Ch. 4

He's my husband?

When Kyungsoo arrived at his own house that night, he saw Onew standing infront of his door. Like he's waiting for Kyungsoo. Wait. Of course he's waiting. Or, is he? 

"O—Onew...?"

Onew turned his head towards the latter's direction. Kyungsoo went forward and stopped infront of the elder male.

"What are you—"

He was pulled into an embrace and Kyungsoo was shocked, he didn't know how to react. Especially because he had just met Onew.. like what, yesterday?"

"So... you're gonna marry Jongin.."

Kyungsoo's eyes widen (i don't know how big can he widen them again) and he pulled away from the embrace, "What—What do you mean? How did you—"

Onew pulled out his phone and showed Kyungsoo an article on some sort of website. 

'Dubstep's Kim Jongin to marry top student, Do Kyungsoo.' 

Kyungsoo blinked. What? How did that spread so fast? Who did it? Jongin couldn't have done it. That's impossible for Jongin to do it. Exactly because Jongin called him a filth. 

"So it's true, huh?" Onew spoke, and Kyungsoo looked down. 

"I—I didn't want to.. we were set up by his family and—"

"I don't want to know." 

Kyungsoo kept quiet. 

"I just— Onew.." 

"I'll see you tomorrow." 

Kyungsoo wanted Onew to stay. But the male already went into the elevator and Kyungsoo blinked in confusion. He was gonna marry Jongin, everybody knew. Now what? 


*


Tomorrow came by too fast to Kyungsoo's liking. But he didn't meet Onew at all. He did try to call the male, but he didn't pick up. 

So the day ended fast too. 

Kyungsoo was about to climb into a taxi when a familiar voice called him, "Kyungsoo?" 

The doe-eyed male froze. It couldn't be. 

"Y—Yes?" 

"Hi." 

Kyungsoo then turned around after apologizing to the taxi driver and faced his worst nightmare. 

His—husband to be.

"What do you want, Jongin?" 

Jongin chuckled, "Wow, why are you so snappy?" 

"Nothing to do with you."

Kyungsoo sigh, "What do you want, Jongin-ah?" 

"I wanted to spend time with you since we are getting married sooner or later." 
 
Jongin smiled and Kyungsoo almost choked because the smile looked oh so fake and Kyungsoo knew what Jongin was trying to do when he saw a group of girls walking towards their direction. 

Kyungsoo bit his bottom lips, before hooking his arms around Jongin's and dragging him into a nearby restaurant, getting angry glances from the girls. 

"And I thought you were snappy today," Jongin snickered. 

"I am. I just want you to remember our deal."

Jongin smirked, and Kyungsoo wanted to stab himself with a knife because, gosh, Jongin looks so handsome and he should remember that his mission was only to change Jongin, that is if he succeeds. 


*


Jongin treated Kyungsoo into a fancy dinner and Kyungsoo just smiled. When Jongin started whining about the food being too hot or too spicy, Kyungsoo laughed whole-heartedly.

Where was the cold arrogant Jongin he knew. 

Kyungsoo glanced at his clock and it was already 10pm. Wow, it's been an hour since he and Jongin started eating and Jongin smiled as he paid the bills.

Girls who passed by their table on stare darkly at Kyungsoo but Jongin quickly took hold of Kyungsoo's hand and squeezed it lightly, before pulling him up and dragging him away. 

He dropped Kyungsoo off infront of his apartment gate and bade goodbye and Kyungsoo swore he was amazed on what just happened because Jongin was awfully— sweet? 

But this is just an act. Because Kyungsoo saw two men in suits following after Jongin's car and gosh, how could Kyungsoo be so stupid to ever think that Jongin would ever be nice to him? 

Kyungsoo was too lazy to wait for the elevator so he took the stairs to his apartment door and when he arrived, he saw Onew sitting infront of his door, head down low. Was he sleeping? Did he..

Did he wait for me? 

Kyungsoo gently pat Onew on his shoulder. "O—Onew.." 

Onew jerked awake and saw Kyungsoo before standing up and patting the dust of his pants, "It's 11. Where have you been?"

"How long have you been here?" 

Onew shrugged, "Since 8, I guess. Lucky me those neighbours of yours didn't think I was a hobo or something or they would've kicked me out." 

"8? Gosh Onew! You could've catch a cold!" 

Kyungsoo quickly unlocked the door to his apartment and both of the male went in. 

"I'm gonna get you a cup of tea." 

Onew sat on the couch and leaned his head back as he took out his phone. He scrolled down some recent news and one caught his sight. It was a picture of Kyungsoo and.. Jongin. 

The male gritted his teeth because they looked so happy and they were holding hands and, gosh he just wanted to smother Jongin with a stinky pillow so bad right now. 

Kyungsoo came back with two cups of tea in his hand and placed them on the table. He sat down beside Onew and looked at the latter, "What are you doing here?" 

"I thought we had dinner together. I texted you." 

Kyungsoo blinked and ran to his room to grab his phone. To his surprise, yes. Onew did text him. 9 times.

