Ten

You're Lucky, My Love (Hiatus)

 

 

~~

 

Kyungsoo woke up while touching his side. He noticed that he was already home as he lifted his body up. His abdomen was aching. He knew it was due to his sickness. He bit his lip and clutched his stomach as his stumbled out of bed. It was just a minimal pain so he decided to drink some of his medicines instead of calling his hyung. The boy thanked God for he could walk. He went to his cabinet near his study table and searched for his medicine box. Kyungsoo grabbed the nearby chair and sat down when he found what he was looking for. He was still in pain but he could endure it. The boy opened the lid and searched the medicine he was looking for. It was his painkiller but he found out that his medicine ran out. He cursed silently and went to his bed again. He thought that maybe if he rested for a while then the pain will be gone. He laid down where he was comfortable but was still holding his tummy. He closed his eyes and reminded himself that he would tell Luhan to buy some medicines.

 

“oww.. I will tell hyung … later.” He said sleepily. “to buy some of my medicines..”

 

And he fell asleep again without feeling the pang in his stomach. At the same time, Luhan quietly opened the door to check up on his cousin. He noticed that the fellow was still asleep so he decided not to wake him up. He went downstairs and ate the breakfast alone. A frown was on his face and he didn’t know why. The Chinese guy munched every bite with steady emotion. He missed having conversations. Being alone in the house while taking care of a sick cousin and tutoring him made him feel something was missing. Luhan presented to take care of his cousin so he couldn’t complain. He sighed at his food. Luhan missed Sehun and his dialogues. He mentally laughed and a smile finally replaced his frown with the sudden thought. He was sure that he missed hanging out with Sehun.

 

“Maybe I should text him if he is busy?” he talked to himself. “ .. or maybe not.” He pouted and continued to eat his food which was cereal with milk.

 

When he finished eating, Luhan cleaned his bowl and proceeded to check on Kyungsoo again. When he was about to open the door, it swung by itself. Luhan was startled. Then he saw his cousin half-awake and was scratching his right eye with his fingers. Kyungsoo look over to Luhan and grinned. Luhan did the same and ruffled Kyungsoo hair. The pain was already gone so Kyungsoo didn’t tell Luhan about it.

 

“Want to eat breakfast?” Luhan asked his cousin with a smile.

 

“ … sure, I’m a bit hungry.” Kyungsoo yawned. “I’ll just change my clothes..”

 

“Nah. You can change later. Come on!” and the two went to dining table.

 

~~

 

Kyungsoo sat down as what his cousin told him to do. Luhan got a bowl with spoon and a glass to pour some milk. He got the cereal and filled the bowl. He placed infront of Kyungsoo and he also sat down opposite of the boy.

 

“Now, eat.”

 

“Thanks, Hyung.” Kyungsoo nodded while smiling and he begun eating. Then, Luhan remembered what happened yesterday. He wanted Kyungsoo to remember that he broke a law that was set by his parents. And if his parents knew what happened, Luhan was in great trouble.

 

“Kyungsoo … do you have something to tell me?”

 

“Mwaht?”

 

“Don’t you have something to tell me?”

 

Kyungsoo drank some milk to help him swallowed the food. He looked at his cousin confusedly and shrugged.

“Do I?”

 

“Don’t you remember what happened yesterday?” he placed his hand on the table and set his chin over.

 

“Uhmmm.. No?” Kyungsoo returned to his bowl and ate his cereal.

 

“Don’t you remember Kai?”

 

This made Kyungsoo to stop the spoon from entering his mouth. He placed it back to the bowl which made a little splashing sound due to the milk inside it. The fellow stared at it. Kai ... Kai.. where did I hear that name… He scratched his head.

 

“I guessed you really don’t remember anything that happened yesterday, huh?”

 

Kai … Kai… where the did I hear that name.. Kyungsoo mentally cursed. He was still frozen on his spot, thinking. Then again, Luhan continued to speak.

 

“You don’t remember that I left you—“

 

Arghh! … where?!

 

“—And don’t you remember that I told you to STAY here since I said to close the door and don’t let anyone inside..”

 

OH MY GOD.

 

“KAI! OH MY GOD!” He stood up from his sit and this made the table shook. Luhan almost fell from his sit if he didn’t grabbed the table. “OH MY GOD, HYUN! KAI. I REMEMBER KAI!”

 

“Ugh. Stop Shouting! I’m not deaf! … Well, good for you!”

