YOU and D.O: Gone

The Star

 

Sunlight streamed through the window as Kyungsoo opened his tired eyes. A warm tear stained his pillow once again as he remembered you were gone. 
 
Gone
 
You were literally physically gone. Your neighbors had told him they had seen you rush out of your house with a suitcase the night you both fought. This was already one week ago. You didnt respond to your phone calls or text messages and you had been MIA in all of your social medias.
 
He sighed as he rolled out of bed.
He trudged to the kitchen, not bothering to make his bed. He saw dirty dishes and cups stacked up in the sink and he was certain there was something rotting in the refrigerator. He took a seat, staring at his reflection on the kitchen table. 
 
He didnt mean anything he had said to you that night. You weren’t a cold hearted and you werent uncaring. He was just frustrated how you always seemed to be bothered whenever he was with you and how you never really seemed to care about him at all. He knew you tried though, and he knew it was hard for you to show your emotions,  but he was being selfish. 
 
He got up and headed for the bathroom. He didnt feel like eating breakfast anymore. After washing up, he rummaged through his closet. Whenever you slept over his house, you would have an outfit laid out on the bed by the time he got out of the bathroom. Sighing again, he pulled out a white vneck and blue jeans, slipping them on before throwing on a baseball cap. He didn't feel like styling his hair like he usually did.  
 
The weather was nice and breezy with not a single cloud in the sky.  Birds were chirping, flowers were gently swaying, everything seemed cheerful and happy...unlike his mood.  Kyungsoo kicked at a pebble.  You would always want to go for a coffee run around this time of the day.  He walked into the cafe you always went to.  He looked up at the menu.  Usually, you guys ordered the same drinks everyday.  
Him, a caramel latte, and you, a hazelnut macchiato.  
He felt tears swell up once again so he ducked his head down to the floor, hoping no one would notice.  
When he felt stable again, he walked up to the cashier.  
 
"One medium caramel latte please." He dug into his pocket for his wallet.  
 
"And a medium hazelnut macchiato." 
 
His eyes rounded as he froze.  He didn't even have to turn to face you to confirm.  
It was you.
 He could smell your familiar lavender shampoo and hearing your voice made him tingle all over.  Feeling his palms get clammy, he quickly paid for both drinks as he finally turned to you.  His eyes roamed your face, taking in all that he missed.  
"Stay." He commanded.  
You smiled slightly and nodded.  You two stood in silence while waiting for the drinks.  When you two finally sat down in your usual booth, you realized how haggard Kyungsoo looked.  His hair was disheveled under his baseball cap, his skin looked grey and ashy.  Dark circles hugged the bottom of his eyes, and his plump lips were dry and chapped.  
You twirled your straw nervously.  "Kyungsoo, I-"
"Don't leave me." 
You gaped at him, surprised at his words.  Kyungsoo was usually awkward and shy, and he usually didn't tell you things straight up.  His eyes were big and sad, and you just wanted to crawl under a hole in guilt.  
"No Kyungsoo, I never left.." You fiddled with a napkin.  
"I didn't leave because we fought, I had to go down to my parents house in the countryside because my cousins were visiting from America" you said meekly.  
Kyungsoo looked at you, bewildered.  
"I'm sorry I couldn't call or email you, I realized I forgot to bring my phone charger and they don't have a computer or anything there."  You turned slightly pink, embarrassed at your own mistake.  
Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes at you.  "So you left without saying a single word, leaving me here to rot pathetically by myself?" 
You gulped, feeling guilty.
"Lets go home."  He got up and tossed his drink in the garbage can.
You quietly scurried after him, carefully slipping your hand into his.  Kyungsoo slightly gasped at the familiarity of your fingers intertwined with his. 
To your relief, he didn't pull away.  
 
Closing the door behind you, he quickly pulled you into his arms, hugging you tight.  You gasped for air, confused.
"You're not going to yell at me?" You choked out, still wheezing.  
"Nope." Kyungsoo continued to hug you, swaying side to side slightly. 
"You're not mad?" You freed your arms to drape them around his shoulders.  
"Nope." Kyungsoo closed his eyes, wishing he never had to let go.  
"So are you still my boyfriend?"
Kyungsoo pulled back and smiled.  
"Yes I am." He leaned in to give you a kiss.  
You smiled back in relief. 
"I love you." You said, pulling him in for another kiss.
"Love you too" he mumbled into your mouth as he gripped your waist harder.  
He kissed you with more force as you allowed him to slip his hand up the back of your shirt.  You nibbled at his bottom lips before letting go with a pop.  You turned your head aside when he leaned in to kiss you again.  
"Why?" He growled, annoyed that you had ended the make out session so soon.  
"Your kitchen." You frowned, peering over his shoulder to the stack of dirty dishes.  
Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.  "We can clean that later." 
You shrugged out of his grip.  "Kyungsoo, that's so unsanitary, lets go clean it up."  
Kyungsoo groaned, taking off his cap and ruffling his hair.
 He suddenly looked up.  
"Hey ___________, you know what else is messy?"  
You looked at him, confused.  
"My room." He grinned mischievously.  "We should clean up there first." 
You tried to hold in your giggle as you kept your composure.  
"Hmmmm...how messy is your room?"  You asked.  
Kyungsoo was already tugging at your arm, dragging you towards his room.  
"Very very messy." He said solemnly.  
 
"It's gunna take a looooooooooooong time to clean in there."