City of Love

Run, Liar

I looked sulkily over Union Square, glaring at all the happy couples that were skating on the ice rink. I had been waiting for weeks and Oh Sehun had not arrived. By my calculations, he should have gotten my note in Paris by now. The Sehunnie I knew would have rushed over as soon as he possibly could. Perhaps he just didn't get my clue.

"That's impossible." I muttered to myself. 

The city of love,

but not what you think.

Look from above,

and you'll see an ice rink.

The city of love. Most people would think of Paris, France, but Sehun and I were not most people. Our relationship was mangled between lies, laws, and loss. I always lied to him, he was after me as a man of the law, and we would always lose the other. This was where we had met. What felt like a thousand years ago, we had met as strangers on an ice rink in San Francisco. We fell in love, but I had to lie to him. 

See, Sehun did not meet Nara. He met Cas, a San Francisco girl with a free spirit and not a care in the world. She was quite close to who I actually am despite the fact that she was not a world renowned criminal. Cas and Sehun fell in love, but Cas did not have time for love. I did not have time for love. So I stole his things and made a run for it, not knowing that Sehun was a detective who happened to be following my case.

"Oh, dear Sehunnie, why did you have to follow the rules?" I asked, sighing.

Though I didn't have time for love with my profession, it had been fun while it lasted. I truly did enjoy my time with Sehun more than I should have.

"Because the rules keep me out of trouble." A voice whispered behind me, tickling the back of my neck with a ghost of breath.

"You came," I said levelly, masking the fact that my heart was beating furiously.

Nara, the famous thief, could not love Oh Sehun the famous detective.

"I've always been right behind you." He whispered, trailing kisses down my neck.

"How did you find me? I thought you'd be on the rink." I breathed, hating myself for leaning in to his touch.

"Because I read your hint. You wrote "look from above". Normally, I would have thought that you meant for me to look from above meaning you'd be on the rink. Hence I would have gone to the rink thinking I was so sly. But I've learned your tricks after all these years, Nara. I've caught you now." Sehun smirked, turning me around to face him.

"Have you really? You can never catch me, Sehun. I applaud you for finding me, yes, but your skills are still lacking. You found me only after I left you a hint since I was bored of running without someone to chase me." I raised an eyebrow at him, teasing.

"You only run because I decide not to catch you," he said, kissing my neck once more.

"Is that really considered following the rules, darling?" I asked him, pressing my lips together in mock disapproval.

"We play a different game from the others, liar." He breathed into my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

"And I'm just that, honey." I smiled sadly, kissing him on the lips deeply.

"What?" He asked when I pulled away, sighing with his eyes closed.

"A liar." I whispered before slipping away from him and running out to the city, leaving behind the love I didn't have time for.

 

 

 

A/N Sorry It's so short, guys. Been wanting to update this, but haven't found the time. Happy holidays! Enjoy a second story poster with Sehun on it!*