Jung Soojung Forwards and Back

Mr. Inexperienced

July 5th, 1999

 

       "What's your name?" A tiny brunette haired girl with twinkling eyes asks curiously to the darked haired boy her age with thick lips.

 

"Umm...Jongin." The boy replies back shyly. He's intimadated by the two beaming individuals that appeared at his new apartment doorstep.

 

"Oh that's cool! I'm Jinri and this giant here, is Changyeol." Jinri gleamed gestering over towards the taller male next to her.

 

"Pleased to meet you." Changyeol grinned cheekily, bowing down along with Jinri as she elegantly lifted a bit of her floral ruffles dress, like a princess would. In fact they were the exact picture of how a little prince and princess would ressemble with their flawless, delightful auras.

 

"Where are you from?" Changyeol questioned.

 

"Busa-"

 

"CHANGYEOL! JINRI! I'M DONE!" A voice hollered out from down the hall, then a girl with an ebony high-ponytail dribbling a soccer ball came racing through. "Whose this?" She wrinkled her nose at the stranger, as she kicked the ball up onto her knee and placed it on the side of her hip.

 

"Soojungie! This is Jonginnie!" Changyeol exclaimed pulling Jongin forward and slunging an arm around his shoulders.

 

"Errmm..it's Jongin." Jongin piped up meekly from underneath Chanyeol

 

"He's from Busa!" Jinri annouced happily.

 

"Jinri, don't you mean 'Busan'?" Soojung corrected. "Anyways I'm Jung Soojung forwards and back." She continued introducing herself flashing a toothy smile teetering on her toes.

 

".....Oooooooooh that would make more sense." Jinri contemplated, tapping her chin thoughtfully.

 

"Sooo Jongin wanna play some soccer with us Seoul kids?" Soojung asked cocking her head "More important question, are you any good?" She leaned closer raising an eyebrow.

 

Jinri gasped astonished. "Soojung! Don't be rude! Sorry Jongin she's competitive." 

 

     The countryboy looked bewildered at the beaming Jinri offering an apolegetic smile, his eyes flitted back and forth from each figure in front of him. Chanyeol was grinning way too widely it looked like his cheekbones might explode. Jinri smiled exceptionally bright with rainbows and hearts dazzling and dancing around her. It was Soojung that his eyes fell upon last as she too, scrutinized him as well through squinted eyes extracting a red lollipop out of her shorts and twirling it carefully in .

 

"What? Do you want one too?" She demanded and without warning she seized the lollipop she was on and stuffed it into Jongin's gaping mouth. "I never really like red lollipops anyways." She shrugged popping a Jolly Rancher into .

 

 Now how Jongin ended up trailing behind Soojung and Jinri on the way to the park, walking alongside Chanyeol whom was now consuming the lollipop that was in Soojung's and Jongin's mouths was still a weird situtation to him.  

 

"Soo Jongin how do you like Seoul so far?" Chanyeol piped up turning his head to face him beaming brightly. 

 

"It's alright..." Jongin replied quietly, his eyes averting to the ground.

 

"Hey you know, you don't have to be shy. We won't bite honest!" Chanyeol uttered biting away at the candied lollipop, as it crunched nosily beneath his teeth. "Well maybe Soojung will, but she seems to like you already giving that she has already offered you candy! It took me 3 months before she offered me one, you know!"

 

"I don't know..I'm not great at talking to girls."

 

"What? Soojung and Jinri aren't even considered as girls! You'll get used to them!"

 

"CHANYEOL! JONGIN! HURRY AND GET YOUR BUTTS OVER HERE SO WE CAN PLAY SOCCER!" Soojung hollered out.

 

"We're coming Soojungiiiie!" Chanyeol called back grabbing Jongin's wrist and as he dragged himto the field with Jongin struggling to catch up.

 

     There was a couple other kids on the field also, which was all the more better for Soojung. Bigger and better game. Once the teams were picked it was Soojung and Chanjo who were brought up to the front for the kickoff from their individual teams. They were both undoubtly competitive with the intense glares they were firing one another.

      Jongin gulped, glancing at Chanyeol whom was on the same team as him (as well as a few other guys they met) and smiled like an idiot flashing a peace sign at him. His head snapped up when Soojung called up Chanyeol to the front and gritted her teeth, spitting on the grass and dug her heel into it. Sulli blew the whistle, she moped unhappily for she couldn't play because her mom didn't want her dress getting dirtied.

 

4 hours later.

 

"Jongin! I thought you were good at soccer!" Soojung exclaimed disappointedly, crushing her apple juice box underneath her hands on their juice break.

 

"I'm sorry." Jongin uttered, avoiding Soojung's eye contact as he distractedly played with a weed.

 

"Don't be hard on the little guy he did pretty well!" Minhyuk stated, sitting beside him crossed legged giving a friendly pat on the shoulder. "So why did you move here to Seoul?"

 

"I wanted to dance." He stated hesitating, then pointed out. "It's my dream, actually."

 

"Wooow your parents moved all this way for you to live your dream?" A boy named Dongho with very thick hair asked in awe.

 

"Ya, I guess so." Jongin replied scratching the back of his neck.

 

"Oh cool what do you dance?" Chanjo asked.

 

"Hip-hop, ballet, jazz..-"

 

"Wait! Did you just say ballet?" Chanjo repeated baffled, his eyes wide.

 

"Well ya, and also jazz, hip-hop-"

 

"Ya, ya I heard those but BALLET?! Ahaha ballet is for girls! Chanjo laughed out loudly, along with a lot of the others whom nodded in aggrement. "You're a -OWWW!"

 

Soojung had reached over and uppercutted the bully square in the face with a satisfied smirk. "Watch your mouth ."

 

    Jinri gasped in her spot turning her attention from Illhoon, a boy whom immediatly found Jinri cute and ditched the soccer game by the first half to hang with her. She learned from her oppa that words like that should never be uttered unless the circumstances were mandatory, which meant Soojung must've really meant what she said. "What's wrong?" Sulli demanded scrambling off the grass concerned.

 

 "Nothing." Soojung clarified, neatly dusted off her hands and rising from the grass. "C'mon guys I don't wanna hang with these losers anymore, let's go back to my place." She stated, nodding at Chanyeol, Jinri and Jongin as she took the lead not waiting for the other to follow.

 

 

"What we're leaving now?" Chanyeol's head popped up from behind some bushes. "Awww, I wasn't done making my flower crowns for you guys!" He moped holding two flimsy, daisy wreaths.

 

"It's okay Chanyeol you can have mine." Soojung called back. Jongin trailed behind Soojung as Chanyeol approached him halfway offering his daisy headpiece, he reflected earlier on how the boys had mocked him about his feminine preference. "Ya, it's okay Jinri can have mine." He uttered. Jongin fell into step with Soojung pondering on how to thank her. He studied her brave, confident head-held high posture, she definitely was not what he pressumed.

                Suddenly Soojung swung her head to face him, as he nearly jumped. "Yah, you shouldn't let guys like that put you down! You follow your dream okay? That's why your family moved her right?" This made Jongin's eyes water. "H-hey! Don't cry!" She uttered. Jongin gave a small smile. "No I'm just happy I was able to meet you guys." Soojung returned back a grin cocking her head to the side. "You're not great at soccer but how about Mario?" "I'm a champion!" "Oh really? We'ill see about that. Race you back home!" Soojung announced sprinting immediatly, Jongin grinned racing behind the pony-tailed girl and thought to himself maybe talking to girls isn't that bad.

 

Chanyeol grinned widely watching from afar Soojung and Jongin getting along, he adorned his daisy crown ontop his perfectly touseled 9 year old head then cupped both his hands around his mouth and hollered, "JIIIIIIIINRIIIIIIIII!"

 

The happy giant eyes scanned for his best friend as he skipped over towards Jinri who had held back and was in the midst of reprimanding Chanjo and his friends with Illhoon by her side nodding to everything she mentioned. Once she was done she hugged Illhoon farewell, graciously accepted Chanyeol's gift  then linked arms with the flower crown maker and followed behind Soojung and Jongin's path home.

 

August 14th, 2004

 

     The 4 best friends were inseperable living in the same building complex. However it just so happened Soojung and Jongin were a more closer pair, as well as Chanyeol and Jinri which made sense because both pairs were completely alike. Whenever Soojung and Jongin bickered with one another and got into a fight it was always Chanyeol and Jinri, the happy-go-lucky peacemakers with their handpicked flowers, whom always ressolved things. Of course it was completely understandable the 4 did everything together, even grab ice creams on hot summer days like this.

 

"What flavour do you want hun?" The ajumma behind the ice cream counter smiled brightly at Chanyeol whom was contemplating what to get.

 

"Hmm..I don't know they all look soo good. Which one are you getting?" Chanyeol glanced at Jinri questioning her. "I don't know Yeollie, I can't choose between Funky Monkey, Mango Mudpie, Cookie Crumble and Blueberry swirl." She answered pouting, her eyes not leaving the glass.

 

"Oh that's it, move out the way I'm hungry." Soojung grumbled pushing the 2 indecisive beings aside. "One Chocolate Mudpie with a smarties waffle cone please."

 

"Coming right up!" The ajumma chirped, hastily putting everything together and handed the frozen dessert across the counter over towards Soojung. "How about you honey?" She directed the question at Jongin, with Chanyeol and Jinri still debating.

 

"One Moose Tracks in a waffle cone ajumma, please." Jongin ordered politely, as the ajumma quickly assembled Jongin's order then presented his ice cream to him gleaming. The two paid with their pocket change combined, reported to Jinri and Chanyeol that they would be outside waiting as the 2 waved them off still deliberating what to get. "Ajumma what do you recommend?" The two already paid customers overheard Jinri ask as they exited the ice cream shop with the bells jingling good-bye.

 

"Those two," Jongin shook his head his cone. "Ugh, I knoow allllll the time. Aissh Jongin waffle cones are soo boring, you should've at least got a chocolate cone." Soojung remarked lapping up her ice cream.

 

"But it's an extra 3 won. How does yours taste like?" 

 

"I don't know like ice cream?" Soojung rolled her eyes. "Lemme try it." Jongin urged. "No." 

 

"What? Why not? I'll let you try mine..." Jongin waved around his ice cream grinning. "Nope."

 

"Soojuuuuungie.." "Jonginnnniiie." 

 

"Give me some!" Jongin demanded. "Go away." Soojung answered turning her back.

 

   Jongin frowned unhappily he despised when Soojung was stubborn at times like this. He bore his eyes into the back of Soojung's skull. It was as if instinct that she twisted her body around and gave a fixated look, the I'm-not-giving-you-any-of-my-ice-cream stare.

    She continued to consume her ice cream. The persistent boy watched her focusing on his own frozen dessert, she quickly finished her cone in a matter of seconds as she cackled tauntingly in Jongin's face. Jongin looked after her with a stern face then quickly leaped forward.

 

"Jong-YAAAAH!" Soojung exclaimed. Jongin's lips had quickly grazed over hers and just as quickly left, he leaned back wiping his lips off his arm smirking. "You had some on your face." Soojung looked at the boy in disbelief, gritting her teeth then lunged at him yanking the collar of his t-shirt with Jongin choking and giggling like a drunk idiot.

 

"Soojung, Jong - yaaaaah! No fighting!" Chanyeol cried out, vaulting in between the two. In result Chanyeol's ice cream plopped to the cement ground. "Awwww man!" Chanyeol moped. "It's okay Yeoliiie, you can share mine I got 2 scoops!" Jinri offered beaming.

 

"Ahaha Jung you should've seen your face!" Jongin laughed clutching his stomach, casting his gaze on Soojung however she was distractedly staring at a building advertisment of a popular airline.

 

"Soojungie you alright?" Chanyeol asked holding up Jinri's ice cream cone one side and Jinri lapping the other side.

 

"Guys, I didn't just call you out here for ice cream." "Alright what else then?" Jongin inquired finishing off his cone.

 

"I have news to announce...I'm leaving to America tomorrow."

 

"WHAAAT?" Jongin, Jinri and Chanyeol exclaimed wide -eyed, all their ice cream cones plummeting to the ground.

 

5 hours later.

 

"Why didn't you tell us?" Chanyeol questioned baffled, clutching Soojung's hand on Jinri's mom's leather chair.

 

"Because you might end up like them." Soojung proclaimed, nodding over towards Jinri and Jongin on the same leather couch. Jinri was balled up on one side bawling and on the other side was Jongin sitting with one arm propped on his bent leg turning his face to the wall every so often trying not to cry.

 

     "Well good thing we're at least all sleeping over at Jinri's for the last time...t-together." Chanyeol choked on his last words and then the tears started to spill from his doe like eyes as he slumped his fluffy head onto Soojung's right hand grasping it tightly. "Yeoliie..." Soojung uttered soothingly his soft hair. She sighed trying hard to avoid the huge lump in with the thought of leaving her best friends tomorrow.

 

The night ended with re-watching all of Soojung's favourite movies, eating her favourite snacks and lastly a remember when Soojung..session. Of course Jongin shared mostly bad ones of Soojung (they had a bad habit of breaking one another's bones) Chanyeol and Jinri shared better, sweeter memories and once everyone got too exhausted to talk they collasped and slept.  

   Soojung slept in between Jongin and Jinri, with Jinri promising to hold onto Soojung's hand until she wakes up to leave for her flight tomorrow and Chanyeol sleepimg on the farthest side next to Jinri because he was a horrible sleeper that kicked a lot and smacked you. Jinri didn't mind. 

 

   "Urrggh!" Soojung groaned waking up to Chanyeol's horrible snoring in the late night. She turned to her left to notice Jinri eyes blissfully closed, hand tucked perfectly beneath her head stll clutching onto Soojung right hand. That's when she heard the sniffling.

 

"Jongin?" Soojung hastily whispered turning on her side and noted on Jongin's shaking figure.

 

   He his side bundled in his huge blanket, eyes rimmed in tears, snotty faced. "Y-you're still..a-awake?"

 

"Umm, yeah Chanyeol's snoring isn't quite a lullaby and Jinri has a death grip on my hand."

 

It was automatically like Jinri had heard because she had released Soojung's hand, "Nevermind." Soojung stated, then froze hearing Jinri's voice.

 

"Oww Yeoliie." Jinri groggily groaned in her sleep. He had outstretched one arm slapping Jinri's face in the process. She kicked him in return, then Chanyeol grunted in his sleep turning on his side and wrapped one leg around Jinri, Jinri hooked an arm around Chanyeol's waist and they blissfully snored softly in unision

 

"They're sleeptalking. " Jongin stated, hiccuping.

 

"Aissh you look digusting." Soojung her side again grabbing the sleeve of her p.j. shirt to wipe the weeping boy's face.

 

"Soojung I'm gonna miss you." 

 

"I know."

 

"Soojung!

 

"I'll miss you too. I'll miss all of you." Soojung proclaimed, reaching out to grasp Jongin's hand and lace their fingers together.

 

"Goooood moooorning Soo-YAH WHERE'S SOOJUNG?" Jinri shrieked wide eyed.

 

"Hmmmm?" Chanyeol mumbled waking upside down with Jinri's feet in his face. "YAH!" Jinri sprung up from her spot glimsping outside her balcony.

 

"Whyyyyy sooo louud?" Jongin groggily groaned, head emerging out from beneath his pillow.

 

"SOOJUNG'S GONE!" Jinri wailed, frantically rushing around the room.

 

"WHAAT?"

 

"Oh! She left a note undeneath my pillow!" Chanyeol announced, after fluffing his pillow and neatly folding his blankets. He proceeded to reading aloud to Jinri and Jongin whom rushed over to his side hovering over his shoulders;

 

Yeolie, Jin, Jonginnie,

 

 

I know I left without saying good-bye, but truth is this isn't good-bye because we'll see each other soon. I promise! I love you guys! <3

- Jung Soojung forwards and back

P.S. Good luck Yeolie comforting crybabies Jongin and Jinri :D

 

"Hmm? Crybabies?" Chanyeol questioned his head perking up after done reading the note, then he heard the sniffling as his head swung left and right to realize the waterworks had already begun.

 

"Aww man." Chanyeol groaned as both of his best friends buried their heads into his pjama shirt and sobbed uncontrollably.

 

I hope this chapter wasn't so long and boring. :/ I brainstormed everything accordingly already and have all the details planned out. Yay! A big thanks to veni-vidi-vici whom has actually been paid attention to my long hiatus and I hoped all the Chanlli moments made it up to you. :) COMMENT&SUBSCRIBE