Big Screen.

Technical Issue.

 - Big Screen-

 

  Everyone was running everywhere, some were busy talking in their walkie-talkie, others were checking technical details.   It was already night but the air was still warm, it was the month of August and the place was filled. « BoA on standby! Tell them to leave by the right side! She’ll be coming by the middle! » a staff member screamed in his walkie-talkie. We were in August and SMTOWN was holding his fourth concert in Jakarta, Indonesia.

 

 He was sitting with s,  watching on the big screen the others artist performances. 12 of them sitting on the grass and on some chairs wearing their stage costumes  and still no one  taking a look at them. Because they were probably the 2013 most popular group, taking every trophies on their way, they were still SM Maknaes, being popular for 1year only was noting compared to their agency sunbaes worldwide and restless popularity. 

Indeed being EXO was nothing when you had to mach with SM artiste sales and results. « There take some. » he heard someone saying to him, « What? » it was Suho his leader, « Chocolats? Do you want some? » the leader asked him. « No, thank you hyung. I don’t feel like eating right now. » he answered still watching the big screen. Suho looked at , it was always the same thing, each time they had to perform next to their sunbaes, Luhan was showing weird expressions, his body was with them but not his mind. « You know they won’t judge us or be harsh with us. No matter what you think, you should always remember that we’re part of the SM Family. They love us don’t worry. » the leader tried to say. 

Luhan thanked his hyung for showing so much concern. But he did not have to worry, he was extremely proud to be part of the SM agency; all of these glorious artist who he used to watch on Tv only. He was probably not that close to them, but stil he could call them « Hyung » and « Noona ». « Guys don’t you have a backstage room? » a staff member came shouting, « You’re blocking the way, not only for the staff but also for your sunbae! DBSK, SJ & GG rooms are on this way! How can they reach the stage if you’re blocking the only way they got!? » the manager screamed not with some affection towards EXO, after all he was only treating them the same way he used to do with  the other groups. 

DBSK, SJ and GG: SM money maker and share holders. They told him he had to work hard to reach their level. Their statut was already making it difficult for him to meet them, but their schedule either was not helping. But what did he expect? 

He thought they would all fly together to Jakarta, the same way they used to do before when F(x) were still the maknaes, so he would get the chance to bond with them. Deception when he learned that they would take the midnight flight. « But hey! What do you think!? Now that you’re here only one airplane isn’t enough. You’ll get to fly with F(x) and SHINEE. » So he thought he would see them at the rehearsal, but again FAIL, because being a big senior you could tell your manger that you were tired and wouldn’t join the rehearsal. « They’re in the industry for ten years now. Can you call in question their capacity? They’ll be fresh and ready to give their performance tomorrow. Don’t worry about them. » 

Luhan looked on his right side, the SJ coordinator noona, the only clue telling him that they were indeed present. Growing tired the young man looked back at the big screen, BoA was singing the last verse of her song, « Seohyun ah here! » he heard the SJ coordinator noona screaming  while showing the technical area. « Thanks unnie ! » the woman finally made her apparence, she was wearing her smtown costume, black sparkly shorts, brown top and long black tigh boots. 

He watched her approaching the table where all the mic were organized, each with a special number for each artist. She seemed to hesitated, choosing the right one, « This one, this is yours take it. » the technician told her « Thank you Oppa » she smiled taking it and checking it. He remained watching every move of her, she turned taking a look at the screen, a different one from the one he was until now looking at; F(x) was performing « Pinnochio »  he noticed her lips moving, following the lyrics, he find himself smiling. She was radiating in the dark night, and he find himself in the dark when a masculine and tall figure came passing next to him, approaching the woman, « Seohyunnie why did you left? » he heard the DBSK maknae asking her while putting his hand on her shoulder for her to let him access to the table. « Really funny oppa! » the woman laughed taping his shoulder.  He watched them interacting from afar, they were right, everyone loves her, the « Angel,princess Maknae » how Leeteuk would and still call her. She was still talking to Changmin, she seemed to tell a story to which he seemed very interested;. She did not stop talking and laughing with this man she had known for 15 years despite being only 23 years old. Which actually meant All her life. « DBSK on standby! » the staff member called interrupting them. 

                        Was the DBSK maknae another barrier before being able to reach for her? 

 

«  Hyung! » he heard Kai screaming, greeting the other DBSK member from afar. Luhan looked as the DBSK leader and main dancer making his way toward the technical area to get himself ready, « Did you take my mic Seohyunnie? » he asked her patting her hair, « No Oppa, I think Changmin Oppa took it for you. » she answered still busy watching the screen. Luhan remained starring at the scene, envious of this simple and very casual conversation, of the way they were interacting, of the way she was at ease and close to the two members. « Fighting oppa! I’ll be watching! » she cheered  them. « You’re up next! » the manager informed her, « Get the GG members ready! » he this time said into his walkie talkie. Suddenly the lights turned off, darkness, an explosion and fireworks, DBSK was finally appareling on stage performing « Rising Sun ». 

Everyone seemed to be into the performance, from the staff to the artist present, everyone except one person stopped watching. Everyone except Luhan who remained watching her, she was getting herself ready. But he noticed that she was facing some difficulties, she couldn’t put the mic string under her shirt. The others GG members were still not there and there weren’t any female staff in the area, only male technicians. He wished he could stand up, reach her, and help her putting this damn mic under her shirt, caressing her back, touching her bare skin. 

He could do it, no one was watching, the area was dark, she wouldn’t refuse, she was about to go on stage, he was just helping right? At least he tried to convince himself….

 

But guess someone has been quickest than him, someone who wouldn’t be ashamed to touch her bare skin, someone she would accept the intimate touch. 

He did not see him coming from the right side, coming in his performance costume. 

But she seemed to have, because you suddenly could catch a smile on her face.  He took from her hand the case that you put into her back pocket. He saw him grinning,while placing it in her shorts back pocket.   She could have done this alone, but he took it from her hand or wait…maybe she was the  giving it to to him?  

 

 

 He watched him secretly ping her top, putting his hand under her shirt as well as her hair upfront on her chest, he watched him as his hands slide from bottom to top until reaching her  white neck. He remained frozen watching this scene, starring at  the two in the corner where no one could see them. They were people everywhere around but the two seemed to be in their own world, not knowing that someone was actually watching them. He kept watching as the manly hand was meeting the soft and white skin that he could only imagine. The manly hand under the shirt seemed to be so familiar to the woman’s skin. The woman was smiling, her cheeks turning pink, the man was whispering something into her ear, putting her hair back to its place at the same time. He saw her turning to face the man, he could only see her back now, a back he was believing has been touched a billion times by this man, a feminine back he imagined white like porcelain. He saw the man starring at him, but for only 2seconds, his hand in his pockets, he looked back at the woman in front of him, a sad smile appearing on his face. Why? Only the two of them could know the answer. 

 

  The woman put her hand around the man’s face, making the man’s mouth bigger. She tiptoed for which seemed to reach for his lips, but the man turned his face on the right, he did not seem to want her red lips to touch his manly lips. If only he knew how lucky he was. Luhan stood up his eyes not drifting apart from the couple. The woman took the man’s hands putting them behind her back, forcing the man to bend, his lips finally landing on her lips.  His lips crashed on hers, his hands still locked in her back.  He heard her laugh, between the kisses,  a different laugh from the one she gave to the technician or Changmin, a different laugh from the one she would gave on Tv, she gave a laugh only him could give her. 

« Girls’ Generation on standby! », a staff member shouted, causing the couple to separated from their embrace.  He watched her quickly putting her earphone on, he watched her giving a quick peck on the man’s cheek while he was taking his mic on the table, patting his back, while she was  whispering in his ear, did they have that much to say to each other Luhan thought.  The man laughed, while she left joining her unnies on the other side of the backstage area. He watched her passing in front of him, her hair moving with the wind, and her difficulty to walk on the grass with her high heels. s stood up bowing to her, while she only nodded from her head. « Enjoy the show guys. » she told them before disappearing in the darkness of the standby area where he could only spot her sparkly shorts. But still he could imagine her curves, « EXO on standby! You’re up next! » the SMtown Manager told them, forcing s to suddenly stood up and blocking his view. He could not see her anymore, « Let’s get our mic Luhan! » Kris told him when he saw that the young man was not following the group. Suddenly the lights went off, Kris voice seemed now far away, the cheers from the crowd took over the EXO-M leader’s words, he starred at the big screen, Girls’ Generation was finally making their apparence with « Run Devil Run ». He wished he could watch their performance, returning to 3 years ago when he could only watch them on Tv, when he could only imagine from afar how she would looked in reality.   «  They already started! Let’s go! » the tall man dragged him towards the mic table. But the young man pushed away his hand, « Go ahead, I’ll join you » he said, Kris looked at the boy then at the screen, and as if he was understanding the situation, he looked at the boy again, « I’ll get you your mic. » he said before making his way towards the table. Luhan looked at the tall man, his eyes following the man but quickly returning to the screen as if it was calling his name. He waited for her apparence and finally there she was, leading her unnies, the camera taking each part of her , making a down-up capture of her entire body, her hair flying with the wind and her glare fierce as never. It lasted only 10 seconds but it felt like ten years, her part over he finally got the courage or perhaps the strength to join s who were getting ready.  He took off his eyes from the screen looking for s, and that’s when his eyes came in contact with someone’ else. Someone who seemed to have been starring at him for a while now. He looked at the man, he starred at the man who was the other successful maknae, he looked at Super Junior’s most precious and spoiled member, he looked at his sunbae, he looked at his hyung. He looked at Kyuhyun, the man who had the heart of Seohyun. And this night the man had a different look, a special one. The one you get when you’re finally understanding what’s going on or what has been going on for now a long time. 

Kyuhyun looked at the screen then again at Luhan, a grin appearing on his face when the others SJ members came to surround him. 

 

I might edit the end, I'm not happy with it. Give me your ideas.please.

By the way,  I'm still working on Time Has Come. I already wrote more than 7 different chapters but I always erase them, I'm never satisfed with them. 

-Ali-