Aron's Surprise, Minhyun's Present

Action!: Nu'est M [Hiatus]

Minhyun’s POV

Yeah, no this wasn’t happening. Whose idea was it to make snowflakes? I haven’t made these since grade school and I wasn’t good at them back then either. Good thing they never counted for a grade, or I would be in trouble. Glancing over, I watched as Jason worked hard with Aron. It was adorable to see those two getting along so well.

I’m glad that Jason is fitting in. I even had my own doubts about adding another member, but it’s working out so well right now. And I don’t know if anyone else noticed, but come on. It couldn’t be just coincidence that Jason and JR pulled each other’s names. I think it’s a sign. I’m going to have to consult with my partner in crime. This may be easier than we originally thought.

“Alright then.” JR said as he sat his scissors down. Across from me, Ren was sitting back, playing with his headband happily. They were done and Baekho was making the last finishing touches on his. I didn’t want to be the only one still working. There was Aron and Jason, but it looked like they were almost done. So in a rush, I finished off my snowflake and I prayed that it would look nice.

“Done?” The two in the corner looked up briefly and nodded. “Cool.” JR said and looked at me, then Baekho. “Alright, Ren go get manager-hyung?”

“Kay.” Ren got up quickly and left the room for a moment. The door hadn’t even closed when it was pushed back open and he was coming back into the room with our manager. The older male looked at us, a small smile on his face. He gave a quick nod and we lifted our snowflakes, opening them.

I was very happy when mine didn’t fall apart, but it wasn’t beautiful. In fact, I didn’t even know what it was. It certainly didn’t look that well. But I didn’t feel that bad. Aron and Jason’s snowflakes sort of fell apart when they opened them. I looked to the other three and Ren’s was beautiful, absolutely perfect. JR’s was good too and Baekho’s….looked like a child made it, but I knew he put a lot of effort into his.

Our manager didn’t take long to decide and I knew the moment I saw it, that Ren would be picked. We clapped, though I think small parts of us were envious, hating ever so slightly on the other for winning. He stood and went to retrieve his present. It was a small, square box. Opening the lid, he reached in and pulled out the paper.

“For winning this gift, please enjoy one full day of rest.” A grin spread over his face and a small squeal left him. “Package includes three meals of your choice, pampering at the local spa and power to ‘lead’ the other members into activities that you see fit they should do.  Merry Christmas from the staff.” He read.

Oh god. He can boss us around? Even more than what he already does? We’re so in trouble! But Ren was happy and when Ren was happy, he was very pleasant to be around. So maybe this would turn out to be a good thing.

“What? Is this for real?” JR asked, jaw dropping.

“You’re kidding! Don’t give this to him!” Baekho protested and tried to snatch it from the maknae, but Ren dodged, an evil snicker leaving him. It was rather pointless to try and stop it. Ren won fair and square, this was the prize and we might as well accept it. I don’t think I’ll be in that much trouble with the other. But I can’t say the same thing for Baekho. I do feel sorry for him from time to time.

“Just accept your fate.” Ren said with a smile.

“Does this only pertain to them?” Jason suddenly asked, motioning to us. “Or am I included in that gift as well?”

“Oh hyung.” Ren said and smiled, reaching over to pat Jason’s shoulder gently. “I could never be mean to you. You’re exempt from it.” he assured the other. If I didn’t know better, and I don’t, I could have swore I saw jealousy crawling over Baekho’s face as he watched the exchange. And it seemed a similar emotion crossed JR’s as well, but JR got over it quicker than Baekho. Though I understand why he was jealous...is it wrong of me to find it highly amusing?

After everything that happened and now Baekho was getting jealous? Sometimes I wonder what type of brain that man had. I just want to take a small peek inside his head and see what’s going. I would only stay for a few seconds because I’m sure whatever is going on in there was just be downright scary!

“Ah, well then, we should wrap this up.” JR said, eyes moving to the camera. “Everyone, I hope you have a safe and happy holiday. I hope you get everything you’ve asked for and get to spend this time with people you care about. Please remember to be safe and as the year ends, know that our comeback will draw ever closer.” he said and looked to us to see if we wanted to add anything else.

“And don’t forget about our second anniversary.” I added and JR nodded.

“Yes, we’ll be holding a special event for a second anniversary. Details will be given after the first of the year and we look forward to seeing all of our L.O./\.E.s in the future.” he said.

“Bye bye!” Ren called happily, waving to the camera, Aron following and soon we were all waving goodbye. One of the staff members came over and turned off the camera and the live feed and we all sat back in our chairs. It was honestly exhausting to host a live stream show. To constantly think and monitor everything you say and do in order to stay ‘PG’ as the term now goes...mentally draining! That’s what it was! I’m just so tired now. We all were and for a while we all just sat there, staring at each other, at the walls or the table.

“So what do we do now?” Aron suddenly asked and I looked up at him, frowning.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Well the broadcast is over. Are we doing anything else today?”

“Don’t we have practice today?” Ren asked, running a hand through his hair.

