Chapter 8

Pay Attention! [DISCONTINUED]

 

"Ravi~ah! What's taking so long?" N whined, arms wrapped around the younger boy's shoulders.

Ravi sighed in mild frustration. "I don't know, you tell me. Is it supposed to be doing this?" The two VIXX boys stood tiredly in front of the stove, watching a boiling pot of noodles. N had promised the young rapper that they'd have a few cooking lessons. Apparently Ravi was sick of relying on Leo for food. Recently there seemed to be an unexplainable tension between the two of them. N still wasn't sure if he should ask about it. After all, it was none of his business.

"I don't get how you messed up this badly. Half of the noodles are overcooked, and the other half aren't cooked at all," N said, fighting back a chuckle. He then noticed that the stove handle was set to six when it should've been at four. "It's too hot, you idiot!"

Ravi blinked as he received a slap on the back of his head. Cooking was clearly an impossible task for the talented idols. N turned off the stove. It was best that they stopped before burning down the dorm. "Let's take a break," he decided, pulling Ravi into the living room. They slumped onto the couch in unison and N the TV.

He was shocked by how normal things felt. Not too long ago Ravi had seemed to hate his leader. Now they were friends again, living like they always had. N had mixed feelings about the subject. He was glad that they were able to speak normally to each other again, but... the sensation was bitter. They were so close yet so far at the same time. It's for the best, N reminded himself. It's time to let him go.

"I never thought I'd get sick of TV," Ravi muttered. He slipped the remote from N's hand, accidentally brushing their fingers together, and uselessly changed the channel. N was sure he had blushed. "but at least now I know that anything is possible. Watching TV is the only thing to do when you're stuck in this dorm."

"I'm still surprised that manager hyung put you on house arrest. I knew it was a bad idea for you to go on all those dates." N watched Ravi as he spoke. The younger boy's eyes grew dark with an emotion N couldn't figure out.

Giving up on finding something to watch, Ravi threw the remote down on the couch. "Yeah, I sort of knew it too."

N stared at him in surprise. He knew it was a bad idea? Then why did he do it? The older boy went over all the arguments they'd had in his head. Ravi had always said that it was fine to go out as long as he didn't miss practice. "You're admitting it?"

Ravi elbowed his hyung in the side. "Shut up, hyung."

"Yah!"

xxx

 

Ravi had to admit that it was kind of endearing how quickly N could fall asleep. They had decided that watching a movie was the best way to kill their boredom. Halfway through Ravi had noticed his hyung's head bobbing with tiredness. He had muted the TV, letting N sleep. And for the past ten minutes he had been watching the tanned boy. There was an unexplainable pull of attraction in the way that N slept. His pinkish lips were relaxed and parted, soft snores emanating from them. His dark lashes, longer than Ravi had originally realized, brushed gently against his flushed cheeks.

He was a picture of peace. And Ravi, who welcomed that image, was much in need of peacefulness. But the longer he gazed at his hyung, the more guilty he began to feel. N thought he wasn't allowed to leave the dorm because he'd gone on too many dates. What would he think if he knew the real reason? Anxious thoughts filled Ravi's head as he remembered his talk with VIXX's manager. Though it seemed only like yesterday, it had happened four days ago.

 

"What's the meaning of this, Wonsik? How can you possibly explain these pictures?" the manager said as he threw photographs onto the table.

Ravi felt his face pale, blood draining out of his body. He had expected to have this talk eventually but that didn't mean he was ready for it. "It's a misunderstanding! Nothing happened, you've got to believe me." His plea sounded lame even to his own ears. The manager stared at him incredulously.

"It doesn't matter what you did or didn't do. The fact is that you got caught red handed. This isn't just going to go away with the wave of a magic wand. You know that, right?" The older man didn't wait for Ravi's response. He continued on with his furious rant. "No, the company is going to have to pay for this one. You're an idol, Wonsik, and you need to start acting like one. You can't just run off in the night with some girl."

Ravi clenched his fists under the table. In this case, the VIXX rapper knew he was in the wrong. If these pictures got out his reputation would be ruined. Not only that, but his group members' as well. I should have just listened to N hyung, Ravi cursed to himself. It was hard to figure out why he hadn't. For some reason he had just felt a desperate need to leave the dorm and be distracted. This was all happening because he was an idiot.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled uselessly. "How do we stop this from spreading around?"

"The company will have to bribe the lucky bastard that took those pictures. That person certainly hit the jackpot."

Ravi flinched. It hurt to know that his manager's words were true.

"Either way," the older man continued, "you won't be taking a step outside the dorm unless it's for work. Do you understand?"

The young boy nodded, knowing that this was what he deserved. "For how long?"

"Until you've learned your lesson."

 

Ravi knew he had been let off easy. His simple date with a girl would cause his company however much money. Deep down he knew that house arrest wouldn't be the end of his punishment. But somehow, he felt like he could endure it. He was taking his time getting used to the dorm again. The past month Ravi had spent so much time outside that the dorm felt like a stranger's home.

Ravi sighed and rose from the couch. He decided it'd be best to clean up the mess he'd made in the kitchen before the other members saw it. He took his time cleaning the dishes. Though he'd never liked this kind of task, at the moment it felt soothing. It was a good feeling to be home. And it was an even better feeling to be on good terms with N again. The young rapper hummed off key as he dumped the last of the disgusting noodles into the trash. Once he was finished cleaning the kitchen, Ravi strode back into the living room— and froze in his tracks.

Something unbelievable was unfolding right before Ravi's eyes. Leo— who he'd thought had been asleep in his room— was kneeling over their slim leader. His gaze was intense on N's sleeping face. The stoic boy was much closer to N than should have been normal. For a moment Ravi couldn't find the strength to move. It was obvious that Leo hadn't noticed him gawking at them yet. The rapper's blood boiled beneath his skin as Leo's hand gently caressed N's cheek.

Finally Ravi understood something that should have been unmistakable. "Oh, I get it now," he murmured with a smirk, though the last thing he felt like doing was smiling. Leo startled, dropping his hand to his side. It was amazing how, even after being surprised, the quiet boy's mask of calm didn't weaken. "You're after N hyung, huh?"

The clenching of Leo's jaw was clearly visible. He had definitely wanted no one to know about his feelings.

"So, this is how you go about things. You try to steal kisses from our leader in his sleep." Ravi didn't say it like a question. All he could think about was how stupid he'd been for not noticing before. Leo had feelings for N. And though Ravi didn't know how deep those feelings were, it still bothered him.

"At least I'm braver than most," Leo practically whispered. Something was implicated by his tone, something that the younger boy didn't like.

"And who do you mean by that?"

Leo only shook his head.

xxx

 

The silence was dreadful. Hyuk didn't know just how much more of this he could take. For the past few days his usually smiling dimpled hyung had been avoiding him. His silent treatment had begun the day after they'd played that video game. Hyuk was lonelier than he'd like to admit. The two of them now sat in a tidy little garden. It the location of filming for the day. And though the VIXX maknae would love to enjoy the sight, his eyes were glued to his lap.

Hongbin was almost scary when he was upset. Though he sat about a foot away from Hyuk, he made no attempt to speak to him. It was a miserable silence indeed... Hyuk allowed himself a quick glance at his hyung. He was somehow annoyed to note that, despite being angry, Hongbin was utterly beautiful. The set of his jaw, the distance in his eyes, the tousle of his hair. Everything was perfect. How could Hyuk live up to that?

"Er... hyung?" the maknae said, cutting the still air with his words. "After this I wanted to get a new game. Will you come with me?"

The older boy shook his head without hesitation. "I'm tired," was all he retorted with. Hyuk looked irritatedly at the other side of the garden. The young boy had a bad habit of crying when he got too frustrated. He could feel the tears welling up on his lash line.  it up! Don't let him think you're a baby.

"Fine," Hyuk grumbled, disappointment coloring his tone. He stood to wander the garden. It would be completely idiotic if he had cried in front of his hyung. And though he didn't want to admit it, he knew exactly why Hongbin was so mad at him. The dimpled boy had wanted to speak to Hyuk about that night in the company car, and he was avoiding it. That had been over a week ago, yet the memory was still fresh. Hyuk was terrified to address the feelings he'd felt that night. Or the feelings the rose in his chest whenever he was near his hyung.

Hyuk stole a glance back at Hongbin as he walked away. The older boy was staring off into the distance... as if Hyuk hadn't said anything to him at all.

 

"Pull over here, manager hyung!" Hyuk ordered with determination.

The manager sighed, parking the car on the curb. "Only this one time. And don't play so much that you lose sleep. We don't want you looking like a fool onstage."

The maknae nodded but rolled his eyes in secret. There was no way N would let him play video games all night. The manager had nothing to worry about. Hyuk opened the company car door before turning to stare at Hongbin. The older boy still wouldn't look at him. Instead he preferred the view that the window had to offer. Without warning, Hyuk angrily grabbed his hyung's arm, pulling him out of the car.

"What the hell are you doing?" Hongbin complained, trying to jerk his arm back. His attempt was useless. The maknae ignored his question and dragged him into the gamer store.

