Nine

You're Lucky, My Love (Hiatus)

~~

 

Kai was still watching Kyungsoo asleep on the couch. He couldn’t afford to relax seeing the boy’s situation. If everything in my dream was real, then also is his disease.... He played with his hair and pouted. The lad’s fingers were thin as well as his arms, his cheeks were deflated, and his lips were not bright red but pale pink. He was definitely not okay, Kai decided. And he could see the rising and falling of Kyungsoo’s chest. Kyungsoo has a different way of breathing, the fellow noticed it. He would inhale the oxygen through his mouth and exhaled through his nose. He found it cute because it was Kai’s first time to see someone breathe like that. The thundering sound had stopped but the rain kept pouring. It was just a minimal rain. It was not as loud as earlier. Kai wished to see the sun again. He was sure he missed it. There was a knock on the door and a voice calling him. Kai knew who it was.

 

“Hyuuuuung!! Open up! It’s me, Sehun!” The voice from outside shouted.

 

“Don’t shout, Sehun!!! Someone’s sleeping!” He reprimanded while standing up and grabbed the handle of the door. He unlocked it to let Sehun inside.

 

“Who’s in there, Hyung?” Sehun asked. Then he remembered that he brought Luhan along with him. He flinched and pointed at the man behind him who was smiling at them. “Oh. Hyung, this is Luhan. Luhan, this is my Hyung, Kai.”

 

The Chinese guy bowed and offered a hand to Kai. “Nice to meet you, Kai.” He smiled.

 

“I could say the same.” Kai replied with a nod. “Come inside. It’s cold out there.”

 

The two entered and Sehun urged Luhan to go inside. Luhan grinned and nodded. The boy faced his hyung and asked him with confusion lacing his voice. “Hyung, who is inside? You said someone’s sleeping..”

 

“Its … uhmm..”

 

“Kyungsoo!?” Luhan yelled with a startled, high-pitched voice. “ … Kyungsoo??”

 

The two rushed to Luhan. The Chinese fellow put his things on the carpet and kneeled near Kyungsoo’s figure. He touched his hair and ruffled it a little. “What is he doing here? And he is burning up! OH MY GOSH! “ Luhan was talking to himself now. Sehun and Kai stared at him quietly. Then, Sehun nudged his hyung in the side.

 

“Is he the one you’re talking about?” the younger asked, calmly.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“… Then, why did you bring him here, hyung!?” Sehun hissed.

 

“He was alone in that house! … When I got there, he was crying!” Kai whispered back. “So I brought him here.” Sehun just rolled his eyes and spoke to Luhan.

 

“Is that your cousin? The one were talking about earlier?”

 

“Y-Yeah .… I-I don’t know how he got here…”

 

Sehun cleared his throat loud enough and glanced at Kai. The man just rolled his eyes and sighed. “I brought him here, Luhan..”

 

“Why did you did that?! He’s not allowed to go outside! Plus it’s raining hard! Now he has got a fever!!” Luhan spoke in an intense manner, pointing at Kyungsoo and then gesturing outside. Kai already knew why was the man acting like this but he didn’t know that Sehun was doing the same. He shouted back as if defending his Hyung’s dignity.

 

“It’s not his fault!! He was just concerned for him! He was alone and crying inside your house!! So Hyung brought him here to accompany him!! And you have no right to raise your voice.”

 

Luhan was taken aback by Sehun’s counter statement. He knew he shouldn’t raise his voice in front of anyone because it’s not his house but he was carried away by his emotions. He was supposed to keep Kyungsoo safe. But Kyungsoo was there with someone he barely knew. Tears threatened to fall from his eyes but he blinked it back. He looked again at Kyungsoo and then faced Sehun and Kai.

 

“I-I’m sorry.. I’m supposed to keep him away from harm. H-He’s fragile.. you know” Luhan told them sadly.

 

“I know.” Both of them spoke up at the same time. They faced each other with confusion in their eyes. Sehun and Kai questioned each other the same thing

 

“You knew?” The younger asked. “I mean, you knew everything?”

 

“No? Yes?” Kai shrugged. “I mean ... Well, it’s pretty obvious by the condition of his body.. . And the way he gets sick easily. So, you knew it too?”

