Three

HEART KNOWS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The week has passed, the operation has gone smoothly, and today is when the doctor will remove the bandage from Jiyong's eyes.  The whole week no Dee comes to visit him, check on him, how's the operation, how's he's doing.  She didn't come back after what happened between them.

 

That whole week is hell for Jiyong. He cried every night, waiting for her. It was more torturous waiting for her for a week than waiting for an eye donor for two years.  He asked all the nurses and doctors that checked on him every day if they saw her? Why she didn't come anymore, but no one knows her. 

 

Jiyong asked his parents to look for her, but they failed. They check all the employees at the hospital, but no employee has a name like her. 

 

"Mom, please find her." Jiyong pleaded to his mother. "Please, Mom, this is the only favor I'm asking from you. Please find her."

 

His parents were happy because, for the first time, their son asked for their help, but the help he was asking for, they didn't know if they could fulfill it. "Jiyong, where do we find her. You only know her as Dee." Her mother whispered, hugging him.

 

"Just look for her, please, please, Mom." 

 

"We'll try, but we can't guarantee that we can find her quickly. It will take long, Jiyong." His mother explains.

 

"It's okay, just find her."  Her mother sighed and soothingly patted his back.

 

"Jiyong, are you ready?" The doctor asked, stepping inside the room behind him are the four nurses who attended Jiyong within two years of his stay in the hospital.

 

"Doc, can all the nurses that attended on me this past two years can be here when you remove my bandage?" Jiyong asked.

 

"They're here with me because they wanted you to see them when you open your eyes." The doctor said, smiling. Jiyong smile, hoping that one of them is Dee.

 

The doctor slowly removed the bandage from his eyes with the help of one of the nurses while the other just watched, smiling. Jiyong's heart was thundering inside his chest, scared, nervous, excited, he didn't know what he was feeling right now, but the only thing he was praying is to see her in front of him as soon as he opened his eyes.

 

"Don't open your eyes until I said so." The doctor told him, and he nodded his head in response. His parents were standing just a meter away from him, nervously watching him.

 

"Open your eyes now, slowly." The doctor said after he removed all the bandages from his eyes.  Jiyong very slowly opened his eyes, but he quickly closed them when the brightness of the light greeted his eyes. His face contorted a little, and his eyes hurt a little.

 

"It's okay. It's normal, do it again." The doctor said.

 

He slowly opened his eyes again, but he quickly covered them with his palm, then slowly opened them again, he lowered his hand, and at first, his vision was blurry, but slowly It's getting clearer, and the first thing he saw was a girl standing at the door smiling at him. He closed his eyes again, thinking that it was his hallucination, and when he opened his eyes again,  the figure at the door was gone.

 

"It can't be her, it can't be Dara, what she's doing in my room anyway." He thought. He roamed his eyes around, and the next thing he saw was his parents crying and hugging each other.

 

"Mom, Dad." He whispered.

 

"Can you see us?" His mother asked with tears streaming from her eyes. Jiyong smiled and nodded his head. His parent broke into tears and hugged him tightly.

 

"Jiyong, do your eyes hurt, or do you feel anything, like itchy, pain, and dizzy?" The doctor asked.

 

"I don't feel any pain. I'm good." He answered, looking at the four nurses that were standing beside him. He looks at them one by one, but no one of them has short hair.

 

The doctor rechecks his eyes, and after that, he smiles. "This is a good sign, but we still need to observe it for one week, and after that, if nothing goes wrong, you'll be discharged  soon, but if you feel any pain or changes in your eyes, tell  me instantly so that we can check it quickly if any complication arises." The doctor told him. He nodded in response, but his eyes fixed on the four nurses besides the doctor.

 

"Doc, is there a nurse who attended to me with short hair? "

 

"They're all the nurses taking care of you this past two years and no one else." The doctor answered. Jiyong sadly lowers his head.

 

"You said you'll be here, but where are you, Dee? Now that I can see you, why you're not here. You said you want me to be happy,  but where are you?" He thought, holding his tears not to fall.

 

After the doctor told him about the do's and don't about his eyes, they left, leaving him with his parents. The tears that his holding fell from his eyes, and his mother quickly hushed him because It was not good for his eyes.

 

* * *

 

Doctor Choi, does Jiyong see me?" Dara asked weakly after he laid her above her bed. 

 

"Maybe, he was looking at you earlier." He answered, doing some checks on her. "You can't leave this room anymore, okay? He's fine now, Dara. You don't need to worry anymore, and you, look at you. How can you donate your eyes to him when you're also waiting for your heart donor. Your parents were devastated that they can't even look at you right now. Your mother cried every time she came." Seunghyun sighed.

 

"Maybe you're just full of luck coz when you got a seizure during the operation, we able to revive you."

 

She chuckled weakly. "I just want Jiyong to live a normal life like before."

 

"You're stupid. How about you now? What's going to happen to you if ever you got a heart donor and have been discharged from the hospital. What are you going to do? After you suffer from your illness, you're going to suffer again coz you're blind now." Seunghyun scolded her.

 

"I can live with that. It was okay for me even though I was blind. At least I'm alive." She answered.

 

"What if he won't like you anymore?"

 

"It's okay. I'm happy that even in a short period, I felt that I was being loved by him. Within a month that I'm with him is the happiest moment of my life, and I'm happy even if I die right now."

 

"Don't talk about it."

 

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter