Chapter 1

The We Got Married Special


[Day 1 Of JongNa]

It’s 2012. SHINee has successfully went through 4 years after their debut way back on 2008, and f(x) had been together, and still close after debuting on September, 2009. Rumors had flooded the whole internet, previously, that they had something together. Unfortunately, those rumors, died quickly as SHINee and f(x) didn’t meet again for quite a long time, about 1 year? SHINee was busy and so was f(x). Even if both groups knew about each other’s development, they still failed to keep in contact, and only got in contact only for a few times throughout the year.

*****

[Jonghyun’s POV]

I went for a walk in a while, leaving the SHINee dorm behind. The others were busy doing their own stuff, I was bored and had nobody to play with. That’s what you get for being a 23 year old adult that had no girlfriend. That’s basically why I agreed to star in that old show, We Got Married. But it wasn’t that interesting cause the other members got to participate too. Ugh. So against my idea. The other reason I agreed was to make them jealous. Keke.

I felt a vibrate in my pocket. Taking out first, my Hello Kitty keychain, I answered the phone. It was my manager.

“Jonghyun-ah. Turn back to the SM building. Come now,” hyung said to me.

“Okay, I’ll come. I’m just outside, hyung,” I replied back. I grabbed hold of my chic brown jacket, looked side ways, crossed the street, and waited in front of the SM building. The weather was freezing. I don’t even know why I’m outside here. Ugh.

Finally, a familiar black car came by me, and I saw my manager hyung waving towards me, telling me to come in. I got in, rubbing both my gloves together, searching for warmth. Quickly, hyung drove me off to some place that I didn’t know. I was concerned to ask hyung.

“Hyung, where are we going?”

“Jjong-ah.. I thought I already told you about our schedule. Don’t tell me you forgot, again?” My forehead wrinkled, as I was trying to find the image of my schedule inside my head.

“You don’t remember? Today is your first filming day, Kim Jonghyun! First filming day of WE GOT MARRIED, remember? First time meeting your virtual wife! Jeez, how could you forget?” I get it now, manager hyung is definitely upset and angry.

“Sorry, hyung.. Promise not to next time..”

“Huh.. What to do, what to do. As you grow older, you forget quicker.” I looked outside, to see where am I heading to. In my mind, I tried guessing the wife..

“Hyung! Who do you think would be my virtual wife? Shin Se Kyung, or Lee Min Jae?” I questioned excitedly.

“Don’t get your hopes up for them, Jonghyun-ah. They’re totally hot right now in the markets. And I double checked with their manager already. Their schedules are completely packed and they only have few time to rest. I’m sorry. Look on the bright side. SHINee’s hiatus is coming, and you shall get to rest with your virtual wife, at your home. And I’m getting my vacation!”

Chill, hyung. It’s only for three months. I don’t think there’s gonna be something. I pity my future virtual wife, though. She’s gonna have a hard time, babysitting me. Kekeke..

*****

[Luna’s POV]

Looks like I’m the first to go. Manager oppa said that, today we will be going in turns, to go to our location. I’m a lil bit sad, that I’m going to be separated with my unnies, for three whole months! But then, we’ll get to see each other again after every month.. So it won’t be that bad, right?

It feels like it was only yesterday that I’m 19, now I’m 21 already. I feel old, keke. I hope the one to be my future virtual husband would be older. Should be like that, right? I hope my mom approves to this marriage. And my soon-to-debut twin sister too..

“Luna! Hwaiting! And remember, to do what I told you to do when you meet him!” Vic-umma exclaimed at me, showing off her flashy teeth. Aww~ I don’t wanna leave them.

“Byebye Luna unnie! We’ll miss you!” Krystal and Sulli, the unseparated twins waved goodbye. I waved back.

“Luna, good luck! You’ll do your best, I know that!” Amber unnie gave these words of encouragement. It’s quite  a shame I didn’t tell my mother or my blood-related twin sister. They’ll find out anyway.

Here goes nothing.

I went inside the silver car that has black blinds, covering my face from being exposed to the world. Manager oppa was driving. I kept quiet, trying my best to think back again, what did Vic-umma told me to do. This is weird. Definitely weird. I can’t seem to remember anything. My hands are cold too. Perhaps I should turn off the aircond.. There. Oh oh. My hands are still cold. What should I do? Am I that nervous?

“Luna-yah, don’t be too nervous. You are totally sweating. I can see your face from the mirror here.”

“Sorry, oppa. I’m nervous.. What if he doesn’t like me, oppa?”

“It’s okay, Luna. He will like you, even if he doesn’t, he has to. You guys will be staying for three months together.”

“Ah.. I’m soo nervous!”

“Here, take this. You can hold it or hug it if you’re terribly nervous, like now. This is a gift I’ll give to all five of you, but since you are going first, I’m giving this to you first. Remember, when you’re scared or afraid, or nervous or anything at all, just grab this and hug it tightly, okay?”

“Okay..” I took the thing from my manager oppa, and hugged it til it can’t let out any air no more. Poor pillow.

