Grouping together

Trick or Torture?

Sorry, bros and ladies. She’s now taken.”

I tried my hardest to take a peek at the person’s face but before I could do that or right after his words blurted out, I could recognize the lisp right away. As I realized, I was dragged, following to his destination with his arm tangled around my neck.

“Let me go, Oh Sehun,” I breathed, struggling free from his hold. I saw the boys and the girls stared at our weird posture along the way. This is becoming an embarrasment.

“Sehun, let go!” I whispered sternly.

Sehun freed me but not for long as he brought his arm over my shoulder… I think I am getting a headache. “Why, SuHyun? Scared at seeing me? Don’t be. This is just a beginning,” he laughed then ruffled my hair making me having a bad hair day.

I fixed it then glared at him. “If you don’t have anything to do with me, let go. I’m going for a group. I haven’t got one,” I stated then brushed his arm off from my shoulder.

Sehun rolled his eyes then flicked his finger onto my forehead. Ouch! That hurts like hell. I shut my eyes in pain then my hands automatically got onto the forehead, rubbing it for any relief. “Realize it, slow poke. You’re in my group now. Still, we need two other students,” he looked like he was searching throught the crowd.

“And, who’s the third student?” I asked, in curious.

Sehun turned to me then was ready to flick onto my forehead again but I stopped him before I could get a bruise from that flick, “A ... a! I know! I know! Let me guess. It’s Luhan, right? Am I right?” I asked, unintentionally quickly in a sentence.

Sehun just smirked then called Luhan to come over. “Why didn’t you invite Jongin to join with us?” Luhan asked while trotting towards us.

“Oh, hyung! Don’t make me start. I would definitely never regain my fame if Jongin is with us. He stole the spotlight from me, and I know hyung would be staring at him too and not at me…” he trailed, pouting.

Sehun did that everytime Luhan mentioned Jongin, I knew he was jealous. What a turn-over. Luhan chuckled, showing his eye-smile then patted Sehun’s chin as if he was a cat, for the reply. “I’ll never do that,” he coaxed, smiling.

I trailed my vision around the room then witnessed something surprising. I saw Bomi and NamJoo talking … to JiYoung. It was a first for JiYoung to even talk with a person, well, except for Amber; like what Jinri told me. JiYoung was still in her usual posture, not bothering to hear anything from the two girls. She was not being friendly; I despised that side pf JiYoung, really disliking it.

“Dude, why didn’t you take me into your group? I thought we’re the best buds in the world,” Jongin came, slapping Sehun at the back.

Sehun almost stumbled to the front; Luhan and I laughed at that. “No and no. I won’t take you. You caught every girl’s attention even when you sleep, so get away before I become infamous,” he stated with his boring look, then shoved Jongin aside.

Jongin slightly smirked to his friend’s silly actions. “Nahh. That didn’t bother me. I came here to promote someone to you,” Jongin said, then suddenly called that person to us. “We’ve just met each other but I could sense that he got the moves for dancing. He’s good at it.”

We felt very surprised to see a new face in our group, Moon Jongup; the friend of DaeHyun, YoungJae and JunHeong came running to us, beamingly smiled. He seemed shy and polite kind of person. “Hi, my name is Moon JongUp. Nice to meet you,” he bowed, greeting us. Not to mention, he’s the same aged as me but he was showing respect to the hyungs in front of him.

“Oh, you are that kid BoA-nim praised about,” Sehun mentioned then I hit him on the head for that.

“Don’t call him ‘kid’. That sounds rude. And, he’s in your age as well,” I explained but was glaring at me for making him look like a fool.

Luhan asked Jongup some other questions but I couldn’t make out to what they were talking about. My mind was wandering around; so now, only one student to go. A girl, that is.

I could sense that Jongin walking then stood next to me, “You need one girl student more.”

“Why bother?” My eyebrows creased in puzzled.

He leaned closer, closing the gap then whispered, “Why don’t you take your step-sister, JiYoung in?”

JiYoung … JiYoung … JiYoung … Damn it.

My mind processed everything what Jongin asked then I restrained myself from trying to pick a fight with Jongin. He was being sarcastic at the moment; really was. I did not even dare to look at his way, not daring to look into his eyes because I knew I would throw draggers right away.

“Don’t mention about him, Jongin. Not in the mood,” I murmured, stressing it out.

Jongin hummed in response, staring at JiYoung. Then, he glanced at me; “‘He’ would be proud if you can finally get along with your sister,” Jongin said.

Sister …. Sis … step-sister … No, she’s my step-sister. “She’s not my sis. She’s nobody to me,” I sternly said then another thing realized me.

Jongin said ‘He’; I knew who he was referring to. I shut myself away as quick as possible. My eyes were still locked to the ground until Jongin mentioned about JiYoung again; “You have to take her. Trust me; she can be better than me.” Then he walked off, going to another group. Better than Jongin? JiYoung? I snorted … As if.

I didn’t know how much time I have wasted to just space out but Luhan startled me out, Thank God. “SuHyun, let’s go. We’ve found another student to take.”

I – what?? My eyes widenend in surprise and as God knows what will happen next; I kind of almost got a heart attack from it. I saw JiYoung before my eyes; The JiYoung that I thought I could get away from. What on Earth was happening? JiYoung was a safe distance from me. Not that we might get into a fight or anything; just we don’t want to even start a conversation. That’s how awkward we are.

I whispered to Luhan in slight anger; “Why her?”

Luhan looked to me with confused expression crossed his face, “Well… w-well, Jongin … told me to.”

I knew it! I sighed then shrugged it off, “Fine.”

The, as I was wandering, I caught a glimpse of Jongup talking to her. I shouldn’t have thought of this but I wandered what they were talking about. It seemed personal … Wait, why do I even care?! I held myself from talking then after BoA seonsangnim announced the group to go first, I started to feel nervous.

Dancing… was like the last thing I would ever do. I am capable for dancing but Jongin told me I at it, really really hard. Plus, Sehun would be the one laughing at me if I dance and Jongin would probably try to stiff a laugh too. But, Jongin taught me how and Sehun just … will never. What a friend.

“Su, practice, now,” informed Sehun.

I started to get lifeless, “Do we have to?”

Sehun rolled his eyes then dragged me by the arm to our group. I could hear the voices going high after I got there. JiYoung seemed to have an accompany; that was Jongup. Luhan was already practicing his moves whilst Jongup did the same but that ‘someone’ just stood there, judging them as if she was an expert for all of these.

Many groups were near us; practicing and vocalising their voices. I should get ready too. Though, I could remember only a few dance steps. Damn, I’m in trouble! I walked to Sehun for some help but was held for a moment when suddenly Jongup said something seemed inviting, “JiYoung-ssi, go show your dance steps. We heard you are good at it.”

JiYoung lifted her eyes, searching for the voice then caught eyes with Jongup. let out a sigh then came up with a short answer, “No, thanks.”

That was the first time I ever heard her voice right after she left Daddy with me. But, she did not actually left just, ran out from our house. Still, her tone did sound cold and lonely; she was trying her best to keep herself away from others.

I stole a glance to Jongup and thought that he would feel sad or dissapointed by the rejection but to my surprise, he didn’t. Jongup raised his eyebrows in thoughtful then a pleading smile brought up to his lips, “Come on. We’re only watching, nothing else.”

What does he mean by ‘nothing else’? Was she being bullied and mocked that’s why Jongup said ‘nothing else’? I don’t fully understand just yet. Hearing to Jongup’s statement, JiYoung’s eyes diverted to his and without any words came out afterwards, JiYoung suddenly positioned a little front from us then within seconds for preparation, she started to move.