Matchmaker Jung

Mr. Inexperienced

3 months later. Café Latté. 4:16 p.m.

  "Pssst, Jongin." Soojung utters, snapping her fingers repeatedly attempting to get Jongin's attention whose preparing a espresso for a customer.

 

Jongin doesn't turn his back, as he focuses on pouring steamed milk onto the beverage generating coffee art.  "Soojung I'm working." 

 

"But, Jongin this is more important! No offense," Soojung directs her attention at the middle-aged women in her oversized scarf and tini skirt in the  extremely cold, winter weather. She even manages to wear 4-inch heels, when there's 10 cm of snow outside. Soojung forgets how korean women wear heels in all types of weather. "This boy's love life is utterly hopeless."

 

The customer gives a sympathetic look at Jongin, as he hands her drink across the wooden counter narrowing his eyes at Soojung whom shrugs. "Thanks. You're not bad looking. You'll have luck." She smiles, then the customer clicks away in her heels, back outside into the snow.

 

"Have a good day! Alright, Jung what is it you want?" Jongin sighs leaning behind the wooden counter, folding up his white-buttoned down uniform shirt.

 

Soojung leans in close to Jongin, holding one hand close to . "That girl over there at that table keeps on staring at you. She's pretty cute."

 

The boy groans in response, burrowing his head into his folded arms. Not again. February has rolled around and Soojung hasn't failed her matchmaking ways. Jongin can't even count the amount of girls on Facebook that have tried to friend him.

 

"Soojung." Jongin levels his eyes with the dark-haired beauty. "I. Don't. Want. A. Girlfriend." He articulates slowly, scrunching Soojung's cheeks together. She ressembles a goldfish with puckered out, tiny lips and enlarged eyes.

 

She slaps his hands away from her face and grabs hold of his face. "But. You. Need. One." Soojung states, forcing Jongin's head to nod 'up' and 'down'.

 

This girl was way too determined and stubborn. Why did he even like her? He grabs hold of her hands, hoping to make her understand. "Soojung. Please stop this, I really mean it. If it's meant to be, it will be." Stupid Jongin hasn't gotten the courage to confess his feelings for her. 

 

"Ugh, fine! But if you end up dying alone with Jjangu, Monggu and Jjang-ah don't come complaining to me." Soojung huffs, downing the last of her marbled hot chocolate. Then slams it down like it's a shot cup, Jongin flinches. She's gathering all her things together, and slips on her leather jacket and yanks down her 'BOY London' beanie Chanyeol had bought for her for Christmas. "I'm off."

 

   Jongin watches from afar, as she stomps aways, fingers dwindling on her smartphone screen, furiously texting her anger to Jinri on the latest Samsung model that Jongin had bought for her, he wasted 3 paychecks on that devil-woman. A tall, handsome stranger in a trench coat that Jongin had noticed glancing at Soojung frequently, slowly makes his way over to her with grin on his frog-like face. Jongin's face contorts to a snarl.

 

"I'm going on my break!" Jongin announces grabbing his fur-lined hood jacket from the coat hook, and sprints over to Soojung slunging an arm over her shoulders.

 

"What do you want?"

 

"I don't need a girlfriend, if I have you." Jongin expresses beaming, hastily looking over his shoulder to see frog-faced boy with slumped shoulders, heading back to his table.

 

Soojung break out into a smile, looking up at him, her eyes contorting to the shapes of tiny crescents and Jongin's heart skips a beat as she slings an arm around his waist. "Sorry, I'm only trying to help." She pouts, in response Jongin nods aware and remembers. Ahh that's why I like her.


     Ever since 'Chanlli' became a couple (Sulli and Chanyeol insisted on it) Jongin hung out more frequently with Soojung. Well, except for all the other times she interacted with everyone else, but she always made time for Jongin. Maybe it was because she liked regularly going over to Jongin's and playing with the dogs, or defeating Jongin at his XBOX games, or taking naps next to Jongin in his comfty king-sized bed or his mom's home-baking because her mom the ex-gymnast, and dad the ex-wrestler refused junkfood in their household.

        They were currently at a house party, it was Myungsoo's party actually. The cold, mysterious, rich-boy from History class that Soojung had kissed on New Years. That night Jongin was tackled by Bae Suji whom reeked alcohol and pratically thrown herself onto him as he held her face back and struggled to not get kissed by her. 

 

"YEEEESS! I GOT A BALL IN! IT TAAAAOOO!" Soojung hollered out, throwing her arms up in the air her face flushed and swiveling the snapback backwards that she had hijacked from Jongin. She hi-5ed with Suho whom was her partner as he beamed at her, patting her head.

 

"Good job Jungie!"

 

Tao narrowed his eyes at the already, beyond wasted girl face expression-less as usual,  as he chugged down the red plastic cup that contetnts were filled with alcohol, and wiped his mouth with his bare arm. "I don't like this game."

