehun just his iTouch and played some soothing music. It calmed him. Music was his getaway. Screw the ocean, the wonderous sounds of music filled his empty void of happiness. Sehun leaned back with his headphones in as he watched the others play. Luhan suddenly tripping into the water, made Sehun's heart flare a bit. Was the hyung okay? But he was quickly reassured when Luhan quickly resurfaced, laughing. Suddenly, Sehun saw Luhan calling everyone into a circle. They stood in one of those circles that flag football teams would stupidly stand in when they were strategizing.

Now what could they be up to?

The Kids in the Ocean POV (Thus excluding Sehun)

"Okay I have an idea to get Sehun in the water." Luhan said smiling.

"So the time has come already." Kris whispered, looking at the distance for some apparent reason.

"Hmm?" Suho asked, he and the other Clan K members were clearly confused.

"I used to hate the water." Kris admitted, "but this kid." He said jabbing a finger at Luhan who was laughing. "Changed that for me."

"You mean hyung!" Luhan corrected. "Or gege, gege would be very acceptable considering that we're both Chinese."

"Anyways." Kai broke in, "Luhan what did you do to Kris that made him like the ocean?"

"Simple, lured him in because "I saw a shark but got my foot stuck" it was a simple plan but worked effectively." Luhan giggled while Kris rolled his eyes as Luhan continued. "Kris was made at first but he quickly realized what he was missing out."

"I also realized that if I kept refusing to go into the ocean he would come up with other ways to get me in." Kris added eyeing the boy suspiciously.

"So how are we going to get Sehun in?" Baekhyun asked.

"Last time I had called for help when everyone was out of the water." Luhan explained, "but this time we can't do that there's too many of us."

"Judging from how he's looking at us, he's onto our little plan." D.O added casting a glance over at Sehun's lonesome position on the sand.

"Simple we just have to act like we were disscussing on what game to play." Luhan shurgged.

"And what game might that be?" Suho asked, a wave crashed onto them but they stood thier ground, huddled in a weird athlete like circle had its perks.

"We could start off with tag." Chanyeol suggested brushing some sopping wet hair out of his face.

"Great idea!" Luhan exclaimed as he told everyone what to do after that. They went over their roles two more times before putting thier plan into action, it was called,

Get Sehun Into the Water

Third Person (On the Shore, Sehun's Spot)

Sehun saw the little pep circle break as he heard Chanyeol boom, "I'm it!" So that was it. They were just playing tag, how predictable. They probably were just arguing over who was it and it ended on Chanyeol. Completely understandable. Sehun could see why Chanyeol was it, possibly because of his height and somewhat clumsiness in the water. But Sehun noticed everyone else was also water-challenged. The game quickly started, Chanyeol suddenly tackled Baekhyun, sending them both into the water.

"You're it." Chanyeol beamed as he got off from Baekhyun.

Sehun saw as Baekhyun suddenly tried to run after Lay but quickly failed. He had to start swimming and hope to find someone cowering beneath the waves. Baekhyun's efforts went to waste. Everyone seemed to be on the other side of where he was swimming to!

"Guys!" Baekhyun complained between puffs.

"Haha!" Suho laughed as he checked his waterproof watch, "let's go back to shore and put the game on hold, it's lunch time."

Sehun saw as the clan members slowly came back to shore and climbed out. He saw all of them get out except for one. One very bubbly, happy boy. Where the heck was Luhan.

Nobody else seemed to notice the boy's absence not even Kris! He was their duizhang for goodness sake!

"Hey guys!" Sehun called out.

Everyone adverted their attention to Sehun.

"What's up Sehun?" Baekhyun asked nonchalantly.

"Where's Luhan hyung?" Sehun said looking over at the ocean.

"H-help!" Luhan cried. Sehun quickly looked over and saw the boy far out at sea. He saw a wave crash upon Luhan as he drifted farther and farther out to sea.

"Luhan no!" Xiumin shrieked.

"How can we reach him that fast?" Suho said his arms flailing in desperation.

"Can't he swim?" Sehun asked frantically.

"Well yeah but not that well!" Kris cried, his voice almost cracking.

"Nobody can challenge waves that far out at sea!" D.O said he grabbed a surfboard and handed it to Sehun.

"This is not the time for surfing!" Sehun growled, pushing the surfboard back to D.O. He was not going to lose his new friend.

