Christmas Recording Pt. 1

Action!: Nu'est M [Hiatus]

Jason’s POV

What the hell is an Agumon? Korean’s are weird. Like really weird. I don’t understand them and when I try to understand them, it just gets weirder. But Aron is nice and so are the others. They’ve made me feel so welcome here. I guess that’s why I’m stressing right now. I want them all to continue to like me, so this whole ‘Nu’est M’ thing will work out alright. But why did I have to get JR?! He’s the hardest one to shop for. I hardly know him and I feel…like he doesn’t want to be my friend.

I don’t know what I did to upset him, so I can’t apologize for something I didn’t know I did. That’s why I want this gift to be perfect. I guess I can take Aron’s advice and buy this Agumon thingy. Now, which store did he say again? The mall wasn’t too crowded and it was easy to see Ren sneaking about, hiding behind signs while Baekho wandered obliviously by him. They were such a cute couple.

Aron told me so much of what happened between them. And then between him and Minhyun and JR. Their lives are certainly complicated. Like I said, they’re weird. Peering to my left, I stopped and stared at the toy store. Maybe in here?

Walking in, I looked around for a moment. Toys everywhere! I felt overwhelmed really. I jumped as I was approached and spoke to. Not really sure what she asked, but I could make out a few things. Looking at the young woman, I smiled.

“A..Agumon?” It was probably my worst question ever asked, but hopefully she got the drift. She seemed to look me over for a moment before nodding. She started walking and I followed after her, walking down one isle. She stopped in front of a few shelves and motioned to them. They were…dinosaurs? Okay, maybe not all of them, but…what the hell is this?

“Agumon?” I asked again. She blinked before pointing to a toy. It was orange and white and looked nothing like JR! This was Agumon? Okay, at least I knew what it looked like. I thanked the woman and went back looking at all the toys that were this weird Agumon. There were small figurines, big figurines, posters and stickers and even plush toys. What should I get him?

I must have stood there for a while, because the woman came over three times, always asking something. I didn’t know what, so I simply nodded at her and smiled. It always seemed to satisfy her enough that she left me alone. Eventually I decided upon a medium sized figurine and a plush toy. God that was the hardest decision in my life. Harder than the time I decided to figure skate for a while.

JR better like these presents I get him, that’s all I got to say.

~*~

No One’s POV

Jason grinned as he sat at the long table. He felt so happy to be a part of this group. This was something he hadn’t done before and he was a bit excited. The room was decorated with such pretty Christmas decorations. Their presents were stacked up at the end of the table, pressed against the wall, waiting eagerly.

The other five members spent time running around and trying to figure where everyone was going to sit. They didn’t want it to look like there were separation or couples happening. The last thing they wanted was a scandal after everything that has previously already happened.  In the end, Ren sat away from both Jason and Baekho, situated between JR and Aron who was up against the wall. Across from them was Baekho, Minhyun in the middle and Jason who was also up against the wall.

They felt like they were trying maybe a bit too hard, but they were pulling on their acting skills to make it look as if it just happened like this. Monitoring, that’s what an idol’s life was about, monitoring everything they said, did and how they acted. Sometimes, it didn’t pay to be an idol, but they signed up for this life and it did make them happy. So they took the bad with the good and learned to work around certain things.

Different staff members were walking around, one was setting up the camera at the other end of the table with a direct shot at them. Another was setting up the iPad so they could see how the recording was going, since they were having some troubles with the specific site they used for live streams. It tended to stall a lot.

“Alright, and we’re live.”

“SHOW TIME NU’EST TIME.” The six greeted, giving a bow in their seats. “Merry Christmas!” they cheered happily, dancing some in their seats. Their festive outfits adding to the holiday cheer they felt.

“Yes its Christmas time.” JR spoke with a smile. “And we’re having our own mini Christmas party. Christmas is usually something celebrated between couples and as you know, our L.O./\.E.s are the ones we’re in a relationship with, so we wanted to spend this time with you.”

“Because we love you.” Ren added with a big grin.

“Yes. And today, we’re joined by our friend and new member Jason.” JR said and motioned to the red head. The others cheered; well it was more like Ren cheered loudly, Minhyun clapped along with Baekho and Aron bobbed his head.

“Hi.” Jason said and waved. His waves of nervousness suddenly hitting him once more. It was awkward to be talking to a camera like that. It was one thing to be on a show were there was a live audience. Or on a show where the staff was standing behind the camera watching him. That’s who he talked to. This was just a camera. There was no staff, no live audience in front of him. It was just the camera and him and the other members. “Thank you for having me.”

“We can’t seem to get rid of you.” Aron teased, bringing laughter from the others.

“So yes, we’re joined by Jason and we’re going to be doing a few things.” JR said and looked to the others. “Baekho, tell them what we’re doing?” he asked. Baekho, who had been staring off into space, blinked and looked at JR.

“Me?” he asked. JR nodded his head slowly and Baekho smiled, laughing nervously, face slightly flushing. “Oh. Well we’re going to be exchanging gifts we got each other through a secret Santa event.” He said. “And then we’re going to play a challenge game and the winner will get the big secret present the manager bought.” He said.

“Oh, after that, we should sing Christmas songs.” Ren suggested, Minhyun agreeing instantly. The other never shied away from a chance to show off his vocal talents.

“Alright.” Jason easily agreed and smiled at the others.

“So first we’ll start with our secret Santa.” JR said. “Grab your gifts.” Jason and Aron grabbed theirs first and started passing the rest out, the other’s grabbing their gifts. 

“How should we start?” Aron asked, looking at the other’s for suggestions.

“Let’s make it a game.” Minhyun said.

