Ch. 7

He's my husband?

It's been a month since Jongin and Kyungsoo have been living together.

Moving in with Kyungsoo was a mistake, Jongin thought, because day by day, he's starting to fall in love with the doe-eyed male. But because of the locks to his heart's gate, he just never wants to admit it. 

Jongin was also really surprised because whenever he gets mad at anything, he ends up yelling at Kyungsoo if the male doesn't get home in time—or make him dinner yet Kyungsoo never yelled back. He just gave Jongin a (hurtful, sad) smile and stayed calm. 

And it was the smile that Jongin fell for all the time.


-


One day, Kyungsoo visited Dubstep to talk about getting Jongin back in. Yixing was there, with Joonmyun too. 

"Kyungsoo?" 

Kyungsoo turned around and saw Joonmyun smiling at him—that sincere smile that he knew was the main reason why Yixing fell for the male. 

"Joonmyun-hyung!" 

"What are you doing here, Kyungsoo-yah?" 

"I'm actually here to talk to the president of this place. It's about Jongin." 

Joonmyun's eyes widen. Didn't Jongin and Kyungsoo broke up weeks ago....? 

Through confusion, Joonmyun showed the way to the president's office and smiled toward Kyungsoo before leaving to go back to where Yixing was.

Kyungsoo took a deep breath and knocked on the door that has the name-label 'Jung Yunho—President'

A man soon opened the door and smiled towards Kyungsoo. "May I help you?" 

"Is—Is the president in?" 

Jaejoong—his nametag says so—smiled before nodding and letting Kyungsoo in. 

The office sure was big, and Kyungsoo saw a handsome male, sitting behind a desk and jotting down notes from his computer. 

"Yunho-sshi. You have a guest." 

Yunho looked up and put down his pen—smiling towards Kyungsoo. Why was everyone in Dubstep so nice. 

"Ah. I think I know you. You must be Do Kyungsoo, am I right?" Yunho took off his spectacles and place them down on the desk. Wait a minute.

How did he know my name.... 

"Yes. I'm Do Kyungsoo." 

"I've always wanted to meet you in person. Yixing and his boyfriend are always talking about you. I'm sorry for the break up of you and Jongin." 

Kyungsoo gulped. 

"Anyways, why are you here, Kyungsoo?" 

Right. The reason to why I'm here. 

"I'm just wondering..." he paused momentarily, and Yunho's eyebrows raised slightly—as if he knew what Kyungsoo was going to say, "...will Jongin be able to rejoin Dubstep?" 

Yunho's smiled faltered, "I don't—I don't think so, Kyungsoo—yah." 

"Why?"

"I would love to have him back, Kyungsoo. But it's not my choice if it's about Jongin. His father gave us a warning—"

"Mr. Kim gave a warning?"

Yunho sighed, "Yes." 

Kyungsoo tilted his head slightly. 

Yunho continued, "Mr. Kim mentioned to us that day when Jongin got kicked out that if Jongin wants to rejoin the team, he has to pay an amount of 20 million won.."

"Is there any other way?" Kyungsoo bit his lips nervously.

"Well, other than 20 million won, the only way for him to get in is if Mr. Kim himself states that Jongin can rejoin the team. Other than that is a no. Mr. Kim never actually told the real reason why Jongin—"

"—got kicked out of the team..." Kyungsoo continued bitterly and Yunho nodded.

There was a silence between them, and Kyungsoo saw Yunho reaching out for Jaejoong's hand and grabbing  it tightly. Oh. They're together. 

"If I pay 20 million won for Jongin's entrance...." Kyungsoo started, breaking the silence and causing the couple—yes, he knew they were a couple by the hand—to look at him.

"...will Jongin be able to join?" 

"Are you sure you can get 20 million won?" Yunho spoke. 

"I can. If I try." Kyungsoo muttered. 

"Then we'll let Jongin in." 


-


Kyungsoo started working three different type of jobs every day but of course, without Jongin's knowledge. 

In the morning, from 7am until 11am, Kyungsoo was a music teacher at a famous music school, SM Arts High School. 

In the afternoon, starting from 12pm until 6pm, he was a pastry chef at Luhan's bakery

At night, 7pm until 10pm, he was a waiter at a restaurant near Luhan's bakery. 

Of course, he didn't get 20 million won straight away but he knew he can do it if he tried his best. 

And the best it will be. 


-


Jongin realizes it. Kyungsoo hadn't been home a lot nowadays and Jongin frowned. At that moment, realization hits. 

Was Kyungsoo seeing someone? 

The piece of paper in his hand was crumpled and he threw it to the corner of his room as he groaned in frustration. No. He just doesn't want to think of Kyungsoo being with anyone else. 

