Hidden

exo oneshot collection

The moment when Jongdae hears loud knocks on his door, he knows that he’s screwed. Shouts of “Open up!” and “We have a warrant to search this vicinity,” scare him less, but neverless, he puts up a brave front and stalks to the door. He tells himself that he’s brave. He’s not going to chicken out. He won’t rat Baekhyun out. He can’t.

 

Jongdae opens the door to find two burly men (almost as burly as Kim Jongkook), clad in matching midnight blue uniforms and guns at their sides. Jongdae notes the silver pair of handcuffs and gulps. This won’t turn out good. Things like this rarely do.

 

“Yes, officers?” Jongdae asks, before he gives a small bow of respect.

 

“We’re looking for a Byun Baekhyun? Resources say that he lives here?” the officer on the left states, a hint of question in his tone. Jongdae only nods his head calmly, trying to not give the impression that he’s nervous. The officer is huge. He has a scar on the right side of his face, but his facial expressions are pressed clear: hard and unmoving.

 

“He stays here sometimes. I’m his boyfriend,” Jongdae replies, and he opens up the door wider and welcomes them in.

 

The officer on the right scoffs. Jongdae notes that he is slighter smaller than the other one, but he’s still pretty fit and strong. His face shows little mercy, as he eyes the place for any evidence of Baekhyun.

 

Jongdae’s place is relatively normal; it has his jackets shrewn everywhere, his socks are in a pile near the washing machine, his kitchen has boxes of cereal littering the countertops, and his laptop is . There’s a little area where Baekhyun keeps all of his magazines, and Baekhyun’s coffee mug is still in the same position from yesterday morning. Next to Baekhyun’s coffee mug, is his phone.

 

Leftie, as Jongdae likes to call him, swipes up the cellular device and clicks through the screen. Jongdae has nothing to hide. His texts with Baekhyun were relatively vague; him asking if the other was hungry, Baekhyun replying that he had already ate before he left. The texts don’t give much evidence, so Leftie places the phone back down, and Rightie moves onto the laptop. Jongdae takes a seat on the ground and watches the two search through all of his things before moving onto his bedroom.

 

They find many of Jongdae’s things that Baekhyun had bought him: couple bracelets, a couple of sweatshirts, and a bottle of Lysol. There’s the karaoke machine, and the new pack of briefs, but Jongdae doesn’t mind them finding such things. He knows that much more was at stake. He knew that there was much at risk when he fell in love with Korea’s most wanted man.

 

< : >

 

Baekhyun is running, and he’s running fast. He’s alley hopping, running from street to street behind buildings and out of sight. He found out about Sehun, who only allowed him to work at his shop just so he could turn Baekhyun into the authorities. Baekhyun shouldn’t have trusted him. Baekhyun shouldn’t be trusting anyone anymore, but what could he do? He had to get by.

 

He probably can’t even trust Jongdae anymore. The person he loved, Baekhyun laughs, the person who he shared kisses and told him that he loved him. Jongdae is probably ratting him out to the police now. All he can do is hide. There’s nothing else to do, but sit and hide. It’s what he has been doing for most of his life. His mom has hidden him from his father, and now he has to hide himself.

 

The world is cruel, but Baekhyun figures there was a price to pay when you’re given life.

 

He stops at a dead end and slides behind a dumpster. It smells of rotten kimchi and moldy bread. Baekhyun used to be familiar with the smell, but ever since Jongdae took him in, the only familiar smell to him is peppermint soap. Baekhyun regrets that he never got to say an actual goodbye to his boyfriend, but what was the point, right? Jongdae knows all of his hiding places. Who knows what could happen. He’s hiding across from one of them now.

 

The police could be searching for him throughout Naju right now, and it was because he wasn’t being careful. He trusted too much, and now he can’t look back.

 

Baekhyun rests his head on the cold, brick wall behind him. Towers of plastic bags hide his existence. Baekhyun closes his eyes, and he prays that he isn’t found. He wants to stay un-found.

 

Hidden.

 

< : >

 

“He’s probably on his way to France right now. He left just yesterday. He told me not to come with him, but I didn’t know why until now,” Jongdae tells the officers, as they are interrogating him.

 

Jongdae knows that he’s lying, but it doesn’t change his expression.