 

“Yes. Luhan told me.” He said. The two of them shut up eventually and offered Luhan a cup of hot chocolate. The guy accepted it and thanked them for the offer.  He also said that he would wait for it while observing his cousin. Luhan watched Kyungsoo sleep. He sat down near him and touched his forehead. The lad noticed the same clothes Kyungsoo was wearing when he left him at their house. The striped t-shirt colored blue and white , loose pants, his bracelets around his wrists made of brown- black strings and beads. He knew that Kyungsoo made it. Luhan had once seen how he did it. And he was amazed by his cousin’s abilities. Luhan recognized the fact that Kyungsoo was talented. His voice was gentle and soothing, he could also rap , and was good at housework. He realized that there was a great future ahead for his cousin. But everything crumbled down when they found out about his cancer. Kyungsoo was like a brother to Luhan. They hung out most of the time when they were young. Then one day, Kyungsoo fainted at his place screaming in pain when they were in their parent’s yard. He couldn’t move and tears formed in his eyes. He continued to howl in pain. Luhan yelled at his cousin, asking him what was wrong but Kyungsoo couldn’t speak, and then he hurriedly called their parents. And then, it happened.....

 They were at the hospital and he eventually knew. Something wasn’t right. Something was wrong with Kyungsoo. Luhan continued to touch Kyungsoo’s hair then his hands. Now, he was relaxed to see his cousin resting. The cup of chocolate came and  Sehun came to deliver it.

 

“I’m sorry, again. For.... yelling at you and Kai...”

 

“It’s okay. I understand. I will do the same thing if something happens to someone I care about. “ He grinned at the Chinese boy. He gestured to his drink. “Drink it. I made it.”

 

Luhan smiled and nodded. “Thanks again, Sehun.”

 

“Anytime, Luhan-hyung.”

 

Sehun left Luhan alone and proceeded to the room where Kai was lying down on his bed. His arm was  covering his eyes and his mouth was moving as if muttering something to himself. Sehun could make out certain words. He was sure Kai said,’ Kyungsoo ..i’m sorry...’. but he didn’t question it. Instead he sat beside Kai with a jump and this made the bed jump up and down as well. Kai didn’t move from his spot. He just sighed. Sehun pouted. He poked Kai’s arm with his finger.

 

“Hyung.. It’s okay! It’s not your fault! Seriously..”

 

Kai removed his arm and spoke to Sehun. He talked breathlessly as he got up. “Yeah, It’s not my fault that he got a fever because I dragged him here when there was a storm outside and I didn’t have any umbrella or anything to cover him or at least his head! Yeah. It’s not my fault, Sehun… Because IT’S REALLY, REALLY MY FAULT!” then he sank down on the bed again.

 

“Hyung, you were just concerned for the guy… so stop thinking that everything is your fault.” He patted Kai and left him to take a shower. Kai stared at the ceiling blankly. He noticed that he forgot to blink when his eyes started hurting. Then he sighed. He rolled on his bed from one side to the other. His arm hit something under the pillow. It was just his sketchbook. He grabbed it and touched it to feel its importance.  And then a pencil rolled towards his hip. And Kai knew what to do with it.

 

~~

 

After a drawing a few lines and some erasures, Kai blew away the flecks of debris produced by the eraser on paper and looked at his work. It was his second drawing in the sketchbook. There were figures: Two men holding hands in the rain. They have no eyes yet but there was no doubt about it that it was him and Kyungsoo. The small body of the boy and that heart-shaped smile he drew on his face were the details that prove that it was Kyungsoo. He signed at the bottom part of the drawing with his name and he put a date on it. He used his real name this time. Jongin . The style of his writing was wavy. It was a neat handwriting for a man but it suited him, like how gracefully he danced on the dance floor. A knock made him flinch a bit and he hid his sketchbook under his pillow. The door swung open to reveal Luhan. He thought that he locked the door but since Luhan entered without struggling, he knew that he had forgotten to do it.just ignored it because Luhan spoke to him.d grabbed anything to cover his whole body. And

 

“Kai … I’m sorry about earlier..”

 

“Nah. It’s okay. “

 

“I-I need to take Kyungsoo home now. It stopped raining.”

 

“Oh... I see.” Kai looked outside his window to check whether Luhan was right. And indeed he was. “You can take Kyungsoo home now. And … thanks for accompanying Sehun.”

 

“You’re welcome, Kai.” Luhan smiled and bowed to the lad. “You can come to our house some time, you know.”

 

“Sure. Thanks for the offer.”

 

Luhan grinned in response and left Kai alone. Sehun just finished taking his bath and went out completely . He only had his towel around his waist. Kai’s eyes widened and he shouted at Sehun to cover up his because they have visitors in their house. But the younger just shrugged.

 

“Naaaah. It’s okay! The door was locked and you have already seen my so ….. No need to worry! I’ll just get my clothes from the closet...”

 

He was moving towards their closet which was apparently 2 meters away from his spot. Sehun was ruffling his wet hair when suddenly the door burst open. It was the most embarrassing situation for Sehun.

 

“Kai would you help me with Kyungsoo he –“ Luhan was swinging his bag on his back and when he was about to see Kai, he saw Sehun instead, half-, wrapped only in a towel standing in front of him. “Oh my god! I-I’M SO SORRYYY!”

