The Five Friends and a Crush

He Likes My Best Friend?

Hana peered over at her phone to see it vibrate violently. She raised her brows and reached for the phone as her glasses slipped off of her nose slowly. Her finger slid the touch screen and she saw that a text from the idiot she called a friend appeared brightly on the screen. 

To: Hana, the Jerk

Hey Hana,
Can't wait for the mall tomorrow! Minho's going to be there, but I'll protect you!

- Your Life Saver, Gaeul

Hana rolled her eyes, and shook her head.

She had been doing homework for the last hour, and wanted to finish it as soon as possible so that she didn't have to do it on the weekends the next day. Tomorrow was going to be the day Gaeul and the five boys go hang out at the mall, and she deperately wanted to finish her work. Hana was just going to finish a few problems until her best friend had set her phone to shake the desk. A goofy smile was plastered on her tired face, as she decided to text back and go on with her studies after.

To: Gaeul, the Girl who Freaked-Out my Crush

You don't need to protect me, you idiot. We're just going to hang out.. Plus, it's not like he's some ert or something! Haha, Gaeul, you're a weirdo! But, of course, I can't wait for tomorrow either!

- The Good-Looking Friend

Hana giggled at her reply and set her phone done. Even if Gaeul did reply, Hana wanted to focus on work, and text the other girl later. She sighed boringly as the sounds of the scratches of her pencil filled the room. She was busy doodling, as her work was now finished and waited for Gaeul to answer.

Hana huffed and frowned, normally Gaeul would answer with the speed of light, but it seemed as if Gaeul had not gotten the message, or she was just teasing Hana herself. Hana took off her glasses, and rubbed her eyes. She thought tiredly, shrugged off the thought, and walked outside of her room to get a quick glass of water. She didn't even bother to take her phone with her, and dragged herself to lazily get a drink.

"Boo!" A slightly deep voice bellowed. Hana's eyes widened and she collasped onto the cold wooden floor. Her hand was over her chest, and she squinted her eyes to better her faulty vision.

"Oh, it's just you." Hana casually stood up. She dusted her clothes and shrugged. 

"Are you wearing your contacts?" Gaeul smiled and plopped down onto the couch. Hana shook her head, and reached for a small cup in the cupboard of her kitchen. Her hair was messily tied up in a bun, and she wore something only Gaeul and her parents can see: a large sweat-shirt and baggy, long pants.

"I didn't want to, my eyes started to hurt a little." Hana gulped down the water hungrily. Gaeul shook her head and looked at Hana, tilting her head towards the right, and then to the left. 

"You know, no matter how many times I see you in an outfit like that, you remind me of a gangster." Gaeul swirled her pointer finger in circles. A slight choke could be heard over from the kitchen, and Hana coughed a bit. 

Even having heard that every time Gaeul had come here and insulted her outfit, Hana would always get a feeling of stupidness and disgust at the same time. 

"You must clean up pretty nicely to look like what you look like during school." Gaeul laughed.


"And I stand corrected!" Gaeul looked at  Hana's outfit. Hana smiled and looked around the streets shyly.

A light-gray cable sweater was seen on her body, along with black leggings, and dark brown lace-up ankle boots. She wore a gray beanie on her head, and instead of wearing eye contacts, she wore her black glasses. Hana's long hair was then curled at the ends, making it bounce softly as she walked, and she carried a bag to put her belongings in.

"You're so dressed up, Hana!"

"Really? I just took this out of my closet... It only took me fifteen minutes to get ready.." Hana shifted arounf nervously.

The two girls were on the way to the five friends' apartment so that they could all walk to the mall together.

"Dang, isn't someone a fast dresser?" Gaeul scoffed.

"And how about you, Ms. I-Wear-a-Dress-and-Knee-High-Boots?" Hana countered.

"I just wanted to look nice for once.." Gaeul pouted. 

"You always look nice, you idiot." Hana hugged her friend tight.


"Hey girls! Just sit down for a bit. The guys are still getting ready." Onew shook his heads. None of them were expecting the girls to come so early, and most of them haven't even planned on what to wear yet.

Both of the eager girls saw many of the boys running around the apartment and panicking. "Y'know, you guys don't have to rush. It's Saturday and it's still early."

"Yeah, we could just wait. It's not like we waited for eternity." Hana tilted her head and smiled.

"Aw, Hana-noona can eye-smile!" Taemin squealed. He was the second to get ready for the day. He was dressed rather simply, but still looked as adorable as he usually does.

"I do? Haha, I didn't realize it myself! You guys look great by the way. Taemin-ah, you're adorable." She playfully slapped the youngest's arm. 

Taemin blushed, but then quickly said, "I'm TaeMan, noona. It's M-a-n."

The boy huffed and his chest was brought out, both of the girls giggled while Onew shook his head. They exchanged loud laughs and sat on the couch waiting for the remaining three boys to be get dressed and ready. 

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Hana and Gaeul. Did you guys wait for a long time?" Jonghyun walked out from his room, and to the couch. He put his hands on his hips and gave a playful smile.

"We've only waited for 10 minutes, so, not really." Gaeul shook her head. Jonghyun nodded his head, understanding the situation. 

The door from one of the rooms suddenly then shut, and they looked to see the fourth person dressed-up and ready. 

His hair was ruffled, but looked dashing. He wore a button-up white shirt with a navy blue cardigan with a pair of black pants and white shoes. Hana felt a slight tinge of pink reach up to her cheeks, and she put her face down, focusing on her boots. The four friends gave each other excited glances and creepy smiles.

"Minho, aren't you looking hot today?" Jonghyun teased. He exploded with laughter, clenching his stomach with every loud outburst. The three other friends laughed, but Hana, who chuckled only for a few seconds, stopped, and cleared . She felt rather shy, and indirectly teased, and so her laughter stopped and the few friends sitting on the couch smiled.

"Jonghyun-hyung, I know I look awesome, but that just sounded really stupid." Minho cleared his throat. The laughter went straight on for at least five minutes, and he had to get their attention. He shook his head, rather happy and mad at the same time, and cracked a small grin.

One Hour Later

"Finally! You're done! Kibum, you took forever!" Onew growled. He pouted and huffed childishly. It was hard to think that he was the eldest of his little group. 

"You better shut up, Hyung, or I'll show you Dora the Explorer." Minho choked.

"Yep that's right! Dora the Explorer!" Key took out his phone and waved it around.

"What's that, Kibum?" Hana raised her brows. When Minho had practically choked on nothing, but the air, Hana was rather curious. Gaeul had also thought of it, and tilted her hear to the side.

"Honey, you don't want to know!" Key sang.

"Hyung, you showed him the video? I thought that-"

"I showed it to him Taemin, and he loved it!" Key clasped his hands together.

And so they went to the mall, the five friends and the crush!


Author's Notes: Sorry for not updating at all! I had so much homework these past few weeks! I have a headache, but I wanted to write to my dear readers, and so I wrote a little something. I'm sorry that it wasn't so interesting in this chapter! I'll update soon, guys. Thanks for reading! And you know you want to subscribe and comment! -Raises brow and wink- Cough, cough! Haha, see ya soon.