Chapter 3

The We Got Married Special

 

Chapter 3

 

[Day 1 of TaeLli]

 

 

            [Sulli’s POV]

 

            Ah~ It’s so refreshing out here. Even if it’s kind of cold, it’s still refreshing. I didn’t need to go anywhere. Just wait here, at the park. Wait. Would I meet my virtual husband here? I checked the text manager oppa sent me again. Yup. It said like that. The cameras are just behind me, and some are in front, but I couldn’t see them. I wonder if I should make a surprise for him..

 

            “I think I should prepare something.. It would be dull if I’m just going to sit here, doing nothing..”

 

            I went off, walked to the stall, where it had an ice cream stall. Ah~ Ice cream is just what I needed! Even if it’s cold, keke.

 

            “Ahjumma, one vanilla ice cream, please?”

 

            “Okay, but it will take a bit long. Do you want it in cone, or in a cup?”

 

            “Can’t I have both?”

 

            “Sure, dear.” She smiled at me. “Do you have money, young girl? It’s all 2,500 won. I’m giving you a discount for today, since nobody wanted to have ice cream in the cold.”

 

            “Okay! Here, I’ve got 2,500. How long would it take?”

           

            “Around 10 minutes, or so? I’ve just put in the ice cream, might take a while for it to be soft.”

 

*****

 

            [Taemin’s POV]

 

            “Hyung! Where are we going? And why are we not taking a car?” I asked my manager hyung cheekily. I’m soo excited!

 

            “I thought you already knew. You are going to your We Got Married site. The place is just nearby, and you kind of need to exercise, so we don’t need the car,” hyung said, as we walked past a huge green tree.

 

            I looked all around. I don’t think I remember this pathway. Or do I? I think I’ve been here before. Did I? But I have a strong feeling I’ve been here before. I grabbed tight to my package, that had a present in it. For my future wife. What I’m sure is, she should be a noona, or perhaps somebody my age? There’s no way that she’d be younger than me. But then, this program is not appropriate for only 15 years and below. So I guess she could be 17? Ugh. This is making me frustrating.

 

            As we walk nearer and nearer to the site, I finally figured out where we were heading. It was the park, the park that I and my friends, my SHINee members and also, my f(x) hoobaes had went together. The last time I came here was when I was 18. On my birthday. Yeah, it was on my birthday, and that was also the last time I saw f(x).

 

            “Okay, Taeminnie. I’m going to leave you here. And here’s your mission card. Don’t forget to look for your wife, okay? Take good care of yourself, and don’t make anyone else feel troubled. I’m going now, see you in three months, Taeminnie,” hyung waved me goodbye, before that, hugging me, and handing me the mission card. I stood there, saw hyung walked back to the dorm, probably to fetch either Onew hyung or Key hyung.

 

            A blue bird suddenly flew and sat on my shoulder. I patted the bird, but the weird thing is, it didn’t even budge. Usually, birds would fly away if I even bothered to even touch it or say something. But this bird, it didn’t budge, instead, it even rubbed its fur onto my skin. It was even weirder cause it’s cold out, and birds don’t usually go outside in the cold.

 

            “How about you become my mate for today, birdie?” I foolishly asked the bird. Strangely, the bird chirped, as answer that I took in as yes.

 

            “Okay, now let’s see the mission card..”

 

            “Welcome to your first day of filming We Got Married! Lee Taemin, we congratulate you for this. We are sure you’re wondering, who’s your new  bride? Don’t worry, she’s just around the corner. To meet her, you must go to your favorite place at this park. She’s there too, don’t worry. And by then, you will begin your journey as a husband, receiving your first mission for today! Happy marriage, from the WGM crew.”

 

            “So, it’s like that, huh? Birdie, will you help me on my mission?” I did a salute to the bird. The bird chirped again, happily. I took that as a yes, again. I’m completely ready!

 

            “Oh, there’s no map of the park. But if there’s no map, how am I going to find my favorite place? I haven’t even figure it out what it is, yet,” I said to myself. Well, not exactly to myself, but to the bird. People who passed by must’ve thought I was crazy. Or cute.

