Chapter 4

The We Got Married Special

 

Chapter 4

 

[Day 1 of OnToria]

 

          [Onew’s POV]

 

          I kept munching and munching on my chicken. I just can’t stop. I’m nervous, just that Key was now away. He wasn’t away, going on filming, but away because he wants to buy some bottled drinks. I don’t think so. I think he’s trying to run away, probably scared who’s his bride going to be. I’m freaking out. Totally.

 

          Our manager hyung had just called me, and told me that he will be here anytime. And also to get ready with my supply of chicken, they probably won’t have that there. I’m worried, really. And finally, a knock came on my door. I opened it, and knew that it was manager hyung.

 

          “Onew-ah. Ready yet? Bring along your supply of chicken, we’ve got  to get moving.” I nodded, and brought my boxes of frozen chicken, into the car. Entered the car, and we sped off to the site.

 

          “Hyung..”

         

          “Ne?”

 

          “Is finding my, *gulp* bride hard?”

 

          “Haha.. Don’t worry. What I remember, is, that yours would be like a treasure hunt.”

 

          “Treasure hunt? Oh no. I’m not good at hunting treasure, hyung!”

 

          “I told you, don’t worry.”

 

          “I’m afraid.. if she doesn’t like me, you know?”

 

          “Nonsense, Onew! Why wouldn’t she like you?”

 

          “Well.. Who knows?”

 

          “You better be more afraid, you know. If she is already married.”

 

          “I don’t care much about that..”

 

          “Hmmh.. Oh yeah, anyway. Here’s your map. It will be handy.”

 

          “Thanks, hyung.” I opened the map. It wasn’t just any map, it was a map of the beach. Are we going to the beach? Cause I have no, what you call them? Washboard chocolate abs, yeah. That’s usually what Jonghyun says. Besides, everybody already caught a glimpse of my so called ‘abs’ on Hello Baby the last two years..

 

          I climbed out of the car, waved goodbye to hyung, opened my mission card. And this is what it read:

 

          “We welcome you to your first day, Onew! Now, just to make sure you identify your bride properly, we arranged a small treasure hunt game especially for you! And here’s a clue on who your bride is: She has been on We Got Married before. Season 2. The clue to finding : Look at the map, find the place where people usually cool down. Good luck! From, the WGM crew.”

 

          Arghh. Sh*t. I’m not at all good at finding things. Huh, WGM Season 2? I’m not sure I watched it. Oh yeah, I did. With Victoria noona, before she went on the show. She was a fan of the Adam couple. A really big fan. I used to accompany her on late nights, whenever she was afraid to watch it alone. It’s not a scary drama, or anything but she was just like that. Because, she didn’t want to disturb the other f(x)’s members beauty sleep. Yeah, I miss Victoria noona. It’s really been a year.

 

          The other person who starred on WGM Season 2 was Ga-In noona and Seohyun. But I guess I can kick Ga-In noona out of the list, there were rumors of her getting married already. The only one to remain is Seohyun. Maybe? Because of the thing I did on Night Star..

 

          I opened the folded map, and there was the beach. I tried hard to figure out, and thought hard, where would people cool down. When the sun is hot, I would usually hang in the kitchen, and drink some slushies or better, ice cream! That’s it! I began to search for the trademark for any Smoothie shop or Ice cream stall. And there it was. I began to walk towards the shop, and as soon as I got there, another clue popped out. Took it, and opened,

 

          “Your 2nd Clue : Congratulations! You broke the code, and now, this mini treasure hunt, that you thought had just started, is already beginning to end. Just to remind you, that along the way, you will find your bride, but she is not your treasure. It’s another thing. Now, make yourself some chocolate smoothie, and you’re sure to crack the name to your new bride. Good luck!”

 

          Chocolate smoothie? Aww mann. If only Victoria noona was here, that smoothie would be absolutely perfect.

 

          [Victoria’s POV]

 

          I walked towards the beach. The car had gone already. I had an opportunity to advice Amber everything she needs to do, before I went to this filming site. A bit weird though. Usually, the crew would be pointing out pointers that we have to do. I guess I still remember what happened way back 2 years ago. But then, we never got to go to the beach.

 

          I actually pity my new husband. I mean, he had to endure the fact that I have been ‘married’ before. I won’t care anyway, if he wants to back away, or step away, because I’ve been ready. Me and Sulli already practiced that if that happens. What would I do, if he rejected.

 

          “Welcome back to We Got Married, Victoria-ssi! For starters, aren’t you feeling a bit thirsty? Yeah, the beach is hot. Get your favorite green tea ice cream, or perhaps a chocolate smoothie at the smoothie shop. Perhaps you would meet your new virtual husband over there? Perhaps.. Perhaps.. Off on your way, now!”

 

          I closed the card and put it inside my mini-bag. I looked all around and around. There wasn’t even the slightest sight of a shop called SMOOTHIE shack. I looked to my left, there stood the lifeguard’s house. Then on my right.. there it is. And it really seems like somebody is already there. Well, I guess I could get a chocolate smoothie in this heat. I went nearer, and nearer.

 

          “Annyeong haseyo..”

