Chapter 12

Pay Attention! [DISCONTINUED]

"Leo," he said, and his voice was like liquid poison. "Haven't seen you in a while. What're you doing all the way here in France?"

Leo couldn't manage a response. His blood had turned to ice, rendering his body utterly useless. The boy smirked at him and took a step closer. He could see the fear in Leo's eyes. But this fear was not for himself. Leo feared what this boy was capable of. The VIXX vocalist knew that just this boy's presence alone could cause massive destruction.

"Myung Junghee," Leo muttered in disbelief.

The boy clicked his tongue in disapproval. "You know I don't like to be called by my full name. It's Jung." The tall boy, Jung, gestured for his friends to go ahead without him. They glanced back at him worriedly but they didn't hesitate to enter the bar. "You didn't answer my question. What are you doing here?" Jung asked once his friends had left.

"Vacation," was all Leo could push past his lips.

"Vacation," Jung repeated, laughing without humor. "Of course, with your little group VIXX, right?"

Again Leo didn't answer. He just couldn't believe his eyes. After so many years, Myung Junghee stood before him chatting away. He didn't want to believe it was possible. Why was Jung in France? How was it that he just happened to be there at the same time as Leo? The chances were so slim... And yet, there they stood— face to face on a street in France with cold air whipping around their cheeks.

Jung continued talking, not really expecting a coherent response from Leo. He made his voice sickeningly sweet as he spoke. "Anyway, how are you? In fact, how's everyone?" He paused, seemingly for dramatic effect. "How's Hakyeon?"

"Stop talking," Leo snapped. "You have no right to be asking any of that?"

"What, are you still sore about what happened? Get over it. That was years ago."

Leo frowned. He wasn't an idiot. He knew that Junghee would never get over what happened. He'd been so crushed at the time... But that was his own fault. It was somewhat amazing that Junghee could always sugar coat his words, as if nothing ever bothered him. However, Leo had known him for too long to be fooled. "We both know that you haven't gotten over it."

Jung stayed silent for a while, his face gradually forming into a scowl. Abruptly he his heel, heading for the bar. "Goodbye, Taekwoon. It was a blast meeting you tonight. Don't you dare forget I'm here." Jung sent a spine tingling smirk over his shoulder before stepping inside of the bar.

xxx

 

Leo returned to the hotel much later than N had expected. N had waited for the stoic boy in the lobby, tapping his foot in anxious disapproval, until he spotted him. He was surprised to see that Leo looked pale. Very. More pale than usual. The quiet boy had a haunted glint in his eyes. It looked as though there was something Leo desperately wanted to forget. He nearly walked right past N, clearly lost in his own thoughts. It wasn't until N grabbed his arm that Leo looked around and realized where he was.

"Leo, where were you? We came back from the beach and you weren't in your room." N's face was a mask of concern. Even though he didn't look like one, Leo was a homebody. It was rare for him to take a stroll outside when he could be lounging in his bed. N knew that about him seeing as they were roommates.

Leo lifted the bag of goods he'd bought from the convenience store without a word. N nodded in understanding but the concern didn't leave his eyes. "You were gone a long time," he said, chewing at his bottom lip.

"I was taking a look around."

Leo could barely meet his leader's eyes. N was perceptive enough to notice something like that. Leo seemed more guarded than usual, as though he had a secret. And N had to admit, a secret of Leo's was something to be feared. In fact, he was too afraid to ask about it. Instead he nodded again at the slightly younger boy, eyes falling to the bag of food.

"I hope you got something for me," N tried to joke nonchalantly.

Leo shook his head and turned for the stairs.

"Yah, Leo ah!" The VIXX leader called after him. That boy had no sense of humor. N sighed as Leo quickly slipped into his hotel room, closing the door in his face. Sure, he was used to Leo's silent treatment... But sometimes he wished Leo would just talk to him. N needed reassurance that the stoic boy was alright. VIXX was currently suffering through a bit of drama and Leo had been left alone with a boy he'd recently fought with. What a treat...

Giving up on the Leo matter at the moment, N headed for his own room. When he opened the door he was greeted by the sight of Ken in his boxers. The younger boy had a towel over his head and was attempting to dry his hair.

"Aish Ken, put some pants on," N complained.

"Ah!" Ken squeaked, covering his chest with his hands. "Hyung, don't you know not to just walk in on a lady!"

N chuckled, shaking his head. "Shut up." The VIXX leader collapsed on his bed with a sigh.

"Aren't you gonna take a bath?"

"Nah, I'm too tired. I'll do it in the morning like the Europeans do."

Ken gawked at his leader playfully. "Ugh! How can you stand to be so dirty? Why I never!"

"Is this Ken-jumma I'm talking too?"

Ken let out a loud laugh before pulling on his shirt. Probably deciding it was too hot for pajama pants, he crawled onto N's bed without any. He lay beside N and closed his eyes.

"Yah, what're you doing? You have your own bed," N sighed. He wanted to be annoyed but he was too tired. And besides, it wasn't as though Ken was really bothering him. Ken just had a habit of crawling into someone else's bed when he felt uncomfortable with his surroundings. He'd done the same thing to Leo once.

"It's fine N umma. Just go to sleep." The younger boy turned off the lights before pulling the blankets over his body. He tried to stick close to N without making him feel uncomfortable. Ken just wanted to be there for him at least once. He hadn't expected to see the elder cry earlier today. And though he didn't really understand what was happening, this was the least he could do— be by his side.

"Umma...?" N grumbled before sinking into a heavy long awaited sleep.

 

Hakyeon felt warmth.

He hadn't felt this kind of warmth in so long. He knew he had been craving this deep down inside. Trying to move closer to the source of heat, Hakyeon shifted. He sighed in content. This was the kind of feeling he never wanted to forget.

"Hakyeon," a voice called, pulling him out of his sleep. Hakyeon grumbled and snuggled closer to the warmth. He didn't want to be disturbed just yet. He wanted to sleep in peace for a while longer. "Hakyeon, come on. Wake up, babe," the voice called again.

"Hmm...?"

There was a light laugh that shook the bed. "It's time to get up."

"... not yet..." Hakyeon managed to mumble. The laugh returned, this time more of a chuckle. Finally Hakyeon recognized the voice. Slowly he opened his eyes, lips forming a soft smile. He stared up at the beautiful boy leaning above him. Is this what it was like to wake up to a lover? That's what they were, right? Lovers?

"Jung," Hakyeon whispered, twisting his fingers in the boy's dark locks. "I wanna sleep some more..."

"No can do," Jung replied and pressed his lips against the boy's beneath him. "We've got practice in an hour and a half. Unless you want to give up on being a trainee and marry me instead."

A pout made it's way onto Hakyeon's lips. It was always like this. There was never enough time for the two of them to enjoy each other. Dance practice or vocal lessons interrupted all of their intimate moments. There should be limits on how much a person let their dream control their life, but this was a dream both Jung and Hakyeon lived for. To be an idol they were willing to sacrifice their relationship. With a groan, Hakyeon sat up, letting the blankets fall onto his lap like a waterfall. He was aware of Jung's gaze on the flesh of his back.

"Are you going to stare at me all day or are we going to practice?"

"I take it back," Jung stated, his voice coated with need. "Let's stay here for the day." He sat up to kiss in between Hakyeon's shoulder blades. Jung knew that was Hakyeon's weakness. As if offering proof, Jung felt him shiver at his touch.

Hakyeon pushed his lover away in a playful gesture. "May I remind you who it was that woke me up in the first place?"

"Alright, alright. Off to practice we go."

They shared a kiss. It was chaste at first, innocent, but gradually deepened until Hakyeon was clinging onto Jung. Jung smiled against the kiss, the other boy's bottom lip. Automatically Hakyeon parted his lips. Now wasn't the time for a heated make out, but the two boys couldn't seem to control themselves. They knew the rest of the day would be spent on hard work and that they wouldn't have time together. Hakyeon felt Jung's tongue slip into his mouth, silky and experienced. There was a want to run his fingers through Jung's messy ink colored hair, but instead Hakyeon pulled away.

"We should probably get ready to go now," he forced past his lips.

He could see the mask of disappointment and hurt on Jung's face. He wished there was something he could do about it. But things would only get harder from here. Once they were idols, they could never let anyone know about their relationship.

xxx

 

N woke to the feeling of heartbreak. His hand clutched at his chest, desperately trying to hold himself together. Tears once again threatened to spill over his cheeks. This was ridiculous! N was not a crybaby. However, that seemed to be all he wanted to do for the past few days. It was a mystery to him why these memories of Jung were returning to him. No, haunting him was more like it. Their love had ended so long ago that it seemed pointless to dream about it now. The fire that had sparked between them went cold years ago. Running a forearm over his cheek, N checked for tears. None. Thank god.

