A ring for a prince

Action!: Nu'est M [Hiatus]

Chapter 2

Aron’s POV

Well I know what I want to get Minhyun, but it’s not something he can simply open on camera. What would the world think if he opened a ring box that contained a stunning gold band? Well for one, they would think all their fan fiction dreams were coming true. And though they are, I really don’t need everyone to know and the internet be overloaded with MinRon stories. Though, they are very interesting to read.

So, I need to find something for Minhyun that he will like and that’s camera friendly. Anyone who knows my lover knows he absolutely loves the transformers movies. I could get him something like that, but he already got an Optimus Prime mask. What more could I possibly get him?

Well, maybe another movie that he likes? But I don’t really know any other movies that he’s really crazy about. And I’m not about to buy him anymore elephants! It’s bad enough his side of the room is filled with them, I don’t need them invading what little space I have left with Minnie. It’s not like I don’t like them, it’s just that I feel like they’re watching me sometimes and it’s creepy.

Alright, let’s see, what to get?

Maybe shoes? He could always use a new pair of shoes, or pants. With his long lanky legs, it’s sometimes hard to find pants that fit him. Let’s face, all Asians, even Asian American are rather short. I don’t think any of us ever reach six foot or over. Well, except for those rare few who did, like Minhyun. Though, those legs are so ing long and gorgeous. I could stare at the all day long and never get tired of them. Of course, I could spend the entire day just admiring Minhyun’s body and never get tired of it as well.

Minhyun was a piece of art. So perfect, so beautiful.

“What are you doing?” I jumped, turning to stare at Jason. Damn! He scared the crap out of me. I know we were all out shopping today, but I thought it was one on one shopping.

“Looking for my present.” I said with a raised brow. “You know, what you should be doing.” He stared at me for a moment, head slowly nodding.

“Right. Hey, can I ask for your help?”

“I think you just did.” I teased, smirking. He frowned, a serious expression on his face and I felt my smirk falling. “Sure hyung, what’s wrong?”

“Well,” he paused and looked around for a moment. “See I have to get a gift.” I snorted. Yeah, I knew that. We all had to get a gift that was obvious. Hmm, well if Jason was asking me for help, he certainly couldn’t have me. And I know he didn’t have Minhyun, so he had either Baekho, JR or Ren.

“Who are you getting a gift for?” I asked. I would be better able to help him if I knew who it was. Because all the members had different tastes. We were a diverse group and I’m still surprised we’re able to get along as well as he have. Granted we’ve had our ups and downs, with the occasional abyss down.

“JR.” Jason said and turned back to me. “I don’t know what I should get him. I don’t really…” he sighed. It seemed he was having trouble finding his words. His Korean wasn’t that good, but he was getting better it. There were just some things that were hard to articulate, even for native Koreans.

“I haven’t spent too much time with him. And I feel like he tries to avoid me when he can.” I had to think on that. I know there was little interaction between the two of them, but I wasn’t sure why. I didn’t think it was because JR was avoiding the other. I don’t think there should be any avoidance. JR was welcoming of Jason since the beginning and since things have been worked out between him and Minhyun, I know it’s not that.

At least it better not be that. I think I’ll need to have another talk with him, just be sure.

“I don’t think he’s trying to avoid you. He is our leader and you know how busy a leader can be. You’re like our leader in China. We look to you for everything then. It can be really stressful don’t you think?” His head nodded slowly and I was starting to wonder just how quickly his brain was processing words. Was he still having trouble understanding? Or has he been dropped on his head one too many times and now he’s just a slow learner?

“I understand. Still, I wish to know him like I do you and Ren. I know Minhyun and Baekho better than him.” Jason pouted some, eyes closing. “Still, I have to get him a gift and I don’t know what to get him, what does he like?” What does JR like? What doesn’t JR like? JR was the most diverse one of all of us. Despite his once close mindedness and evil, tricky ways (the boyfriend stealer), he was the least picky of us all. He liked anything and everything for the most part.

“Well, you could really just get him anything.” I told him. He gave a look and it was a look I was familiar with. Minhyun gave me that look often. “What?”

“That didn’t help.” Yup, it was that look.

“I know, but what can I say? It’s true.” I said and rubbed the back of head. The other was struggling a lot and I wanted to help him. But I wasn’t sure what I could do. It’s not like we could just switch names, shop and then switch back once we have the presents. Oh! Idea!

“What if I shop for JR for you and you shop for Minhyun for me. And after we get the gifts, we given them to each other?” I suggested. Jason thought hard on what I was proposing and after a while, he shook his head.

“No. I don’t want to take credit for a gift you get for JR.” he said. Ah, such morals, no wonder he’s my hyung. “I’d rather just figure something out on my own. But, really Aron, can you please give me like a hint?” he asked. He looked desperate, despite the fact that he just turned down a really good idea. Nodding, I smiled at him.

“Well, we have this running joke that JR looks like Agumon from the show Digimon.” I told him. “And if I remember, there should be a toy store on the second floor of the mall.” I said and glanced up above us, staring at the catwalks filled with people moving about to the different stores.

“Really?” Jason asked and grinned. HE moved and hugged me tightly and I laughed, returning it. “Thanks Aron! That’s a lot of help.” Pulling back I nodded, patting his arm gently.

“You’re welcome. Remember to meet us at the food court in an hour.” Jason nodded and chuckled.  “Hey, can you take Minnie with you?” I asked. He cocked his head at me then.

“Why?”

“Because I want to get him his present for the dorm, and I don’t want him to see it.” I told him.

“Ah, what are you getting him?” Jason asked curiously. I grinned. Glancing around, I made sure the coast was clear before bringing him back a few windows to the jewelry store I past and pointed to the display case in the window. More specifically the gold band with the small blue stones, which I hope are sapphires, encrusted in it.

“This.” I said and looked back at Jason. “I know Baekho beat me to the punch line on this, but he’s not the only one that had a scare of losing his loved one. I thought I lost Minnie too. I couldn’t blame him if he wanted to leave. I almost thought he was going for JR, but he didn’t, thankfully.” I said and sighed.

“He means a lot to you doesn’t he?” Jason asked and a stared at him in shock. I caught his disease and slowly nodded my head, a smile crossing my lips.

“He means everything to me.” I told him. “And with this ring, I plan to make sure he knows just how precious he is.” Jason smiled so warmly that my heart fluttered. Not in a way that made me want to take him to bed, though that smile did make him even more gorgeous. No, it was such a warm smile, one a close friend or family member would give to someone. That knowing smiling of everything was going to be okay. I had doubts about getting the ring too. I wasn’t sure if Minhyun would be receptive to it, but since Jason seemed to love the idea of it, I knew everything was going to be alright.

“It’s going to look beautiful on his finger.” He said. Stepping back, he touched my shoulder. “Don’t worry, I’ll occupy him, you get his presents.”

“Thanks hyung.” We hugged once more before departing, Jason off to find Minhyun and get him to help him buy JR’s gift, and I went into the jewelry story, intent on buying the most beautiful ring I have ever seen and that I was sure was going to have Minhyun beaming for days.