Jason's Question, JR's Shock

Action!: Nu'est M [Hiatus]

~*~3 Months Later ~*~

*JR’s POV*

 

I was a bit depressed after Jason went back to China. I really loved doing promotions with the other. He was a fun person to be around. This Christmas had been a very unique one; special in so many ways. I felt like we all grew closer together as a group and as a family. Aron proposed to Minhyun, which is wonderful. I’m still a bit upset about everything that happened, but for the most part I’ve let it go. Minhyun is happy with Aron and who am I to try and ruin it? I tried that once and it backfired on me so bad.

And even though I learned that Jason really wasn’t interested in men, I had fun bonding with him. He’s older, but acts like an adorable little kid sometimes. And then there are times, like when we would all go work out at the gym, where’s he such a manly man. His abs and arms are no joke. I feel weird thinking this, but I would swoon for him. I would lay on my back for that man. Which is kind of odd since I don’t think of myself as a bottom.

When I wanted to be with Minhyun, I knew the other was a bottom, so topping seemed like the right thing for me to do. But with Jason...I don’t feel the need to top. I want to bottom and that scares me. I don’t know what Minhyun and Ren went through as being a bottom, and I’m certainly not going to ask them anyway. Why bother? Jason doesn’t like men...well he’s not interested in them at the moment. So I don’t have a chance to be with him physically. But I can live with that. Being friends is great too. The fact that even though he’s back home, he still calls us over the computer is fun. I like facetiming with him. His place is gorgeous and puts out tiny apartment to shame.

Speaking of which….I checked the clock and smiled. Grabbing my laptop off my desk, I walked over to my bed and sat down. Lifting the lid, I waited for it to start up and logged in as quickly as I could and started up one of the programs. No sooner had I logged in was it ringing with Jason’s screen name. Smiling, I answered the call and waved as his face appeared.

“Hey.” he said.

“Hey, how are you?” I asked.

“Good, good. I just got back from dinner. How are you?”  Jason asked and I shrugged before chuckling.

“Doing okay. We’re working hard on our comeback you know? It’s slow going. We’ve got the concept finally set and now it’s just getting the songs down and thinking of a name for the album.”  I told him.

“Ah. Well I know whatever you guys come up with is going to be great. Are you going to be doing promotions in China again?” Jason asked, looking curiously at me.

“Not sure yet. But I’m sure we are. We formed Nu’est M for a reason. I don’t think the company went through all that work with yours to get us together just to do one promotion you know? I feel like we were fairly successful over there too.” I said and smiled. “So I’m sure we’ll start promotions after promoting over here in Korea.”

Jason nodded and chuckled. “It’s okay if you guys don’t. It’s not like I’m going to die or have no means of money.” he said and I sighed. That’s right, Jason was famous himself in China as a performer and it’s not hard to see why. He’s very talented and so good looking. I wondered if it was hard for him to adjust from being a solo artist to being put in a group. But he seemed to have adjusted rather easily. But I didn’t really ask him, so I can’t be sure.

“I’m glad you’ll survive then.” I said and chuckled. “I don’t know what I would do if you didn’t.”

“Aw, Jonghyun you’re so sweet.” he said and laughed when I pouted at him. “Why are you pouting? It only makes you cuter.” he teased.

“You’re mean Longfei~” I teased and he snorted.

“Brat.” he muttered and I smiled, waving at him cutely. “So what are you doing now?” he asked.

I shrugged and sighed. “Nothing. I’m just sitting in bed. Minhyun and Ren are out in the living room looking through wedding books.”

“Oh that’s right! Have they set a date yet?” Jason asked.

“Not yet. Minhyun wants to do something during the summer time though and Ren’s thinking of something more in the winter time.” I told him.

“Oh, do you think they might want to do something in China. I can send them some things. My uncle would be more than happy to preside over their wedding too.” Jason said and I bit my lip. That was something interesting. Ren was proposed to at the temple and it was sweet and wonderful. The temple itself was gorgeous.

“Maybe. I’ll mention it to them, but go ahead and send some stuff over.” I told him.

“Alright. I’ll do some research tonight and I’ll email you the links and stuff.” Jason said and I nodded. “So, other than trying to not be apart of the wedding planning, what are you up to?” he asked as he leaned forward, his head resting in his hand as he stared at the camera.

“Ah, nothing like I said. Just kind of relaxing for the night.”

“No, I meant socially. Like are you going out with friends and stuff. Having fun? Or are you just tied with planning for the next album?”

“Ah, well we’re not tied down yet, but I haven’t gone out with my friends lately.” I told him and cocked my head. “Why?” I asked.

