Four

HEART KNOWS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong wasn't able to go home since the day he was discharged from the hospital. It's already a week passed, and he didn't leave Dara's side all this time. He sleeps, takes a bath, and eats at the hospital together with her. He wanted to always be by her side every second, minute, and hour that passed. 

 

He sat on the chair beside her bed, looking at her pale face. As the days passed, she became thinner and weaker, which scared him. All this week, all he did was silently cried every time he looked at her sleeping like a  dead person. He was afraid that she would never wake up anymore. He kept checking her heart monitor, ensuring that her heart was still beating.

 

Jiyong quickly dries his tear when he sees that she moves a little.

 

"Ji! She called weakly and reached out her hand to him.

 

"I'm here." He answered, holding her hand. 

 

"Good morning." She greeted him, smiling.

 

"Good evening Dee." He greeted her back and kissed her forehead.

 

"It's evening already?" She whispered sadly.

 

"You sleep long." He smiled.

 

"Ji, can you help me? I want to si. My back hurt."

 

Jiyong quickly stood up from his seat and sat beside her. "C'mon." Slowly he helps her sit and lets her lean on his chest, with his right hand securely holding her body not to fall. He brushed her hair using his finger and kissed her head's crown.

 

"Ji!

 

"Hmm!!

 

"I love you."

 

"I know, and I love you more." He whispered back, tears forming at the side of his eyes again.

 

She looked up at him with a smile on her lips. Jiyong smiled and planted a  peck on her lips.

 

"Dee, let's get married." Her smile instantly vanished, and she lowered her head, then shook her head.

 

"Dee, let's get married." He whispered again, and the tears he was holding fell from his eyes.

 

"I can't, Ji. You know my situation. We don't know when, but I know sooner or later I'm going to d......

 

"I don't want to hear that. You're not going to die, our parents are searching everywhere just to find a heart donor for you, and I'm sure sooner they will find it. You'll live a long life beside me, become my wife, and build our family. We're going to have two kids, a daughter, and a son. I'll buy you a big mansion, and we'll live together. You'll stay at home while I'm running my parents business.

 

"Yah!" She weakly smacked his arm. "I want to work too. Can you make me your secretary?" She pouted. Jiyong chuckled, but his tears continued to fall, but he quickly wiped them off, don't want her to know.

 

"Okay! You're going to be my secretary." A smile spread on her face when he heard what he said. "You're going to be my secretary, and while we  don't have kids, I'm going to be your baby." He heard her chuckle weakly, which brought a smile to his lips.

 

"Every morning, you'll cook my breakfast and greet me with a morning kiss." Jiyong continued. 

 

"I've loved to do that." She giggled.

 

"You're the one to prepare the clothes I'm going to wear every day, and you're the one to fix my tie coz I don't know how to do it."  He chuckled when he saw fear on her face.

 

"Umm!! Ji, sorry, but I also don't know how to fix a tie." She shyly said, fidgeting her fingers.

 

"Okay, the tie, I'll try to learn how to do it independently." He kissed her cheek and continued.

 

"We're going to the office together, and you're not allowed to wear a short skirt and dresses and y clothes. You can only wear that when we're on our date."

 

"Why?" She pouted.

 

"I don't want my male employees ogling my wife. I might fire them instantly." He honestly said.

 

"I don't know you're a jealous kind of specimen, Mr. Kwon." She teased.

 

"I am, so be careful coz if I catch you are cheating, I'll punish you." He warned. 

 

"Scary." She teased.

 

"Mine is  mine, and no one can take it, even death." He whispered, and his hold on her tightened. "You're mine, and you can't leave. " A tear fell from his eyes and fell on her face.

 

"You're crying again." She whispered.

 

"I can't help it, Dee. As the days passed, my fears heightened. I'm scared. I don't want to lose you. I love you so much that I won't let you go. I won't,  and I can't. " He sobbed, letting his tears fall freely from his eyes.

 

"Let's get married, Dee, please." 

 

"But Ji...

 

"Please, Dee, marry me, please." He cried and hugged her tightly. "Marry me, please."

 

"Ji"

 

"Dara, I won't marry anyone except you. You're the only girl I have loved ever since. I loved you the first time I saw you."

 

"What? You loved me since the first time you saw me?" Jiyong gasped when what he said sank into his mind. 

 

"What do you mean you love me ever since?" Dara asked. Jiyong dried his tears and rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassed. 

 

"Umm! I have liked you since we were freshmen." He blushed as if Dara could see him. 

 

"You're blushing. I'm sure of that?" She chuckled. "But are you telling the truth?"

 

"Yes! and I'm not blushing." He lied, but his face looked like a tomato.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter