An introduction?

Trick or Torture?

Jay’s POV

“My music notepad is with you, isn’t it?” I shouted to Amber who was still showering in the bathroom. I guessed it’s with her because as long as I remember, I gave it to her last time.

“O, yes. It’s on my study-table; take it,” she yelled back.

Looking through her files and books, I found my notepad between them before I threw it into my backpack. After I adjusted my ponytail, I grabbed a black cap from my locker. “Are you going to be long?” I asked.

She hummed. “Give me 5 more minutes, Jay,” she shouted.

I got closer to my desk and opened my History textbook. I could study while waiting for her. These days are world of competition. I can’t let even a small time worthless. A few minunutes later, the bathroom door was opened from inside.

“Am ready; kaja!” she reached for her cap and hung her backpack onto her shoulder.

“But, your hair is still wet,” I looked at her.

She flapped her hand in air, “Bah~ they will get dry on our way,” she slipped her feet into her school’s shoes.

I pouted and lump my shoulders upward. “Okay,” I followed her actions.

As we step inside the dining hall, a lot of students already in there. “Ouh, Jay, I heard that SuHyun fell yesterday in her PE class. Is she okay?” Amber tilted her head a bit. Her kind side is taking place. If you know her well, she is really friendly, though.

I rolled my eyes, “Like I would ever give a freaking care about her, Amber. You know how we both are related, right?” I said, putting my backpack on a bench. She put hers beside mine.

“Hey, Jay, seriously, didn’t you think you guys should be together and –”

“Stop it, Amber Liu. If you’re going to bring this up again, I –”

 “Alright, I got it, Han JiYoung. Sorry, okay?” she put her hands infront of her chest as if she was found being guilty.

Heck, she was.

I sighed and went to get my meal for breakfast. So did her. Finished eating, we separated into our own destination. She was in different course but thanks to the arrangement of the hostel room; we be friend, close friend.

 


 

SuHyun’s POV

My eyes locked onto the reflection in the mirror intensely, looking at my own face in there. I was not thinking of anything, though just spacing out time until someone interrupted me.

"SuHyun, we have to go…what are you doing?"

I somehow recognized that cutesy voice I did usually hear so, I did not look up. “Judging myself…really hard,” I replied and huffed a sigh.

The owner of the cutesy voice, Choi JinRi, my roomate and close friend; walked to me then said, “You look pretty as always. No one would judge you.”

I pouted abruptly to that. “I’m not worrying about the looks, JinRi. Just…just…I don’t think this kind of outfit suits me,” my hand got onto my flowery skirt like what the maids usually told me at home:

Rich accessories are for the rich only.

I never prefer that sort of line. They always told me to think, speak, act rich, although I don’t like it. But, ‘that’ certain someone did disobey on one of few thoughts.

“SuHyun, are you okay? You rarely blurt out something like this,” JinRi searched me in the eyes for any hint of truth but I shut my sight off from her.

“Sorry, we should get going. Let’s go.”

Before we both walked out from our room, I quickly took a glance at my figure through that long mirror; wavery salon hair with a pretty scarf on the head, clean tidy school uniform and wealthy looking feminine flats to below. This is how I am and will always be. JinRi called upon me then onwards, we both walked out from the school’s campus area and straight headed to our class respectively.

“I apologize for asking…this…” JinRi started out a conversation so I turned to her. She looked scared; I wondered.

“Go on.”

“W-well, rumors saying that…your step-sis – I mean JiYoung suddenly took Science course on-call.”

My eyebrows creased in annoyance after hearing that name. Would there be a day without her exist? Then, my father would feel at peace. “Why is that?” I asked.

“Emm…I don’t know myself. No one ever asked well, maybe except for her roomate, Amber knows, I think. But, no one dared to ask JiYoung herself because…y’know. She seems unfriendly and rebellious type.”

I stared at the ground, sighing, “She is, JinRi. And, we can’t change it. Of how my dad always told her to behave well, JiYoung would not obey to every single of his words. I don’t…actually like her either.”

“But, don’t you feel scared? She might get in the same class as you. Then, God knows what will happen,” JinRi clasped her hands together with her eyes widened to me.

“We’ll see. But, JinRi, I don’t think I’m in the mood of talking ‘bout her right now.”

My bright appearance sort of faded from my face; JinRi noticed it. She nodded immediately then not a word trailed afterwards. I glanced to her then just sighed.

 


 

Jay’s POV

Without knocking, I just stepped inside the dancing room. As usual, no one would ever notice me. I put my bag onto the floor and sat before it. I glimpsed at the wall clock. 15 minutes left till the class start. Now, what should I do? Remembering that I brought along my MP3, I plunged in my earphone into my ear canal. I REMEMBER echoed in my head and I hummed along with it.

As I looked up, the girl smiled at me as usual. She always smiled to me whenever we met. I guess she was one of my classmates. I didn’t reply her but just looked at the back of my hands. That was my personality.  I did not get along well with people. Why would I? Well, except for Amber.

Three songs passed, BoA seonsangnim finally came. But, oh, why would I realize when WARRIOR was beating in maximum volume in my ears?

Someone tapped on my shoulder making me tilted my head to her. It’s that girl, again. I sighed and pulled out my earphone while glaring at her, “Wae?”

“Hmmm…” she bited her lower lip, “Jay sunbae, BoA seonsangnim is here. So, you know, we have to move on,” one of her hand was on her back of nape.

O, really? I put my MP3 in my bag, “Thanks.”

“The name is Bomi; Yoon Bomi,” she smiled.

Bomi? I don’t remember stranger’s name. And as if we will talk again in the future. She waited for me to stand up before she walked a little behind me; following my pace.

“Look at that dancing machine,” someone’s voice hit my eardrum.

I’m not that idiot to not know that the mocking sentences were dedicated to me with the ‘dancing machine’ words were being stressed and the two fingers from each hands of the mocker were up in the air.

I turned to my left and oh well; two girls; Victoria and HyoYeon were glaring at me.

What? Who’s here, man? I returned them a glare.

“Sunbae, just ignore them. BoA seonsangnim is at the front,” the girl named Bomi touched my arms.

I snatched my arm from her.

That was considered kind of me. I did not let strangers touched me.

“I’m sorry,” she apologized.

I hummed.

“Why would someone like her ever exist? O, I couldn’t believe that she ever dancing!” Victoria added what HyoYeon blurted out just now.

O. MA. GOD! Hello, guys~! Haven’t you remember who fell in the last class? Idiots like you guys, of course! And, you guys still can accuse that I’m not even dancing?! Freaking idiots!

“Sunbae–”

 “Ara. Kaja!”