"Hurry up!" the manager called after them.

Once the two were inside the store, Hongbin pulled his arm back with unnecessary force. He glared accusingly at the younger boy. "What was that for? I told you I didn't want to come to this stupid store with you." Hyuk had to bite his tongue to stop himself from snapping at the older boy. He knew that their little fight was his fault, but it still hurt for Hongbin to treat him this way.

"I know that! I just... I wanted to talk to you," he replied lamely.

Hongbin gave him and incredulous chuckle. "Now you want to talk? Only when it's convenient for you? Sorry, but I've lost interest in talking." With a swift moment, the angry boy turned his back on Hyuk and began to walk towards the door. Hyuk grabbed desperately onto his jacket.

"Can you blame me? Hyung, I'm so confused. I- I don't know how to talk to you about this." The older boy stopped walking, but didn't turn to face him. "I just need a bit of time to figure this out. So please stop ignoring me." Tears began to well in the maknae's eyes again and he angrily forced them back. He wasn't a crybaby. That wasn't how he was raised to be.

After a moment of silence, Hongbin let out a long, defeated sigh. His shoulders slumps a bit as he finally turned around. "Why couldn't you have just said that earlier?"

xxx

 

"Now I understand everything you've said to me in the past week. You just want me to stay away from N."

Leo's eyes narrowed into sharp slits. "Everything I said was the truth. You will hurt N. And you do need to stay away from him."

Ravi could only grit his teeth. Why did Leo seem to think he was N's protector? What made Leo any different from himself? "Well then I guess we'll have a problem." As the room grew darker with tension, N stirred in his sleep. Leo reached to gently push the hair back from his leader's forehead. "Stop touching him," Ravi snapped. "This is sick, you know that. You've been fooling N. I knew you weren't really comforting him that day when he was half —"

Abruptly Leo stood, cutting Ravi off. He strode into the young rapper's personal space, trying to intimidate him with his height. However, Ravi didn't waver. For some reason, in this moment, he wasn't scared of Leo. He felt as though he needed to place some kind of claim on N to stop Leo from snatching him. The feeling was completely foreign to Ravi. He had never experienced this kind of possessiveness before— not even with a girl.

"What? You're gonna hit me now?" Ravi certainly thought Leo didn't have the guts to punch him. After all, both of their faces were important. And though Leo looked tough, he was a softy on the inside. Yes, Ravi could have never expected that Leo's hard fist would connect with his jaw, sending him falling to the ground. On his way the younger boy managed to knock over a lamp. The glass from the light bulb shattered at his feet.

The noise woke N with a start. He sat up quickly as the scene unfolded. Ravi, boiling with rage, lunged at Leo. The two boys fell to the ground, glass scraping at their skin. There was a yelp as Ravi nailed the older boy in the stomach. N stared, horrified, as they tumbled around on the floor.

"What the hell are you doing?" N screamed, not sure which boy he was talking to. They continued as if he hadn't spoken. For the first time in his life, Ravi wanted to seriously hurt someone. And not just anyone— he wanted to hurt Leo. N threw himself into the fight, grabbing Leo by his shoulders. "Leo, Ravi. Stop! Stop fighting!"

Leo struggled against N's grip. His face was bright red, all the way up to his hairline. His chest rose and fell heavily as breathed. Ravi had never seen the older boy so worked up. But he had no time to enjoy it. N managed barely to subdue Leo's fit of rage. The usually stoic boy slumped against the living room wall, exhausted. And before Ravi had time to dodge, he receive a slap across the face from his leader.

"What happened here? Why were you two fighting?" the oldest boy demanded. Ravi didn't respond, only cupped a hand to his stinging cheek. "Manager hyung is going to freak when he finds out. I'm supposed to be the leader and this happened while I was here." N let out a shaky breath and hurried into the kitchen.

Through all of Ravi's anger, he felt ashamed. How could he let N see this side of him? Why did he keep having to mess up? What was wrong with him? All of these questions circled endlessly inside his head. The answers were nowhere to be found. N returned to the living room after a minute with two ice packs. He threw one at each of the boys.

"Treat your injuries before they swell," was all he said before retreating to his room, slamming the door with a bang.

 


A/N: Bonjour VIXX lovers~

I'm back with more drama! Mwahahaha— *cough*. So hope you guys enjoyed that little fight scene even though I'm terrible at writing them. There will probably be more eventually lol.

Anyway, I finally have 100 SUBSCIBERS!!! I love all you little subbies and I'm completely blown away by the fact that so many people like this story <3 Please continue to support me! And remember that COMMENTS ARE LUV!

Until next time!