Officer Bastard, At Your Service

Revenge is Sweet

Leo could barely see through his blind rage. The only thing guiding him was N's bright red hair, something he insisted on doing, regardless of how often he got in trouble for it at school. His persistence had granted him Leo's grudging approval and it was this that Leo focused on. Don't think about it. If you don't think about it, it isn't true.

He repeated this mantra throughout the long walk to the police station, the building all of them knew only too well. They'd all been hauled here for one reason or another in the past few yeas, more often to bail Hyuk out than for themselves. Only now it was too late for Hyuk. Don't think about it. This phrase became obsolete once they arrived at the station and got stared at by the receptionist.

"Can I help you?" Her tone indicated that she'd rather do anything but. She looked curiously at N, who still had his arm around a sobbing Hongbin, though the latter had quieted down to the occasional hiccup.

None of them said a word until Ravi spoke up. "Um...we have information about the boy who was murdered this morning." The others gave almost unnoticable reactions to his words.

The receptionist sat up at the words and pointed to the uncomfortable looking chairs lining the wall. "Sit down, I'll just be a moment."

"We'd rather stand." Ravi stared her down and she shrugged.

"Suit yourselves." She disappeared down the long hallway behind her desk, leaving them alone.

. Ken echoed this sentiment in a mutter as if he'd read Leo's mind as they shifted their feet, waiting for someone to come.

"Are you the boys who had information about our victim?"

Your victim? You pretentious piece of--

"Yeah." N's voice broke through Leo's furious thoughts. When he didn't say anything else, the officer in front of them (none of them had met him before) beckoned them into an office down the hall. He sat behind the desk and studied them, taking in their matching uniforms and backpacks, and waited for them to talk, but none of them were willing to say the words out loud; it would make Hyuk truly gone from them.

The officer sighed. "If you're not going to come out and say anything I can book you for obstruction of justice. You came of your own free will, do I have to take that away?"

He was rewarded by five glares and Ken finally started talking. "The boy's name is Han Sanghyuk. He's 15. Lives at Lee Bongcha's Home for Boys."

An infuriating look of comprehension dawned on the officer's face and he leaned forward. "Anything else you'd like to tell me about him? Or who you are?"

"No we don't." N snapped. "We didn't know him that well."

The man in front of them seemed to know he was lying. "That's not the impression I'm getting from him." He nodded his head at Hongbin, whose red eyes and tear-streaked face were a dead giveaway. Leo scowled at both of them; Hongbin looked away and the officer didn't seem fazed.

"He fell on the way here." Ravi said coldly. "Doesn't take pain very well." Hongbin nodded. The officer raised an eyebrow but didn't call them out on the lie.

"And you?" He looked at Leo. "Why do you have two bags?" Leo said nothing but hoisted his own bag higher on his back and kept an iron grip on Hyuk's and his gaze on the officer. God he hated the police. Incompetent, stupid, and when they did manage to catch someone, it was usually the wrong person. The other four looked nervous that Leo wouldpunch the officer when the man became impatient with his silence. "Answer me."

"He doesn't talk." Hongbin said, sounding like he had a bad cold. The officer looked at him, sighed, and handed him a tissue.

"He can't talk?" He didn't say that, stupid.

If Leo hadn't been used to people talking about him like he wasn't there than this conversation would have really annoyed him.

"He can." Hongbin went on after blowing his nose and wiping his eyes. "He just doesn't."

The officer waited for him to say anything else but they all took a leaf out of Leo's book and zipped their lips. He sighed. "Well, if that's all you have to say for yourselves then I suggest you get to school before you get in trouble."

That was the one order they would have no trouble following--anything to get out of this place.

______________________________

I decided I really really like Leo (I did before, but now even more). He seems like such a complicated person and it's really fun to write his thoughts and stuff.

I hope you're enjoying and don't forget to comment!