 

          [Onew’s POV]

 

          Argh. I really hate these kind of making food that always gets sticky on your hands after you made them. The chocolate smoothie wasn’t done yet, anyway. I tried hard to find the socket for the plug; a sign told me that there was one. Ah! There it is! I plugged it on, crawling back to the blender, and switched it on. Chocolate smoothie, coming right up!

 

          “Annyeong haseyo..” a familiar voice came, through my ears. It sounded familiar, yet I couldn’t remember the who’s the owner of the voice. I thought hard, not even bothering to go up, and greet back the girl. The accent was heavy, yet it was so hard for my brain to come up with her name. This never happens to me during tests, why would it happen now?

 

          “Anyone here? I thought I saw somebody?” the girl with the sweet voice repeated. I hesitated, to stand up. Maybe, it could be, my new bride?

 

          “Ah.. No one’s here then.. Gosh, I must be delusional,” again, she said to herself. After that, she muttered some words in Chinese.. Wait a second. In CHINESE? The only person I know, who loves to mutter when she’s mad is only, Victoria.

 

          “Wait!” I accidentally shouted, automatically held my hands out, doing the stop sign. The girl turned her back, and there she was. Ah.. She is still as pretty as ever. Beautiful, as I remembered, the last time we saw each other. Much more prettier than before, actually. I guess, the older she gets, the prettier she become?

 

          “Ah? Jinki..” her eyes widened, due to the shock of seeing me, in an apron. “What are you doing here? And in that apron? I don’t see the other SHINee members around..”  she started turning her head back and forth.

 

          “Yes.. I’m filming, noona.. Are you by any chance, filming something too? Perhaps f(x)’s new music video?” I tested her, to see if she could catch up.

 

          “Nonsense.. We won’t be together for at least three months.. I’m kind of sad about that.. They are like family to me.. Onew-ah, it’s good to see you again after one year of not seeing each other,” she greeted me, with the sweetest smile ever.

 

          “It’s good to see you too, noona. I missed..” I stopped myself from continuing. I just realized that there were actual cameras around me. I can’t say that on television, right?

 

          “You missed who?”

 

          “Er.. f(x)! No, we all missed f(x). It definitely has been a long time. How have you been? Oh, and noona? You haven’t answered my question yet.”

 

          “Well..” I slapped my forehead, not allowing her to continue. “Sorry, noona! Where are my manners? Please, sit down,” I took hold of a chair, and let her sit there, then I took my place beside her.

 

          “Continue, please..” I don’t know why, but as soon as I sat, my eyes were deep into hers.

 

          “Well, we were kind of busy. With all the variety shows and stuff, so we agreed to do this special, with We Got Married. It appears like, we have to know each others’ husband, and stay together for 3 months. But, every ending of each month, we’ll get to see each other again, but it’s a couple battle. I’ve been fine, thank you. I didn’t actually watch any other variety that I missed late at night with some one else, if you want to know.” Damn, was she honest.

 

          “Noona.. You want to know, what am I doing here, right?” I stopped her from saying anything.

 

          “Yeah! Tell me! Are you getting a part time job, or.. filming a CF..”

 

          “Victoria noona, I’m here on We Got Married,” I cut into her talk. Again, her eyes widened and circled like they were going to pop out. What? Doesn’t she believe me?

 

          “So you’re..”

 

          “Yeah, I’m..” the atmosphere went awkward.

 

          “Oh yeah! I forgot to give you this. Umma asked me to give this to my virtual wife, once I saw her.”

 

          [Victoria’s POV]

 

          He gave me a necklace, that had a heart locket attached to it. I opened the heart shaped locket inside, but there was nothing. I looked at him back, and tried to signal, why I did that.

 

          “What? She told me, for us to take a picture together, and paste THAT into the locket!” he exclaimed. I smiled, showing my teeth, just to show how pleased I was.

 

          “Hehe.. Just kidding. Thanks, for the lovely silver locket. I’ll be sure to take care of it well..” I looked at it, no, stared at it, admiring its beauty. Onew’s mom sure does know how to pick a locket..

 

          As I was looking at the pretty locket, Onew moved from his place to inside the shack. He got out a blender, which inside contained the chocolate smoothie I wanted. He took a cup from the shelf, and when he returned, there was this surprise look on his dubu face.

 

          “To Onew and Victoria. Congratulations! You finally found each other! How do you like your new bride/bridegroom? Enjoy your drink, the chocolate smoothie, and be prepared to set off to your new treasure! 3rd Clue : Walk straight, get out of the beach. Go along the road, til you find a house, that had white gates, with red roses and that is single storey. Good luck and happy marriage!”

 

          He read it out loud, and I was paying attention the whole time. I put the locket back down on the table, to read the card more clearly. And then, he saw me doing that. He took it from the table, went behind me, and said;

 

          “Noona, let me put this on for you. You don’t want it to be lost..” I nodded, and he put the necklace around my neck, I helped him by lifting my long and silky black hair, making it easier for him to clip it together.

 

          “Ah.. It looks pretty on you, noona!” he said, as he showed me a mirror. Ah~ Yes, he wasn’t lying. It was certainly pretty. It shined more with the help of the shining Sun.

 

          “Now, let’s go and find that so called treasure of ours!” he took my hand, and we went straight to the road.