La Cha Ta cafe

I'm Richer than My Boss

 

The 22-year old Sulli Choi strutted her way towards the mall's exit, one of those properties owned by her stern grandfather. A tall man fumbled behind her like a dog, holding at least 10 shopping bags on each hand.

"Miss Sulli, please wait for me!" Kwangsoo pleaded. The burden he’s carrying was reflecting on his face, looking like all the misfortunes in the world was thrown upon the giraffe.

She ignored her driver's plea as she continued walking towards the black Mercedez-Benz in the parking lot. The helpless man was eased of his burden as he finally loaded the car's trunk with all of her boss' shopping bags. He opened the backdoor afterwards for Sulli to sit in the backseat.

"Let's go to La Cha Ta café," Sulli instructed her driver as the car went out of the mall's premises and joined Seoul's traffic.

“Miss, it’s already 5:50. Let me just remind you that we need to be home by 6 pm or else your grandfather will-“

“Just do as I say, Kwangsoo. We should be there at 6 pm.” Sulli insisted even though she knew her grandfather’s temper whenever she comes home past her curfew.

Please help me God. I need my job! Kwangsoo sighed and shut his mouth after his words were cut by Sulli’s stubbornness.

The young lady turned her attention to her phone and started calling her friend, Jiyoung.

 


 

“Oh no! That old man’s gonna get mad at me again! Why did Mrs. Park need to let me deliver those jajangmyun at the last minute?” The 22-year old Minho Choi complained as he was biking to his next workplace, late for his next job. “That stingy man will deduct my salary for sure!” He added as he turned at the corner of the road where La Cha Ta café is located.

It was already 5:55 pm when he checked his wristwatch. ! 25 minutes late!

“Yah, Minho Choi! Where in the world were you? You know that you should be here almost half an hour ago, right? Go change into your uniform, customers are waiting!” Mr. Kang roared at the latecomer. Minho hurriedly proceeded to the employees’ room to change.

“Yeah right. Where are those waiting customers he was saying?” Minho muttered while he wore his long-sleeved white polo shirt, the standard uniform for waiters and baristas.

“You better shut up, hyung. The old man might hear you. It’s also your loss when he deducts your pay.” His fellow co-worker, Taemin, reminded.

“Choi! Why are you taking so long! Hurry up!” His boss barked once again.

“Arasseo! I’m coming!”

 


 

Sulli checked her diamond-studded wristwatch. “Oh, it’s exactly 6 pm,” she said with amazement as they arrived at the front of La Cha Ta café. Kwangsoo opened the backdoor once again and Sulli alighted from the car.

She went inside the coffee shop and looked around whether Jiyoung was already seated somewhere. With no traces of her friend, Sulli decided to choose a table for two at the left side near the entrance and started calling her friend on the phone again.

“Wow! A goddess has come!” Taemin went to dreamland as he saw Sulli entering the coffee shop.

“Taemin Lee, stop with your fanboying and get the customer’s order, will you?” Minho was busy with the coffee machine, not minding the new customer.

“Jiyoung-ah, why are you not answering your phone?” Sulli was getting worried. Jiyoung was not answering her phone since she started calling her 10 minutes ago. “She’s usually not like this, what could have happened to her?”

Taemin went to the new customer. “Good evening, madame. Would you like to see our menu?” He flashed his cute smile as he handed the menu to Sulli.

“I’ll get a Grande Mocha Frappe,” Sulli said after browsing the café’s menu.

“May I know your name, ma’am?” asked Taemin. Oh yeah I’ll get to know her name!

Uninterested with the young man’s warm reception, she replied and gave her name and returned her attention to her phone, still waiting for Jiyoung’s response.

After endless rings, at last she heard someone answering!

“Jiyoung-ah, finally you picked up! What is exactly happening to you and you’re still not here?” she said loudly enough to express her worry and irritation but not to the point of making a scene.

“Ssul, I’m really, really, really sorry for not answering your calls! There’s just something going on in our house right now so I can’t just leave. I’m really really really sorry!” Jiyoung explained, feeling greatly apologetic.

“Your house is not far from here, right? I’ll just go to your house. I might be able to help.” Sulli offered, her worry for her friend increasing.

“You don’t need to, Ssul! I’m really really really sorry! I need to hang up now. Bye!”

“But wait-“ Suddenly her friend on the other line cut their call. What is happening to you, Jiyoung?

 

“One Grande Mocha Frappe for Miss… Sulli?”

 


 

“Hyung, I got her name! Sulli. What a beautiful name for a goddess!” Taemin excitedly reported to Minho who seemed uninterested.

“Yeah, yeah, just please tell me the order,” he seriously replied instead of entertaining Taemin’s story.

“Aish, fine, fine, one Grande Mocha Frappe it is,” Taemin said with slight disappointment from his tone.

“Taemin, one Mocha Frappe done!” Minho said minutes after brewing the drink.

“Hyung, can you sub for me first? We only have few customers and I really need to use the bathroom now!” Taemin requested with urgency.

“Alright, alright, what table is it?”

“It’s table 2, thanks, hyung!” Taemin hurriedly went to the washroom.

“Hmmm, table 2 on the left…” Minho became speechless when she saw the lady sitting at table 2. Taemin was right.

He regained his composure and walked towards the customer.

 

“One Grande Mocha Frappe for Miss… Sulli?”

 



A/N: Hi Guys! For those who are not familiar, "Giraffe" is an inside joke for Lee Kwangsoo in Running Man, a variety show in SK. He is called giraffe by his co-hosts due to his tall physique.

I'm so sorry for the very short chapter! I'll make sure to write longer next time. Thanks for reading!