A Memorable Night

The Girl in Room 302

× Narrator ×

 

The last bell of the day rang, signalling that school was over. Everyone packed up quickly and stormed out of the class while Eunhae on the other hand packed up slowly. She was disapointed that she got Kai as a partner. Its not that she hates the guy...she just hates the fact of getting a big red fat on her project. She saw that Mr.Choi had not left yet, she quickly ran up to his desk to ask him if it was possible for her to get a different partner

 

"Mr.Choi" Eunhae called as he was about to walk out the door. "Yes Eunhae?" he beamed. Eunhae has always been one of his favorite students. She's a straight A student with perfect attendence and she was always on point everyday. "Is it possible for me to get a new partner?" she asked hesitantly. She thought she was being a big bother asking the teacher such a stupid question but she really couldnt afford to work with Kai.

 

"Is there something wrong with Kai? He specifically asked for you to be his partner because thats what both of you would have wanted" he explained. Eunhae's facial expression fell. "He...requested me as a partner?" she asked slowly, trying to make sure she heard him right. "Yes he did" Mr.Choi said, he took a look at his watch and told Eunhae that he had to head home. She gave him a little bow then was on her way too. 

 

'I cant believe that stupid jerk!! He REQUESTED me?! Is he trying to harrass me?!' - she thought irritably. After looking up from the ground there in the distance she saw Kai flirting with some girl. This really ticked her off, not because he was flirting with another girl but because he follows her around, antagonizes her, harrasses her...and yet he has the nerve to just go around doing the same to other girls. Is he making Eunhae into another one of his toys?! He really is a player in Eunhae's mind and that'll never change.

 

She stomped over to him, grabbed him by the ear and dragged him out of the building. The others were just passing by when they saw the little entertaining scene, it was entertaining to everyone else except Lay who found this to be a little weird.

 

"Yah! Who the hel- Oh...Eunhae? I never thought you were the jelous type" Kai grinned cheekily. She reached up to his forehead to flick him, "Ow!!" he wihned. "Why did you request me as a partner?! And I MOST CERTAINLY was NOT jelous!" she snapped feeling heat run to her cheeks. "Then why are you blushing?" he smirked, bending down to become eye level with her. She rolled her eyes and pushed his forehead with her index finger. "Answer my question" she huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "Is it so bad that I want to work with the girl I like?" he said casualy. Eunhae was taken by surprise when he said 'the girl I like'. Befor she could retort and answer the guys had just came and interrupted them.

 

"Hey guys-Oh sorry...Did we inter-"

 

"No." Eunhae said shortly befor running to Lays side and linking arms with him. Lay chuckled at his childish friend then gave Kai a wave when they exchanged looks. Kai waved back, then looked at Eunhae with a toothy grinn. 'I think I might be getting somewhere with this one' he thought with a little chuckle. "Hey! Are you guys going to the fireworks festival tonight?!" Tao asked excitedly jumping up and down like a little kid with a big grin on his face. "Really Tao? You still go to thoes?" Baekhyun said giving Tao a weird look as if he was acting really immature about this whole festival thing. 

 

"Why not? I think it'll be fun!" Chanyeol cheered throwing a fist into the air. "Of course you would find it fun" Sehun muttered. Chanyeol shot a glare at him then flicked his ear and made a run for it while Sehun went chasing after him. It made Eunhae laugh, and Lay noticed that she laughed and it made him smile. "Do you want to go Hae?" Lay whispered into her ear. She gave him an unsure look, "Will there be alot of people there? And what about our project?" she asked hesitantly. "Probably...but you have us to be right next to you. And dont worry about the project, its due next week. But.. 12 good-looking guys as your bodyguards. How does that sound?" Lay teased with a goofy grin. Eunhae chuckled and playfully smacked his arm then she gave him a nodd saying that she'll go. All this wasnt being left unseen, Kai had caught the whole thing and it made him scoff and kick a pebble making it hit Chen in the neck. 

 

"Yaaah!" he wihned. Kai rolled his eyes then walked away from the crowd. 

 

× Kai ×

 

Pffft, whats so good about Lay? How come she cant smile like that around me?...Wait, what am I saying? I dont even like her! And I have nothing against Lay...He's like a brother to me... Im just...messing around like I usualy do. Ya, thats it...I'm just playing around. But why does it feel different with her? Could it be the fact that she resists me instead of flirting back? Or could it be that she hates it when I flirt with her and not fall so easily like other girls? I ruffled my hair and shook my head to try and get thoes thoughts out of my mind. When I reached the apartment complex I saw two familliar figures...it was Lay and Eunhae. I quickly hid myself and waited until they took the elevator up. 

 

"So you're coming to the festival tonight right?" I heard Lay ask. "I geuss...I have nothing else to do" Eunhae said. I scoffed, 'you probably NEVER have anything to do!'. After they got inside the elevator I came out of hiding.  I had a big smirk playing on my lips. 'looks like I'm going to the festival after all' - I chuckled to myself as I thought of how this night was going to turn out. 

 

× Narrator ×

 

It was already 7:00pm and Eunhae was dressed and ready to go-

 

She looked at herself once in the mirror and grabbed her bag and headed out the door. Just as she stepped out of her apartment Kai was just coming out of his. They both stared at eachother for a while befor Kai let out a cough and Eunhae tore her eyes away from him. As much as she despised him she had to admit that he made that plane outfit look really good...he wore black jeans with a plain white V-neck shirt that hugged against his fitted body.

 

"So I'm geussing you decided to come?" Kai smirked setting that awkward moment aside. "And I assume you're doing the same?" she countered. "Oh you caught me" he said putting both his hands up in surrender. Eunhae rolled her eyes at his sarcastic comeback. They took the elevator down and when the two doors slid open all 11 of the guys were waiting for them. 