“A guessing game?” Ren asked, eyes lighting up. “Oh, we each get one guess to guess who bought us a present. And if we get it wrong, it moves to the next person”

“What do we get if we guess right?” Baekho asked.

“Your present, duh.” Ren said.

“Alright! Let’s start with Jason-hyung.” JR said. Jason looked at him and pointed to himself before looking at the other member.

“Uh, okay…” he took a breath, not really sure who to guess. “Baekho?” he asked.

“Nope!” Baekho said happily and Jason pouted. It moved then to Minhyun. The taller male looked at the others, trying to gauge who would have bought him a gift. Though it wasn’t that hard to tell. Aron’s stupid, wide smile gave him away immediately.

“Aron.”

“Right!” Aron said all too eagerly and handed over his present. Minhyun smiled and took it, setting it aside.

“Let’s not open them until everyone gets theirs.” he said. The others agreed. Baekho looked at the others, eyes moving to Ren. The other seemed to have that ‘don’t be stupid’ look on his face. He didn’t know why though. 

“JR.”

“Oh come on!” Ren groaned and shook his head. Was his fiancé really that stupid that he couldn’t remember a few weeks back when they drew the names?

“Nope.” JR said and smiled happily.  Baekho pouted as the game rounded the corner and moved to JR. The leader looked at everyone and cocked his head, trying to work things out in his mind. But it wasn’t working that well.

“Jason?” he asked.

“Yes!” Jason said surprised. He hadn’t thought JR would have chosen him, but the other did and he got it right. Jason happily passed over his gift, grinning. The game turned to Ren and he stared at the members. So it wasn’t Jason and it wasn’t Aron who got him a gift. So that left JR, Minhyun and Baekho. He doubted it was Baekho…

“Minhyun.”

“You’re so good.” Minhyun said and laughed as he gave Ren his gift, the maknae cheering happily. It moved to Aron then, who was pouting. Minhyun didn't get him his gift. So that meant it wasn’t Minhyun or Jason that got him his gift. And if he remembered correctly, Ren had been stuck with Baekho’s name, so it wasn’t him. So it was either JR or Baekho. He didn’t think it was JR since the other looked like he got someone he really wished he hadn’t when they drew the names. That much he remembered. And he didn’t think JR would look like that about giving him a gift. He was easy to shop for! So then he was pretty sure Baekho was the one who had his name.

“Baekho.” Aron sang happily. The male grinned and handed over his gift and the game went back to Jason. Jason smiled at them and answered rather quickly. It seemed that everyone but Baekho remembered who had his name.

“JR.”  JR nodded and handed over the gift smiling. They were the only two to pick each other’s names. It was odd and weird, but it gave JR this warm feeling inside him that he couldn’t really describe. Maybe it was…fate?

“Oh, so Ren had my name?” Baekho asked then.

“Duh! Don’t you remember, the last two names were yours and Aron, since that’s who you picked. And Ren was the last person to pick a name.” Minhyun said and chuckled softly.

“Oh.” At least Baekho had the decency to blush. Ren handed over the gift and rolled his eyes.

“So forgetful.”

“Sorry.” Baekho muttered and chuckled. “So then, let’s all open together?” he asked, looking to their leader. JR nodded and stared opening his gift, the other’s following happily. They were like kids in a toy shop.

“Oh yes!” Minhyun cried out happily and held up a sci-fi paperback book. “This is the one I wanted. Thank you Aron.” He said happily. Aron smiled at him and nodded.

“Oh pretty.” Aron said as he held up the hat in his box. It was Nu’est colors, but had the logo of his favorite clothing brand on it.

“You like it?” Baekho asked, watching him.

“I love it.”

“Just what he needs, another hat.” Minhyun rolled his eyes at that and Aron stuck his tongue out.

JR opened his box and laughed hard. He pulled out the plush toy of Agumon and the figurine. He looked to Jason then. “Who told you?” he asked. Jason blushed and chuckled.

“Aron. Do you like them?” Jason asked. JR nodded and smiled.

“I like them. Thank you hyung.” He said.

Jason grinned and opened his present, pulling out the gloves and matching scarf. He had mentioned in passing that his gloves were so worn that they don’t keep his hands warm anymore and he couldn’t find time to get new ones. And here he had not only gloves, but a matching scarf.

“Naw.” Ren whined. “Those are cute.” He said as Jason pulled them out. Jason nodded.

“I know. I love them.” He said and grinned at JR. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” JR said. Ren opened his at the same time Baekho did and they both pulled out a piece of jewelry.

“Minnie, I love them.” He said with a grin as he looked over the newest addition of bracelets.

“I knew you would. It doesn’t take much to please you.” Minhyun teased and Ren snorted.

“Thanks Ren.” Baekho spoke as he held up the pack of earrings.

“I figured you didn’t have enough.” Ren teased lightly.

“I don’t.” he said and laughed. “I really like the Christmas ones.” He said as he peered at them.

“Yay, so everyone got a present they liked. I feel like this brings us closer as a group. We all knew each other well.” JR said.

“Yes, and I think we should do this every month.” Ren suggested and chuckled.

“You’re greedy.” Minhyun said and Ren nodded.

“Alright, so now let’s move on to the challenge.” JR announced as he sat his presents down, the others following in his steps. A staff member walked in and distributed paper, pens and scissors to the group.

“So what is the challenge?” Ren asked as the staff member walked out.

“The challenge is to create the most perfect and unique snowflake. Then the manager and staff will vote and whoever they pick will get the present.” JR explained.

“Sounds easy enough.” Aron said with a shrug.

“Alright, let’s do this.”

“How do you make a snowflake?” Jason asked and the other’s look at him and laughed.

“I’ll help you.” Minhyun said with a smile and the six boys got to work on making their snowflakes.