Staying Over

He Likes My Best Friend?

"Taemin, get the tissue boxes, she's staying over."

Taemin nodded his head; he looked back at Hana, who's hand trembled when Gaeul suddenly hung up from her. gaping slightly open, Jonghyun and Onew shook her shoulders gently. Her eyes were fixed on the person standing in front of her; his eyes showed signs of neutralness. Did Gaeul possibly say 'yes' to Minho's proposal? 

Hana blinked once, and then twice. She noticed the worried look on Key's face, and gulped. Her senses finally came back, and she stuffed her phone back inside the school bag and set it aside. "Hana, I think you should sit down again.." 

Key gently pulled Hana's arm, and led her back to the couch. The surprised girl followed him clumsily, tripping on her own feet while he placed her down on the seat. Soon after, Taemin came back, shuffling his feet with two boxes of tissues in his hand and a stuffed animal in the other. He set the tissue boxes down beside him, and held out the stuffed animal, and gave it to Hana. 

"I hug it when I feel sad." Taemin scratched his head. 

"Here, you should eat the rest.." Onew handed her the crackers she hadn't finished. Hana looked up at Onew, bowed, and took the food. 

"I'm not letting you leave until we get all the priorities straight." Key kneeled in front of Hana. He held both of her hands as she nibbled on the crackers. Hana nodded her head while keeping the stuffed animal close to her. 

"Can someone tell me what happened?" Minho scratched his head. He had set his shoes down on the rack, and walked into the kitchen to grab a quick drink of water. He tapped his foot as he waited for an answer, taking quick sips of water every few seconds or so. 

"You asking out Gaeul is what happened!" Jonghyun rubbed his forehead. Minho tilted his head, and rubbed the back of his neck. He walked back to the kitchen, set the cup in the sink, and then walked out again. He gulped and cleared his throat several times. 

"What about it?"

"Minho, you just met her!" 

"She rejected me, hyung!" Hana's heart skipped a beat.

"W-What?"

"Gaeul-ssi said that she didn't like me back." Minho took a seat beside Hana. She hid her face, not wanting him to see her puffy red eyes. Her hands clenched down on the stuffed animal as Key released his grip from her. She bit her lip and felt a feeling of guilt in her chest.

"I'm sorry, Minho-ssi. It's my fault." Hana whispered. It was barely audible, what she said, but he heard and gave out a long sigh. She saw his hand trail up to his hair, brushed it, and came back down again. 

Hana couldn't help but feel that it was her fault. Gaeul was her best friend, and she told him that she liked Minho. Gaeul wanted to protect her, but instead, Hana thought wrong and indirectly pushed her away. Hana looked up from her lap and saw Onew's face in front of her. He had a comforting look on his face, and he patted her head gently. Hana lifted up one hand and touched his own. She held on to the stuffed animal and was pulled into a hug. "It's not your fault, Hana." He said. 

"Hana-ssi, you tried to help me, thank you." Hana felt another hand on her shoulder. She was released from the hug, and saw Minho's eyes staring into her own. She hated it, the sensation of her heart beating so much faster then before. Her face suddenly heated up and she stopped looking into his eyes. 

Hana couldn't deny it. She loves Choi Minho.


"Kibum! You never answered my question!"

"Why should I?"

"Because I want to know!"

"She fell, Minho! Jonghyun found her on the sidewalk crying.."

"But I didn't see any marks.." 

"Choi Minho!"

"What!?"

"Just shut up, and get with it... Dumb poop brain!"

"Hyung, you lied! You said that Hana-noona needed tissues, but she didn't even use one!" Taemin joined in.

"Taemin-ah, I'm fine, really.."

"Hana, lie back down on the dang couch!" He pointed at her. Hana raised her brow. Key and Minho had been pacing around the last few minutes fussing on about Hana's well-being. At first, Hana found it quite sweet, but after many questions and shouting, her ears couldn't take it. Hana had secretly tried to sneak out of the apartment, but after being scolded by Key the last four times, she didn't feel like it anymore.

"Why can't I leave? I'm fine Key!" Hana also joined in.

"I already told you that you're staying over!"

"Wait, what?" Minho's deep voice cracked.

"Oooh, sleepover!!!"

Taemin jumped up and down excitedly. He held Hana's hand and hummed a rythym as the stuffed animal trapped inbetween them jumped back and forth. Hana laughed nervously. Wanting a way to sneak out, she sent longing looks to the door and whined several times, but no one took a hint.

"Key, what about her parents?" Onew chimed in. He was seen holding a plate full of food and a cup of water. Hana sent thankful looks to Onew, and smiled gratefully. She secretly also regretted it, since none of her parents were even in Korea at the moment anyway.

"That's why I have Gaeul's number! Her parents aren't even home!" 

"What the he-"

"Ah, no cussing in the house, Hana. You're staying and that is final!"

"Can Hana-noona and I sleep together? We can play games and stay up late since it's the weekends tomorrow!"

"S-Sure, why not?" Hana answered rather sadly. Taemin then stopped his bouncing, hearing Hana's sad tone, he knew that she never wanted to stay in the first place. 

"Why is Hana-ssi staying over?" Minho looked over to Hana and Taemin. Hana, who was still flustered from the whole previous situation, gently let go of Taemin's hands, and scratched her neck.

"We're b-bonding?"

"Aw, Hana, I love you too!" Jonghyun, from out of nowhere, came up and gave her a gentle squeeze.

A blush slowly crept up to Hana's face, as Jonghyun refused to let go. She held on to his hand at first, hugging back. But after a few moments, he refused to release, and Hana couldn't fight back, as his grip was rather tight. Key, who witnessed the scene progress, walked over to the couch, and slapped the back of Jonghyun's head. 

"Ow!"

