5 Days Ago

Brotherly

-five days ago-
*flashback*

I'm at home having a movie night surrounded by my family that loves me.
"Hey, can you pass the popcorn?"
"Say please to your oppa, not 'hey'..."
"Araso... Araso..."
"The movie is gonna start!"
"Hey, move your head! I can't see the T.V..."
"Shh!"
"Gonna press play... Ready Seohyun-ah ?"
"Nae!"
"Hurry! It's gonna start!"
"Aannnddd..... PLAY!"

FLASH!

The flash of the T.V. turned into the bright yellow sun out of nowhere. I looked around me and I see that it was the family trip to the beach like about when I was probably ten.
"Umma! The sea is soo fresh!"
"It is, isn't it?"
"Hey! Race you to the ocean!"
"Huh? Wait for me!"
"Unni! Hold my hand. I'm scared..."
"Oh...(awkward chuckle)... um, yea. Sure Seohyun. Kaja!"
"Palli! You're soo slow!"
"Okay... When the waves come, dive into it, araso?"
Everyone joined hands.
"...3...2...1... GO!"

SPLASH!

 

"HUH!"

Where am I? What happened? Eottokha- oh...nevermind.

         I found myself in bed dreaming about my kiddy days. Weird... because in a few days, I'm gonna turn 18. And it didn't just happen today, but other days in this month, too. Three weeks ago was my 13th birthday, the beginning of this month was my 9th, Sunday was my 14th, and on every other day was everyother birthday.... Except my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th birthday, but I think that's just because I was too young to remember. I was too tired to get up so I looked at my alarm clock while laying down still.

"9:25 AM" 

          Well, I gotta get up for work. I graduated last year and I have been working ever since. I am a cashier at Build-A-Bear, the coffee maker at Starbucks, and I refill the ice cream and topping stations in Tutti Frutti. My oldest brother, Kyuhyun, is a plastic surgeon and my older sister, Taeyeon, is in college to become a dentist. Then there's my younger brother and sister, Janey ans Samuel. And they both are in school right now. And then right between Taeyeon and Janey is me Seo Joohyun, Seohyun, the middle kid. And we also have a dog named Babe. He's fully grown husky, trained, and playful. He's literally my best friend. I've had him ever since I was just a kid and like protector, whenever he sees people coming close to me, he's ready to attack. I don't know why but whatever I do to teach him that one lesson, he doesn't listen, but it's only that one lesson though. And he always sleeps in my room everynight or where ever I am.

           I groaned,"Better get up ..." I finished getting ready and I went downstairs and my mom, was there in the kitchen. 

          "Seohyun? Are you going to work right now?"

          Instead of the frontdoor, I turned to the kitchen,"Nae, umma..."

          "Tutti Frutti?"

          "Ani... Starbucks."

         "Okay then coffee won't do good soo..." my mom handed me a cake pop. "Here... Making them for Samuel and Janey... Oh! And don't forget. Your older brother and sister is coming tomorrow. So make sure everything is nice and tidy in all the rooms..."

         "Did them yesterday...Kay then... I'm on my way..." I hugged my mom, slipped my bag on my shoulder and waved her good-bye,"I'm leaving... See you later, love you!" 

-after work-

         I sighed while unlocking the door and closing it after I entered. "I'm home!" I slipped off my boots and put on my slippers. I bought one white hot cocolates, one regular hot chocolate (both with extra wip cream), one vanilla bean(with extra caramel), and five croissants; Janey, Samuel, and umma's favorite. Then I saw the kitchen light so I assumed that everybody's there. 

          "Hey, I got you guys your favor-" I confusedly looked around the empty room. Which was strange because everybody's usually in the kitchen when I get back home from work everyday. THUMP! THUMP! THUMP!

         My head flung up to the ceiling. It sounded like someone was running on the second story of the house. I slowly walked to the table, reached under it and grabbed a metal knuckle brace. Before Kyuhyun lefted for college, he taught me how to defend myself in case if someone came to attack me or the family while he was gone and he told me where all the braces were stored and hidden in the house.

          I took off my slippers and put my boots back on to prevent any sound and slid the brace on my right hand and slowly walked up the stairs without making any noise. There was two ways in the house. The left stairs takes you to where Samuel and Kyuhyun's rooms are and on the right stairs takes you to my mom, Taeyeon, and Janey's. But if you go further up to the third floor, that's where my room is at. I stopped and listened to see where the sound is coming from. I couldn't hear anything then I looked at the both stairs. I couldn't decide whether which I should take then suddenly... THUMP! I swivered my body starting up the right side of the stairs with my hands in position in case something appears out of nowhere. The first room was umma's but nothing was there, then Janey's room but there was no existence of intruders. And lastly was Taeyeon's unoccupied room. Her room window had a roof slope so it'd be a way to break into the house.