“Just wondering. Are you….” he paused and looked up around before turning his head. “Are you dating anyone?” he asked. I cocked my head. Did he really just ask that question? That was….that was odd. Jason really hasn’t taken an interest in my love life before, or well, he didn’t really have to. We told him everything that happened with my love life. How I nearly broke up Nu’est after it just got back together.  I want my love life to flourish, I want to have that special someone with me. At this point in time I don’t really care who it is, but my heart is leaning towards Jason. He is someone I can see myself with if not for the rest of my life, at least for a while.

But Jason wasn’t into guys at the moment. Damn it.

“No.” I finally answered.

“No? But you’re so handsome. How come some pretty girl hasn’t come to snatch you up yet?” Jason asked and chuckled.

“Well I suppose it would be hard for a pretty girl to snatch me up. They aren’t really my type.” I told him and his eyes widened.

“What? What is your type then?”

“Um...well I mean I don’t really have a ‘type’ type. They just kind of have to be...male.” I said slowly and blushed.

“Oh.” Jason said. “Oh!” he said and laughed. “I can’t believe I forgot. You had the hots for Minhyun that’s right. I guess I just thought you were bi like Aron and Baekho.”

“What? Baekho said he was bi?” I asked and Jason nodded. “Don’t listen to his lies! He’s gay and he knows it.” he said and chuckled. “Not that it matters. He’s got Ren and those two are going to be together for a long time.” I said. Jason nodded in agreement with me.

“Until he pisses Ren off. Then he’ll find himself drowning in the Han River.” I laughed at that, the computer shaking on my lap. That was so true! Ren would so kill Baekho if the other pissed him off or ed up again. I really feel sorry for Baekho for having such a short tempered lover, but they went well together; were meant for each other. It was really true love.

“I think Baekho has learned from his previous mistakes.” I said.

“What about you? Have you learned from yours? Not going to fall in love with any more members? Jason teased and I pouted.

“Well there’s  no guarantee.” I told him and flushed some and he laughed.

“What? Have the hots for me?” he teased.

“What makes you think it’s you?!”

“Well all the other members are in a relationship. Baekho and Aron just don’t seem to be your type and I’m sure you wouldn’t even attempt to have feelings for Ren, despite how cute he is.” Jason said and I laughed. Jason knew me surprising well. Was I that obvious in the type of men I like?

“Boy, you sure are bold now that you’re behind a computer.” I and he waved his hand at me.

“I’m right though, aren’t I?” Jason asked. I looked away and sighed softly. “Jonghyun~” he called out and I groaned.

“Yes you’re right.” I said and looked back at the computer. “Yah! Wipe that smirk off your face.”

“You know you want me~. You want to date me~ You want hug me~ You want to kiss me~” Jason sang and I smacked at the camera on my laptop, hearing the echo of the smack come through Jason’s speakers as he laughed.

“Shut up. You think so highly of yourself.” I said and rolled my eyes.

“Maybe. You know Ren and Minhyun tried to get us together while I was there.” he said and chuckled. “They thought I wouldn’t notice or understand, but I did. I kept them from carrying out their plans.”

“Oh? Why?” I asked. I wanted to know why they would do that. But I also wanted to know why he would stop them. I was curious.

“Because. I’d rather get together with you on my own.”

“Eh?! You want to get together with me?” I asked in shock. “Like...like...how?” I asked.

Jason laughed and shook his head. “You’re really cute Jonghyun. I mean like, you know, maybe one day we could go out.” he said. “Whenever I come back over there, or you come and visit me.” he said.

“Oh.” I said and thought on it for a moment before nodding. “I’d like that.” I told him. “Maybe when we go back to China. You can take me to your favorite spots.”

“Sounds like a date.” Jason agreed and chuckled. “So how long can you be on for?” he asked.

“What? You ask me out and now you want to get rid of me?” I asked and laughed. “God, I feel so loved.”

“No!” Jason said and chuckled. “I just don’t want to keep you up if you have to get up tomorrow and do a schedule or something.” he said.

“Ah, well we do have to go to the studio tomorrow.” I told him and sighed.

“Then I’ll let you go. We can talk tomorrow.” he said and I nodded.

“Alright. Then I will talk to you tomorrow. Good night.”

“Night.” Jason said and waved, before blowing me a kiss. It caught me off guard and before I could do anything, he hung up and I sighed. What the hell just happened?  I mean, I know what just happened but I just can’t believe. Jason asked me out...and blew me a kiss. What?!

This coming from the man that not three months ago said he leaned towards women more than men. Where was this coming from?! He mentioned Ren and Minhyun...did they have something to do with this? If they did, I needed to go and thank them.

I’m going on a date with Jason! Yes! Life couldn’t get any better!