 

"Noooooo faaair my partner !" Kris groaned banging his hands repeatedly on the ping-pong table. 

 

"Yah!" Tao glared at Kris.

 

" to be yoooou Kreeeeeees!" Soojung laughed manically.

 

      The next moment Kris charged at her, like a bull his head-first and Jongin almost lurched up from his seat on the couch to stop the Chinese giant, as he picked up Soojung like a ragdoll onto one shoulder and spun her around. Soojung squealed happily and Kris raced around the crowded basement finally flinging Soojung's lifeless body on the couch with Jongin. D.O and Xiumin way too drunk to react.

   Xiumin's drinks splashes partially on Soojung as D.O's eyes widened like they normaly do. However since D.O thinks Soojung is particularly pretty his face flushes. Jongin is holding his drink high in the air, and nudges Xiumin to leave it by the side-table to avoid anymore spills.

 

"Alright move aside Tao, Suho is my partner now. Who wants to go against us?" Kris screeches out reclaiming his place, shoving Tao to the sides.

 

"US!" Jinri hollers out face flushed waving her hand in the air, her other hand grasping Chanyeol's.

 

"Alright princess and giant, you're going down!"

 

"Let's do dis beb!" Chanyeol slurs nodding at Jinri, as he leans down to briefly peck her on the lips.

 

Kris sways back-and-forth in his spot staring at the couple then glances at Suho. 

 

"What? Yah! I'm not doing that to you!" Suho grimaces elbowing Kris.

 

"That was fun!" Soojung declared, sitting upright in Jongin's lap. "Why is your face so red D.O?"

 

"Umm..the alcohol." He meekly replies scratching the back of his neck.

 

"Oh, okay! Hey, Jonginnie are you having fun?" Soojung asks, swiping a hand through Jongin's thick, hair leaning in close until their foreheads meet and Jongin realizes how hot Soojung's forehead is. 

 

He places both hands to the sides of her face and notices her whole face is heated. "Soojung are you feeling okay?"

 

"Actually....I don't feel too well after all that beer and Kris spinning me around." Her face contorts to a nauseated expression.

 

"Wait! Hold on Soojung." Jongin assures her, as Soojung nods with heavy eyelids and wraps her arms around Jongin's neck and he carries her princess-style upstairs taking the stairs 2-at-a-time and notices the guest room ahead that occupies a bathroom. 

 

Jongin rushes Soojung to the bathroom and helps her hold back her hair, as she kneels by the toilet and pukes. Once she's finished he aids her by washing her face by the sink. Soojung stares at herself in the mirror reflection, her face drenched. "I look like ." She murmurs.

 

"Now, now I've seen worse." Jongin chuckles, earning a shove by Soojung.

 

"I stiiiiiiiink." She wails, shuffling out the bathroom and tugging her soiled t-shirt over her head and tossing it onto the floor as she collaspes onto the guest-bed in only a tank-top her arms outstretched. "Jonginnie that girl Sohyun was eyeing you all night. You should've talked to her." She slurs.

 

"I guess I didn't notice because I was making sure Chanyeol and Jinri wouldn't drink as much as last time." 

 

Soojung giggles staring up at the ceiling and Jongin approaches Soojung sitting by the foot of the bed. "You aren't doing much of a good job." She utters.

 

"Aha, yeah I guess I'm not."

 

"Jongin?"

 

"Mmmh?"

 

"Jinri told me I was your first love...-"

 

Jongin freezes, his blood running cold. "What?"

 

Soojung slowly sits up in the bed, her clothes disheveled as she shuts up Jongin with a finger to his lips. "Shhh, I'm not finished! I think it's really cute you liked me looooong time ago becauuuussse you're really cute and you deserve a girl whose really cute, like...Sohyun! I think she's your fish in this huge 'effing ocean." She slurs with lit up eyes and outstretched arms. 

 

"What?" Jongin utters beffudled.

 

"C'mon I'll introduce you to her, she's reaaaally nice." Soojung beams, grasping Jongin's hand and starting for the door.

 

Suddenly Jongin yanks Soojung back , as Soojung flops back onto the bed puzzled and Jongin clambours on top of her on all fours gazing down at her panting. 

 

"Jonginnie what's wrong?" Soojung knits her eyebrows confused reaching out to touch his cheek.

 

      Maybe it's the alcohol in his system that's finally making him act this way, having the actual courage to do something like this. Soojung underneath him isn't the least bit scared and it angers Jongin so much that the way she's looking at him isn't like she's staring at a man, but a little boy, her little brother, simply her childhood friend. "I just..errm...can we practice again?"

 

"What do you mean?....Ohhhh like last time." She giggles, and it sounds like the chimes of twinkling bells in Jongin's ears. "Practice makes perfect right?"

 

"Yeah, exaaaactly." Then he's slowly leaning down towards her and Soojung just simply yanks him down their lips crashing together, and they engulf each other their mouths in perfect synchronization with the right amount of pressure as their tongues battle rolling on top of each other. Soojung on Jongin's lower lips and then breaks away from the kiss, with brightened eyes.

 

"Girls like that move!" She proclaims cheerfully.

 

"Mmmmh." Jongin nods kissing her again, his fingers entangling in her tangled long, dark tresses. They practice for awhile kissing long and hard until both are out of breath.

 

"Alright, well I think that was good practice." Soojung pronounces sitting up, leaning back on her hands as Jongin slowly nodded in return wiping his mouth on the back of his hand. Soojung turned to face her childhood friend with swollen, puffy lips. "I expect to hear good results, alright? C'mon now let's go meet her!" Soojung beckoned grasping Jongin's wrist and leading him back to the basement.

 

   It turned out Sohyun had left early and Soojung hadn't even bother to get ahold of her cell number because she pressumed they went to the same school. Although it turned out she was visiting from the countryside and was Hara's younger cousin. Soojung sulked when she heard of this news, with Jongin by her side whom was secretly enlightened and twitching his booty from side-to-side. 

 

"Aww, that's too bad." Soojung moped, turning to Jongin. "Wanna be ping-pong partners?"

 

"Why not?" He shurgged gleaming.

 

"Hey were you two making out upstairs? Jongin's lips are bigger than usual." Baekhyun questioned.


        February 14th signifies love is in the air. School is a mess with numerous amounts of lovesick idiots. Jongin can't open his locker because it's overflooded with love-notes and chocolates. How does anyone besides him know his locker combination? (Girls secretly watch him from afar opening his lock in between classes.)

 

"Soojung can I stuff my things into your locker?" Jongin asks lugging around a stack of his textbooks and binders.

 

"Seriously? Me of all people? Have you not seen my locker, ?" She questions staring at him stupidly.

 

"Soojung!" Jinri scolds her best friend slapping her arm.

 

"What? It's truuue do you know how much chocolate and valentines I got? Kris even drew me a picture of this dude for me, look!" Soojung digs out a drawing out her Herschel bag.

 

"That's a drawing of himself." Chanyeol mutters face-palming. "Kris thinks he's Picasso.

 

"Ahh, I sorta see it." Soojung proclaims holding out her drawing in front of her crookedly. "Sorta."

 

"Soojung just be please get along with Jongin today. It's freakin' Valentine's day!" Jinri exlaims throwing up her hands.

 

"Pssh, Jongin and I get along all the time. Riggght Jonginnie? It's a hate/love relationship." Soojung pronounces matter-of-factly, slinging an arm around Jongin's shoulder and yanking his head down so she could place a big, wet kiss on his cheek. "Ya see?"

 

Jongin snorts, wiping his cheek with his blazer sleeve. "More hate, though."

 

Soojung glares at the tanned korean boy then flicks Jongin's forehead who in returns flicks her. Tension flickers in their eyes.

 

"Aigoo, I'm outta here." Jinri announces grabbing onto Chanyeol's elbow.

 

"You're making it hard for me to ask you out, Jongin." Soojung grits underneath her teeth.

 

Jinri and Chanyeol freeze in their tracks, slowly turning around. "What did she just say?"

 

"Yeah, what?!" Jongin questions equally baffled.

 

"Dress up nice and meet me at Viamma's at 7." Soojung declares, winking and strides off. 

 

"What. Just. Happened?" Jongin asks his jaw wide-open, watching Soojung disappear around the corner of the hall.

 

"I think Soojung may have realized her feelings for you in a weird, twisted sort of way." Chanyeol utters. 

 

  Jongin turns his head slowly to meet with Chanyeol and Jinri's eyes and breaks into the biggest gri., He lets out the biggest holler and suddenly embraces the two tightly nearly lifiting them off their feet as he semi-twerks, perfoms some chest-pops, body rolls and pirouettes in his spot. He takes off skipping down the hallways to who knows where with the Chanlli couple gazing after him oddly.

 

"Something isn't right..." Jinri ennuciates, tapping her finger on her chin peering at Chanyeol, whom looks more confused than ever.

 

Chanyeol nods trying to comprehend, then enlargens his eyes. "Wait, can you explain why there's something wrong?"

 

     Oh. My. God. Second snog session. I told ya guys it was going to get juicy! Maybe I should just rate this story mature to begin with...anyways wooooah freakin' almost 100 subs you guys are FRIGGEN AWESOME! What can I do for you? Update more faster? You gotcha' ;) Hoping to finish this chapter with 100+ *fingers crossed* Keep the comments coming what do you guys think is going to happen? COMMENT&SUBSCRIBE!