"Obviously!" D.O near shouted, "YOU have the best arm strength! You can paddle out and save Luhan!"

Before Sehun could object, everyone was already cheering him on like he was a superhero going to go save the damsal in distress. Except Sehun was not a superhero and Luhan was not a damsal in distress.

"Yeah Sehun!" Kai cheered.

"Sehun the savior!" Suho added proudly.

"You are a nice kid." Kris beamed.

"Better hurry!" Tao added hastily.

Sehun sighed and stripped off his tanktop. He threw down his iTouch, and grabbed the surfboard. As Sehun grudgingly ran into the sea with the teal surfboard in hand he could just make-out the slight image of Luhan in the distance. Right when Sehun was in the water it hit him. The cold icy feeling of water. Sehun paddled, he managed to stay on the surfboard despite his lack of skill with the board. It was like riding his longboard at home. Except right now he was saving someone from the somewhat peril of the ocean. Sehun looked back, he saw the others still cheering him on. Couldn't they be getting a boat or something?

"Hyung!" He yelled in desperation.

Suddenly, Luhan was gone, he could no longer hear the cries of the elder. Had he drowned?

On shore, Suho was a bit concerned.

"Where is Luhan exactly? Is this part of his plan?"

"Oh please." Kris laughed. "Luhan is a champion, competitive swimmer, at our old school he could pull a 47.00 100 free casually."

"Really?" Suho gasped. "I don't know if that's good or not but it seems that Luhan can swim, and very well in fact."

Sehun was huffing and looking out for a honey brown bob in the water. Suddenly, he was knocked of the teal surfboard. No wave had hit him but someone had knocked him off. And that someone was Luhan.

"What in the heck!" Sehun gasped as he came up for air, he was wet, more wet than before. Luhan was just giggling at him.

"You like the water now?" He asked.

"You did not just pretend to drown then make me come out here to save your sorry ." Sehun grumbled.

"I did, in fact I let a wave hit me!" Luhan laughed.

"Should've let two." Sehun groaned getting back on his surfboard. His efforts went to nothing.

"I always pulled these tricks on the others don't worry!" Luhan assured, swimming head up beside Sehun.

"So are you secretly an elite swimmer or something?" Sehun asked as he paddled back to shore.

"Well I wouldn't say elite I mean, I'm not as good as Ye Shiwen, she's a 16 year old prodigy." Luhan shurgged.

"Wasn't that some Chinese olympic swimmer who was suspected of doping at the London Olympics?" Sehun asked, he recalled seeing that on the news and never bothering to look further into it. Yet he remembered.

"Yes! But I don't think she doped. She said she didn't and I don't think she would lie." Luhan replied simply.

"I guess you put a lot of faith into people." Sehun said, he was impressed. He would think that the girl would've doped.

"Well yeah, I don't see why someone would lie like that, I mean the whole world would find out. It's not some lie about stealing the cookies that can be overlooked once you say that you did it! It haunts you for life." Luhan said as they reached the shore.

"How was it?" Kris asked skeptically.

"Wet." Sehun spat angrily. Everyone was in on Luhan's little plan. But in the end he enjoyed the water. Normally he wouldn't go in the water for other than bathing purposes but it was nice and cool and felt good. He had to admit that Luhan had done a good thing for Sehun. But of course not directly at the elder. All in all plan Get Sehun in the Water was a success!


Hey guys!

I used a different image this time! *VICTORY*

LOL Luhan is such a troll.

This is the piano

maxresdefault.jpg

It's the piano in Miracles in December, it seriously is expensive though. But it is so beautiful

Okay to cover your probably confusion on some things I reference to in this chapter.

Black Death- A plague that killed many in Europe and resulted in the devastating drop of population

47.00 100 freestyle- A PRETTY fast 100 freestyle time in the world of swimming, I would know, but I'm NOT a freestyler.

Ye Shiwen- A 16 year old at the London olympics who pulled off a 400 M I.M and dropped 5 seconds but her 100 freestyle split beat the spilt of the male 400 M I.M champion. Leading to suspicion on her case. But she said she didn't do it. This may seem confusing but its hard for people to accept someone dropping 5 seconds like that and going out such a fast split.

Anyways this is the last update before I resume school. It is going to be tougher to update as frequently and you are going to have to wait a little longer. This is why I gave such a long update this time. I hope you can wait long enough ;D

Hwaiting!

Saranghae~