Whenever Jongin leaves for his job in the morning, Kyungsoo was already gone but never once did Kyungsoo forgot to prepare breakfast for Jongin. 

And whenever Jongin returned home, Kyungsoo wasn't there. 

Was Kyungsoo really seeing someone new? 

If it's true... 

...who was he seeing? 


-


Jongin decided to talk to Kyungsoo that night, so he waited for Kyungsoo in the living room. 

As he flipped through the (boring) channels, the he could hear keys unlocking the door and then a tired Kyungsoo appeared in-between the door frame. 

"Kyungsoo?" 

Kyungsoo was pulling his foot out of his shoes when he looked up and... oh gosh. He looked so miserable and those eye-bags were so visible under those big round eyes and Jongin swear, Kyungsoo got thinner than before. 

"Jongin-ah? Why aren't you asleep?" 

Jongin frowned. Why are you home late. 

"I want to talk to you, Kyungsoo." 

Kyungsoo sighed, "We can talk tomorrow, Jongin­-ah. I'm just so tired today so I'll just take a shower and be off to bed."

Before Jongin had a chance to reply, Kyungsoo already left for his bedroom and Jongin stood in the living room feeling rejected, abandoned, worried and somewhat, he felt as if Kyungsoo didn't love him anymore.


-


It was about midnight when Jongin entered Kyungsoo's bedroom (thank God the latter didn't lock the door) 

Kyungsoo was under his comforter and he looked so pale that Jongin's heart shattered into pieces and he walked closer before sitting at the edge of the bed. 

He pressed a palm on Kyungsoo's forehead and sighed in relief, knowing that Kyungsoo wasn't having high-fever. 

As Jongin was about to stand up and leave, Kyungsoo's phone beeped by the nightstand and Jongin decided to check it, even though he knew it was wrong but hey, he wanted to know if Kyungsoo was seeing someone.

There was a text from Luhan. 

'Kyungsoo-yah. Maybe you should take a day off tomorrow. Don't worry. I'll definately give you pay check the same amount. Just take a day off. You look so miserable with three jobs a day.' 

What? Three jobs a day? 

Jongin decided to scroll down some more of Kyungsoo's text message and saw an unknown name. 

Jiyong.

Who the was Jiyong.

Jongin clicked on the text and saw Jiyong's text. 

'Kyungsoo, you should stop taking three jobs a day. It'll get you tired and do you even notice how much weight you lost? I know this is about Jongin but please don't force too much on it, Kyungsoo-yah.'

What about me, Jongin thought.

He came by another text from a female named Tiffany.

Now who in the name of s is Tiffany, Jongin cursed in his brain.

'Yah. You should really learn to balance your time, Kyungsoo-sshi. It's alright. Take a rest tomorrow. I can take over your class, alright? Get well soon.' 

As Jongin was clicking the back button, a new text came in and it was from Luhan. 

'Kyungsoo-yah. How much money do you need now? I can help you get some. Well not too much because 20 million won is seriously a lot. But, I don't like seeing you taking 3 jobs a day. Everyone's worried about you. We see the effort you're doing for Jongin to get back in Dubstep but you can't do this all alone. I'm gonna help you, Kyungsoo.'

20—20 million...? 

Kyungsoo was working so hard for me? 

Jongin took a deep breath and placed the phone down back to where it was. 

He brushed a piece of hair off Kyungsoo's forehead. 

"Kyungsoo-yah.." 

He caressed Kyungsoo's cheeks and continued, "...I really need you to know that even though I'm mean to you... I know deep down inside, I feel something towards you.." 

He brushed his thumb over Kyungsoo's lips, "And I'm a coward. I can't bring myself to see what that thing was. And now—," he sighed, "—now you're working so hard just to get me back into Dubstep.." 

Jongin was gonna cry, "But honestly, right now... being with you is the greatest thing in the world, compared to anything else—even Dubstep." 

He leaned down and pressed his lips gently against Kyungsoo's forehead. 

Standing up, he kissed Kyungsoo's hand before leaving the room and heading back to his own bedroom. 

 


 

Hey guys!

Here's chapter 7 for everyone. 

I'm just so bored because there's no homework so I decided to update. 

I'm sorry my writing all of a sudden but I tried. 

And thanks to all the new subscribers and commenters. 

Saranghae everyone. I love you fags. 

Maybe... I'll update chapter 8 tomorrow? But no promises! Maybe I'll have to stay in school or I have homeworks or whatever so yeah.

so bye guys. enjoy this chapter.

 

Lots of love; 

Ayi. <333