17:22 - We're gonna go out for dinner right?

17:41 - I'm gonna pick you up at 8.

18:26 - What should I wear? Casual? 

18:53 - I hope you'll show up looking good looking as always.

19:49 - I'm gonna come up now. I hope you're ready.

20:24 - If you didn't have time, you could always tell me.

20:48 - Kyungsoo-yah.

21:55 - It's almost 10, where are you? 

23:11 - I'm gonna leave at 11:30 if you're not gonna reply me.

Kyungsoo gasped and covered his mouth with his hand. He came out to the living room to discover the house was empty, and Onew wasn't there anymore. 


*


Day turn into weeks and soon, it had been 14 days since he last encountered Onew (and Jongin). To be honest, Kyungsoo was very lonely without the other male and he just wanted Onew to be there and all. 

When a typical Wednesday came, a knock came on the door and Kyungsoo lazily opened the door without his spectacles and messy hair and he was shocked to see Jongin infront of his apartment. 

"Yes?" Kyungsoo asked and Jongin stared at him because, honestly, Kyungsoo looked so perfect and so gorgeous and Jongin thought he could fall in love but a huge boulder blocking Jongin's heart caused the opposite. 

Jongin invited himself inside the apartment and realize Kyungsoo was only in his—cough—underwear with a big t-shirt that barely covered his thighs. He could just drool at how milky those thighs were—wait, what?

"Did I come to early?" 

Kyungsoo shook his head, "It's 9 anyway. I slept late so, yeah." 

"Why did you sleep late?" 

"I was baking last night." 

Jongin gave out a small smile, and Kyungsoo can't find the sincereness in the smile. 

"So, go get ready! Dad's asking me to bring you out and look for wedding clothes." 

Kyungsoo bit his lips and nodded slightly, "I'm gonna get a shower so if you need anything, the fridge is always filled with food, television's always on; the remote is on the counter. And if Dyo comes back, don't kick him." 

"Dyo...?"

"My cat." 

Jongin's lips formed a small 'o' and nodded.

 

*

 

Kyungsoo went to his room and Jongin went to the kitchen and checked the fridge. Kyungsoo wasn't kidding. His fridge was full. Full of cakes and cookies and ice-creams. 

Jongin was about to take out the sandwich that looked so delicious when he felt something caressing against his feet and when he looked down, he smiled in awe. 

It was a fat, little munchkin kitty cat and Jongin couldn't stop smiling because the cat's eyes were just as wide as Kyungsoo's and Jongin squat down to pick up the cat and caress its fur, earning a purr from the cat. 

"So, you must be Dyo..." 

Meow.

"I'm gonna be your future daddy" 

And Dyo purred as Jongin it's fur.

 

*


About 20 minutes later, Jongin was eating sandwich while watching television (Dyo was sleeping on his lap) and he heard a knock on the door. He gently placed Dyo down on the couch then went over to the door and opened it to a unknown male with a bouquet of flowers in his hands.  

"Oh. You must be Jongin." 

"Yes. And who are you?" 

"I'm Lee Jinki. Onew."

"Oh, that tennis player." Jongin made a hand-gesture. 

"So, where is Kyungsoo?" Onew asked.

"He's getting ready."

Onew frown, "Is he going somewhere?" 

"Yes. We're going on a date." 

As soon as the word date escaped Jongin's lips, Kyungsoo came out of the bedroom and when he saw Jongin with Onew on the door way, he almost fainted. 

"O—Onew.. You didn't tell me you were coming.." 

"I was gonna ask you out for brunch. There's this new restaurant in the area." 

Kyungsoo pressed his lips into a thin line, "Are those—"

Onew knew what Kyungsoo was talking about and he stretched out his hand to hand it over to Kyungsoo, "These are for you."

Kyungsoo's lips formed into a heart-shape smile and Onew could just die at the sight because someone as beautiful as Kyungsoo was so breath-taking. 

But Kim Jongin hates the scene infront of him right now. 

And he has no idea why. 

"Dinner tonight?" Onew asked.

Kyungsoo bit his lip shyly and... nodded. 

Wait, what? Did he just nod to Onew infront of his future husband? 

Jongin then grabbed Kyungsoo's hand, "We're leaving." 

Onew then grabbed the other, "Not so fast." 

Kyungsoo gasped. He didn't like where this was going.

Jongin gritted his teeth, "Let go of my fiancee."

Onew spat back, "Let go of my boyfriend." 

Kyungsoo gasped again. What was happening. 

 


 

SO HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY KYUNGSOO

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONGIN.

 

I'm so sorry for not updating for a long time but I'm so busy with school and now here's chapter 4.

So much drama, gosh. 

So yeah. 

I'll try and update very soon or maybe twice a week because I'm still working on Falling In Love with Mr. Arrogant's sequel. 

So please wait and I will update chapter 5 real soon! 

 

follow me; @koalabaek // exosoghei

 

Sincerely,

Ayi.