 

*****

[Jonghyun’s POV]

“Jeez, it’s freaking cold. Ah.. Should have wore a thicker coat. Hyung! Are you just going to leave me alone, here?” I asked my manager.

“I guess this is where we would have to separate. This is your mission card, by the way. You’re not alone, there are camera men everywhere. You just can’t see them. I’m not suppose to tell this to you. Now, goodbye,” hyung waved goodbye. Yeah, I’m still in the car, not budging even a little bit.

“Oh, forgot one thing. Here’s your mic. Take good care of it, I don’t know if we’ll get another from the crew, bye now,” I took the mic, and put it up on my shirt, then continued staring at hyung with my absolutely adorable puppy eyes.

“Yah, Kim Jonghyun. Get off the car. You need to go and meet her. She must be tired of waiting by now.”

“Are you that excited to see me leave? Arghh. I’ll miss you, manager hyung,” I waved goodbye back to him.

I stepped off of the car, and as soon as I got off and closed the door, manager hyung speeded without saying goodbye. I didn’t know he was that excited to leave. I was really afraid to open the mission card. Plus really scared cause this time, there aren’t scriptwriter noonas around. Last time, I really got to speak much because of them. I’m usually quiet. I guess you can find that hard to believe.

In the midst of the freezing cold, I rubbed my hands together, and read out loud [that is what it told me to do] the text.

“Hi and welcome to your first We Got Married filming. Here’s a clue to finding your new bride. In front of you, there’s a building. Go inside, and search for your beautiful bride. She will be hugging a heart-shaped pillow, you will see her from far. She will also be wearing something different than other people wore, search that on top of her head. Happy Marriage and good luck finding your wife!”

“Oh, seriously? It’s gonna be like that? Now where’s that building?” I noticed the silver skyscraper in front of me, and went in. There were a whole lot of people there, and I noticed almost ALL of them are hugging pillows. Great. Now how am I going to ever find my future bride-to-be?

 

*****

[Luna’s POV]

It didn’t took as long to arrive. I waved goodbye to manager oppa, and he gave me a ‘Hwaiting!’ gesture. I proceeded to the building in front of me. I noticed that there were a pair of ears, bunny pink ears, to be exact. Then, there’s the mission card that is just right ahead of me.

I opened the pink envelope tied with the yellow ribbon, and slowly, attached the mic to my shirt, and read it out.

“Hello, bright Sun Young! Welcome to We Got Married. Your future husband will be searching for you, and one thing’s for sure, he’ll be wearing a brown coat with a pair of black gloves. To make sure it’s him, see if he is searching for something, and if he is holding an envelope that has the logo We Got Married on it, he’s the one! Make him recognize you better by walking around, wearing these cute ears. Happy Marriage!” that’s exactly what the card said.

I pushed the back door open, and went through the kind of narrow road properly. I tried hard not to care for the camera man behind me, that was filming, but he said it was fine. I finally arrived at my destination, and I wonder where should I start out.

“Oppa, do you know..” he wouldn’t respond. He signaled to just go ahead and not talk to him, ignore him like he wasn’t there. I nodded.

            I thought hard. “If I’m going at the back door.. He’s probably at the opposite. Front door or center hall? I’ll just got to the center hall. Right?”

I walked fast, not to lose even a second, cause I was worried he would’ve waited for me for a whole long time. And what did Vic-umma told me the most, was to never make a man wait for you, let you wait for him. She’s my source of inspiration..

I arrived at the center hall. Looking around, there was like.. thousands of people hugging the same pillow that manager oppa gave me. I hugged my pillow tighter. I backed off from my steps bit by bit, trying to avoid all of the talking weird girls. When suddenly..

BUP!

*****

[Jonghyun’s POV]

I seriously am going to go crazy like this. Too many girls around. Even bumped my head into someone. We both fell down, and I turned around to apologize.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean too.. I was just looking for someone..” I bowed, not even facing the girl.

“Sorry! I was searching for someone too..” she bowed right in front of me, and I felt like that voice.. was similar in some way.. But whos voice did that belong to? I know I know it.. But can’t seem to remember.. Who was it.. Shin Se Kyung.. Shin Se Kyung.. Lee Min Jae.. Damn it. I can’t even thought of other than them. Who is it?

“Eh?” I looked up. She was shocked too.

“Park Sun Young?”

“Kim Jonghyun?”

We were both surprised. I saw her, dressing a bit differently. With her chestnut brown hair, and bunny ears, hugging a pillow completed with her forever bright smile. She really deserves to be called the shining Luna. Her face changed a bit, but due to maturity. She was prettier than before, I’ve got to admit.

“Oppa.. It’s been a long time,” she bowed again.

“Y-y-yeah..” I bowed back to her again.

“So.. What are you doing here?”

“Filming ‘We Got Married’. I’m looking for my future husband.. But I can’t seem to find him anywhere. I don’t think I even know him and..” I covered my finger on top of hers.

“Sun young, I’m your husband,” she was really shocked. Til she rewinded back and hit the wall.

“Ouch..”

I’m shocked too.