Chapter 2

The We Got Married Special


[Day 1 of MinStal]

            [Minho’s POV]

            Seeing Jonghyun hyung went by just like that from the SM building, I knew I was up next. I wandered in my room, searching for things that I should bring to the 3 month filming. I did make a list, but somehow, Taemin stole it from me, and accidentally threw it away when it was his turn to put out the trash.

            Let’s see what I could remember.

            Lucky Charm Sunglasses – Check!

            My hairbrush – Check!

            Gifts and presents – Check!

            Well, that’s by far the only stuff that I remember. Besides, they already packed our clothes, and if we didn’t, we could always buy new ones. I looked at the clock. Jonghyun hyung must’ve met his new wife already. I wonder, who it is? But whoever it is, it surely has to be from the same girl group. But phone calls aren’t exactly allowed in filming, so I shouldn’t call him just to guess who my future wife is. Seconds later, Taemin entered.

            “Yo.. Hyung! Manager hyung is already outside, waiting for you. Oh, and after you, it’s my turn. You’re getting ready, huh? Well, better be quick! Bye.. I’m going to prepare something for my future wife!” that cheeky Taemin. He should’ve realized he’s not 17 anymore.

            I got into the car, only carrying my small suitcase, and also hugging the gifts and presents, and embraced myself for the journey ahead.

*****

            [Krystal’s POV]

            I looked back at the f(x)’s dorm. Luna unnie had already left, and the other three girls that remained waved goodbye from the window, and I could clearly see their sad faces. I waved back, then I did a love sign together with a chu~ sign. They of course, replied back but I didn’t get to see it, as the car was already moving.  I sighed, loud enough for our manager oppa to hear.

            “Worried, nervous or what?” he asked, suddenly.

            “All three.”

            “Did you call your Sica unnie yet? Making sure she knows?”

            “She knows alright, oppa. She called me yesterday night, made sure I knew everything that I should know about marriage, and how to be successful in it. She even bought me a book, you know?”

            “Haha.. Your Sica unnie really seems worried. She didn’t get engaged yet, huh? Too bad, too bad.”

            “Sica unnie? I don’t know why her boyfriend wouldn’t, maybe because he’s afraid of getting bashed my Sica unnie’s male fans? But Sica unnie’s already 24. She wanted to get married before 26, she should do it soon.”

            “I heard that she just delayed it to 30.”

            “She shouldn’t, actually. Mom and dad are not getting any younger, and they couldn’t rely on me to bring them home grandchildren.. Wait.. Oppa, where are you taking me?”

            “Your house, of course. Your brand new house, where you shall meet your husband,” I gulped at the word husband.

            I stayed quiet and cool again, the journey to that place is getting longer and longer by the second. I suddenly got a text message from Luna unnie.

            Jung Soo Jung, Hwaiting! Unnie needs help, too!

            I laughed, at how she was able to text during filming, but I guess she’s in big trouble already with her new husband. Or the PD, or the camera men. It’s either one of them. Hmm.. What should I do..

 

*****

            [Minho’s POV]

            The car stopped in front of an apartment. I got off, waved goodbye at hyung, made sure to take along my suitcase and also gifts and presents then took off. I found an envelope, not exactly found it, but one of the camera men gave it to me. He told me to open it, and position my mic correctly, then read it out loud.

            “Welcome to your first day of your trial three months-marriage. Are you curious to know who your future bride-to-be is? Don’t worry, she won’t be as ugly as you worried. She’s your Juliette, and she’ll be coming any second now to your new house, so be well prepared and ready for your meeting! Happy Marriage!

Love, from the WGM crew. [Your address is = Apartment number 164]” I closed the envelope and put it into my back pocket.

            Opened the door, and led myself to the apartment number. Entered the code password, as the card showed, and later, I found myself in a beautiful and stunning apartment, that had everything in it. It had a full set kitchen, with an oven, a rice cooker, a microwave, a blender, and everything else you need in a kitchen. The interior design was wonderful too. The sofas and loveseats were of the colour red heart, and there was a 24 inch television for us to enjoy. I checked the bathroom, and saw the water running perfectly. And I was up until there, when the doorbell rang.

*****

            [Krystal’s POV]

            I seriously can’t smile right now. I don’t feel like it. And when I don’t feel like it, I won’t do it. Well, except anything that has something to do with my career, then.. I guess I shall do it. The mission card, that I received, just before, I opened it up again, just to make sure I got the right address. If not, that would probably be humiliating.

            Double-checked, triple-checked. Yeah, it’s still the same. I guess it wouldn’t hurt for me to ring the doorbell? Yeah.. Yeah.. That would be good. I will ring it. Press it, Krystal. Press it and find out  your future husband, now! And I pressed it. Ding dong, it went. And then the door opened.

            “Y-.. Krys?” It was Minho. No, it can’t be. Surely this isn’t true? No, he must’ve had something else done here. It just can’t be him. He couldn’t be the one.

            “M-m-minho? What.. Are you doing here?” I stuttered a bit. It had been long since I last saw him. A year, perhaps?

            “No.. It should be, what are YOU doing here,” his deep voice came out. And I mean it, real deep. But it wasn’t like he was shouting or anything.

            “Well.. I’ve got filming to do, here..”

            “OH. Then I think I might’ve been to the wrong address.. Sorry..” he turned his back, I shrugged. I don’t know, maybe he is the one to be my husband?

            “Stop, Minho oppa. Before you go, may I ask you something?”

            “Yes? Ask away..”

            “What are you filming for? You know, maybe CFs, or SHINee’s new MV, or your new drama.. or..”