Ken slept peacefully by the VIXX leader's side. There was a bit of drool running down his chin but he was cute all the same. N smiled at his dongsaeng's sleeping face. It was obvious that Ken wanted to cheer N up by sticking close to him. N was unbelievably grateful. Even though the younger boy couldn't begin to understand N's problems, he stood by him, ready to lend a shoulder to cry on.

N was considering going back to sleep when there was a knock on the door. Why did everyone seem to thing it was okay to bother him in the morning? Shoving the blankets away from his body, N hurried to the door. Surprisingly it was the manager, tired looking with wild bed head sticking in every direction.

"Get dressed," he ordered with a yawn. "We're all going to breakfast. I promised the company I'd keep you guys healthy while we're on vacation."

"What, you don't trust us to eat regular meals?"

The manager just raised an eyebrow and told him to be downstairs in a half an hour. Once he left N threw a pillow at Ken. If anyone could make the group late it was Ken. N forced the younger boy into the bathroom to wash his face. When he was sure Ken was fully awake, he hopped into the shower. The water was extra hot, probably burning his skin. But for once, N welcomed the pain. Something was needed to distract him from his thoughts about Jung. It wasn't healthy for him to dwell on his past lover— for more reasons than one.

Squeaky clean and dressed to impress, N and Ken made their way to the hotel lobby. The manager, Leo, and Ravi were already waiting for them. None of the three spoke to each other, creating an unapproachable icy silence. Ken made a face as he walked to stand next to Leo. "Why the long faces people? Aren't we supposed to be on vacay?"

Leo glanced down at the younger boy but didn't respond. N noticed that his eyes were red and itchy looking— as though he hadn't slept. It was tempting to ask if the stoic boy was alright, but N didn't feel like receiving the silent treatment. Instead he decided to stand by Ravi. "Morning!" he chirped, attempting to make his voice sound cheery.

"Morning hyung."

N was taken aback by the guilt that slammed into him as Ravi met his eyes. Ravi was the boy he was in love with. That definitely hadn't changed since their arrival in France. And yet, N hadn't been able to get Jung out of his mind. Somewhere in his consciousness N knew it was pointless to worry about something like that. Ravi had never met Jung and probably never would. And N no longer had feelings for his once boyfriend. But still, it felt wrong to be thinking about someone else.

"Binnie and Hyukkie still asleep?" N inquired, pushing the guilt out of his head.

Ravi rolled his eyes. "They shouldn't be. I went to their room to wake them up three times."

As if on cue, Hongbin and Hyuk bolted down the stairs and into the lobby. They were flush faced and panting. Hongbin received an irritated punch on the arm Ravi.

"Ow, sorry! Hyuk fell asleep again and I spent ten minutes trying to wake him up."

The manager just shook his head in disapproval. However he didn't seem to be annoyed, just amused by how the group could never be on time. "Well, let's head out. Last night I found an interesting looking cafe. We'll eat there and then have free time." His tone made N feel like he was on a school field trip.

"Good, I'm starving!" Ravi exclaimed with a grin, his arm slung around Hongbin's shoulders.

xxx

 

Leo stiffened when they arrived at the cafe. Why here of all the places they could have gone? There wasn't a problem with the cafe itself. In fact, it was quite beautiful. The design was very similar to the look of a cozy cottage. The walls were a cream colored plaster with vines creeping down from the roof. Vintage looking metal wire chairs and tables decorated the patio. There were pots of colorful wild flowers scattered aimlessly around the front of the cafe. Yes, it was beautiful. But it's location was the problem.

The cafe sat two small buildings away from the convenience store Leo visited last night. The bar Jung and his friends had gone to was a direct diagonal from where Leo stood now. He cursed under his breath. It wasn't likely that Jung would still be in the same area as last night. And it was even less likely that he would just happen to walk into the cafe while they were there. But Leo couldn't trust probability anymore. Not after the "coincidence" of running into Jung in the south of France.

Leo kept his eyes alert as they entered the cafe. There was no way he would allow N and Jung to meet again. That was something he'd hoped to avoid forever. Thankfully, the place seemed to be mostly vacant and there was no speck of midnight hair in sight. The VIXX boys sat at a large vine covered table on the patio. Here, the boys were able to chat and laugh their troubles away. This was the exact reason they went on vacation in the first place— to heal their minds and bodies after their tiring work as idols. Leo sat back, enjoying the sun's warmth on his cheekbones.

 

There wasn't much time for Leo to stay relax. Sure, breakfast had been easy and the rest of the day had been spent at the beach, but now... there was trouble. The sun had gone down and Ken mentioned going to check out a French club or bar, much to Leo's horror. Everyone was completely on board with the idea. They wanted to dance and laugh the night away. N especially seemed excited to show off his dance moves to the citizens of France.

"I don't want to," Leo grumbled, trying to disguise his anxiety as exhaustion. The only bar he had seen on his walk to the convenience store was the one Jung had gone to. There was no way he could risk going there.

"Oh, come on, Leo hyung," Hongbin whined. He pouted, showing off his dimples. That might have worked for someone like N, but Leo wasn't weakened by cuteness.

Leo shook his head in protest for what seemed like the hundredth time. Hongbin looked to N for help. None of them wanted to leave Leo alone at the hotel. They were here to spend time together.

N studied the stoic boy before speaking. "You're not feeling sick are you?"

A shake of the head.

"Then let's go!" The member's all pouted at Leo, trying to guilt trip him.

"I think it's best for us to stay here," replied Leo, gaze intense on N. The slightly older boy didn't seem to catch the message hidden in Leo's eyes. Don't go! Your heart will break to pieces if you do!

"I say we vote," Ravi spoke up. He noticed Leo glaring at him but decided it was best to ignore him. "All those in favor of going clubbing tonight shout 'Rovix'."

There was a chorus of "Rovix"'s. Leo rolled his eyes, giving up. There was no way to stop them without telling them why they shouldn't go. Besides, there was no guarantee they would run into Jung.

xxx

 

The music pounded loudly in Ravi's ears, and he welcomed it. There hadn't been much time for him to go clubbing with VIXX's crazy schedule. Hongbin and Hyuk sat at his side at the bar. Hongbin had decided to drink and was a chuckling tipsy mess. Hyuk, finding his hyung amusing, was teasing him. Ravi would join them to drink, but he was too busy watching the dance floor.

He couldn't seem to keep his eyes off N's fluid body. His hyung danced mesmerizingly among the sea of swaying bodies. Ken danced by his side, a bit more wildly. But that was just the thing, N's movements were controlled— he caused others to lose control. Hips twisting in time with the music, black skinnies hugging tightly to his thighs, sweat dripping down his neck. Ravi couldn't look away. He knew this was wrong. There was no logical explanation to explain why Ravi felt so tempted to grab his hyung. He didn't want anyone else in the club to lay eyes on him.

Ravi his lips. He had tunnel vision, only seeing N despite the voice in his head telling him to look away. Hongbin and Hyuk had moved to the dance floor without his noticing. And directly afterwards, Hongbin's seat was taken by a stranger. Ravi didn't pay any attention to him at first, not want to miss any of N's movements. He didn't turn to look at the stranger until he realized he was being stared at.

"Do you need something?" Ravi asked a little sharply. He glanced at his unwelcome visitor. It was a boy with glossy black hair— no, wait, it was blue. A very very dark blue in the light shifting around the club. The boy wore a mischievous grin that stretched from ear to ear.

His eyes flicked to the dance floor and then back to Ravi. "Not particularly."

Ravi gave the boy a hard stare before turning to look away. Only then did he realize the boy had spoken to him in Korean.

"He would never be with you, you know," the boy spoke again, his voice turning cold. Ravi flinched a bit before looking at him again. The boy's smile was gone completely. Now his face was twisted into a threatening scowl.

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Oh yes, you do." The boy nodded his head to the bouncing mesh of bodies. "You were staring at him like a pup. But unfortunately for you, he doesn't associate himself with filthy dogs."

Ravi gaped at him incredulously. He meant N, didn't he?! How did this stranger know who he was looking at? The boy continued to scowl at him, without a trace of his initial mischief. "And who the hell are you? What do you know about him?"

Suddenly the boy broke out into a smile. This smile was anything but friendly. His eyes remained flat and humorless while his lips stretched over his teeth. "What," he said, and his voice sent off warning alarms in Ravi's head. "You mean you haven't heard of me?"

 


Ello VIXX lovers~

Did you miss me? Oh, I know you did *3*

I tried making this chapter a bit longer since there's more going on. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF JUNG?? I personally like him ;3

Anyhoo, please comment lots because THAT is my writing fuel~~!! And also subscribe if you haven't!

Until next time~!