Wedding Planning Blues & Secret Santa Fun

Action!: Nu'est M [Hiatus]

No One’s POV

Ren sighed as he closed another magazine and threw it on the floor to join the other five. Minhyun glanced up at him, frowning slightly before looking back down at the magazine in front of him. They were trying to find things for Ren’s wedding. They weren’t going to have a big ceremony, god forbid the public found out about it. It was going to be small; close friends and family only.

Though, Ren still hadn’t told his parents he was getting married, or that he was gay. As soon as Ren said yes, Baekho was on the phone telling his parents. They were supportive, which was good, but Ren wasn’t sure how his parents would act, though he suspected it would something similar to how JR reacted.

“Ren have you found anything that you like?” Minhyun asked, looking back up at him. Ren shook his head as he grabbed another magazine and flipped it open.

“I never thought trying to plan a wedding would be so hard.” He said. “But I never thought I would be the one getting married like this.” He commented and sighed. “I don’t even know what color scheme I want. It’s so difficult.”

“I understand.” Minhyun said as he folded his hands neatly on the table. “But Ren, you need to figure out something. What’s the point in having a ceremony if it’s not nice?”

“There isn’t. But it’s a small ceremony, why not do it here in the dorm or something?” he asked thinking.

“If you did that, you would still want to decorate the house to be nice right? So either way, you’ll need to figure out something.” Minhyun reminded him. Ren whined and kicked his feet lightly in his chair, fingers digging into his hair.

“Oh I can’t do this! This is too stressful!” he grunted and fell back on the chair, staring up at the ceiling. He was so lost and it didn’t help that Baekho wanted to stay out of the wedding planning, since that was a ‘girl’s’ thing to do.  Minhyun stood from his seat and walked around to the once blond, now brunette. Lifting Ren’s hand, he held it over the other’s face, engagement ring shining brightly in his eyes.

“It may be stressful, but it’ll be worth it won’t it?” he asked. “I mean, this ring is just so gorgeous and you have a gorgeous fiancé, might as well have a gorgeous wedding to start off the rest of your life right.”

“But Minnie, I can’t figure anything out!” Ren said, pulling his hand from the other, sighing deeply.

“That’s why you have me.” Minhyun grinned, staring down at the other. “I’ll help you. Now, how about we just look through the magazines once more and pick out a color scheme.” He suggested.

“But I don’t like any of them!” Ren protested.

“Oh come on!” Minhyun groaned. “You don’t have to use the exact schemes in the magazine; you can mix the colors from one scheme with the other. Just pick out the colors you like and we’ll figure the rest out.” Sitting up straight, Ren stared at his friend for a moment before nodding.

“Alright, let’s do this.” He said and grabbed another magazine and opened it. Minhyun smiled widely and took his seat once more and started looking at the pictures, pointing out the colors he liked and getting Ren’s opinion. In the end, they wound up with a list of ten different colors, with Ren’s top three as the main colors to use. But it was always good to have backup colors in case some things didn’t come in that color.

~*~

“So how’s the wedding planning coming?” Jason asked, taking a seat across from Ren and Baekho in the practice room.  It was almost lunch time, and the managers were out getting their food.

“It’s coming.” Ren said and smiled at the other.

“Really? Do you need any help?” Jason asked, leaning in.

“Hey, don’t offer.” Baekho said and grinned. “Ren and Minhyun got it covered and we don’t want to get in the way of the girls planning.” He teased, laughing as Ren smacked his arm.

“It would be easier if you did help you lazy oaf!” Ren cursed at him, though it hardly fazed Baekho anymore. He would take any name calling and cursing over losing Ren. Compared to what they had been through, this was a simple game to them. Leaning down, he stole a quick kiss from his beautiful fiancé, pulling a blush from Ren.

“Aw, you two are just so cute together.” Aron commented, plopping down in his seat at the fold out table. He looked between Jason, Baekho and Ren and chuckled, patting Jason’s shoulder. The other looked a bit jealous, but who wouldn’t when the y and cute Ren was taken by the handsome Baekho. If things were different and he wasn’t in love with Minhyun, Aron would have a tough choice over who to try to date between the two, or even the three of them because Jason was very handsome. But not really his type.

“It’ll be alright hyung. You’ll find someone eventually.” Jason jerked and laughed nervously.

“I’m not envious or anything like that.” Jason protested and smiled. “I’m just glad everyone is happy. You know, you told me a lot and for a while I was worried about meeting you all.” Glancing to Ren and Baekho then, he nodded.

“Really glad I could help get things better for you.”

“Oh yeah thank you.” Baekho said and grinned, slipping his arm around Ren’s shoulder, pulling him close. “If you hadn’t suggested that temple, I don’t think I would have gotten up the courage. And your uncle is very nice.”

“Thanks, he’s always willing to help people who need it.” Jason said and chuckled. Silence fell between them and it was comfortable. But it didn’t last, as Ren’s curiosity got the best of him and his memory kicked in.

“Hey Jason-hyung, what do you think of JR-hyung?” he asked, brown eyes staring at him intently.

“JR?” Jason asked and cocked his head, thinking for a moment. “He’s pretty cool to be honest.” He said and grinned. “And a good rapper. He’s my tutor.”

“Hey, I thought you liked my rapping.” Aron pouted, pushing Jason lightly.

“Ow.” Jason grunted as he was pushed. “Don’t push this uncle.” He teased and sighed. “I do like your rapping Aron.” He said. “You’re English rapping. I like JR’s Korean rapping better.” He said. “He can do it so fast without stumbling over the lyrics.”

“Oh he’s so good!” Ren agreed. “And he can do it on the fly. I wish I was that talented.”  Baekho nudged him and smiled.

“Babe, you are talented. And beautiful and perfect and…”

“Alright you two.” Minhyun cut in, pressing his hands to Baekho and Ren’s cheek, pushing them apart. “Enough with the lovey dovey stuff.” He said, grinning. Ren pulled back, glaring up at the other before snickering.

“Jealous?” Minhyun’s eyes widened and stared down at the other, snorting.

“Jealous? Me? No way.” He said. He moved around the table and pulled out Aron’s chair, with the other in it and sat in his lap. “Why should I be jealous when I have my Aronnie.” He cooed lightly, nuzzling their noses together.

“Oh god.” Jason groaned, turning from them slightly. “They are worse than you two.” He said and pointed to Baekho and Ren, making them laugh.

“We’re not that bad.” Minhyun said and kissed Aron lightly before looking back at Jason. “You know, you need a boyfriend.” He said.

“Or girlfriend, we don’t discriminate.” Ren added, throwing Minhyun a look. The last thing they needed was for Jason to get suspicious and think they were trying to set him up before they even tried to set him up.

“Mmm, I don’t think so.” Jason said, shaking his head. “I’d rather focus on Nu’est M for a while. We just started it, so it should be my main focus.” He said with a nod. He was the hyung after all. Though not the leader, he still had a lot of responsibilities, especially when it came to promotions in China, they all came down to him. So the group was more important than finding someone for himself. And if he was going to have the luck the rest of the group had, he’d rather steer clear of relationships until he was mentally prepared for all the pain it was going to bring.

“Spoken like a true hyung.” Baekho nodded, smiling.

“Here, here.” Aron added. “Besides, you still have a few good years left in you.” He joked, making Jason pout.

“Meanie.”

“Lunch is here.” The boys turned and grinned as the food was brought in by the managers and set out on the table in front of them. “Where’s JR?” the manager asked. Looking between each other, they all shrugged, not entirely sure where their leader had gotten off to.

“Baekho go find him.” Baekho nodded and just as he stood, the missing male appeared, taking his seat.

“Sorry, I was in the restroom.” JR said and smiled at them before looking to the food. “Oh man, it looks so good.” He said.

“Sure does.” Ren said. They all took turns gathering their food on their plate, leaving Baekho and his bottomless pit of a stomach last.  As they ate, a manager came over and sat a bowl in the middle of the table.

