Five

HEART KNOWS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara was brought to the emergency room instantly. Her heart was not almost beating; that scared jiyong. Many apparatus was quickly attached to her, and Seunghyun tried to revive her. Jiyong, on the other hand, was outside the operating room crying his heart out, trembling in fear, with their parents trying to calm him.

 

He slumped down on the floor with his face buried between his knees, bawling. He doesn't care what the passerby will say to him. All he thinks is Dara inside the operating room. His heart was erratically beating inside his chest, and he wanted to scream just to loosen the suffocating feeling inside it.

 

After an hour, Seunghyun stepped out of the operating room, looking exhausted. Jiyong rushed to him with his tears continued flowing from his eyes.

 

"How is she? She's alright, right?" He asked with his quivering voice.

 

"She's fine now," Seunghyun answered. Jiyong let out a sigh of relief.

 

"And one more thing, we found a heart donor Ji." Seunghyun smiled. Jiyong wanted to jump in happiness, but seunghyun's following words shocked him. "But Dara, she's five weeks pregnant."

 

"What? pregnant?" Jiyong asked, surprised.

 

"And because of that, It's very dangerous to undergo an operation right now. Either Dara or the baby will be in danger," Seunghyun said sadly. Jiyong slumped on the floor again. 

 

"Why all is this thing happening right now?" He thought, pulling his hair. "If only Dara were not in this condition, I would surely scream in happiness about her pregnancy, but why now? What should I do?"

 

"Son! His father whispered. 

 

"What should I do, Dad." He sobbed.

 

"Let's do the operation." Dara's mother said. "Doctor Choi, please do all you can to save  both of them."

 

"Save Dara, please save her if the thing goes wrong," Jiyong said, and his tears streamed down his eyes. If things go wrong, their baby will be gone without even them seeing him/her, but Dara is more important right now.

 

"Mr. & Mrs. Park, you need to sign a waiver." Seunghyun said. 

 

"Okay, we will."

 

"Follow me, ma'am, sir." Seunghyun made his way to his office, followed by Dara's parents, leaving the crying Jiyong with his parents trying to comfort him.

 

"Mom!! He sobbed, clutching his mother's arm, feeling weak with everything happening to him and Dara.

 

"Everything will be alright, son." His mother cooed.

 

"Our baby. Dara will hate me if she found out about this, but I don't want to lose her."

 

"She'll understand. Dara will understand." His mother whispered.

 

* * *

 

After one hour, the operation started. Jiyong went to the chapel and kneeled in front of the altar for two hours, asking God for a miracle.  He doesn't mind the pain in his knees. He stayed there crying until he lost consciousness because of too much stress, crying, and tiredness.  His parents only found out when the staff brought him to Dara's room. He slept for twenty-four hours, and when he woke up, he gasped and instantly ran toward the door to go to the operating room, only to be stopped by his father.

 

"Dara, Dad, how long did I sleep he asked, worried, and his tears fell from his eyes again. His father smiled and hugged him but quickly pulled away from the hug.

 

"Look behind you." His father whispered. Jiyong instantly turned around, and there he saw Dara sleeping on the bed not far away from the bed where he sleeps. Instantly his tears streamed down his eyes.

 

"Stop crying already, son. The baby is fine, the doctor saves the baby, and Dara, if there's no complication, comes after a week, everything will be alright." Jiyong weeps more in relief and happiness that their baby is safe and Dara. He wishes that everything is going well with her.

 

* * *

 

Two days passed after the operation, and finally, Dara woke up, which brought tears to Jiyong's eyes again. He quickly called  Seunghyun, and he checked her. When he saw that everything was fine,  he left them to give them privacy.

 

She raised her hand weakly, and he quickly held it.  "Dee." He whispered and planted a lingering kiss on her forehead. "You're awake. Finally, you wake up." He said and brought her hand on his lips and kissed her knuckles.

 

Dara left hand went to her oxygen mask. Jiyong quickly got what she meant. He pulled it down, and he saw her smile, which also brought a smile to his lips.

 

"Ji, what happened?" She weakly asked.

 

"You got a donor, and you already underwent a heart transplant." He smiled, wiping the tears that kept falling from his eyes again.

 

"Oh! That's why I feel a bit better right now. That means you'll have a blind wife, Ji. Is it okay for you?" She smiles.

 

"Even if  you're cripple that I'll carry every second is fine with me, as long that it was you, Dee." He answered, caressing her face. "Stop talking; for now, you need to rest more to regain your straight faster."

 

"I miss you. I miss you so much." She whispered. Jiyong smiled and held her hand, and placed her palm on his cheek.