 

All eyes went wide when they saw that Kai was already with Eunhae. "Yah! What are you doing here already?" Tao said pointing a finger at Kai. He raised a brow at him, "What do you mean? I live here" he scoffed walking off of the elevator. Eunhae looked at all of them with amazement, 'they never knew where he lived?'.

 

"Since when did you move out of your parents?" Kris questioned. "I moved out years ago...now can we please not discuss this now" Kai's tone was bitter and Eunhae caught on to it. 'Whats with him?' she wondered as she whitnessed Kai's snappy behavior.

 

"Ya guys..tonights suppose to be fun so..lets go have fun!" Kyungsoo said trying to get rid of the bad vibe. After that everyone was pumped and ready to go. 

 

 

×  ×  ×

 

 

 They had finaly arrived at the festival. There were alot of people as expected, but being inbetween of the guys Eunhae felt safe. "Kris! Kris! Kris! Take me to play that game so I can win a panda!!" Tao cheered tugging on Kris' sleeve like he was a short 5 year old. Kris let out an exasperated sigh and allowed Tao to drag him away. Lay noticed Eunhae admiring all of the attractions and smiled. As he was about to hook arms with her to take her to one of the games Kai came along and did so instead. Lay let out an infuriated sigh and glared at the back of Kai. 'Not this time Lay' Kai smirked as he pulled Eunhae along.

 

"Yah! Take it easy befor you tear my arm off!" Eunhae snapped. Kai slowed his pace down and chuckled at the panting Eunhae. "Where do you want to go first?" he asked. Eunhae eyed him suspiciously, "Away from you" she muttered. "Oh come on! Just put your hateful feelings aside for one night and let me take you to do something fun." Kai half complained and half scolded. 

 

Eunhae felt her cheeks heat up when she had felt Kai's hand slide from her wrist down to her hand. He was swinging it back and forth, as much as she wanted to pull away she found herself almost not wanting to. Wich is weird for her because she doesnt let just anybody touch her like the way Kai is...anyone except Lay and maybe the other guys that she feels comfortable with. But never has she thought of letting Kai just grab her hand like that and not fight his touch.

 

After giving up on trying to push Kai away she just went with it. They played a few games and won a couple of prizes. Then they headed to the photo booth and took some pictures. They made funny faces and held up peace signs. But Kai did something unexpected and it caught Eunhae off guard making her look funny in the picture...he had kissed her cheek. She smacked him in the arm and the camera caught that moment too- Kai holding his arm in pain and Eunhae with flushed red cheeks and an angry expression.

 

"Haha, heres yours and heres mine" Kai chuckled as he handed Eunhae the pictures of them. She looked them over and when her eyes landed on the one of him kissing her cheek she shot him a glare and he returned it with a cheeky grinn. 

 

After going around to almost every game, every food stan and every attraction there was the gang gathered back together. "Looks like you two had fun" Baekhyun said with a sly smirk as he saw Eunhae and Kai coming back together. Lay in the other hand had a disaproving expression on his face when he saw them together. But he was soon satisfied when Eunhae gave him an angelic smile and ran over to him and locked arms with him as if it was her natural instinct to do that. Kai wasnt too mad about it either because he practicaly spent the whole night with her.

 

"Come on guys the fireworks are coming soon!" Tao announced, both him, Baekhyun, Chen, Chanyeol and Sehun shouted in celebration and ran twards the area where the fireworks were going to happen. As they ran down the hill both Chen and Chanyeol tumbled down and Baekhyun, Tao and Sehun laughed histaricaly at them while clutching their stomachs and pointing fingers at the two goofs.

 

Everyone else laughed while Kris sighed and shook his head, 'I dont know any of these people' he thought. Soon everyone else settled on the grass and looked up at the sky waiting for the fireworks. "Guys! I brought sparklers to hold us over until the fireworks start!" Xiumin announced as him and Suho came over with boxes of sparklers. Everyone grabbed one, everyone except for Chen and Baekhyun, they grabbed two sparklers and began to fight and use them as wands like dorks making sound effects with their mouths and everything. And soon enough they were joined by Chanyeol and Tao.

 

Lay had two sparklers in his hand, he took a seat next to Eunhae and handed her one and in one flick of the lighter it was lit. She smiled and started to twirl it around, drawing patterns in the air. The sparkler reminded her alot of a star and it made her feel warm on the inside. Lay watched Eunhae as she observed the sparkler, the way the light made her eyes sparkle made Lay feel warm and he found himself smiling. From a distance Kai noticed this too...and his heart began to beat rapidly without him even realizing it...and he hated this feeling but yet he liked it alot....Its like a feeling he has been longing for.

 

All their thoughts were soon interrupted when the sound of crashing happened and the sky was lit with color. Eunhae's sparkler died down and now she was staring up in awe as she looked at the sparkly, colorful fireworks. 'Its been so long since I've seen fireworks' she thought with a smile. She was staring up at the fireworks, and it reminded her of bigger versions of the sparkler. She also was thinking of her little brother...and the fact that they went to go see fireworks right befor he had passed away.

 

The thought made Eunhae smile as she closed her eyes. Once she shut them she hadnt realized that a few tears had escaped the corners of her eyes. 


Hey guys!!! Another update ^_^!! I started another Kai story if any of you are interested! I would like to have your intake and opinion on it :P Well I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and please comment!! And subscribe as well XD Thank you~~ :)

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/638825/the-conceited-prince-comedy-drama-fluff-romance-exo-kai-baekhyun  - Link for my new Kai story if you guys r interested. :-)