“We’re going to do a special broadcast for Christmas and we’ll exchange presents on camera.” He said. “Pick a name so you know who you’ll buy for.”

“Oh, we’re doing a secret Santa? This is going to be awesome.” Aron said, suddenly excited and hoping to god that he got Minhyun. Reaching around his lover, he grabbed a paper first, pulling it out. Sitting back he cupped it so Minhyun couldn’t see. He wanted to cheer and shout as he read Minhyun’s name. He was so happy. He knew what he was getting his lover already.

“My turn!” Minhyun said happily and reached over, grabbing a name. He opened the paper and chuckled. He got Ren, which was going to be easy for him. Though he had to remember, he couldn’t get the other anything that couldn’t be shown on camera. So some of his gifts were just going to have to wait to be open until they were back at home.

“My turn?” Jason asked, looking at the others.

“Yeah, and then JR, Baekho and I’ll go last.” Ren said and grinned. “Save the best for last.”

Jason chuckled and reached in, pulling out a name. He was hoping to get Ren. After meeting them all, he bonded fairly quickly with Aron and Ren. They were both funny and fun to be around. But any of them would be fine, since he was friends with them all. It was a good way to get to know the other’s better, he thought. Opening his paper, he stared in shock. The last person he thought he was going to get was JR, but there was his name, plain as day.

“So we don’t tell anyone who we got right?” Jason asked.

“Well, you can, as long as it’s not the person whose name is on the paper.” Aron explained. “And as long as it’s someone who can keep a secret.” He added and looked to Minhyun then.

“What? I can keep a secret.” He said.

“Right, and I’m straight.” Aron said and smirked, taking the hit Minhyun gave him.

“Okay. So if I need help, I can ask someone?” Jason asked.

“Yeah, don’t worry, we all know each other very well. We’ll be able to help you get a gift for one of us.” Ren assured him, smiling as Jason smiled back, looking relieved. JR nodded and reached in, taking his paper silently. He was praying for Ren, or Minhyun, even Baekho. Anyone but Jason. It was bad enough he was having feelings for the other, feelings that were similar to the ones he had for Minhyun (well still had) but at the same time, they were different.

Warmer if that made sense.

As he read the name on the paper he pulled, he frowned and groaned. He got Jason. Damn!

“Who did you get?” Baekho asked. “You look like you got manager-hyung or someone.” He said.

“I got someone.” JR answered and shook his head. “I can’t say who, since that person is at the table.” He reminded him.

“Oh right.” Baekho said and took his turn. He grabbed one of the last two papers and frowned as he read it. “If it says my name, do I have to draw again?” he asked.

“Yes.” Aron said. Baekho nodded and folded the paper back and put it in the bowl. He grabbed the other paper and read the name, nodding. He picked Aron. Not a bad person to get. Aron would want a hat or a coat or something. Something simple. He was pleased with his choosing.

Ren sighed and sat back, shaking his head. “Are you going to take the name?” Minhyun asked.

“Why? We already know who I got.” Ren said. If it was one name and Baekho’s name and Baekho couldn’t choose himself, then it was obvious who Ren would pull.

“Ah, early wedding present then?” Minhyun teased. Ren laughed and shook his head. “You’ll just have to wait and see. Though it’s going to be interesting to see who got what for whom for Christmas.”

“Yup. It’s going to be one fun Christmas this year.” Aron agreed. The only problem now is trying to figure out when they can go shopping to get these presents and bring them home without anyone seeing.

Tis the Season to be sneaky!


 

[Just wanted to let you all know, when I was writing the secret santa part, I actually put everyone's name on a peice of paper and randomly drew. I already intended for JR to get Jason, but it was a fluke that Aron got Minhyun and Jason got JR, but it worked right? 

Can't wait to see how the rest of it will go! And what will Ren get Baekho for Christmas?

If you enjoyed the post, review please! Reading your reviews helps me to get more posts done! And just so everyone is clear, this installment is obviously set to their current and future activities (all of which I don't know about) so most of it is going to be made up. I just want everyone to be aware of it, that most of this is going to be made up (like it's not already XP).

Thank you, love you all! heart]