 

“He—I— We .. No. I asked him to bring me to his house!”

 

“I know.”

 

“And.. and he did!”

 

“I know.”

 

“W-We ran into the rain as he dragged me..”

 

“I know.”

 

“Then, we were at his house and he gave a towel to dry myself..”


“I know.”

 

“And I … fell asleep.” Kyungsoo’s brows knitted as he remembered it. Luhan placed his chin again over his hand on the table and sighed.

 

“I know.”

 

The small boy sat down and looked at his cousin. “You knew? Everything?

 

EVERYTHING.” Luhan finished with a simple nod. He asked Kyungsoo again. “What else do you remember?”

 

“Ughh. Nothing.. That’s it.”

 

“Poor you.” The Chinese guy smirked.

 

“Hey!” Kyungsoo tried to smack his cousin but he has short arms to reach his cousin. Luhan laughed at his cousin.

 

“Okay. Sorry. Here’s what happened.” Luhan began telling Kyungsoo the events from your yesterday. “I met Sehun, the one I told you about.. the one I was meeting with. I found out that he was Kai’s best friend when I accompanied him home. There, I found you sleeping. I was shocked! Because I told you to stay here! … “

 

Kyungsoo chuckled at his cousin. Luhan glared at him but the boy continued to laugh. “ … I got mad at both of them and Sehun shouted at me.. blahblah. Anyway, you have a fever then. I couldn’t carry you so I asked Kai.”

 

The boy stopped laughing. The words that escaped from Luhan’s mouth were still processing in his mind. Carry? Kai? Me? He asked Luhan again if he heard the right words.

 

“What? What did you say?”

 

“Kai carried you over here. To your bedroom.” Luhan said.

 

W-WHAT?!” Kyungsoo blushed. “He did that?”

 

“Why are you acting like that? … Yes. He did that. I told you! Are you deaf?”

 

“Waaaah. It was embarrassing!” Kyungsoo lost his appetite. He just drank the milk and afterwards buried his head on his arms.

 

“He even took care of you when we weren’t home, you know. I noticed it since your fever was going down and there were some medicines and a basin with warm water near you.”

 

“I-I.. He was kind.” Kyungsoo said sheepishly.

 

“I know. Sehun too! You should meet him properly. You’ll like him.”

 

“I like that!” Kyungsoo’s spirit boosted up. It was very rare to make new friends for him.

 

“But, Kyungsoo … You still didn’t follow my orders to stay at home.” Luhan tsked and shook his head. The boy looked at him with a pout.

 

“But you left me alone here! You’re supposed to take care of me. But you’re not here when I needed you the most!” Kyungsoo said, raising his voice a little.

 

“Kyung—“

 

“But Kai was.” He calmed down and breathed some air. “He was there when I needed someone to be with me.”

 

“I-I’m so sorry for leaving you, Kyungsoo…”

 

“I understand hyung.”

 

“I’m really sorry. And … Hey! To make it up to you, I can take you for a walk or a shopping at the mall.” Luhan smiled and clapped his hands as he said it. Kyungsoo faced lit up because of his cousin’s sudden statement. He blinked many times and secretly pinched his hand to see if he was dreaming.

 

“Seriously?! Really?! I’m going out?!”

 

“Yeah. But just this once, okay? And I’ll be with you, of course!”

 

“Yes! THANK YOU, LUHAN!!!!!!” He got up from his sit and ran towards Luhan to give him a hug. Luhan chuckled and hug his small cousin back.

 

“Okay. Prepare yourself. I’ll clean this up. And we’ll go.”

 

~~

 

There was a light that blinded Kai’s eyes. It passed through the window and the curtains and went straight to his eyes. It was from the sun. It was present right now. Kai opened one of his eyes only because half of his face was buried on the pillow. He yawned and stretched inside his blanket. The alarm clock didn’t work again. He sighed and got out of bed. He went over to Sehun and kicked his . The younger muttered some curses on how stupid his Hyung was. Kai didn’t mind it and went to the shower to prepare for their work. After a few minutes inside the bathroom, Kai got out and was prepared to go except for an uncombed hair and a pair of pants. He moved to his closet and grabbed something for his . The man searched for a comb to fix his hair. And now, he was ready to go. He looked to over to his best friend who was still snoring softly on his bed. Kai faced palm himself and went to Sehun.

 

“HEY!! SEHUN!! WAKE UP! WE’LL BE LATE AGAIN!!” he removed the blanket on Sehun’s face. The younger tried to snatch it back but he was to sleepy to move.

 

“.. give .. it .. back ..”

 

“NO! SEHUN!! YOU GET UP THIS INSTANT!”

 

“FINE!” Sehun got out of bed but his eyes were still close. Kai shook his head in disbelief. Sehun was walking towards the bathroom door then with a loud thud, he bumped into it. He landed on the floor with his and this made him open his eyes. He touched his aching and stood up to go inside the bathroom. Kai laughed a little. Sehun really is younger than me..

 

“HURRY UP, SEHUN! I’LL BE OUTSIDE, OKAY?”Kai shouted at the door.

 

“OKAY, HYUNG!” He replied.

 

~~

 

Sehun forgot to wash Luhan’s towel so he decided to clean it up later this evening. After taking a bath, he wore some clothes and he accidentally saw Luhan’s towel inside his bag. He grasped it and placed it over his bed. Then he grabbed his bag and went outside where Kai was waiting for him while munching some grass in his mouth.

 

“Wow! I didn’t know you’re a cow..”

 

“It’s edible, Sehun.”

 

“Yeah, Cows eat that, too.”

 

“Shut up. Come on, Let’s go!

 

The two walked on the sidewalks. And out of a sudden, they heard something grumbled. Both of them looked at each other. Then their eyes focused lower on each other’s body. Then they let out a chuckle.

 


“You hungry?” Kai asked Sehun while smiling.

 

“Yeah.” Sehun answered with a grin on his face.

 

“Let’s grab something before we get to work.”

 

“Sure. At the café?”

 

“Yeaaaaah.”

 

“Awesome!”

 

Both of them high-fived and ran to the café where they met Baekhyun. Kai didn’t know that Baekhyun was in a relationship with Chanyeol but Sehun did. He said he’ll introduce him to someone. Kai just shrugged as they kept running. After some tie, they reached the café. They entered like wet chicks there. Baekhyun greeted them with a smile and also his boyfriend. Sehun panted but forced a smile. Kai just nodded and sat down on the nearest chair.

 

“Hi, Baekhyun. Hello, Chanyeol.” Sehun said as he regained his breath. Kai stood up and went over to his best friend. He stood awkwardly for a minute until Sehun pointed his finger to him.

 

“By the way Chanyeol, this is Kai. My best friend and roommate.” Kai bowed at him and grinned. Sehun continued to speak. “Kai, this is Chanyeol.” Chanyeol grinned back.

 

“Hi, Chanyeol.”

 

“Hello, Kai.” Chanyeol greeted and looked at Baekhyun. “Hey Baekhyunnie, don’t get inlove with him, okay? He is handsome, though.” He pointed at Kai and the boy was taken aback by his statement.

 

“Uhm.. what?” Kai asked but Baekhyun interrupted in. “OF COURSE NOT, YEOLLIE! HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT! You’re more handsome than Kai so don’t worry!”

 

Sehun covered his face with his hand due to embarrassment. He whispered to Kai, “Don’t mind them. They’re just inlove with each other that they forgot that they have customers here..” The younger shook his head. Kai swallowed his on saliva and looked at the couple in front of him.

 

“—Love you, Baek!”

 

“I Love you more, Yeollie! Now shut up.”

 

“Okay!” The tall guy said happily.

 

Some customers left the café. So Kai chose to order some food and eat it so they could go to work already. He looked at Baekhyun.

 

“ … Can we get some pancakes please?” Kai asked. Then, it happened. He was shocked to see Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun in front of him. The tall guy kissed the small boy’s cheek and winked at him. Baekhyun giggled and Sehun laughed. Kai’s mouth was left hanging. And Sehun nudged his hyung and laughed harder. Chanyeol told Baekhyun that he’ll be right back after cleaning the customer’s mess. Baekhyun smiled and nodded.

 

“What were you saying, Kai?” Baekhyun faced him and asked.

 

“Wh-what was ..” He pointed at Baekhyun then to Chanyeol who was busy hummning while cleaning at the nearby tables. “Woah! You two are together?”

 

“Yeah. Hahaha. Don’t be so shock there, Kai!”

 

“Oh. Sorry. Can I have pancakes, please?”

 

“AND BUBBLETEA! THE USUAL!” Sehun interrupted.

 

“Okay. It will be over. Just a second.”