 

“How would you know? How do I know that you’re not telling me any lies? You’re his boyfriend, right?” Rightie asks, as he jots notes into his notepad. Jongdae only scoffs.

 

“He left me, and you’re wondering if I’m telling you lies? Look, he is on a plane to France right now. I bought the airplane tickets a few weeks ago for our anniversary, and I have mine right here, untouched,” Jongdae says, before he gets up and pulls out an envelope from behind his T.V. He pulls out his ticket, and shows that the envelope is empty afterwards.

 

“One of two plane tickets; departure date July 7th. Today is the 8th,” Jongdae tells them, before he gives his ticket to them to handle. The tickets was really for his brother and his girlfriend, but since he broke up with his girlfriend before the flight date, the extra ticket was unused. The officers mutter to themselves, “so that’s why there were half packed suitcases,” and Jongdae knows that they’ve believed his scam. They thank him for his evidence, before they gather up everything and leave.

 

Jongdae gives a sigh of relief, before he prays that Baekhyun stays hidden long enough. He’ll look for Baekhyun in 2 days. He has to make sure he doesn’t seem suspicious, because they may be following him. Everything he does now has to be planned, or else he may slip up. He’ll resume working at Kyungsoo’s cafe. He’ll continue helping little Kwangho study for his physics exam. He’ll buy 2 waterway tickets to Cambodia while he’s at it. He’ll shave Baekhyun’s head and send him there to his cousin.

 

He’ll be safe there, Jongdae hopes. No one ever thinks of going to Cambodia.

 

“I’ll keep you safe Baekhyun, don’t worry,” Jongdae whispers, as he looks outside his window. He has a couple thousand dollars saved up. Baekhyun will be fine.

 

< : >

 

“Baek?”

 

Baekhyun weakly turns around to find Jongdae staring at him. He widens his eyes in horror.

 

“Get away from me,” Baekhyun hisses painfully, as he tries to back up. Jongdae ignores his demands and snaps, “Baek, we don’t have enough time. I have to get you out of here.”

 

“You’re going to turn me in. I know you are,” Baekhyun whispers, his voice sounding lethal. Jongdae sighs and crouches down. “Babe, I don’t think you understand. I’ve been interrogated, but I used Jongin’s extra plane ticket to convince them that you’re in France. I need to get you out of here. I need you to be safe.”

 

Baekhyun sees the sincerity in Jongdae’s eyes, but he is still skeptical. All his life, he had been hiding. Hiding from this evil man who hunted for his mother and him for his whole life. He had been successfully hidden until now, too.

 

“Please, believe me. I’m sending you to Cambodia to my cousin.”

 

“Jaeho?” Baekhyun questions weakly, suddenly remembering Jongdae mentioning him once or twice before. Jongdae nods his head, and tells Baekhyun that he has to trust him. Baekhyun agrees, before Jongdae gives him a dress and a brown, long and flowy wig. Baekhyun snorts, “You’re going to make me cross dress, too?”

 

Jongdae laughs heavy-heartedly, before he asks, “Do you want to live?”

 

Baekhyun smirks at his boyfriend, before he musters up the energy to change into the clothes. He can’t believe that he doubted Jongdae.

 

Jongdae wraps a scarf around him, and helps him up. Jongdae looks around, before he pulls Baekhyun into his car. It’s late at night, and he has to get Baekhyun to the ship on time. Baekhyun is wiping himself with the baby wipes as he eats bread. He’s not thankful enough that he chose the right person to love. He’d be dead if it wasn’t for Jongdae. It was like this the first time they met. Jongdae had saved him then, too.

 

And Baekhyun believes that Jongdae will continue to save him. He always will.

 

< : >

 

It’s 2992, and Hwang Baekha is having the roughest time of her life. She just barely managed to escape Kyungmin’s secure hideout, but now there are people looking for her; everywhere. She has 10 year old Baekhyun with her, but he doesn’t know what’s going on. She is in grave danger, but there’s nothing she can do about it.

 

She has to save her kid. She just has to. Even if he was made through force, she loves him with all of her heart. She conceived him through blood and tears. She’s not going to give him up just because Kyungmin wants to take him for his own use. That’s crazy. She’d rather die than give him away.