“Mmm, we should.” Baekho said as he leaned back, arms over his head as he stretched. I caught the look Ren gave him, that hungry look and I smiled to myself. I was glad to see the two of them happy together, it warmed my heart. Now if only I can do something about that stubborn leader of ours.

“We should get to work then.” JR said and stood, looking at us. “We’ll practice and then get dinner and go back to the dorm.” he said.

“Aw!” Ren whined. “Are we practicing all day? Do we at least get the holiday off?” he asked. JR gave Ren a look and I laughed softly. Ren was cute, innocent and sometimes he said the most stupid things.

“Of course we get the holiday off.” JR said and shook his head. “I think your winter break is affecting your learning ability.” he teased lightly, laughing as he dodged the swing of Ren’s fist. The blonde didn’t stop there and actually chased JR out of the room. I can’t remember the last time they played like that. It’s been so long since we’ve all been...normal. This holiday has brought us back together in a way I never thought possible. I’m thankful for that.

~*~Christmas Eve~*~

No One’s POV

“Why is his nose red?” Ren asked and Minhyun looked at him. “I mean, what’s so special that he has to have a red nose? Why not a blue nose, or a purple nose?” He asked. “In fact, why not a yellow nose? A really bright yellow nose.”

“Because the person who made the cartoon loved the color red.” Minhyun finally answered with a huff. “What does it matter Ren? The moral of the story is that the unique people in the world are the ones that are given the toughest but most important tasks and they always succeed at it.”

“What?” Ren asked, staring at Minhyun with a look of confusion. “How did you get that moral?” he asked. “That’s the most long winded moral I have ever heard.” Shaking his head, Ren looked back at the TV, watching as Santa made his first present drop of the night. “I still think it should be yellow.” he muttered. Minhyun rolled his eyes and shook his head.

“What are you guys doing?” Jason asked as he walked into the livingroom, looking at the two.

“I’m trying to give Ren a lesson in morals, but he only cares about Rudolph’s nose color.” Minhyun muttered after a few moments.

“Seriously! That’s not a moral!” Ren grunted. “Because you have a glowing red nose, the fate of Christmas now rests on your back.” he spoke in a deep voice. “That’s so stupid.” he said. “That’s like saying because we can sing, the fate of the music industry rests in our hands. That we are the only ones that can revolutionize the future of music!”

“Okay that is going a little too far.” Minhyun said.

“No it’s not! It’s what you just said!” Ren said.

“I did not!”

“Did too!”

“Did not!”

“Did too!”

Jason stood there and watched the two argue back and forth. He wasn’t sure how to go about breaking them up. Though as the argument continued, he wasn’t sure he wanted to stop it anyway. It was entertaining to say the least to watch them.

“What’s going on?” JR asked, standing next to Jason.

“They’re arguing.” Jason said and looked at him. JR raised a brow as he looked at him.

“About what?”

Jason shrugged at the question then and chuckled. “Don’t really know. But I’m finding this very entertaining.” he said and JR snorted. They watched for a while longer before eventually Minhyun got fed up and got off the couch and left the room. Ren had a victorious looking grin on his face, but JR wondered if the other had truly won whatever argument they were having.

“Are you done fighting now?” JR asked.

“Mmm.” Ren cocked his head, finger tapping his chin lightly as he thought. “I suppose so.” he smiled. “What’s up?”

“Aron and Baekho should be back soon with dinner.” JR said. “I was thinking after we eat, we can do some festive Christmas things.”

“Christmas things?” Ren asked, suddenly interested. “Like what?” He asked.

“Well, I know we didn’t have room for a tree or anything, but…” JR said and looked to Jason then.

“JR and I went shopping.” Jason continued. “And we bought some decorations. We thought maybe we could all decorate the dorm together and set out the presents for morning.” he suggested.

“Ooo.” Ren said and nodded his head happily. “I like how you two think. You make a good pair.” Getting up off the couch, Ren smirked as he walked past the two blushing boys. He had meant that comment just the way they took it too.

“Thanks?” JR said, not sure, but Ren went off to wherever it was he was going, leaving him alone with Jason.

“Is he always this...weird?” Jason asked, turning to the other then.

“Yup.” JR answered without any hesitation. “Minki has always been the weird one, but…” he left it at that. He didn’t feel the need to continue the sentence. Jason seemed to understand. He simply nodded, but JR wondered if Jason truly got it. Ren was unique to put it in a nice way. But without Ren around, Nu’est wouldn’t be what it was. Without any of the members the group wouldn’t be the same. They saw first hand what would happened to them all if someone left or they were torn apart. That was a road JR didn’t want to go down again.

Which is why he was really hating himself. His feelings for Jason scared him. He didn’t want to make the same mistake he had done with Minhyun. Though it wouldn’t be identical to what had happened, he still didn’t want to risk it and have the chemical balance of the group ed up again. It really pained him sometimes to be so close, but he was dealing with. Slowly but surely he was dealing with it. Besides, it wasn’t like Jason felt the same way.

“Where did you put the decorations?” JR asked suddenly, train of thought breaking off back to reality for a moment.

