Chapter 14

Pay Attention! [DISCONTINUED]

The morning air was irritatingly fresh. It seemed to remind Ravi that, although his heart was in turmoil, the rest of the world didn't give a damn. The young rapper rolled onto his side, facing the bed beside his. Last night, a puffy eyed Hyuk had begged Ravi to switch rooms with him. The older of the two immediately agreed because anything that would get him away from Leo was highly accepted. And... Ravi could tell that something had happened between Hongbin and Hyuk.

As of now, his dimpled best friend slept like a log tangled in his sheets. He was most likely trying to sleep away all of the alcohol in his system. Ravi sighed to himself. He would stopped Hongbin from drinking if he hadn't been so distracted. Thoughts flashing back to the previous night, Ravi wondered exactly how the boy knew N. Leo had called him Junghee...

Just forget about him! the VIXX rapper thought. If Junghee was never mentioned to the other VIXX member before, he probably wasn't all that important.

A glance at the clock told Ravi it was about time he woke up Hongbin. Normally he would just throw a pillow at the other, but today he knew he should be gentle. Rising from his bed, Ravi gingerly shook his friend's shoulder. "Hongbin ah, you should get up."

The handsome boy only hummed in response and turned to his other side.

"You need to eat something, Binnie. And you probably need a few glasses of water too."

"I don't want anything," came a slightly muffled reply. The two boys sat wordlessly for a few moments.

Ravi finally worked up the nerve to ask, "What happened between you two?" He paused. "You and Hyuk, I mean."

Abruptly, Hongbin sat upright on the bed. His hair was a tousled mess as though he'd tossed and turned all night long. The visual's usually bright and cheery brown eyes were now bloodshot and dreary. Ravi was a bit shocked at his best friend's appearance and didn't know what to say. Without a word, Hongbin stood, grabbing a towel from the hotel dresser.

"I don't want to talk about him," he said, his back to Ravi.

Ravi just couldn't understand. "You guys seemed fine last night. What could've happened in eight hours?"

Sighing, Hongbin shook his head. He turned to look Ravi in the eyes. It was obvious that Ravi would never judge him, no matter what he had to say. Knowing this, he decided to share a little bit of his heartbreak. "We haven't been fine for a while," Hongbin admitted, throwing the towel onto his bed and sitting on top of it. "Something happened between us a few weeks ago and Sanghyuk's been avoiding it, trying to pretend it never happened. I tried talking to him about it last night, but... He's just impossible!"

"Something happened?" Ravi questioned, not missing how Hongbin had used the maknae's full name. He really only called the younger boy 'Sanghyuk' when he was angry or hurt. "Why didn't you tell me any of this?"

"Because you have enough to worry about! With N... And I think that my situation is something similar."

Ravi had to stop and think about that. Around a week ago he had told Hongbin about his feelings for N. If Hongbin's problem's were similar to his own, then... "So then that means that you have... feelings for Hyuk?" Admittedly, it was difficult for the rapper to wrap his head around this. Hongbin and Hyuk. Together. He wondered what was happening to VIXX. At least three of the members were in love... with men.

The dimpled boy groaned, covering his face with his hands. "I guess so! But it's not like it matters anyway. He made it clear that he wasn't interested. He'll probably want to stay away from me from now on."

Placing his palm on Hongbin's back, Ravi did his best to sooth his friend. "That can't be right," he argued. "Hyuk's always been attached to you. I don't think this will change that. Maybe... Maybe he just needs some time to think. Don't you think it's possible that he feels the same way about you?"

"I doubt it will work out that way. After all, this isn't a fairytale."

xxx

 

They must all think I'm a fool, N cursed inside his head. s must be mental if they thought he wouldn't notice the change in their attitudes. N kept his eyes trained on Hongbin and Hyuk as they shuffled through the clothing racks. Today VIXX decided would be a good day to do some shopping. Though they were guys, it was still important to keep up a good image. They were idols after all. They couldn't be spotted walking down the street or in an airport dressed like a hobo. The boys were currently in a fairly modern looking clothing store. N had to admit that the store looked out of place in the small town— considering it was made up mostly of cute cottage-looking buildings.

