In the same room

Trick or Torture?

SuHyun’s POV

“SuHyun-ahh, I’m going. Goodbye!” JinRi waved her goodbye, though, her voice was too loud.

And, some other students looked in our way. I just shrugged it off when I realized that they keep on staring at us…or at me? I glanced at them; the students. As usual, they smiled their cheesy toothy smile at me and waved by the hand. It’s a routine that I have to go through so, I smiled back, nodding ‘as usual’.

JinRi had gone from my sight after she had escorted me all the way to my vocal class. That was one of a few habits of hers; escorting and following me from behind; though I do feel protected. I felt thankful.

But, then, one problem striked in after I stepped my foot into the class; everyone was staring at me in awe and some had ran through the tables towards me, to ask ‘how am I doing?’ and ‘how are you?’ like always. I replied them earnestly with patient and while I was talking, my other classmates, EunJi and NamJoo appeared near me.

“Oh, SuHyun-ahh?” NamJoo called me.

I turned to her for that, then she smiled beamingly, “ChangMin seonsangnim wants us to practice…somewhere else.”

 

Jay’s POV

Vocal lessons…bla bla…join…bla bla…stamina. BoA seonsangnim really talked in this class. In the last class, the only words came out from were “Practice start. Do it like this,” or “Do it like this,” and something else that as same as it.

“Yeay~! I get to meet NamJoo soon~” Bomi beside me cheered.

Huh, I remembered her name already. Fine; whatever.

“Oh, sunbaenim!” she called and tilted her head a bit toward me.

I looked at her.

“Meaning to say; your step-sister is going to be here, too.”

“Step-sister?”

She nodded.

“You mean SuHyun? Why would she come here? She takes vocal lesson, not dancing class,” I protested.

She hummed a little before answering, “Well, NamJoo is in the vocal class, too. Didn’t you hear BoA seonsangnim just now? Students from vocal lessons are going to join us today because ChangMin seonsangnim wants them to increase their stamina. It’s good for long note.”

I groaned inside. Why, oh, why? Can I not meet that so-famous step-sister? She’s such a pain in the neck. Because of her, appa didn’t take a good care of mum. Mum was really hurt when she knows appa married another woman and has a child with her who is as old as me who ends to be SuHyun.

How could he betray mum? Starting from the day mum knew the truth, she easily got headache and after a few years, he divorced my mum. Since that day, I became this rebellious, this cold. Oh, seeing how that person-called-father treated SuHyun and her mum like they’re everything he has really put me on my nerves.

I want to hate and forget him but because he’s the one who paid for my study, mothae. So, I ended up being a stubborn and bad child to him. I also used my mum’s surname, Han. Teachers called me Lee JiYoung but students know me with Han.

My train of thought was being interrupted when Bomi tapped on my shoulder, “Sunbae, they’re here.”

 

SuHyun’s POV

I blinked several times, not believing that I was right here, breathing the same air as she was doing. Not that I even care, though and I bet she would think the same thing. NamJoo called to me and then I motioned my steps to her slowly; now, I felt scared. Scared of something might happen. NamJoo seemed like she was expecting a surprise to happen but then, I guessed she was actually feeling very happy.

I with a slight smile, “You seemed excited, NamJoo.”

The beautiful girl then revealed her brightest grin at me, “Oh, no – Not really. It’s actually, my friend, Bomi is here, so I… Oh, Bomi Unnie!”

I was a little startled at how NamJoo could raise her voice when she met with her friend; Bomi, Yoon Bomi to be exact. Both of the girls were squealing in happiness then were jumping up and down, showingg their gratitude for meeting in the same class. I just shook my head, smiling to myself whilst witnessing the view infront of me.

But, after a while, it hit me. Her – JiYoung. I scanned throughout the wide empty space room for her existence and within seconds, I spotted her, wearing a cap over her head leaving only her nose and mouth visible plus with her usual dull outfit. She was staring to the floor, head down and her arms loosely crossed on her chest.

She looked empty and invisible as if no one paid any attention to her. No one ever knew her existed except for her bad nickname that was unlikely to hear at all.And so, I thought, she doesn’t deserve all of that unless if she just obeyed to what daddy said. I don’t understad her in the beginning until now.

Suddenly, my thought came to a halt after I heard the girls’ squealing and some whispering in excitement towards a dark-skinned guy walking into the classroom. I knew him. No offense but he is quite famous…among the girls. He is Kim Jongin or namely over Kai.

Then, I spotted his friend behind or should I call him my bully partner. And, please, no hard feelings involved except for the annoyance building when he would always tease and bully me as if I was a little kid. That bully’s name is Oh Sehun then next to him who was talking to him is LuHan.

I should just say it fast; I finally saw every each of the students that took dance class, walking in. MinSeok, Taemin, lay, HyoYeon, YoonA, SooYoung, JunHeong, JongUp, Bomi, Naeun and others others others. I could only remember that.

I took a glance at my vocal students’ team and they’re consists of DaeHyun, EunJi, NamJoo, JongHyun, Onew, YoungJae, TaeYeon, Chen, BaekHyun and bla bla bla. I never practiced trying to remember all of their names; when most of them were always anticipated for me.

They always praised me for being perfect. Rich, beauty, fame; they said that was all what normal people want. Please, I barely into perfection enough. I make mistakes too; a lot of them.

I sighed then turned to the spacious room again to search for…JiYoung…and to my fail effort, she was never to be seen.

After a moment, the spacious room seemed a little pack enough then BoA and ChangMin seonsangnim came in right on time. All of us greeted them with a bow then sat down on the wooden tiled floor.

“First thing first, I’d like to introduce the vocal class’s teacher, Shim ChangMin seonsangnim,” BoA seonsangnim stated her words while pointing to the younger teacher beside her.

Sir ChangMin just nodded to that then he was the one to continue speaking, “So, for the vocal students, this class collaboration was for the purpose of trying to unlimit and widen your vocal chords but…while dancing,” then I heard a few of us grunted in frustration, “With that, you could learn and experience the benefits from it, alright? Are we all clear?” Sir ChangMin said and we did not dare to ask as he is a strict teacher.He nodded briefly then walked to the edge of the room.

“Okay, you got it?”

“Yes!”

The dance and vocal students replied to BoA seonsangnim question. “Right; so, let the lesson begin with all of you divides to group of 5 students. You hear me? 5 students only. Most favourable, I’d like to see 3 or 2 boys and girls from vocal and dance class each.”

She stated the rules then left without another word. Her and Sir ChangMin were judging us from a far though, the class looked like it came in a night market. The room became hectic and loud with all the groups dividing to 5 students only.

Then, along the way, I heard some of them murmuring things that I shouldn’t hear; “Have you guys seen Do KyungSoo?” “KyungSoo? That cute vocal guy. Oh! He is so dreamy~” “Yeah, I missed him already. He didn’t come to vocal class since ages.” “O, I wonder what happen.” “Where is KyungSoo?” “Where is he?”

I shut my eyes tight on hearing that every single word those girls said; memorizing me to him all over again. I hated that feeling…until now. 

My eyes continued searching for some company until I stumbled upon some boys and girls that tried to make me go into their group. I wanted to, every each of them but they were too many. My head started to throb because of all the begging and grabbing me on the hands and such.

But, until my saviour, (as if)… came at the right moment, it all stopped. I was being grabbed around the neck with a pale-skinned arm over it, like it was choking me.

“Sorry, bros and ladies. She’s now taken.”