          I took a deep breath and quickly open the door and went into the room examining carfully. The window curtains were fluttering swiftly revealing the chilly wind coming through the opened window. I walked steadily to it looking back and forth out of it then back and forth once more and then I closed it. After putting the curtains in place, I turned and I nearly fell to the ground by a loud popping noise. I opened my eyes and I saw colorful confetti paper falling to the floor. Behind the falling confetti stood my mom, Janey, and Samuel. Then my eyes had gotten bigger.

          "Oh! TAEYEON!!"
          "Woah! My gosh!" Taeyeon exclaimed, "you got REALLY strong Seo."
          "Unniii.... I though you were coming tomorrow..." I sniffled. 
          "I was but I couldn't wait any longer.... And you haven't changed at all..."
          "...*sniffle*... Unni..."
          "Well, you grew some curves though but..." Taeyeon interrupted while snickering.
          "I missed you sooo much"
          "Aww... I missed you too babe" Taeyeon's arm tightened. Then she grabbed my shoulders and pulled me away. "Sooo... What are you waiting for?"
          "Huh?"   ... Waiting?... For what ?
          "Well..." Taeyeon turned to my mom and then back to me. "He's wouldn't stop talking 'bout the Hyunnies back together..."

          "Huh!!" I didn't need a second to think. Once she said 'Hyunnies' I immediately took off to Kyuhyun's room. Back when everyone lived together, Kyuhyun was like a second hand to me. When I was in Jr. High and he was in High School, I'd see him waiting for me in his school uniform in front of my school to take me out for ice cream or a snack even though his school ended like an hour before mine. And whenever we watched movies at home, we'd always sit on the two-seater couch and share the same furry blanket. Just thinking about him right now is making me run faster and faster. I stopped infront of his door panting heavily an I slowly turned the doorknob with my eyes shut. The door wasn't open at all yet but I still heared a response.

         "Can you hurry Seo? I'm dying to see you..."

         Just by hearing his voice, I noticed that a lot has changed. His voice has gotten deeper and he must've gotten taller, too, by how high his voice range was. And I was right. Right after I swung the door open, I could see that he has changed a lot, but it felt like he didn't in a way.

          "Oppa!!" Kyuhyun was laughing while he swung me in the air around and round. And even though I got taller compared to the last time I saw him, he had gotten more taller. So, while he slouched, I had to tippy-toe. 

         I couldn't let go of my tight grip on him and he sniffed me. Spending a whole day at Starbucks really can attract a lot of people, y'know. "Mmm... Got another job?" he asked 

           "Two more jobs..." I said while hugging him still. And he laughed,"Missed you,Oppa..."

         "You too, Seo..." he said softly. Then he pulled back," If you continue with all this sweetness your gonna make grown man cry..."

         "Then I might just make my future husband cry everyda-"

         "Who said your gonna have a husband?!" Kyuhyun said cutting me off. It's funny because Taeyeon said that she'd like to have new brother-in-law from me, but Kyuhyun would always disagree with the fact and always say "Seohyun will never have husband as long as I'm alive..." And one time he almost made me promise him that I will not get married to a man ever.

        "Man... I thought you'd forget by now..." I said jokingly.

        "Well, this man will never forget about his little sister," he said pointing himself out," now come on. Let's all go downstairs."

        "Kay..." Now this felt like a family again. We sang, danced, played, bake food, watched movies, and joked around. And this definitely is the best birhtday present ever. Well... best EARLY birthday present.

          We were all in the kitchen probably like at 2 in the morning. Funny because my mom told everyone to sleep before 12 because I guess she has plans.

          "Fine," umma sounded frustrated and tired," If you're not going to sleep, then I'll just tell you what I made plans for." This made everyone shut up. "Okay then so tomorrow we are going to Hurrican Habor in Six Flags," everyone cheered and whooped," Wait! I'm not finished... Okay, then we're going to sleep at a nearby hotel and go to Magic Mountain, the other side of Six Flags the next day. Then the next day, I reserved the whole mall and the movie theater or you guys.And then he last day, I set up a date for a full day spa and they will do your make-up, nails, everythingfor you. But sadly, won't be able to make it though. But you will see me on your birthday though Seohyun." 
          I wanted to cry. These people have given everything than I deserve and now they're giving me twice as more. I feel soo lucky that I could call them my family. "And it's going to be amazing, too-" I looked up and my mother was still talking. My eyes widen, "There's ... more?!" I asked with a hint of surprise.

         "Well, of course. I barely even started. Oh! And there's going to be-"

         "There's gonna be what?" Janey interupted before I did.

        "Well, sweetie..." umma hesitated," that is a surprise for Seohyun ... to see soon."