Irregular Heartbeat

Fluffy Encounter
Please log in to read the full chapter

You quietly closed the door, placed down the umbrella and took off your shoes. Carefully, you tapped through the corridor, trying not to make a sound. You heard the voice of your mom, coming from the kitchen. She was probably talking to somebody on the phone. A bit relieved that she didn't hear you entering the house you went upstairs as quickly and quietly as you could. It was kind of difficult to climb the narrow stairs without bumping the box or your bag against the wooden rails. The kitten didn't find it funny either, therefore it meowed loudly and moved in the box.

Startled by the sound and movement, you almost fell down the stairs and let out a shriek.

*Please don't let her notice* you silently begged.

'Honey, is that you? Are you alright? Wait I'm coming..." your mom said from the kitchen. Your heart missed a beat. "NO! No need to! I'm fine, I'm perfectly fine!" you nervously shouted and bobbed up. "You sure?" she asked you. "Yeah! I'm sure, I'm so sure as never before!" you assured. Tensed, you waited for her next action. "Okay, if you say so..." you heard her mumble and a moment later she started to talk again.

You uttered a relived sigh and calmed down your racing heart. "I swear I'm totally going to kill you" you hissed to the cat and continued to go upstairs, not tapping anymore but much quicker. It didn't matter anymore how silent you were, since your mother already knew that you were home.

In a hurry you opened the door t

Please log in to read the full chapter