N reached for a button up shirt while keeping an eye on Hyuk and Hongbin. The two stood as far apart from each other as possible. Hongbin chatted with Ravi at the shoe rack, while Hyuk followed Leo like a duckling by the jean section of the store. N let out a noise of irritation. Even these two— the most cheerful boys in VIXX— were starting to fall apart. The oldest boy wanted so badly to ask what had happened between them. However, he held himself back, knowing it was a stupid idea.

"What do you think of these ones, hyung?" Ken asked, modeling a pair of blue ombre sunglasses. He puckered his lips in a teasing manner.

"Much better than the last pair. You don't need anymore pink in your wardrobe."

Ken laughed loudly at that. "If Key heard you say that he would slap you."

N cringed, knowing that was true. Suddenly he decided to change the subject. "Don't you think we should do something to refresh everybody? Hyuk and Hongbin are looking kind of down. And I'm pretty sure Leo and Ravi haven't made up at all."

Ken surprised his leader by announcing, "Actually, I was already thinking about something like that. Since I started to break out after eating all this French food, I tried thinking up a way to fix it. Maybe we should have a Korean barbecue on the beach!" The VIXX vocalist stared at N with wide expectant eyes. It was obvious his heart was already set on going to a spa.

A barbecue? Well, N had been craving something familiar. "Alright," N chuckled. "I'll talk to manager hyung about. I doubt he'll say no."

xxx

 

The sun was setting the way it did in the movies. The air was warm, twisting and swirling its way through Ravi's unkept hair. Manager hyung had agreed to Ken's BBQ idea whole heartedly. He even took it upon himself to buy the meat. The VIXX boys were currently sitting in sand, stuffing their faces while watching the sun disappear into the night. Everything was seemingly peaceful— aside from the fact that Hongbin was avoiding Hyuk like the plague.

Ravi had decided to leave his bathing suit back at the hotel. He didn't feel much like swimming tonight. The only ones planning to get into the water were Ken and N. The VIXX rapper wasn't sure he wanted to be near N while he was practically . It was hard enough just to control his eyes from ravishing the older boy. Who knows what would happen if Ravi were to swim next to that slim, enchanting body.

"Ravi~ah!" Ken called from his place next to Leo. He lazily got to his feet and headed towards the rapper. "It's not too late to get your swimsuit, you know."

Ravi shook his head tiredly. "No thanks, hyung. Not in the mood."

Ken pouted for a moment, looking as though he would turn and head back to his spot in the sand. Instead he took a seat next to Ravi, letting out a long sigh. The two boys sat in an uncomfortable silence as the sun continued to descend. Abuptly, Ken lifted his fist to punch his dongsaeng in the shoulder.

"Ouch! What the hell?"

"Ravi~ah..." Ken hesitated, bitting on his plump lower lip. The young rapper just glared at him as he rubbed his bruised shoulder. "I... I don't know what to say."

Ravi tried not to roll his eyes and failed. "Then don't say anything, hyung."

"No, I mean... I don't know what to say to make things better. You obviously aren't the same cute Ravi you were a couple weeks ago." Cute? Since when...? "And N hyung has been stressing out more than usual, and now Hyukkie and Binnie are acting awkward, and Leo hyung is... well, Leo hyung." Ken was nearly gritting his teeth in frustration at the end of his sentence. He stared intensely into Ravi's tired eyes. "What can I do?"

Ravi tore his gaze away from his hyung to watch N tip toeing into the ocean. He had already removed his shirt, revealing his bare upper half to the whole of South France. Ravi wanted to be annoyed at the way Leo's gaze also drifted to their leader, but he couldn't quite focus on that. It was admirable the way the sunlight brought out the golden tone in N's skin. He glowed in the light, even attracting attention from bystanders walking on the beach. He was simply gorgeous.

