The Start

Elite [HIATUS]

Chapter 1: The Start

“I’m home!” Ha Ni yelled, removing her black heels and placing it on the shoe rack.

There was no response, not that there would be when the whole house was plunged in darkness. Ha Ni shrugged. There was probably no one at home. She shuffled to the kitchen, hearing her bones crack after yet another hard day at the hospital. She had just completed a 16 hour shift and was beyond exhausted. Slumping down onto the chair, she took a sip from the glass of water that she had just poured. Out of the corner of her eyes, she spotted a blotch of white. Realising that it is a note, she stretched out her hand to reach it. Squinting her eyes, she saw that Geum Hee had left a note saying that she had went out for dinner with her husband and Eun Jo. This meant that Seung Jo was either still at the hospital or upstairs sleeping.

A blissful smile curled on her lips. Her husband. Someone that she will thank the heavens again and again, for letting her meet him. Their love was by no means an easy love, yet after everything she has been through, she cannot find it in her heart to feel more content than this.

As she wondered into the living room, the calendar caught her attention, freezing her on the spot. 21st December 2013. Smiling wryly, she rubbed her arm absently as she started reminiscing. 8 years. It had been 8 whole years since she left the Elite. The place where she explored her passion, the place she learnt to call her second home. Although she missed being an Elite, until today, she still couldn’t find it in herself to regret leaving. After all, she would never have met her husband and her current family had she stayed on.

                                                                                                         ~~~

Somewhere else in a dimly lit apartment, a man with a tall stature was staring at the calendar as well. It had been more than 8 years since he had last met his beloved Ha Ni. He made a mistake by agreeing to leave her, believing that they will be fine. However, the odds seem stacked against them. He had suddenly lost contact with her and she seemed to vanish without a trace. Not even Ha Ni’s closest friends were aware of where she was. Now, after 3 years of searching, he had finally found her. His whole face brightened up at the thought. He can finally be reunited with his Ha Ni again.

                                                                                                         ~~~

This was the opposite feeling someone on the other side of the city, Seoul, was feeling. A man stood among walls of mirrors, dancing by himself. Although the room was luxurious indicating how well off this person is, his expression told a different story. There was such loneliness on his face and despair as he continued dancing, his body executing the dance moves perfectly. Yet, he longed for his pair. He wanted to dance with her again, sing with her and feel the deep yet platonic connection between them. When they were together, they conquered the world. Despite many people persuading him to just give up and declare himself a single, he stubbornly stood his ground. He had promised Ha Ni 8 years ago that he would wait for her to come back. She had told him that one day, when she was sure she would not return, she would inform him. He has yet to receive any such confirmation. Hence, he will continue to wait for her. Even if it meant he couldn’t perform properly in the Elite, he didn’t care. He will keep his promise. He will keep the faith.

                                                                                                           ~~~

After a hot shower, Ha Ni finally climbed into bed, snuggling into the arms of her husband whom was already sleeping peacefully. No matter how comforting his arms were, her mind started drifting. She started recalling the past, all the happy times she had and all the bad times. Her face darkened as she thought of the string of incidents that caused her to be where she was today. Away from her dream. Away from her second family. She will never ever fault what led her to her blissful life now and yet she could not help thinking how things would have progressed had she not experienced what she had. She would still be in the Elite, still be with her pair and group. She would have probably debuted by now and be a successful singer and dancer. She would have been touring the world and probably would have married him. Yet, a person from Class F wasn’t supposed to meet a person from Class A anyway. Fate did indeed work in amusing ways. Closing her eyes, Ha Ni let sleep overwhelm her to prepare for yet another tiring and fulfilling day ahead. As she closed her eyes, memories of music notes infiltrated her mind and appeared in her dreams, reminding her of who she once was. However, it was just a dream, wasn’t it?

Little did she know that her time was up. The past that she had left behind 8 years ago was finally catching up with her and will not let her go till she agrees to return to it. To where she truly belongs.

 

 

A/N: Hi! As my readers already know, I’m rewriting the pathetic four chapters that I have already written and posted so far><  There are some edits mainly to help me straighten out the timeline and plot in my head, so please take the time to read through again!:)) Your comments are greatly appreciated^^ Please subscribe and upvote as well!

This is dedicated to all my amazing readers!:D Sorry for making you wait so long~><