 

Luhan blushed and immediately closed the door loudly out of pure embarrassment meanwhile Sehun stood  frozen on his spot and Kai just tsked at him. Kai let out a laugh, loud enough so that it echoed in the room. Sehun immediately walked towards the closet and grabbed something to cover his whole body. And when he finished clothing himself, he smacked Kai’s shoulders.

 

“WHY DIDN’T YOU LOCK THE DOOR?! AND WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME THAT IT WAS OPEN?!”

 

“I forgot to tell you, Sehun! HAHAHAHA. I’m sorry. Hahaha.” Kai said between his laughs. “I told you to wear some clothes because they’re still here.”

 

“Yeah, BUT YOU DIDN’T TELL ME THAT THE ING DOOR WAS UNLOCKED!”

 

“Sor—HAHAHAHA. You’re expression was priceless! HAHAHAHAHAHA.”

 

“HYUNG!!!”

 

“… Okay, okay. I’ll stop. I’m sorry, okay? I just forgot..”

 

“I really hate you..”

 

“Aww. I love you too, Sehunnie.” Kai said with a girl’s voice. Sehun couldn’t fight that so he laughed. Kai blew some kisses towards Sehun and the fellow popped them one by one so they wouldn’t reach him. They played for some time when there was another knock on the door. Sehun looked at himself to make sure that he wore some clothes. Kai smirked at him and told the guy on the other side of the door that it was open.

 

“Luhan-hyung...Uhmm.... i apologize that you had to see me half-, It was embarrassing.” Sehun said, his head bowing down a little because of embarrassment. Kai knew that he was also blushing.

 

“I-It’s fine. I’m sorry too.... for not knocking before entering …” Luhan choked on his sentence. Kai saw some pink color on the guy’s face and mentally sneered Ughh... Love. He knew that , somehow, Luhan liked Sehun too, based on what he could see right now. “Don’t worry! I didn’t see anything!”

 

Sehun looked at him with sparkling eyes. “That’s good to hear! HAHAHA.”

 

“Luhan, what were you saying about Kyungsoo a while ago?” Kai interrupted their conversation. He was once again lying on the bed.

 

“Oh.. yeah, Kyungsoo. I need your help. He’s asleep. And I don’t want to wake him up because the fever might come back again due to lack of sleep or something..”

 

“You’re saying ….” Kai circled his hands in the air. “So....... why do you need me?”

 

Carry him.”

 

Kai shot up from the bed and blinked at Luhan meanwhile while the guy was looking at him seriously. He could carry Kyungsoo, of course, but what if he wakes up? Kai was a fidgety guy. He couldn’t stay still. If he would enter in a “Staying-still Contest”, he’ll lose in no time. He would start fidgeting his hands, then his arms and then fix his hair. So Kai thought that maybe it wasn’t such a good idea.

 

“Are you serious?  I mean why don’t you just wake him up or carry him yourself? Or Sehun.  But why me?” He said this somewhat hurriedly

 

“I told you the reason why I can’t wake him up. And I couldn’t carry him because I’m short and I still have some things to carry on my own. I don’t want Sehun to do it because he just got home and he should rest.” Luhan gave Sehun a sweet smile and the said boy blushed again so he decided to eat something from the refrigerator in order to hide his flushed face.  “Please, Kai…”

 

“But what if I wake him up? I’m not good at staying still, Luhan.”

 

“I trust you. You wouldn’t wake him up. And he’s not heavy, you know.”

 

“Fine, Let’s go.” Kai moved away from the bed and went outside their bedroom. The Chinese guy was ready to go while Kai grabbed Kyungsoo’s arms and swung it around his neck. He positioned Kyungsoo’s body at his back and grabbed a hat. Luhan asked what it was for and said that just in case it will pour down again. He placed it on Kyungsoo’s head and it fit perfectly. He informed Sehun that he would be back soon and the latter just waved his hands as a goodbye in response

 

“Luhan-hyung! I’ll return your towel next day or maybe another day!” He informed and then waved again.

 

“Sure, Sehun. Bye!” Luhan waved back too. “Kai, be careful, okay? And do you know the way to our house?”

 

“Yeah.  And no need to worry. I won’t let him fall. I got him.

 

 The two started to walk on the foot pavement. It was a short walk and Kai was glad that it didn’t rain again. They reached the front door of the house and Luhan offered to open it for them. Kai was happy to carry Kyungsoo. Well, not really him but his heart. Thug. Thug. Thug. Thug. Thug.... The same sound it produced in his dream when he was around Kyungsoo. And now, it was much louder. He was touching Kyungsoo’s whole body. He was carrying it. Kai felt the heat from the boy’s skin. And most of all, the thing that made Kai’s heart jump around was Kyungsoo’s face near his. The boy’s features where noticeable. How his eyelashes curved up and how his lips were soft and cute. And Kai could feel Kyungsoo’s breathing at his shoulders. This made the hairs at his neck stood up but Kai doesn’t mind. He smiled looking over at his shoulders where Kyungsoo’s face was.