But there was nothing Ravi could do. He couldn't let his feelings for the older boy be known. For the sake of VIXX and for the sake of N, Ravi would have to keep his emotions to himself. The last thing he wanted was to burden his leader. He could only imagine how freaked out N would be if he knew the truth. Two men had both fallen for him. And these two men just happened to be members of his group.

Finally looking back at Ken with a weak smile, Ravi simply said, "There's nothing you can do, Ken hyung. It's already over."

xxx

 

Although it was a bit embarrassing, N had managed to exhaust himself playing in the water with Ken. He definitely got a bit carried away. He only wanted to lighten the mood— which seemed to work a little bit. The problem was that VIXX had somehow managed to split itself into three groups. Hyuk was sticking to Leo's side like glue. Leo didn't seem to mind, but it was definitely odd to see the maknae so far from Hongbin. On the other hand, Hongbin seemed to be enjoying himself as he joked with Ravi. N decided it would be best for them to figure out their own problems this time. It wasn't his place to step in.

"I'm gonna go grab some drinks," N announce when him and Ken returned to the beach shore.

Ken tried to shake the water out of his ears. "At the convenience store?"

N nodded and grabbed his baggy T-shirt. He slipped it over his head, not caring that he was soaking wet. "Do you guys want anything?"

"Vitamin water," Hyuk and Hongbin said in unison. They glanced at each other for an awkward moment before looking in opposite directions. N pretended not to notice.

"Uh, I guess I'll take a coke," Ravi mumbled, eyes flickering between his leader and the sand.

N hummed in approval, turning to Ken and Leo. "Anything you want?"

Leo simply shook his head and turned his gaze back towards the sunset. Ken on the other hand looked a bit worried. "I don't need anything, hyung, but do you want me to come with you? It's about to get dark and we all know how lost you get."

"Yah!" N stomped his foot in annoyance. He could find his way around! Easy! Okay, so maybe he's gotten lost once... But that was just that one time. "Sit down and watch the kids. I'll be back." With a flick to Ken's forehead, the VIXX leader headed off the convenience store.

 

As he continued to walk, the sun finally set, plunging the small town into darkness. But rather than feeling uneasy with his unfamiliar surroundings, N felt comforted by the warm of the lanterns lining the streets. He began humming as turned the corner. It was sad to admit, but being away from s every now and then did feel good. The only thing bothering N was the chilly wind created in the absence of the sun.

After a good ten minute walk, the convenience store was in sight. N sighed in relief. He was starting to regret not drying off before leaving the beach. But before he could take another step, he heard a voice— or what he thought was a voice. N shrugged. It was probably just the wind messing with his hearing.

"Hakyeon!"

No, he had definitely heard a voice. N spun around wildly, searching for whoever had called out to him. Who would call me by my first name? he wondered. It didn't sound like any of the VIXX members. Following the sound of the voice, N noticed a boy walking towards him from across the street. He squinted to see the stranger's face in the dim light. The boy was long and lean, dressed in black T-shirt and some worn down jeans. He hair was dark, but gave off a bluish tone in the light from the lanterns. Whoever this person was, he was definitely Korean.

N pointed to himself in a confused manner. "Are you talking to me?" he called to the approaching figure.

The boy chuckled a bit, continuing to come closer until they were a foot apart. "I've been looking for you, Hakyeon."

 


Eyy, VIXX lovers~

Sorry, I've been a bit busy with getting ready for school :P 

Anywho, I need your opinions guys!!

I'm wondering if I should make this story rated M or not. I don't plan on writing , but there with be implied ual scenes. Does just that make it M rated???  lol. Anyway please COMMENT telling me what you think!!! Also tell me what you think about this chapter and what should happen next :3

Until next time!