 

The two waited until their order came. They thanked Chanyeol for delivering them and afterwards went back were his boyfriend was waiting for him at the back of the counter. The two ate and when they were finished, they said their goodbyes and asked the two of them to drop by at the restaurant they were working on if they were not busy or doing anything. The couple said yes and nodded. Before they disappeared, Kai could see that Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Baekhyun and sad something that made the latter blushed. Baekhyun smack him and laughed. Kai smiled at the sudden scenario. Sehun called him and they begun to walked. They reached the restaurant and the two changed their working clothes. Inside the restaurants were busy people. Some were having their breakfast. The two plugged in the sound system and went over the stage. The people turned their attention towards them and they began dancing through every rhythm of the music.

 

~~

 

“Where are we going Luhan?” Kyungsoo asked Luhan as he was combing his hair. Luhan was already dressed and was watching his cousin on the bed. He carried some small bag around his shoulders and a handkerchief inside his pocket. He wore a pair of shorts and a v-neck black shirt. He answered his cousin back.

 

“Well.. I have no idea. But, where do you want to go?”

 

“Anywhere.” Kyungsoo put down the comb and look at himself in the mirror. He looked good. He wore light blue long sleeves with a pair of white pants. His cheeks were a little pale but Kyungsoo didn’t mind. It was natural for his state.

 

“Okay then. We’ll just walk and walk until we find some place to satisfy us.” Luhan said. “Come on, Let’s go.” And he dragged his cousin out. Kyungsoo smiled and allowed himself to be dragged by his cousin. He will see the outside world for the second time. The thought made Kyungsoo excited. His lips formed a big grin on his face.

 

“Don’t go anywhere without me, ‘kay? Kyungsoo, you understand?”

 

“Yeah. I won’t.”

 

“Good.”

 

~~

 

The two kept walking as what Luhan said. Kyungsoo got tired every minute so they needed to rest for once in a while. Their feet got them nowhere due to Kyungsoo’s condition. But it was okay with Luhan, he understood why. Luhan was glad that he brought a water bottle with him. He gave it to Kyungsoo and the small boy gladly accepted it. When he finished drinking it, the water gave him some energy to walk again. He stood up, gave the water bottle to his cousin, and gestured Luhan to follow him to walk again. Luhan sighed and do what his cousin wanted. It was almost lunch time, Luhan guessed, because the sun was shining up. Kyungsoo was sweating because of his long sleeves so he was fanning himself with his hands. Luhan noticed it.

 

“Why did you wear that?”

 

“Oh, this?” Kyungsoo looked at his blue clothes. “I like it. And … I don’t want to show my thin arms … so yeah. I wear it. And most of my clothes were long sleeves.”

 

Luhan’s smile grew wider. His eyes sparkled with light and Kyungsoo didn’t know why. Kyungsoo asked his cousin and Luhan answered him.

 

“We will go to the mall to shop you some clothes!”

 

“But—“

 

“NO BUTS! COME ON!” And Luhan, once again, dragged his cousin. But this time, they have their destination ... The Mall.

 

~~

 

Sehun and Kai were sweating. It was due to the high temperature t but also because they finish the first half of their work. They still have another round of dancing after lunch. They were sitting inside the kitchen of the restaurant as they were eating. Kai was bored because of the silnce in the air so he decided to play a game.

 

“Hey, Sehun! Let’s play a game.”

 

“What?”

 

“It’s so boring here. Let’s play a game!”

 

“O-Okay. Don’t you just want to eat?”

 

“I’m done already.” He showed his container to Sehun and the boy was amazed.

 

“Wow. You’re really are a monster Hyung. Especially when it comes to eating. Look, You’re done already!”

 

“You’re just slow. C’mon!! Let’s play a game!”

 

“Fine!!”

 

“Do you like Luhan?”

 

Sehun was eating when he heard Kai’s question. He looked at his hyung horribly. Sehun munched his food and drink some water from his jug. Then, he looked at Kai again.

 

“What?! I thought we will play a game?”

 

“This is the game! ‘Truth or Dare’”

 

“OH, WHAT THE HELL. You’re a , hyung.”

 

“Just answer it! And don’t call me .”

 

“Then I’ll call you jerk.”

 

“Just answer it, O Sehun!”

 

“Fine! Yes, I do! Happy?”

 

“Nah. I knew it from the start. I just wanna makes sure of it.”