  Luhan called him to get in and he did. Their house was big for the two of them, Kai noticed. The Chinese guy led him to the boy’s room. It was painted blue and there was a lot of stuff lying on the floor. Luhan picked them up one by one and placed them on the nearby study table. The room was neat except for the blanket on the bed.

 

“You can place Kyungsoo here.... Is he awake?” Luhan arranged the pillows and gestured Kai to put Kyungsoo down gently.

“Nope. He’s still asleep.” Kai did exactly what Luhan wanted him to do. He slowly held Kyungsoo with his hand and the other was still holding the boy’s arms. Kai put Kyungsoo’s down gently on the bed and gradually let go of his hands. He placed Kyungsoo’s head on the pillow and he got his feet on the bed too. Kyungsoo moved a little but didn’t wake up. Kai touched Kyungsoo’s head and smiled. He got a blanket and placed it on Kyungsoo.  He bent down and whispered to Kyungsoo, “Get well soon, okay?”  Luhan thanked Kai to which he just nodded. He left the house and promised to visit again some other time. Luhan waved and Kai was gone.

 

~~

 

Sehun was eating when Kai had left and when he returned the boy was still eating. He passed him and looked at the calendar near the door. Then he face palmed himself. They missed a day of work! They should be at the restaurant today dancing on the stage, entertaining the customers.

 

“Sehun! Hey, Sehun! Yah, O Sehun!” Kai waved at Sehun who was extremely busy eating noodles on the table.

 

“Mmm..?”

 

“WE MISSED A DAY OF WORK!!” Kai hissed at him.

 

“Its fine, hyung! It’s just one day.... Besides, it rained hard this morning. Maybe our boss told our co-workers to go home early because of the weather.” Sehun shrugged and continued to slurp his noodles. Kai pouted and sighed. He proceeded to his bedroom to sleep.

 

“You wouldn’t eat dinner?”

 

“Nah. I’m tired. You go ahead and eat. Don’t miss any meal. And clean up before you go to bed.”

 

“Tired because you carried Kyungsoo?” said the boy still slurping his noodles, teasing his Hyung.

 

 Kai glared at him in response.

 

“Shut up, Sehun. You’re in the mood of teasing just because Luhan saw your body and !” Kai countered. Sehun just shrugged at him nonchalantly and swallowed his food.

 

“Maybe.”

 

“Just eat and clean it up. Don’t forget to close the door and turn off the lights before you go to bed”

 

“Yes, Yes... Mom. I’ll do it.”

 

“ you, Sehun.”

 

Good night, hyuuuuung” Sehun sing-songed and blew kisses at him. It was Kai’s turned to pop the flying kisses that Sehun blew at him. Some of it passed his hands so he decided to dodge them. Both of them laughed at each other because they were behaving like kids. 5 year old kids to be exact. Kai ended their childish session and moved towards their room. He removed his shoes, then his socks. Kai loved to be bare-footed.

 He also got rid of his shirt but didn’t remove his shorts. Since Kai and Sehun have separate beds, he could roll around on it without disturbing Sehun. He jumped on his bed then his body eventually gave up. His bed was comfortable and the pillows were soft and smooth. Kai kicked the blanket away because he hated them especially in summer. Even though it stormed this morning, it became hot immediately. Maybe it was because of the global warming that was warming up the Earth…Woah! Where did that come from? Kai blinked, amazed and creeped out at the same time. Sometimes he was smart but most of the time, he acted dumb. He stopped thinking and placed his head on the pillow. It was really soft. He smelled it and it was the smell of his hair. He laughed.  Of course, you . You always sleep here! He thought. Then he remembered how soft Kyungsoo’s cheeks were when he kissed them. Kai touched his lips and stared at the ceiling.

 

“I wish to kiss them again.... Kyungsoo....”

 

He slapped himself and grunted. He buried his face on his pillow and started to doze off. Kai wished to dream of Kyungsoo again. But it didn’t happen. At the same time Sehun was at the door watching the whole scene and was grinning like crazy. His Hyung was in love. IN LOVE! And not just with anybody … but with Kyungsoo! Luhan’s cousin! He clapped like a seal without making a sound and proceeded inside the bedroom.

 

~~

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hi guys! Here's the next update. :) Sorry for being late. kekeke.

hope you like it. And please subscribe if you do. XD

I know it's full of romance and stuff but I ... am doing something WEIRD?

anyways! ENJOY READING!

 

--^--^--heartbeat