Two

HEART KNOWS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Leave me alone!!! Jiyong screamed and trashed everything his hand could reach, even the IV attached to his wrist; he harshly pulled it and threw it away. His blood tricked out, but he ignored it. He stood up from his bed, and the nurse quickly ran to his side to stop him, but he harshly pushed her away. 

 

"Mr. Kwon." The nurse stood up from the floor to stop him, but he pushed her again. He continued to walk, knocking on everything that he bumped.  He tried to reach the wall for support but failed because his room was spacious enough for him. His hand was flailing in the air, trying to reach for something to hold but incredibly failed. 

 

"Mr. Kwon, please go back to your bed. Your wrist is bleeding." The nurse said.

 

"I said leave me alone!!! He screamed again. 

 

"That's why no nurse wants to take care of you because of your attitude. No one will love you and take good care of you because you're a heartless brat. I hope you'll never find someone to love you because you don't deserve it." The nurse said before she stormed out of his room, leaving Jiyong in tears.

 

"I know, no one care for me, even my parents. You don't have to rub it on my face. No one loved me before when I still had my eyes. How much more now that I am blind? I'll only want to die. I want to die." He screamed, crying. He continued walking, and with every piece of furniture his hand could reach and carry, he threw it until he bumped into a hard wall and fell on the floor crying.

 

"I hate all of you!!!! He shouted when the door burst open, and he heard someone gasp. He forced himself to stand up, stepping on broken glass on the floor, falling again. Some of the broken glass wounded his arm, and he cried in pain. He pitied himself and stayed on the floor crying until someone pulled him to stand up.

 

"Leave me alone." He sobbed, but the person who helped him hugged him tightly and soothingly rubbed his back. Jiyong broke out into tears miserably, clutching to the person hugging him.

 

"Stand up." He heard the voice say. He quickly pulled away from the hug. 

 

"Dara...Dara, it was you?" He asked, hoping.

 

"Sorry, Mr. Kwon, but I'm not Dara. I'm Dee. I'm a nurse here." She answered.

 

Jiyong tried to reach her face, but she held his hand, stopping him. "C'mon, you need to go back to your bed so that I can tend your wound."  The girl said.

 

Jiyong tiredly lowers his head, and he silently weeps. The nurse in front of him sounded like Dara, the voice he was very familiar with, but Dara is not a nurse. He felt that the girl pulled him up, and he forced himself to stand up, not wanting to give her a hard time. She leads him to the bed and makes him sit at the edge of it.

 

He felt her wipe his face with a tissue or clothes he didn't know, and then he heard her walk away.

 

"Don't leave. Please stay." He pleaded.

 

"I'm not. I get something to tend your wound." She answered. Jiyong nodded his head and waited for her to come back. After a few minutes, he heard footsteps coming, and he felt the bed beside him deepen.  

 

"Let me treat your wound." Her soft voice that calms his heart said. And he felt her start applying something to his arm.

 

"What is your name?" He asked.

 

"Just call me nurse Dee." She answered.

 

"Are you going to be my nurse?"

 

"No! I'll just be here during this time." She answered.

 

"Can you be my nurse?"

 

"Sorry, Mr. Kwon, but I can't." She answered. His heart sinks, and he stops talking anymore.

 

"Don't worry. I'll be here during this time." She smiled.

 

"What time is it now?"

 

Two  in the morning." She answered.

 

"Two in the morning? I thought It was afternoon now."

 

She chuckled and fixed the things she used. "Mr. Kwon, you need to rest now."

 

"Call me Jiyong."

 

"Jiyong, rest now, look like you're not sleeping anymore. You look pale, and the dark circle around your eyes told me so."

 

"I don't have eyes."

 

"Don't worry about your eyes coz heart knows what your eyes can't see." She softly said. "If I were you, I choose to be blind than have heart disease because you're not slowly dying every day, but if you have heart disease, you can't tell when your heart stops beating. Maybe now, tomorrow, or even when you're sleeping, you don't know.

 

"You only said that coz you're not blind for two years like me."

 

" I know someone that has a heart disease since she was young. She's coming in and out of the hospital because she can't undergo an operation until she reaches eighteen. Still, when she reached eighteen, her family was having a hard time searching for a heart donor, and until now, they can't find one, but that girl doesn't give up. She struggled to live because of the guy she loved who didn't love her back.

 

Jiyong chuckled bitterly. She's such an idiot like the girl I know." 

 

"You're right. I told her that she's stupid to love someone who doesn't love her, but she said she couldn't teach her heart to beat with someone else." She whispered, wiping the tears that fell from her eyes. "Did you ever fall in love?"

 

"Nurse Dee, do you have a crush on me? Why you're asking that question?" He chuckled. She also chuckled, wiping her tears.

 

"I only want to know, but It's okay if you don't want to tell. Mr. Kwon, I  need to go. I am just going to do my round." She said, standing up.

 

"Yes! I fell in love before, and until now, I still love her." He said, stopping the girl from her track.

 

"Good to hear that. That only means you're not heartless" She chuckled and went to him. 

 

"I dropped by some other time if I have free time. She said. "Stay strong and don't lose hope. You don't know. Maybe tomorrow you'll get an eye donor." She kneeled in front of him and hugged him, which startled Jiyong.

 

"Jiyong, stop being stubborn, listen to your nurse and always rest. Take care of yourself, do it for the girl you love." She whispered and kissed his cheek. She pulled away from the hug, but Jiyong held her.

 

"Nurse Dee, why do you seem familiar to me. My heart beats the way every time I'm with her. You sounded like her. You smell like her. The only difference is your hair is short. I missed her already. I want to see her badly."

 

"Does she know that you love her?"

 

"No, because she already has someone else." She soothingly rubbed his back. 

 

"Same with me. He already loves someone else." Dara thought. "I need to go now."

 

"You're coming back, right?"

 

"I'll come when I got the free time." She whispered back.

 

"Can you come back later?" She chuckled.

 

"Mr. Kwon, I think you are the one who has a crush on me." She teased.  "Or just because I sounded like her and smell like her." She said she was hurt knowing he loved someone else. Her whole life, she loves only him.

 

"I don't know. You were just here for a few minutes, but I felt comfortable around you. My heart feels at ease when you hug me, like right now, and I don't want to let you go." He honestly answered.

 

"You have a crush on me. It's confirmed. Dara chuckled, seeing a red tint on his face. "You're blushing." She laughs. 

 

"I'm not." He said, denying it.

 

"You're cute when you're blushing."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter