Chapter 10

Pay Attention! [DISCONTINUED]

 

"So... so tired," Hyuk groaned, resting his head on Hongbin's broad shoulder. "How are you keeping your eyes open, hyung?"

"Years of training," the dimpled boy joked, rubbing circles on Hyuk's back. The maknae tended to get a bit sick on planes and Hongbin wanted to be prepared. He'd already made the younger boy eat breakfast and drink tons of water. Hongbin definitely didn't want to be thrown up on. But throwing up had to be better than dry heaving.

"You two look like a married couple," Ken observed loudly, turning a few heads inside the airport. Hyuk flinched and pulled away. He looked in a different direction before anyone could notice his flushed cheeks.

Hongbin clicked his tongue disapprovingly. "Hyung, don't startle him like that! You know how bad he gets. I mean, look at how pale he already is." The two older boys turned to look at Hyuk. They were surprised to see that his face looked more pink instead of white.

"I'm going to the bathroom," Hyuk announced. He tried to look nauseous to draw the attention away from his blushing face. The maknae hurried off in the direction of the bathroom before his hyungs could reply.

Ken laughed as he watched the younger boy scurry off. But as soon as Hyuk vanished from their sight, his expression grew serious. He turned to Hongbin with a worried glance. "What's happening to us, Binnie? Are we falling apart?" The VIXX vocalist sat down next to Hongbin with a thud.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, come on. You must've noticed it by now right? Ravi, I mean. Everything got weird when Ravi started acting up. Him and N stopped talking and joking around like they used to. And next thing you know, he gets into a fist fight with Leo hyung." Ken shook his head with an exasperated sigh. He glanced around to see if N, Leo, or Ravi could hear them. The three boys were still with their manager, getting their luggage checked.

Hongbin looked at the floor, feeling a little defensive. "What's your point, hyung? Are you saying all this is Ravi's fault? Maybe he's just... going through something." The dimpled boy obviously knew he couldn't tell Ken about what Ravi had confessed.

"No, I can see that. Binnie, we all know that this isn't how he usually behaves. But that's what scares me... How are we supposed to go back to how it was before?"

Hongbin thought about that before meeting eyes with his hyung. He had an idea, but it was crazy. The first step to reuniting their team should be to release the tension. And right now, all of that tension held was between Ravi and Leo. "Aren't you sharing a room with Leo hyung?"

Ken nodded, not really sure why Hongbin was asking.

"Switch. You can share a room with N hyung, and I'll share with Hyukkie."

"But then Ravi and Leo will be..." Ken's eyes lit up with understanding. "Are you sure? If they share a room when they're like this, they might attack each other." The VIXX vocalist glanced over at the other members again. They were now making their way towards him and Hongbin. The mood between the three of them was slightly somber.

The dimpled boy nodded seriously. "That might be what they need to do before they can make up."

"What're you guys whispering about, huh?" N grinned, slinging his arm around Hongbin's shoulder. Though his eyes went back and forth between the younger boys, he didn't really seem suspicious. "You're not thinking about doing something you shouldn't on the trip, are you?"

Hongbin laughed a little shakily. "What are talking about, hyung? If anyone were to do something they shouldn't, it would be you."

N elbowed the handsome boy jokingly in the side. He pouted as though his feelings were hurt. The VIXX leader was determined to act the way he always did before the drama between him and Ravi. He wanted to be cheerful. He wanted to enjoy their vacation with all of the members. Glancing around quickly, N noticed that Hyuk wasn't among their little group.

"Where's Hyukkie?"

"Oh, he's still in the bathroom," Hongbin explained and rose to his feet. "I'll go get him." And while I'm at it, I'd better explain the roommate switching, he thought.

xxx

 

"Where's my water bottle? Did you take it, Ken?" N whined in annoyance. It was warmer in the south of France than the VIXX members had expected. N was already drenched in sweat. He blamed it on the air conditioning in the airport. It was so cold in there that they didn't get a chance to prepare for the heat wave outside. Still, N had to admit that France was beautiful. The sky was a perfect baby blue and the air smelled of salt and sunshine.

"You snooze you lose, hyung," Ken teased, sticking out his tongue. He took a long sip from his leader's water bottle before returning it. N was disappointed to find only a few drops left inside.

He tossed the bottle at the younger boy. "How could you? I'm so thirsty!" N complained, chasing Ken when he tried to run away.

"Hey!" Their manager called after them. "Don't run too far ahead or you'll get lost!" They were on their way to the hotel they'd be staying in. Ken and Hongbin had already made their roommate switches. The only ones that weren't aware were Ravi and Leo. N knew they would have a problem about it when they found out, but he felt like Hongbin was right. They needed to fix things and get along. And at this point, N wasn't sure if he should get involved.

When the VIXX members finally reached their hotel, they roared with excitement. The hotel wasn't the modern type they were used to. Instead it looked vintage and timeless like something out of a classic movie. It was romantic, much to N's dismay. He definitely wanted to be done with romance for a while. After all, it had never gotten him anywhere.

After checking in, their manager held out three keys. "Obviously it's two to a room. There's only one key for each room so be with your roomie when you want to get inside."

"Understood!" Ken said with a salute. He took one of the keys, then dragged his leader down the hall by his elbow.

Leo stared blankly after them, confused. "I thought I was supposed to share a room with Ken..." he mumbled quietly.

"Ah, well. Things like that can happen," Hongbin chuckled. He mimicked Ken's movements by grabbing a key and dragging a still sick looking Hyuk along. All Leo and Ravi could do was stare. Ravi wasn't an idiot. He knew what Hongbin was trying to do. Maybe I should've told him who the other person was, he thought inwardly.

"Welp, looks like you two will be sharing a room," manager hyung said, trying to make his voice sound light. "Whatever differences you two had that night are better off solved. It's best for everyone to get along, right?"

Ravi and Leo nodded silently, neither of them particularly wanting to make up. Leo snatched the key before the rapper could and strode down the hall. Ravi groaned quietly so that their manager wouldn't hear. This was going to be a long and tiring trip. Ravi could just feel it.

xxx

 

"He's probably really mad right now... He probably hates us. He probably—"

"Hyung would you stop!" Ken snapped, interrupting N's worried rant. "Everything will be fine. They really have no choice but to get along. Besides, Ravi isn't the type to hold a grudge."

N flopped onto the fluffy bed that was closest to the window. He layed down, feeling his exhaustion catch up to him. "How did you know I was talking about Ravi?"

Ken scratched his head for moment, wondering the same thing. "Well... You don't seem to get that worried about Leo. Am I wrong?"

"I don't know. I don't know anything anymore."

The younger frowned before laying down on the same bed as N. He wasn't sure how to make his leader feel better. Even though he was annoying sometimes, Ken was used to N taking care of everyone. Oddly, he was like a mother. How could Ken comfort his mother? The VIXX vocalist shook his head before his thoughts got too weird.

"I feel like your not telling me something," Ken said, sitting up to look down at his hyung. "It seems like there are a lot of secrets in VIXX now."

N tried avoiding Ken's eyes, but failed. "You're right..." He could feel tears well up in his eyes that he'd been trying to repress since Ravi and Leo's fight. "I'm hiding something from you. I'm afraid... I'm afraid of t-telling you everything." By the end of his sentence N knew his voice was shaking. He was angry at himself. How could he allow himself to be so weak as a leader.

"Hyung..." Ken soothed, resting his hand on the older boy's shoulder. "Whatever it is, you know that I'll support you, right?"

N shook his head, cursing as a tear managed to escape past his lashes. "No, you shouldn't support me. Not when I'm the one in the wrong." It wasn't normal for N to be in love with Ravi. He knew for a fact that Ken wouldn't be able to accept something as strange as that. It was sickening even to himself. This love he felt was a sin. A sin he was meant to bare by himself.

"I don't understand what you mean. I can't help you if you don't tell me what's wrong."

N shook his head again, this time more fiercely. He released a sob before he could stop himself. "Please... go play with the other members. I need a minute by myself."

Ken knew N well enough to see how decided he was. The VIXX vocalist would have to leave him alone until he was ready. Ken patted his leader's forehead gently before standing and exiting the room.

xxx

 

Ken decided to visit Hongbin and Hyuk's room out of a lack of options. He had already resolved to not telling the younger boys about N's outburst. It would only make them worry. And Ken had a feeling that that was a private moment no one but him should know about. He felt sad for his leader. For the past few weeks he had worn himself out with worrying about Ravi and the other members. It was obvious that he needed this vacation.

Ken knocked on the door, mood a bit dismal. He was quickly greeted by Hyuk's grinning face. "You look better," Ken noted. "You didn't throw up, did you?"

"No way! I just needed my feet on the ground." The maknae stepped aside so that Ken could enter the room. He noticed that Hongbin had already changed into his bathing suit.

"Oh, so you guys were planning to go to the beach without us?" Ken asked suspiciously. "Hmm... Like a date, right?"

Hongbin spluttered a bit as his face turned red. "No! We were gonna change and then get you guys. You just came over earlier than we were expecting." Hyuk went into the bathroom to change while Hongbin was talking. It was hard for Ken not to find that a bit weird. The VIXX maknae never really cared if he was in front of s. He had definitely never gone into a different room to change before. Ken shook the thought out of his head before he lingered on it. Sometimes he could be too over analytical.

"I don't think N hyung is ready to play with us yet," he informed Hongbin.

"Why not?"

"Uh, well he was feeling a little sick. He said he was gonna rest a bit." Ken felt bad for lying but knew he was doing the right thing. N would hate it if his dongsaeng knew he had cried over something. N was the type that wanted to look like a strong leader. Ken wouldn't be the one to crack that image. "But we can still get Leo and Ravi to go."

Hongbin nodded hesitantly. "Yeah... Ravi's probably mad at me though."

"Can't hurt to ask."

Hyuk then emerged from the bathroom sporting bright yellow swimming trunks. They looked good on him despite the unexpected color choice.

"Hyukkie, you look so cute!" Ken said in a disgusting 'cutesy' voice and pounced on the younger boy.

xxx

 

Ravi sighed loudly as he stared at the ceiling. Sharing a room with Leo was the absolute last thing he wanted to do while on this trip.

"If you're bored then leave," Leo snapped, slightly out of character. For once he seemed to show his irritation on his face. But Ravi was too annoyed to enjoy it. He sat up from the bed to glare into Leo's eyes.

"Or why don't you, hyung." He had no intention of treating Leo like a hyung. That was over the moment he saw the older boy leaning over their leader for a kiss. The respect flew right out the window. Now all Ravi could see in the other boy was a rival. He knew he was already steps behind Leo. After all, Leo seemed to have known about his feelings for N for a while. Ravi had only just figured out his.

"This is all happening because of you. You're immature and you're tiring N out."

Ravi growled and looked away. "Don't act so high and mighty. You have no idea what N hyung is feeling. But how could you? You always try to act cool by pushing him away."

"I'm not pushing him away!"

"Then what are you doing, huh? What're you doing?" Ravi was thrilled that Leo was even responding to him. He was sure this would be a one sided conversation. The VIXX rapper wanted answers. For how long has Leo wanted N? What was their relationship before he met them? Why had Leo never made a move?

Leo gritted his teeth and tightened his jaw with an audible snap. "I'm giving him the space he needs. You have no idea what he's been through."

Ravi paused for a moment, not quite sure how to reply. "Then tell me. What has N hyung been through?"

The older boy shook his head. He turned around to look out the window. After a moment he opened it, letting the sea breeze dance around the room. He took a deep breath. Leo had never spoken a word to anyone about what happened and he didn't intend to now. Not to a brat like Ravi that wouldn't be able to handle the truth.

"It's none of your business," Leo muttered, refusing to turn and face the younger boy.

"No, I think it is."

 


Ayyy VIXX lovers~

Two updates in one day! Yesh, I feel so proud :'D Do I get a cookie for this?

So what could be hiding in the lovely VIXX leader's past. Nobody knowsss~ Except Leo that is. I'm very excited to come up with this new part of the story line.

Please comment with feedback and subscribe all you wonderful people~!

Until next time!