Double Trouble

Mr. Inexperienced

 

Jongin grinned crookedly to his reflection in the mirror, as he flashed himself a wink, clicked his tongue and snapped his fingers.

 

"POW!" He cried out childlishly, pointing out his index finger and thumb to form the shape of a gun and aimed it at the glass. "Damn, I look foooine."

 

"What the hell are you doing?" 

 

The boy swiveled his head to the right to notice his older sister leaning against the foyer wall, staring at him oddly. She waved her minature spoon she used to devour her tub of chocolate-chip cookie dough Häagen-Dazs at him, beaming. "Ahhh, you're dressed up all fancy because you've got a date? Don't 'cha?"

 

"Mind your own business, noona!" Jongin retorted fixing the collar of his Calvin Klein baby-blue dress shirt. Apparently he had been told by many of the girls at school that he looked good in blue.

 

"Tch, whatever. Valentine's day . I'm gonna go lock myself in my room and watch sappy romantic comedies with my ice cream. Have fun on your first date Jonginnie!" His older sister taunted her younger sibling, pinching his tanned cheek and sauntered away.

 

"Aiiish, ooww!" Jongin muttered peeved, rubbing his cheek then sneaking one last peek of himself.


Viamma's. 7:03 pm.

 

"Phew! I made it in time...sorta. I hope Soojung won't be mad." Jongin sighed in relief, his eyes glanced up from his watch flickering to the restaurant huge, glass window. He caught a glimspe of the dark-haired girl in her black leather jacket, whom was fortunately gazing out the window at the same time. Her eyes lit up as she waved him over beckoning him inside.

 

"Table for one, sir?"

 

"Ahh, no I have someone waiting for me." Jongin replied, his eyes never leaving Soojung's beaming face from across the room. He pratically ran towards the girl, in quick, long strides before the restaurant host could even stop him.

 

"Jonginnie you came!" Soojung exclaimed excitedly, immediatly rising from her seat and evelopped him into a hug.

 

The fruity, sweet scent of her strawberry shampoo drifted from the top of her hair to Jongin's nostrials, as he closed his eyes blissfully holding onto Soojung, never wanting to let go. But of course 3 seconds later, he felt Soojung loosening from the hug. 

 

"Jonginnie," She smiled clutching onto his arm, meeting nearly at eye-level with Jongin because she was wearing impossibly high-heels. "This is Subin."

 

Jongin's jaw dropped, his eyes leaving Soojung to the girl seated at the 4-person table who waved at him joyfully. It wasn't until he realized there was a familiar looking boy parked beside Subin, that his mind started to connect what was going on. He pulled Soojung in close softly hissing into her ear. "Is this a double-date?!"

 

She looked back at him nodding with a sly smile. "You know it!  Oh ya Jongin, this is Minhyuk, you remember him from when we were younger? Right? We all played soccer together?" 

 

Minhyuk nodded at him with a cheeky smile bending forward to politely offer his hand. This made Jongin twist around, as he snatched Soojung's elbow and whisked her away. "Sorry, I'm going to borrow Soojung for a moment."

 

He yanked her over to a quiet corner near a humongous fish tank. "Soojung! What. The. Hell?!" Jongin demanded with flashing eyes.

 

Soojung nonchantly leaned against the wall dusting off imaginary lint off her dark, washed skinny jeans. Then she glanced up meeting eyes with the peeved Jongin grinning. "I know you told me to stop matchmaking, but I figured it out!"

 

"Figured what out? I told you to stop! It was so freakin' simple!"

 

"You can't go into a relationship because I'm the only girl you feel comfortable with. Sure, there's Jinri but realistically when it comes down to just the two of you alone, I know you two can't connect.  I figured if I planned out a double date with me here, you would have the confidence to get closer to another girl. Please just try it once tonight, I promise I won't bother you at all again." Soojung pleaded gripping onto Jongin's two hands.

 

In return Jongin bit his lower lip wondering how dense could this girl be and suddenly why he liked her..no maybe loved her more than he had 2 seconds ago. The stupid, stubborn, thick-headed girl cared about Jongin's happiness to the extent of finding a possible love interest for him, so he wouldn't have to be left behind alone. Reality was Chanyeol and Jinri had already found each other and Soojung iwas most likely to end up with a guy that is not him. He rubbed his face exasperated. This was it. An unrequited love. Never to be returned.

 

"Fine, but this is the last time." He sighed.

 

"I promise!" She smiled sweetly, leaning in for quick hug then excitedly marched back to their table grasping tightly onto Jongin's hand as he dragged his feet behind her. "We're baaack!"

 

"Yaaay!" Subin cheered clapping her hands, as Jongin settled down in his seat in front of the girl.

 

"Yaaay." He repeated sullenly, slumping his shoulders. Soojung casted a disapproving glare at him nudging the boy in the ribs urging him to be happy. Then she turned towards Minhyuk debating on what was good on the menu, in return Minhyuk beamed at her completely charmed by her. It sickened Jongin down to his stomach.

 


The night got even worse. Jongin didn't think it was even possible, but he watched the scene occur right beside him as Soojung and Minhyuk re-enacted the sharing of a single strand of spaghetti from 'lady in the tramp.' Soojung had excitedly set aside her steak and exhibited this digustingly cute act only couples in dramas would do, as her lips were inching closer-and-closer to Minhyuk's lips.

 

"That's it Soojung stop playing with your food!" Jongin piped up suddenly slicing the noodle in half with one hand. "I'm going to go."

 

"What? Why?" Soojung questioned, a dab of spaghetti sauce on her chin.

 

Minhyuk chuckled, reaching over to wipe away the splotch. "Soojung, you're actually adorable."

 

She forgot her best friend's existence for a moment and cocked her head to the side in a charming manner beaming at her date.

 

Jongin had enough of this, slipping on his jacket. "Well, I'm done my food and I want to go home and watch the olympics." He answered straightforwardly, figuring his lie was believable because it was somewhat true. He rather be home than here.

 

"But you didn't get a chance to eat dessert," Subin expressed disappointedly. "How about after this we all just go to my place and watch the game together? It's actually not too far from here."

 

"Ya, that sounds great! Let's do it for the girls, eh?" Minhyuk pronounced nodding at Jongin.

 

"Ummm..." Jongin's eyes flickered over to the three faces at the table shooting puppy-dog faces. He was going to be the biggest jerk ever if he just ditched this planned double-date on Valentine's day of all days. "Fiiine. Now stop that pouting!" 

 

"Yaaaaaay!" Everyone at the table whooped and that was how Jongin was forced to endure another long event of Soojung and Minhyuk sampling each other's desserts by feeding each other cutely. This was not even fair he didn't know half the people at the table and they had already guilt-tricked him. Noona was right Valentine's day .


"Brrr! It's so chilly!" Soojung's teeth chattered.

 

"Ya, because you're only wearing a leather jacket." Jongin stated matter-of-factly. The foursome had been released out of the warm, vent-heated restaurant into the late chilly, winter night Seoul weather tramping through the snowy sidewalks towards their cars. They walked in close-two's. Soojung and Minhyuk in the lead, Subing and Jongin trailed behind.

 

"You want to borrow my jacket?" Minhyuk offered.

 

"Naah, the walk from here to the car isn't that far."

 

"Do you want to hold han-" "Soojung! Look over here!" Jongin proclaimed as Soojung glanced over her shoulder. Fresh, ice-cold snow whipped her in the face.

 

"Kim Jongin you are going to have wished you didn't do that!" Soojung snarled.

 

A snowball fight erupted on the sidewalk of Seoul. Soojung stuffed a handful of snow into Jongin's face. Minhyuk and Subin joined in throwing snow at each other. It was meaningless fun that caused no harm, until Soojung went in search for a huge boulder to destroy Jongin with. The games stopped there, Minhyuk pulled her close again into him again, unintentionally Jongin grabbed onto her arm.