 

She manages to get to an inn, where the owners are nice enough to let her day for a while. Three years later, and she finds out the hard way that you can’t trust everyone who’s nice to you.

 

Hwang Baekha is found missing on January 19th, and Baekhyun has found out all of the secrets his mom had been keeping from him. He manages to run to Naju, where he stays in a hole underground, feeding off of scraps he finds in the dumpster.

 

Three years later, Baekhyun meets the love of his life. Kim Jongdae. Jongdae is two years older than he is, but he somehow manages to convince himself that he is just a little kid.

 

Jongdae finds him in the middle of the street, after Baekhyun somehow had given up on his life. He had been living off scraps for years now, and he’s done with the life he had been living. He doesn’t want to live anymore. He’s done; expired his due.

 

Jongdae pulls Baekhyun off the streets when a car comes barreling through and back to his apartment. Something screamed to Jongdae that the boy needed to be saved. Jongdae is only 18, but he feels like he could help the boy. Jongdae helps the boy clean up and he gives him a haircut; it’s not the best haircut, but it was the best he could do. Jongdae notices that he’s skinnier than recommended, so he feeds him, and Baekhyun has never felt so thankful in his life.

 

“So who are you?” Jongdae asks him, and Baekhyun is hesitant to tell him.

 

“I’m Baekhyun,” he tells Jongdae, as he decides that his saviour should be safe enough to trust.

 

However, Baekhyun doesn’t know that Jongdae is the only one he can trust.

 

< : >

 

Jongdae gets handcuffed two days after he gets back to Korea. The officers he tricked weren’t too thrilled to find out that there was no Byun Baekhyun that arrived at the port.

 

“Tell us where he is, and we’ll let you go,” they demand, but Jongdae sneers at them.

 

“I’ll never tell you where he is. I’d rather die than give you that information.”

 

The officers lock Jongdae in the darkest cell they have for helping a felony escape. It’s damp and musty, and Jongdae can barely breathe. They’ve chained him to the walls, and Jongdae can already feel the cockroaches crawling up his legs. He afraid to know what’s going to happen to him, but he’s strong. He had done what he needed to do. He has saved Baekhyun once again, and that’s all he really needs. He’s staying with Jaeho, and no one in Cambodia knows his past. All is well.

 

A man walks into his cellar, and he immediately recognizes who it is: It’s Byun Kyungmin. It’s Baekhyun’s father, the most noted leader in Korea’s underground drug cartel. He’s the most dangerous man in Korea, and everyone knows it.

 

“So, you know where my son is hiding,” Kyungmin hisses at him, and Jongdae barely shows his emotions. On the inside, he’s scared out of his mind, but his front doesn’t show an ounce of it. None at all.

 

“I do.”

 

“Where is he?” Kyungmin questions, and Jongdae tells him that he refuses to answer.

 

“But you know I need him, right? I made that boy for my own purpose, and that little witch Baekha took him and ran,” Kyungmin growls, and Jongdae scoffs, “Baekha took him away from you for the right reason. You’re going to kill him, and use him to become immortal. I know what your men are up to, it’s all over the news. It doesn’t take a genius to know where your money goes.”

 

Kyungmin smiles a sinister smile, “My, my, my, we’ve got a smart boy here. You’ve got brains my boy.” Kyungmin circles around Jongdae before he whispers, “But not enough.”

 

He leaves the cellar, and Jongdae is once again, scared less.

 

< : >

 

For the first time since 1997, a death penalty has taken place in Korea. In 3014, the head of a 22 year old man lays at the foot of a powerful drug cartel leader.

 

Yet, Jongdae still doesn’t regret.

 

--
OMG?! WHAT DID I JUST WRITE?
i was really feeling angsty today so i wrote this… i seriously planned for a happy ending but then i decided to change it and someone was supposed to get handcuffed but… death penalty instead? i’m a horrible person OTL


this was supposed to be a kaibaek ; ; but then chENBAEK FEELS AND SUGDUFSGUFEGEJF seriously chen + anyone i’d die odg. is this one shot even okay? lol cause i think i rushed it too much or something orz help me i don’t think angst is my style lol

LOOK AT THIS MADNESS T _____ T