“Huh?” Jason asked and blinked. His attention moved from the TV back to JR. “Oh um...I put them in Aron’s room.” he said. “Is that okay?”

“Oh yeah, that’s fine.” JR chuckled and shook his head. “I just wanted to know so I can get them later.” he said.

“Ah.” Jason said and nodded. They stood there for a moment longer in their awkward silence. “So, do you want to watch TV?”

“Sure!” JR answered, though he felt it was a bit too quick and almost too eager. He had to remind himself to calm down. It was just TV. Jason chuckled though, finding it cute how JR answered and moved to the once occupied couch. He took a seat in Ren’s spot and found the cushion still warm. JR followed after him and took a seat, keeping a good and safe distance between them. But the safety distance didn’t last for long when Ren came back and forced Jason into the middle of the couch, taking up the end.

“Are we seriously going to continue to watch this?” Ren asked, snatching up the remote.

“For some reason, I don’t believe so.” JR muttered out, shifting in his seat some. His thigh was touching Jason’s and it was really nice. Still, he couldn’t let himself fall any further into love or lust, or whatever it was he was feeling. He had to think of his group now. He couldn’t be blinded like he had been previously. Ren glanced down at him and shrugged as he flipped through the channels, finding a different movie to watch. He ended up picking A Christmas Carol, and that’s where they other three members found them, curled up watching the movie.

“I know I shouldn’t, but I feel very jealous right now.” Baekho all but growled out as he watched the way Ren curled into Jason, head on his shoulder. Jason’s arm was wrapped around Ren’s waist, keeping him close. The older male turned and looked at the three dongsaes, a blush on his face.

“I’m sorry. I don’t mean anything by it.” Jason said quickly, moving his arm, but it was stopped as Ren grabbed it. He looked down at the once blonde and cocked his head.

“It’s fine hyung.” Ren said and looked back at Baekho, raising a brow. “It’s your fault you went out to get food.”

“How is it my fault? You’re the one that told me I had to do it!” Baekho bickered, reminding Ren that he used that damn ticket he won from the staff. Ren simply shrugged then and looked back at the TV.

“Shh, I’m missing the movie.” he said and waved Baekho off. The White Tiger growled and plopped himself down in the recliner, arms crossed and eyes narrowed.

“Oh stop it Baekho. You know Ren’s not cheating on you.” Aron commented and sighed. “I guess I’ll get dinner ready.” he said and headed back in the kitchen, leaving the four members to watch the movie in a dangerously awkward situation.

Walking into the kitchen, Aron stopped as he watched Minhyun pulling the containers from the plastic bags. A smile spread across his lips as he watched the other work quietly. Minhyun was their umma after all and he couldn’t be more happy that he was dating this y umma. Walking up behind the other, he slipped his arms around Minhyun’s waist, chuckling as the other whined slightly, motions hindered a bit.

“Aron, I’m trying to get our dinner ready.” Minhyun pushed back against the other, trying to get the other off of him. Aron pouted and sighed softly. Leaning in, he pressed his lips against Minhyun’s neck.

“I know, but can’t I just hold my boyfriend?” he asked, nose nuzzling against him.

“Aron.” Minhyun groaned. “Come on, you know how crazy Ren gets when he’s hungry. You can hold me later.” he tried to reason with the other. But he doubted Aron would even listen to him. When the other got it was hard to make him think rationally.

“Fine.” Aron said and released the other, surprising Minhyun slightly. “But before you finish, will you open this for me?” Aron said as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box and placed it on the counter in front of Minhyun. The male stared at the plain white cardboard with a raised brow. What was Aron up to? As he reached for it, he felt Aron moving back, giving him some space.

Pulling the top off, he peered in, a groan leaving him. Pulling out the folded paper, he sat the box down. What the hell was Aron up to? Minhyun was not up for his games right now. Especially when Ren could go Mega Diva at any moment from hunger. Opening the paper, he read it out loud to himself.

“I love you darling, please turn around.” Minhyun rolled his eyes and turned. “Aron what are you-” Minhyun stopped in mid sentence as he stared down at his lover. His eyes widened as he took in Aron kneeling on the ground, open ring box held out in his hand and a beautiful sapphire encrusted gold band sparkling at him.

“Minnie, baby you mean the world to me. And after the up I made and nearly losing you I realized how bleak my life would be without you. I know I’m not the best of the men in this world, but I try my hardest. So will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?”

Minhyun stared intently at the ring, the words Aron spoke barely registering in his mind, yet at the same time they did and they brought tears in his eyes. His legs felt weak and he knew he needed to sit down, but before he could say or do anything, the world around him went black as he fainted.

“Minhyun!”

 


Author's Note: I know I haven't updated this fic in a while! I'm so sorry. Life got really crazy after the first of the year. But now I'm back and I plan to finish this fic! Thank you for waiting patiently my wonderful fans! 

Also, I'll be adding a new chapter to my fic We are Raven, so if you're following that, please expect a new update soon! 

Thanks guys! I love you!  <3