 

"Jongin?" Soojung asked.

 

"Oh umm, there was snow still in your hair." Jongin muttered embarassed, away the snowflakes that had fallen atop her head.

 

"Oh thanks! Y'see Jongin is like my twin brother to me." She remarked proudly, as Minhyuk politely smiled hauiling her in close again.


Subin's household, wasn't even fit to be called a household. They watched the olympic games air in her home theatre. The comfty, cushioned sort of chairs found at movie theatres were found lined in two-rows in her own house! It was a impressively massive house.

 

"YEEEESSS! 8-POINTS!" Subin hollered out loudly, throwing up her hands in the air.

 

"THE SNOWMAN!" Minhyuk nodded whooting, as him and Subin hi-5ed excitedly.

 

"Why is curling on? It's soo boring." Soojung remarked, craddling her chin propped up in one hand.

 

Minhyuk attempted to explain the sport to a clueless Soojung, whom nodded seemingly interested, But knowing Soojung Jongin could tell from three seats down she didn't give a about the game. Although strangely Subin held an equally passionate liking to curling as much as Minhyuk. They conversed about the players strategies and what tactics might be best to execute as the game occured on t.v.

 

"Minhyuk, I'm going to have to be honest that I don't give any flying s to this game." She admitted matter-of-factly.

 

Instead of being mad, Minhyuk simply smiled and leaned in close to Soojung bumping his forehead with hers. Soojung would have socked any other dude if they had done that to her, but instead she simply just beamed at Minhyuk like he was the cutest thing in the world and urged him to continue explaining the sport. Jongin's jaw clenched.

 

"Subin, I'm sorta thirsty. Where's your kitchen from here?"

 

"Oh c'mon with me I'll come show you!" She chirped happily. "Minhyuk tell me what happens, okay?"

 

"Okay!" He confirmed holding up the 'ok' sign.

 

Subin lead the way, directing Jongin to her equally massive kitchen.

 

"It's really fine you didn't have to me here." Jongin proclaimed.

 

"Oh! But I'm the host it's the only right thing to do right?" She asked, grinning as she opened up her double-door fridge doors. "Do you waaaant...cola? Fruit punch? Lemonade? Gatora-"

 

"Water will do." Jongin simply answered. Subin nodded in reply, pouring the beverage joyfully. If that was possible as she swayed her hips from side-to-side. He was certain she would spill. "Here ya go!" She announced.

 

"Thanks." Jongin replied curtly sipping on his drink as she watched him eagerly.

 

He didn't have a chance to talk much Subin on the date. She seemed nice, sweet, bubbly...everything Soojung was not. What was even happening now? They had both just left Minhyuk and Soojung alone in a room together. Jongin didn't even want to think about it, he shook his head clearing his thoughts, then peered up from his glass widening his eyes in alarm, jolting in shock as Subin appeared in front of him.

 

"Umm, hello." He nodded, taking one cautious step back.

 

"Jongin, I want to get to know you better. I've seen you at school and the only girl you interact with is Soojung. If you can, I hope we can be closer." Subin uttered. 

 

Jongin didn't realized he had taken too many steps back to be cornered. He gulped making intense eye-contact with this nearly complete stranger he did not intend to get close to. "I-"

 

He didn't have a chance to reply because Subin's lips were already on his. No warning whatsoever. An individual walked into the scene. 

 

"Oh sorry! I was looking for the bathroom." Soojung announced flourished. She her heel before throwing Jongin a thumbs-up and grinning smile, then disappeared out of sight.

 

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! Well umm..its actually feb.15th but oh well I worked hard to finish this chapter as soon as possible. It's 12am and usually I would be asleep by now! I don't think this ch. was too good...no cute-sy scenes. No Chanlli. Meeh. But oh well. How was your valentine's day? I'd like to hear stories! Umm..let the complication occur! COMMENT&SUBSCRIBE!