 

“You really are a , hyung.” And Sehun pouted at his hyung. He grabbed al his containers and stuffed it all inside his bag.

 

“HAHAHAHA. Aww. Our little Sehunnie got a crush..”

 

“Shut up hyung!”

 

“Hey guys! Are you done yet? 5 minutes more and you’re up again!” One of their co-workers shouted at them. Kai yelled back and grabbed his things. Sehun stood up and placed his bag at the cabinet where all his things of the workers were placed.

 

“I’m going to the bathroom, wanna come, hyung?”

 

“No, I’m good!”

 

“Okay!” And Sehun moved towards the kitchen door. But before he went outside, he looked at his hyung and shouted back. “I know you like Kyungsoo, too!” The younger winked at his cousin and blew some kisses. He laughed hard as he went outside. Kai was frozen from his spot. His heart sounded strange again when he heard Kyungsoo’s name. He thumped his chest and muttered some curses like, “Don’t beat hard you stupid heart!” and “Stupid Sehun!”. He went to the nearby faucet and washed his hands. He dry them and placed his bag where Sehun’s was.

 

I don’t like Kyungsoo, okay?” he said to himself. But his mind answered back. Oh really? Don’t you?

 

“oh shut up, you—“

 

“Who are you talking to?” Sehun’s head peeked over the door.

 

“No one.”

 

“Come here now. We’re next.”

 

“Coming.” And he ran outside. Sehun patted his back as they went straight to the stage.

 

Do I really like Kyungsoo?

 

~~

 

“I’m hungry, Luhan.” Kyungsoo said as he touched his tummy with a hand while the other carried some shopping bags. They were able to go to the mall to buy some clothes for Kyungsoo. Luhan was the one who chose the most because his cousin would always picked the clothes with long sleeves. Luhan said that Kyungsoo has no sense of style in choosing but his cousin just shrugged and said that anything was appropriate as long as he could wear it. But in the end, they enjoy the time they’ve spent. They were now going home. They left the mall 15 minutes ago. It’s past lunch time already.

 

“Me too. Let’s eat somewhere..” Luhan scanned the area and was glad to see a decent looking restaurant across the street. “There!”

 

“Have you eaten there?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“No.. but let’s try it!”

 

“Oh. Okay!”

 

The two walked towards the restaurant. They went inside and sat at the empty table. Luhan and Kyungsoo put down the things they shopped and the Chinese guy called the waiter. Due to hunger, they didn’t notice the people on stage performing as the music changed into a soft one. When they finish ordering, they thanked the waiter and rested for a while. Kyungsoo looked around at the restaurant. It was simple, though. Tables and chairs with easy styles, crew walking around giving orders, and a stage on the most back part of the place. Then he saw him.

 

“Kai?”

 

“What, Kyungsoo? You said something?” Luhan asked his cousin.

 

“Kai. It’s Kai!” He pointed the guy on the stage who was garcefully dancing with the music. Luhan looked and was amazed and so was Kyungsoo. But Luhan’s attention was mostly caught by Sehun who was also dancing. He was good. He was amazing. Both of them were. Kyungsoo’s mouth hanged open and Luhan helped his cousin to shut it. So the boy just smiled but it was bigger than that. Luhan had never seen someone dance like that before. Every glide Sehun made, it was beautiful in Luhan’s eyes. On the other hand, Kyungsoo was enchanted on how Kai danced on stage. He was very graceful and beautiful. The two were flawless. Luhan and Kyungsoo didn’t notice that their food had already arrived until the waiter placed it on their table. Both of them ate while their eyes never left the two dancers. Luhan poked Kyungsoo’s side and pointed at Sehun.

 

“That, Kyungsoo, is the one I’m talking about earlier.”

 

“Who … Sehun?”

 

“Yup.”

 

“You didn’t tell me that he was a good dancer. Kai, too.”

 

“I didn’t know. Honestly. I was amazed as you are.”

 

The boy laughed at his cousin and Luhan tried to smack him but failed. The two continued to finish their food. But both of them didn’t know that the ones they were looking a while ago were glancing at them right now.

 

~~

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hi guys! OMO. I finish this chapter in time. Phew! I hope you like it. :)

It's kinda long. but please don't get bored. -.- please subscribe if you like it, and BTW, THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR THE UPVOTES. <3

This chapter is not edited so please excuse my errors. My beta is out of town. Please take care! ^_^ you too guys!

Byee~

--^--^--heartbeat