Hana's Outburst

He Likes My Best Friend?

Even upon seeing the frail girl, you could actually feel the negative feelings oozing out of her. She was huddled up in a small corner at the back of her bedroom, near the small bed she slept on. Her body was curled up into a small ball, with tissue boxes surrounding her messily. In the utter silence, tiny breaths, taking air and breathing it out, could be heard. 

There was no source of light, and her room was dark and pitch black. Well into the night, Hana leaned back her head on the wall and rested her eyes, knowing that she couldn't fall asleep; just like the last few days. Her eyes fluttered, and she heaved out a strained sigh. Her memories led her back to the starting of the new week, that Monday.


Hana breathed in and out sharply; she wanted to get away as fast as possible. Her stride was messy, but quick, and it made her school-bag fall clumsily down her arm. And as she released a quick breath, her wrist was caught, and she was spun around forcefully.

For a few seconds, she felt as if her heart stopped beating, and she looked down onto the ground. Hana instantly knew the person that caught onto her. She hastily pulled her arm so that she could be released, but the grip on her was tight, and didn't seem to let her go at anytime. Hana gasped, and then gulped, slightly scared to look into the person's eyes. 

"Why did you leave?" The voice called out. Her teeth gripped onto the inside of , she didn't dare talk. 

"Hana-ssi, why are you like this?" Hana tried to pull her hand away once more. Once again, it failed to work. She heard the tone of his voice; it was soft, gentle, and full of concern. Thoughts ran in her head, and a question made her ears rings: Since when did you care? Hana bit her lip, and felt uncomfortable as he didn't release her. The question threatened to just slip off of her tongue, but she refused to talk. 

Hana heard the boy sigh, and lead her. At first, Hana decided that she would resist, but not wanting to use more force, she let him pull her around. Her hair covered most of her face, and she observed the ground, as her footsteps came to a stop. Slowly, Hana lifted her head up and looked around her. They arrived at a empty corridor, and the grip on her wrist was then released.

The devestated girl ran a hand through her hair messily, and decided: 'that's it'! She clenched her fists and looked up at him.

Choi Minho looked at her worriedly, but Hana had too much. "You're the reason for why I'm like this Choi Minho!"

Minho's eyes widened in shock, and he knitted his brows in confusion.

"Do you not understand me? I like you, you jerk! The first time you talked to me, I thought that this could be the moment! This could be the time for me to get closer to you. But no! You liked Gaeul instead, my BEST FRIEND! The only reason for why she rejected you was because of me! I broke your heart!" Hana jabbed her finger toward her chest. 

Minho looked at her, his eyes wide and filled with regret and guilt. "I've liked you since the first grade! You probably didn't even know me. All of this was my fault, Choi Minho. It's my fault for Gaeul being nuts, and it's my fault for your heart-break. Everything is my fault!" Hana rubbed her forehead. 

She bent her legs, and huddled in a ball. She heard Minho crouch down, but it was too overwhelming. "Don't you dare touch me!" 

She stood up quickly and turned away, running with tears flowing down and an even worse, shriveled up heart.


Hana massaged her temples, rubbing them gently yet firmly. Her nose was stuffed, and her breathing was uneven and raspy. Hana tried to clear , but being too dry, it would hurt, and Hana had the possibility of losing her voice.

For the past two weeks, Hana had not come to school at all. For the first week, Gaeul had visited every single day, and even stayed over the night to comfort the broken-hearted girl. Hana felt devestated for saying such things to Minho and Gaeul, it wasn't any of their faults.

And calling him a jerk; Hana regretted that the most. Gaeul eventually stopped visiting, since Hana needed some time alone. None of the boys visited, knowing that they would probably make it worse, and decided to lay off until Hana gets better and comes to school. She sighed in relief; if her parents saw her like this, then she'd be dead for sure. 

They had been gone for two weeks, and expected to come back next year. Not even in the continent of Asia at the moment, Hana wished them good luck, and thanked the people from above for preventing her parents from seeing her in such a weak, rather disgusting state. 


Three Days Later:

"I-I'm okay guys. Thanks, for everything." Hana hugged each and every one of them. Her heart pounded quickly, a pink tinge appeared on her pale cheeks. After returning to school, Gaeul and the shining boys gave her get-well gifts, and as well as lunch (from Key). Everyone talked about how she looked. It was true though, everything they said. Hana had lost drastic weight, and the way she looked was the opposite of healthy. The uniform she wore was baggier than before, and seeing Gaeul this morning, she insisted on carrying her instruments. 

"Hana-noona, do you want to come to our house later? For a 'Glad Your Better' party?" Taemin asked kindly. Hana smiled and gently pressed her lips on his forehead. Taemin was such a sweet boy.

"That's alright, Taemin-ah. I'd rather stay at home, I need the rest. Maybe when I actually get all better?" Hana laughed weakly. Yet, that wasn't the only reason. Off at a distance, Minho had been sitting on a table, with his food neatly placed on it. His back was faced to the group, and looking at this, Hana felt her heart die a little inside.

"I'm such a jerk." Hana muttered. Key turned his head, and looked toward where Hana was looking. He shook his head and sighed. He rubbed her back gently and smiled.

"It's not anyone's fault Hana. He'll come through." Jonghyun nodded his head in agreement.

"But I kinda confessed..."

"You WHAT?" Onew screamed out.

"I didn't mean to! I was mad, and I got a little crazy." Hana rubbed her arms. She looked over to Minho again, and thought: 'maybe just one more glance.' 

Suddenly her heart beat quickly, and she her lips. She turned away as fast as she could, and murmured a soft, "I need to go to the bathroom."

She touched her cheeks, and felt her heart rate decrease. Her hands clenched on her shirt tightly, and a slight frown reached her face. The moment she turned to look at him; he looked directly back. She saw his gaze; there was no sign of anger, but sadness.

"What have I done?"


Author's Notes: Updates are going a little crazy, I did say that I was going to update every other Wednesday, but I had a break during school, and I had a large quantity of free time. And now, since I'm pretty busy, I decided to update early. I'm sorry for any errors, and I hope you enjoy this chapter as well. Comment about what you thought about this chapter if you want to, and I won't be updating for around two weeks! But I promise, I'll be back!! I felt liked I rushed this too!