 

"I miss you too, so much." He whispered.

 

"Stop crying, Ji. I'm fine now." She whispered when she felt the wetness on his cheek.

 

Jiyong sniffled, took a deep breath, and blew it out to calm himself,  holding back his tears. He dried his face and forced a smile on his lips. "I'm not crying anymore. Now rest, coz I have a surprise for you when you wake up." He leaned down and kissed her forehead again.

 

"I love you. I love you so much."

 

"I love you more."

 

"Rest, Dee." She smiled and went back to sleep.

 

* * *

 

A week after the operation, Seunghyun thoroughly checked Dara for any complications and was relieved when he found nothing. Her heart was functioning correctly, and there was no side effect.

 

"Congratulation, Dara, finally you're safe now. We wait until your operation healed, and you're free to go home with your jealous husband." Seunghyun teased Jiyong, who just snorted at him. Dara giggled; although she couldn't see Jiyong's reaction, she was sure that he was blushing and scowling at Seunghyun right now.

 

"Thank you for everything, Seunghyun." Dara smiled. "I don't know how to repay you."

 

"Simply makes me a godfather of your baby." He smirked at Jiyong, who until now didn't tell Dara that she was pregnant because he warned him that it's bad for her to be shocked or surprised.

 

"Godfather of my baby?" She chuckled.

 

Seunghyun chuckled when Jiyong kicked his leg lightly, throwing him a glare. "Dara, see you again tomorrow coz your jealous husband is kicking me out of the room." Seunghyun laughed and stepped out of the room.

 

"Jiyong, why did you kick Seunghyun out of my room."She pouted. "Still jealous of him?"

 

"No!" He lied. He sat beside her and entwined their finger. "Dee, I have something to tell, but promise me, you calm down, okay? That Doctor Choi told me it's bad for you  to feel thrilled or sad, so please relax." He whispered.

 

"'C'mon, sit down." He helps her to sit and then hugs her. 

 

"What is it, Ji?" She wrapped her arms around his waist, resting her head on his chest.

 

"Dee, umm!! Do you like babies? " He asked while brushing her hair using his finger.

 

"Yes, I want to have a baby with you. Why?"

 

"Umm!!! Doctor Choi said, umm..... 

 

"What is it, Ji? You're scaring me." She tensed up.

 

"You're two months pregnant. There I said it."  Jiyong felt nervous when Dara didn't say a thing and only tightened her hold on him.

 

"Dee, you alright? What's wrong? I shouldn't tell you, I should wait for a while, Dee..... what's. ..... but his blabbering was cut off when Dara pecked his lips, and happiness can be seen on her face, smiling widely.

 

"I'm happy. I'm very happy." She murmured on his chest. Jiyong laughed and hugged her tightly. 

 

"We're going to have our baby, Dee." He smiled and kissed her cheek. "But don't feel so happy coz It's bad for you." He warned.

 

"I never expected this soon, we only did it once, but you got me pregnant." She teased. 

 

"Should we do it again to make another one," Jiyong whispered, then trailed kisses on her neck. "I want to do it again." He said in his husky voice.

 

"Yah! stop doing that. I might have a heart attack here.  Just wait until I'm fully recovered coz I won't let you rest." She said and bit his shoulder softly.

 

Jiyong laughs and gives her a lingering kiss. "Hmmm!!! I miss this." He moaned after they broke the kiss. She just chuckled and playfully pinched his side. Jiyong smiled and cuddled her in his arm.

 

"What do you want to eat." He whispered after a few minutes of silence passed between them.

 

"Anything."  She answered, touching her stomach, smiling. "Ji, can you buy fruits? I want an apple, grapes, and orange."

 

"Okay! Anything else?" 

 

"Fresh milk and chocolates."

 

"Okay! That's all?" She nodded her head.

 

"Ji, what time is it now?"

 

"Five in the afternoon." He answered.

 

"Can you buy it now, Ji?" 

 

"Later, I want to stay like this for a while." He pouted. She giggled and bit his chest.

 

"Stop biting me." He smacked a kiss on her forehead.

 

"Just love to bite you." She answered and bit him again.

 

"Dee, it hurt, you know, you bite me every day, not only once or twice, but every time I'm beside you." He pouted, rubbing the spot that she bites.

 

"Okay! I won't bite you anymore." She sulked. 

 

"Okay, you can bite me, but don't bite me hard, okay? Coz it's painful." He gives in. She quickly grinned and nuzzled his neck.

 

"Ahh!!! Dara." He hissed when she bit him hard on his neck. 

 

She quickly pulled away from him. "Buy me an apple now."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter