Reunion

Elite [HIATUS]

Chapter 3: Reunion

Ha Ni entered the house slowly, basking in the warmth that the house provided on this cold winter night. It was 8 pm and the rest of the family probably took their dinner already. She would go see if Seung Jo had eaten and if not, she could whip up something simple for the both of them. After months of attending cooking lessons, she had actually gotten pretty decent at cooking. Well, decent enough to whip up a simple meal at least! After greeting the rest of her family, she proceeded upstairs to change into home clothes. Seung Jo seemed to have just gotten back and gave her the warm smile that was solely reserved for her. After his failed birthday surprise for Ha Ni, Seung Jo had gotten much better at expressing himself, although he only bothered to do so in front of Ha Ni and occasionally around the rest of his family members.

“Have you eaten dinner yet? I can whip up something quick and we can eat together.” Ha Ni inquired gently, gazing into Seung Jo’s eyes.

“Sure.” Seung Jo replied softly, tracing his wife’s features with his eyes. This is what he looked forward to each day. These precious moments, when he and his wife had the same breaks and he can simply relax and bask in her presence.

Together, they headed downstairs. Although there was no physical contact between them, both felt warm and satisfied with the other’s presence. They headed to the kitchen where they worked together to prepare a simple meal. They have become accustomed to aiding each other in the kitchen, their movements becoming almost synchronized. This warm little bubble that they were in were not built to last though, as they were as usual, interrupted by Seung Jo’s mum.

“Ha Ni, you have a visitor!” Geum Hee yelled at the top of her voice.

Ha Ni hurriedly washed her hands and dried them on the nearby towel, rushing out. Seung Jo followed closely behind, reluctant to stay in the kitchen by himself.

Ha Ni was expecting it to be one of her best friends, Joo Ri or Min Ah. They probably got into a fight with their family or boyfriend again and needed some girlfriend bonding time. What she was not prepared for was this.

Time slowed to a standstill as she gazed upon the face of the man in front of her. Sharp and refined features with broad shoulders that stood out even behind the enormous banquet of red roses. A tall stature and a warm embrace that she was well aware that she fit into snugly, as if it was made for her. Someone whom she had not seen in more than 8 years, but could still recognize in a heartbeat. The same distinct features were all present, the pools of deep brown eyes and the mole right above his left eye. Shin Woo. The name formed in her mind of its own accord. Her best friend and lover of 17 years, before he had turned into someone that she hated to the very core, as much as she loved him. Someone whom had betrayed her and broken her heart. Someone, whom she swore to never see again.

                                                                                                    ~~~

“It’s true when they say that the more you love someone, the more you hate that person.” This is the only thought that is running through Ha Ni’s head at the moment. She had barely recovered enough to ask everybody to take a seat before leading the way to the sofa. Now, everybody in her family was staring at her expectantly, waiting for her to explain whom exactly was this stranger that had suddenly descended into their house without warning. Ha Ni’s mind was for the most part blank. The only thing, the only feeling that she could summon up was that she had never hated someone as she had hated Shin Woo oppa. She could not fathom how he could just come crashing back into her life after all these years, after how hard she tried to hide from her past. Ha Ni could not resist glaring at Shin Woo, which only caused the awkward atmosphere to get thicker. After minutes had passed in silence, Shin Woo finally decided to take matters into his own hands.

“Er…hello. I am sorry for intruding at such a late hour. I think I should introduce myself.” Shin Woo voiced out tentatively.

Shin Woo stood up, still holding the bouquet of roses in one hand. He bowed down in greeting. “Nice to meet you, my name is Kim Shin Woo. I’m… i’m Ha Ni’s boyfriend.”

Shin Woo looked up to see expressions ranging from shock to dismay. The expression that stood out however, was Ha Ni’s expression.

“What…what did you just say? How dare you say you are my boyfriend! We were over 8 years ago!” Ha Ni coldly spat in Shin Woo’s face as she stood up, fuming.

“What? I… you can’t say that Ha Ni! We may not have been in contact all these years but we have never broke it off officially!” Shin Woo defended himself, feeling wounded at how Ha Ni could just easily dismiss their relationship. No matter how angry she was, this was taking matters too far!

“We… we were over from the moment that you cheated on me.” Ha Ni whispered, the fight suddenly gone from her as she collapsed back on the couch. Tears were flowing like a river down her face, as she was once again reminded of the betrayal she had to go through. She clenched her fists tightly in her lap and took a deep breath. She could go through this. She had to.

Ha Ni directly her burning gaze to Shin Woo. “We were over since 8 years ago. From the day you cheated on me, I no longer regarded you as my boyfriend.” Ha Ni stated, voice breaking on the last word.

“Now, I want you to get out. You are no longer welcome in my house. “ Ha Ni then turned her head away, deliberately breaking eye contact with Shin Woo in a silent show of dismissal. The first thing that came to view was the faces of her family. Her in-laws all wore an expression of shock, while Seung Jo had his poker face on. She could tell from Seung Jo’s eyes though, that he was at a lost, with no idea what to do and how to respond to this sudden situation. Just like her.

                                                                                                     ~~~

Shin Woo’s mind was now in a complete state of shock. He had never expected Ha Ni to react like this when he finally saw her. He had expected, even prepared for her anger and sorrow but nothing of this level. Besides, what was she even saying? She wasn’t even making any sense. Shin Woo had never cheated on her and never will. He did not know where she got this ridiculous idea from but he planned on getting rid of it immediately.

“Ha Ni, I have no idea what you are talking about. What do you mean I cheated on you? I never did anything of that sort. I’m sure it’s a misunderstanding. Please Ha Ni, explain to me what you mean. I will prove to you that I did nothing of that sort.” Shin Woo tried to persuade Ha Ni in a soft voice. He knew Ha Ni’s anger was not to be trifled with and was trying to appease her and calm her down.

Just as Ha Ni was about to retort back, the doorbell rang. All the eyes in the room immediately flew to the door. Ha Ni eyes flitted back to Shin Woo. “Who else did you invite to my house without my permission?” Ha Ni hissed out while eyeing Shin Woo with a menacing glare.

“It’s alright, Ha Ni. We should let the guest in first” Geum Hee voiced out, never one to forget her manners.  Geum Hee disappeared along the corridor to head to the main door to let whoever was there in.

“Don’t get mad. It’s not like this person doesn’t know that you live here anyway. “Shin Woo said nervously. He was starting to feel bad for intruding and disturbing the peace of Ha Ni’s family. Well, at least they must be close to Ha Ni if they are living in the same house together. Perhaps he should have conducted this reunion at a more private place…

“What makes you think so? With the exception of Dad, no one that you know is aware of where I live! “Ha Ni yelled, seeing red. She still couldn’t believe that Shin Woo had the nerve to talk to her like that after what he had done and to make things worse, he had disclosed where she lived to someone else. She didn’t plan for anyone from her past knowing where she lived without deciding to tell them first.

“Ha Ni?” a voice said in wonderment. Ha Ni whipped her head around to face the new guest, opening in surprise. That voice… that was Woo Young’s voice! Her eyes confirmed what she had thought. Woo Young was now standing in her house. Without knowing how, her legs carried her forward and she threw herself into Woo Young’s embrace. Woo Young embraced her tightly, eyes growing moist. After so many years, he was finally reunited with his pair, his partner. Ha Ni was the person whom had gone through so many ups and downs with him. She was the person that encouraged him to never give up and worked hard with him, giving their blood, sweat and tears. She was the only one whom he felt the most right with when he performed on stage and vice versa. Things were finally right again. 

 

 

 

A/N: Hey! I'm so sorry for the long wait yet again! >< Hope that you all liked this chapter! (if I still have any readers left…) I know that its a bit confusing now, but many things will be cleared up in the next chapter…which will probably be updated in a month due to my upcoming exams:/ Please comment and subscribe!!^^

Dedicated to my friend SJY, without her, this story would not even have been written out in the first place^^ all the best your exams!!:))))

And of course, to all my readers whom have stayed with me till now!:D