 

*****

           

            [Sulli’s POV]

 

            Ahjumma was right, the ice cream did take long. Til this right moment, I’m still waiting. I’m not a , I know how to exactly wait. I pouted, as my eyes rolled from one place to another. Seeing the park was really beautiful, I smiled. I heard chirping birds sounds, and soon enough, a pink bird came onto my table.

 

            “Aww~ You’re so cute little birdie,” I came close to the pink bird. It didn’t exactly ran away. It just stood there, and chirped back. I guess it must be in a good mood. And that it, is a she.

 

            “You’re bored too? I know.. How about we sing a little song together?” the bird smiled, or at least I thought it did.  I guess that it meant, it agreed?

 

One Two Three han georeum sshik
For Five Six georeogayo
ireohke dugeundaeneun mameul geudaen anayo
Seven Eight naegeneun Back it
eodigattda ijewayo geudae gidaryeosseoyo
ije naege dagawa saranghanda malhaeyo Step By Me

 

            “You have a very nice voice, young lady,” the ahjumma said to me, as I was finishing the last sentences of Step By Me, an old f(x) song. We had fun, recording the song. And it seemed the bird did too.

 

            “Kamsahamnida, ahjumma-ssi,” I bowed my head towards the ahjumma.

           

            “Are you by any chance, one of those idols? You’re in that popular girl group.. That mathematical equation group.. F.. F.. What was it..” the ahjumma scratched her head.

 

            “It’s f(x), and yes, I’m one of those idols. My name’s Sulli,” I smiled, again, bowing my head towards the nice looking ahjumma.

 

            “Ah.. Yes! My daughters love your group! It would be a pleasure if I could take a picture with you, is that okay?” there was a gleam in her sparkling eyes. I nodded, and still, the pink birdie still didn’t budge off the table; so I pulled it nearer,it got into the picture, of course, smiling and we took one from my phone, and the other from the ahjumma’s Polaroid camera, and also her digital camera.

 

            “Thank you! Could you give me an autograph, please? If you’re wondering why I had these cameras with me, it’s because many idols come here often, have a chat and some ice cream here.”

 

            “Oh.. Sure! That would be lovely,” I gave her an autograph, together with my ever-famous eye smile, and she gave me a cup of vanilla ice cream.

 

            “It’s done, already?”

 

            “No, not actually. But, I wanted you to taste this for me for free, now. For being such a nice idol. Most idols who came here for ice cream doesn’t even bother to introduce themselves nor say hello to me. All they want is their ice cream,” the ahjumma said. I have to admit, this lady is pretty friendly, but basically, she does sell ice cream, and this park is near the entertainment companies’ buildings.

 

            “How old is your daughter, ahjumma?” I asked the ahjumma, while scooping into my ice cream.

 

            “She’s about, 16 years old now. She started liking f(x) when she was 14. Now her room is filled with posters. Her sister’s currently 14.” She smiled at me.

 

            “Aw, that is such an honor. Please, send our love to your daughters. From us, f(x). No, I think I should right them myself.”

 

            “OF course! That would be great, help yourself. I’ll get you, a pen and paper,” the ahjumma striked a smile at me again, and went off, searching for her pen and paper. This is so rare.

 

*****

 

            [Taemin’s POV]

 

            I stood still, wondering how should I get over there. I turned all around. East, West, South and North. Name it all, I’ve turned in each position. Still, no discoveries yet. I scratched my head that wasn’t at all itchy, repositioned my cap when the blue birdie flew away from me. That was kind of weird, since it didn’t budge at all when it was sitting on my shoulder.

 

            “Eh?” It didn’t look like it wanted to go away from me. Intead, it was like a swallow, pulling my shirt along. I guess it wanted me to go with it.

 

            I followed the bird, and the birdie chirped along the way, flying with glee. I had fun watching and following the bird, til I myself forgot my mission for the day. Then, it stopped. Stopped in the mid air. And I saw in front of me, an ICE CREAM SHOP. I mean, it was an ICE CREAM SHOP. ICE CREAM!!

 

            I hurried myself towards the ice cream shop, or as you better call it, the ice cream stall. Some way or another, I found the stall very familiar. The blue bird that told me to go with itself, stopped on the table. It walked, and I saw another bird, just this time, it was pink. They both were snuggling with each other, and it was just a pretty sight. So pretty, that I didn’t even recognize that there was a girl in front of me.