            “We Got Married. I’m currently filming for We Got Married,” I was right. He is the one. Seriously, the producers really needed those crazy high ratings. Maybe it was because he saw us in the Dream Team Special three years ago..

            “I’ll be going off, then..”

            “No, Minho oppa! You don’t want to know what I’m filming for?” I made an eye signal at him.

            “Well, now that you mentioned it.. Yes.”

            “I’m filming for We Got Married.”

            “Seriously? Krystal? Our Jung Soo Jung?” his eyes widened and circled as if he saw something scary.

            “Yes. It was a group contract. All of us are in it.”

            “Yeah? Us too.”

            “So this means..”

            “You’re my husband, and I’m your wife.” I ended it there.

            He seemed shocked, probably because he IS shocked to see someone younger, like way younger than him to be on this reality show. Our is, well, I’m 19, he’s 21. So, this means.. 2 years? That’s not that big, right? I came into the house, and just stood there like a statue, watching him checking the bedroom and everything else.

            “So..”

            “So..”

            “Awkward huh?” he smiled at me. I just nodded.

            “Well, let’s sit down, first. Somebody told me that the mission’s gonna arrive sooner or later..” he led me to the living room. It wasn’t that big of house, the way I see it, but once you go exploring inside, it is. Maybe because of the interior design, it looked quite roomy and fit for 10 people.

            “So, how has it been for f(x)?”

            “It has been quite good, we’re not really gaining that much anti-fans anymore. I had to endure the sulking, because our manager oppa told me not to sulk too much or it would be bad for our image. I managed, and we didn’t receive that much hate no more. Our endorsements all around Asia had been wonderful, the fans accepted us warmly, and I was glad. No more immature acts for me though..”

            “And how has SHINee been?”

            “Fine.. We recently went to China, for our newest music video.. You know, comeback? Yeah. So, after we completed that, signed our contract with We Got Married and here we are now. The comeback had been delayed, just until we complete our contract. Then, we’ll comeback, and.. go on,”he explained.

            The atmosphere was awkward again. This was the first meet. How badly I wish now for the doorbell to ring. NOW. NOW. NOW.

            Ding Dong! Ding Dong!

            Finally!!

*****

            [Minho’s POV]

            I stopped Krystal from getting up, and went to the door instead. Was, kind of shocked due to the unbelievable fact that she was now my virtual wife. I wonder how the producers chose her. Instead of another member, you know? I don’t really care anyway, I’m okay with anyone.

            I took the mission card from the postman, and got back to the living room. There she is, looking at me cluelessly. I sat down beside her, and opened the card myself.

            “Your first misson for today! Cook a meal, for somebody is coming to your new house! You may go to the grocery store nearby, here’s a lil bit of money for your trouble! From the WGM crew.”

            “Grocery shopping? What meal are we suppose to make today?” I asked her. Who knows? She’d probably know how to cook..

           “Did you check the fridge yet? Then I’d know what to cook.”

            “Yeah, it’s totally empty. What meal are you best at?”

            “Hmm.. Victoria unnie did thought me how to make mapo tofu, but I’m still an amateur at it.. I guess we can make rice cake soup. It’s easy to make, and not really hard to find the ingredients.”

            “Rice cake.. I’ve made it before.. Yeah, on Hello Baby..” I thought out loud.

            “Oh, really? Then that’s good! Let’s go!” Krystal said, as she pulled my hand towards the door, bringing along the mission card.

 

*****

            The journey wasn’t that long, we only walked down the street, and we arrived at the mini mart. Bought everything we needed, the rice cakes, broth, eggs and other stuff. Fortunately, Krystal wasn’t like Taemin, who loved to grab everything that is anything on the shelves. She just picked out the stuff she needed, and went straight to the counter. That’s good, I didn’t need to do the aegyo again, at least.

            “Thank you for buying! Hope you come again!” the lady handed me and Krystal the plastic bags.

            “Wait! I think I recognize you.. Can we take a picture?” we both nodded.

            “You want me to take your picture with Minho oppa.. or..”

           “Well.. You can join in too, if you want. Krystal, right?” looks like the ahjumma recognizes us.

            “One.. Two.. Three! Yes.. That’s a good picture! You know, I don’t often have celebrities as customers here. Can I hang it in my counter?” she politely asked.

            “Of course, why not?”

            “Thanks! You guys be on your way, now!”

 

*****

            [Krystal’s POV]

            That was kind of awkward. People usually asked me to take photos of them. Not taking it WITH them. Maybe because of them seeing me with Minho, that’s why. And they didn’t want to hurt my feelings. I tried hard to smile, though. We arrived home, and Minho oppa started taking out the pots, while I take out the goods.

            “So, how are we going to cook this?”he asked me. I thought he was the one who had the experience.

            “Well, first, soak the rice cakes in cold water first. Then, we boil the broth,” I said, trying to remember what my mother, Sica and Victoria unnie had taught me about cooking rice cake soup.

            “Okay.”

            While waiting for the rice cake to boil, we were both bored. And there wasn’t much to do either. I rolled my eyes all around the place, and later faced Minho. It was time for a game, keke..

            “Minho oppa!”

            “Yes?”

            “You want to play a game?”

            “Sure! This is kind of boring, waiting.. What game do you want to play?”

            “Let’s play.. you know that pushing game?”

            “Pushing game? OH! Yes.. I know that game! But you don’t want to play that with me, I’m quite competitive, you know? And it’s not that easy to win against me,” he grinned.

            “You haven’t even tried me yet. Don’t you remember? Since I was 16, I jogged in the morning from my home to f(x)’s dorm? I’m sporty, too. Not to mention competitive..”

            “Then, let the games begin!”