"Don't just suddenly hug girls like that, hyung!"

"Jealous much, Minho?"

"Jonghyun-oppa! That's mean!"

"It's not mean if it's the truth!"

"Hyung!" 

"What games would you want to play, Hana-noona?" Taemin asked. He rambled on about the games he had as the atmosphere began to tense, and the air thickened with awkwardness and blushes. He counted with his fingers, and listed the games with a cheerful voice, but by the time he was finished, Hana and everyone else seemed to have zoned out.

"Did I say something?"

"Nothing, Taemin-ah, I'll play any game.. But I'm pretty bad, unless you have Pokemon or something?"

"Noona, I love you so bad right now! Of COURSE I have Pokemon, totally going to beat you with Pikachu though!" Taemin shouted as he grabbed the plushie. 

"Okay, then? Pokemon it is.."

"Wait, why is she staying in Taemin's room?"

"Cause I asked first, hyung!" Taemin smiled. Jonghyun and Key both narrowed their eyes in suspicion. But Taemin, who would never hurt a fly, sat on the sofa like a potato, and blinked his eyes, not aware of the thoughts his hyungs would have been thinking. 

"Are we going to be sleeping in the same bed?" Hana asked.

"Of course not! Taemin, you're sleeping on the floor." Key smiled. Taemin's mouth gaped open and he held in the urge to whine.

"No! It's Taemin's bed, so I'll just sleep on the couch. We'll play games, and then I'll just go back here." Hana blurted. 

"Taemin will sleep on the couch then." Jonghyun added in. Hana shook her head, and insisted on sleeping on the bed. The boys couldn't complain with her, as she stood her ground, and decided to grab the blankets and pillows in advance.

"Here, these are some spare clothes. It'd be uncomfortable to sleep in your uniform right?" Hana looked up to see Onew. He held clothes in his hands and Hana took them gratefully.

"Thanks, Jinki-oppa."

"They might be too big, sorry." Onew scratched his head.

"That's okay, where can I change?" Hana questioned. Onew pointed to the bathroom, and Hana quickly shuffled her feet on the wooden floor. 


"Taemin-ah, you beat me eleven times in a row. I think I'd like to sleep now." Hana yawned.

"How about one more game, Hana-noona?" Taemin begged. The two were in Taemin's room, and with the night quite dark, Hana felt drowsy. She wanted to sleep, but with a face like that, Hana had played with Taemin much more then she should have.

"Taemin-ah, you asked me that the last six games! I'm going to sleep!" Hana ruffled his head. He smiled, not even think about his now messed-up hair, and took the controller from Hana's hand. He turned off the game, and watched as Hana clumsily made her way to their couch.

"Night Hana-noona! Oh, here!" Taemin ran over to Hana. He held out the plushie that he gave her before. She looked up at Taemin and thanked her 'younger brother' with a tight hug. 

Hana clenched on to the plushie tightly, secretly wishing Taemin a good night with sweet dreams. She yawned tiredly, and fixed the over-sized t-shirt Onew had given her. The pants fit perfectly, but the shirt was baggy, but comfortable. Hana climbed into the couch, and adjusted her position, making it seem like she was curved up like a shrimp. The blanket Key had given her felt warm and comfortable, and the pillow helped her tense neck feel better. 

She smiled as she thought of the guys. In such a short amount of time, they had become such precious friends to her. And eventually, Gaeul popped into her head. Gaeul probably knew that Hana was acting weird, and lying that day. They knew each other more than they actually knew themselves. 

Hana chuckled at the thought of Gaeul, she was such a precious friend. And having her crush like her, Hana felt bad for Minho. He was rejected, because of her. Gaeul considered her feelings, and Hana was right; Choi Minho wasn't Gaeul's type. She tried to think of the pain and disappointment Minho must have felt. Hana's hands tightened on the blanket. She bit her lip, "Sorry, Minho-ssi. I'm so sorry."

She softly whispered his name.

"Hana-ssi, are you awake?" Hana's head turned. She saw a dark figure, as the light were turned off, and quickly cleared .

"Yeah."

"I liked her, but I knew that she was going to reject me." The voice became louder as she felt that he had walked closer. 

"I really wanted to help. I'm sorry." Hana whispered. She lied, but at the same time, she also told the truth.

"Thanks Hana-ssi. I really appreciated it." He chuckled. But when she heard it, Hana had bit her lip. He sounded so sad, so disappointed, she knew that he was hurting inside. She quickly took the blanket off, and found the dark outline of his hands. 

She bit her lip, and put her hands over his, tears threatened to drop from her eyes.

"If you're mood isn't good, and you had a bad day. Think of the things that make you happy, and wish the sadness all away. We may love the wrong person, and cry over the wrong person. But one thing's for sure, Minho-ssi. Mistakes help us find the right person." She unconsciously gripped her hands on his tighter, and sniffled.

"Haha, what's this? Hana-ssi..." Minho chuckled. He didn't move a single muscle, as he felt Hana trembling. 

"S-Since you're not crying, I'll cry for you."

"Don't do that, Hana-ssi!" He hastily wiped her tears away with his sleeve. He wrapped his arms around her gently, to comfort her. 

And more tears slipped out, as Hana wrapped her arms around his neck. Hana felt embarrassed, guilty, and sad. She was the main reason he had his heart broken, and she knew it. Minho didn't even have a clue about how Hana felt, but Hana wanted to keep it that way. 

Until he heals, until he would smile at her back, until one day, she'd have the courage to confess. Just like Minho did to Gaeul.


Author's Notes: Sorry if it was too cheesy at the end. I don't consider this to be an actual, real development in Hana's and Minho's relationship, since Minho just got rejected. Comments on the story, please? I feel like I rushed a bit! But early update! And Happy New Year's Eve, everyone!