 

            “Excuse me..” she turned around. “Ne? Eh?” Her face was familiar. So familiar. I know who she is.. I know who she is.. Who was it again? Something with an S.. Has the same family name as Minho hyung.. The one that I was the closest to in f(x).. F(x)..

 

            “Taemin-oppa? Why are you here? It has been long,” she bowed. I bowed back to her. S.. Sulli! It was Sulli!

 

            “Sulli? It should be me asking you what are you doing here. Young girls shouldn’t be out in the cold, you know,” I joked, taking a seat beside her.

 

            “This is why I’m here, right now,” I showed her my mission card. “SO, why are you here? I thought you liked staying inside, where the heat is always there.”

 

            “Ahjumma! One vanilla ice cream please!” and I turned back to Sulli. Eh? What’s with the shocked face?

 

            “Sulli?” I waved both of my arms in front of her frozen face. “Are you okay? Why are you like this so suddenly?”

 

            “O..Oppa.. You’re here for We.. Got.. Married?” she said, stuttering.

 

            “Yup! What? So you’re shocked at the fact that I’m finally getting virtually married? Not to worry, Sulli-ah. Heechul hyung, and the others would surely take good care of you during the three months I’m gone,” I smiled, cheekily, while patting her head. I don’t know why I did that, but I certainly did messed up her hair. We’re only one year apart, I shouldn’t even be able to do that. But whatever, I’m still an oppa.

 

            “I’ve got this..” slowly, she held up something, that also looked like a card with some ribbons and pink decorations on it. It seems similar to mine. “Too.”

 

            “What? Impossible.. You wouldn’t be..” I grabbed the card from her frozen hands, and slowly read the description. O. M. G.

 

            “It’s true. It is true. You weren’t kidding.” I was completely speechless.

 

            “Is this a hidden camera?” It has got to be. Sulli had gone into acting before, I saw her dramas and one of her movies, and she was pretty good. Well, so was I.

 

            “No, oppa. You ARE my new husband..”

 

            “But.. I’m 20, and I was expecting somebody either the same age with me or..”

 

            “Older than you..”

 

            “So this means we’ll be stuck together for three whole months?” Sulli let out her worried expression.

 

            “Don’t worry, we have a lot to catch up, anyway..” I laughed, it was a very awkward laugh.  And I mean it, it is awkward.

 

            “Here it is! Ah. Finally! Here you go! Ice cream cone for Sulli and Taeminnie. Enjoy! You guys do know, that you could get a cold from eating ice cream in this cold temperature?” the ahjumma laughed to herself, after handing us the ice cream cones. Then, she went back, and prepared other stuff. Suddenly, Sulli ate her ice cream quickly. She actually bit it, instead of it slowly, and enjoying it, like she usually does, one year ago.

 

            “Sulli.. Why are you biting it? Instead of ? It won’t be enjoyable, then..He. He . He.” I said, just to prevent her from catching a brain freeze.

 

            “I don’t care. I want to get ill, and sick, so that I can leave this site, and stay with Victoria unnie. And then she can take care of me,” Sulli said, with her mouthful of ice cream.

 

            “Sulli, stop.” I pushed her ice cream away. It was only a few centimeters away from falling to the ground. Luckily Sulli has got a good grip, she was able to prevent from the ice cream cone’s fall.

 

            “You do know, your Victoria unnie is going on queue after this? And if you get sick, I’m the one who’s going to take care of you? And that there’s no one at your dorm, perhaps right now, and if you go home, than you’d be alone and cold?” Yeah, good thinking Taemin!

 

            Sulli stopped eating. She looked at me straight in the eye. “If I get sick, then you’d have to take care of me, right?” I nodded. “Then, I have no worries!” She continued biting it bit by bit, until the cone was finished.

 

            “Oppa, you’re going to finish that?” The ice cream, was melting. And I’m still frozen.

 

            “You’re not? Great! I love eating ice creams on cold days!” Sulli automatically grabbed the melting ice cream from my hand, and quickly swallowed it then, she took the tissue that the ahjumma gave, and wiped it herself.

 

            “So, where are we going next,oppa?”